Love Mzzery's!

Need to read Belaric's yet :)

#62 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:56

Thank you! And I think remember that phone call. It was pretty lively and I felt pretty darned good after helping you with that. It was how to take an image attach it to the ticket, right

YES your right!!!  this goes to show that not only does the support team take the time to help out...but even remembers silly little things like this.  And I too agree with KATH, I just felt that I couldnt let that comment stand in regards to support being lacking.  Sorry for derailing from the topic at hand which is a very good idea!  Especially with the possibility of some not remembering pass words or such, they would have not only access to HCS to be able to log on to their character since that has changed a bit .but get excited about whats new thats been going on to bring them back!

#63 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:59

Utter nonsense. Support bends over backwards to help people. Generally, the ones who feel they don't get help from Support are the troublemakers who do not see why rules should apply to them.

A huge amount of feedback we get from players is that they actually love just how much we do for them through Support.

i love you grim   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#64 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:31

In the interest of playing devils advocate here (and, I admit, I was curious about the numbers ... )

Let's assume your stam is 9k and it takes 6 days and 6 hrs to regenerate fully.

That gives us 9000 / 150 which equals an hourly regeneration of 60 stamina.

There are plenty of ways to bump up your regain / hr above that already.

1. Epics worn would give you +18 / hr if you wore all +2 items

2. Epic Quests (the 3 that I can find) would give you +5 / hr

3. And then there's the +1 stam gain for 25 fsp in upgrades = +25 / hr there

What I'm trying to say there is that there are already plenty of options for you to pay to upgrade your stamina gain ;)

Firstly, my stam gain has been maxed since 2008...

Secondly, I'm poor and will never be able to afford epics.... My guild has few and those are always in use...  

I'm not sure about the epic quests, they are a new thing at FS and I just don't know that much about them... I will check them out.  

However, the fact still remains that more people would stay if stamina regenerated quickly enough to play evry day or even every other day... That's my point.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#65 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:53

get less max stam like 3k or so and hunt daily?

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#66 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2014 - 14:29

and you don't have to be at max stamina to play the game you can go pvp, gvg, hunt quest prettymuch anything with more than 20 stamina ...

you can increase the rate at wich you can do this by paying for the game 

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#67 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2014 - 20:19

and you don't have to be at max stamina to play the game you can go pvp, gvg, hunt quest prettymuch anything with more than 20 stamina ...

you can increase the rate at wich you can do this by paying for the game 

Don't you see that your statement proves Penny's point....it's not the amount of stamina bank you have, but the fact that stamina is used for everything but arena (some would say to get the contributing factors of the arena takes stamina), so when it runs out, you can't do anything.  The point is stamina gain, gain.  I'll say it again, gain (pun intended).  It's unlikely as well that someone is going to rebuff each hour they gain stamina, at least not sane persons.  Please do think through your comments.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#68 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 21:59

I think sending out emails to old players is wrong, and it is also illegal in some countries (eg. the country where I live). I gave my email in order to register but I never gave the permission to spam my inbox. I would not want a mail from the Cows whenever I decide to retire.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#69 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 22:43

I think sending out emails to old players is wrong, and it is also illegal in some countries (eg. the country where I live). I gave my email in order to register but I never gave the permission to spam my inbox. I would not want a mail from the Cows whenever I decide to retire.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

North Korean?  :P

Cheers.

wil72

#70 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:17

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

LMAO! So now you remember all the fine print you read however many years ago. One email isn't necessarily spam. I just laugh at the Internet hostility about privacy... I agree to a point but at the same time I have to say, "Really? After all the cold spamming everyone gets one email from a company that you have had a relationship with for(6 or 7 years) so long?" Please don't get your undergarments in a bunch.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#71 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:46

I had to guide some new players step by step during the lower maps because they were really confusing, even for me

to be honest I am not surprised that many new players leave after seeing the "labyrinth" lower maps :(

Mowglick has contributed, like the Helper but even longer, so much with his maps for many, many years.

Here's the link for those that don't know it: http://mowglik.livinloud.ca/

HCS relies on the community for so much. Until we don't have something, like the Helper do we realize how valuable it is to us.

Even this forum serves as a valuable tool for both developers and players.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#72 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:20

It would be cool if we had class selections that opened or closed the skill trees. Then New Game+ could be implemented at 2500, people could try new classes(and hopefully new buffs) that weren't in the first round of content. I've always liked that about RPGs and it would be a welcomed addition because different classes and races might make the game tougher or easier.

Official jobs/roles where you get exp based on how much you use that aspect and the more rewards/enhancements you gain from experience. Potion makers get rewarded with higher success rates and lowered components needed. Farmers get higher drop rates with a new enhancement named Scavenger or something. Composers get shorter brewing times and more exp. PVPers get higher thievery rates and chances to negate the dreaded 2% miss and Piercing Strike. GVGers could get stam saved from battles and an increased GVG target range. Arena masters could get lowered fees and bonus rewards. Titan hunters could get a lightfoot enhancement and increased stats against titans.

Gives incentive for people to try other aspects or to specialize in a certain one. More ways for lower levels to gain FSP if they choose to specialize in one aspect(similar to plant farmers now).

Never coded a game before but I don't think it would be hard to do something like this. Composing EXP formulas could probably be used as the basis then just tie in the EXP earned to new enhancements that can only grow through experience and not buffs.

Edited by Crzy, 01 August 2014 - 09:23.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#73 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2014 - 16:34

It would be cool if we had class selections that opened or closed the skill trees. Then New Game+ could be implemented at 2500, people could try new classes(and hopefully new buffs) that weren't in the first round of content. I've always liked that about RPGs and it would be a welcomed addition because different classes and races might make the game tougher or easier.

Official jobs/roles where you get exp based on how much you use that aspect and the more rewards/enhancements you gain from experience. Potion makers get rewarded with higher success rates and lowered components needed. Farmers get higher drop rates with a new enhancement named Scavenger or something. Composers get shorter brewing times and more exp. PVPers get higher thievery rates and chances to negate the dreaded 2% miss and Piercing Strike. GVGers could get stam saved from battles and an increased GVG target range. Arena masters could get lowered fees and bonus rewards. Titan hunters could get a lightfoot enhancement and increased stats against titans.

Gives incentive for people to try other aspects or to specialize in a certain one. More ways for lower levels to gain FSP if they choose to specialize in one aspect(similar to plant farmers now).

Never coded a game before but I don't think it would be hard to do something like this. Composing EXP formulas could probably be used as the basis then just tie in the EXP earned to new enhancements that can only grow through experience and not buffs.

I'm in, sign me up.  

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#74 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 21:55

get less max stam like 3k or so and hunt daily?

OK so only have 3k stamina. well I want to break it down for  for my 50K max stamina when I level with a doubler level 1200 it takes me on average about 1 hour to go though my stamina. So lets say I only had 3k max stamina and only used doubler 150. It would take me about 15 mins  to go through it.

Anybody that has played other mmorpgs chances are they have grinded for hours upon hours when they first start and then they continue. That is just not possible for the new player or even most veteran players.

#75 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 22:06

Sure some might want more content if stamina gain was upped. I myself and have to assume many others wouldn't care entirely 2 much if content rolled out at the same speed.  I could possibly titan hunt more. I could farm some of my own frags. I could pvp a little more.  I might  do some SE hunting again, during globals events I would be inclined to use a bit more of my stamina, buff a bit more.  the possibilities  just keep going, but at current rate I mostly just level.

#76 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 22:19

IF stam gain was increased in a way that is fair to all (and I'm cooling on the concept - unless they just want to add more stam gain to be bought for FSP) we would need to be prepared for some negative consequences - such as increased gold/FSP. More folk hunting more often, gaining more gold would tend to force the price of gold/FSP up.

It has been argued in the past that high cost of FSP in gold terms is a disincentive for new players, as they can't get enough gold safely to be able to buy FSP to use for upgrades. Ironically increased stam gain could worsen this - just a thought for consideration.

Hey if we could have ascended character classes - great (depending on how they could work - in an SS2 way? In Crzy's way in which habits are reinforced by new abilities - how will the detail work and will it improve the game experience radically enough to justify the overhaul??) - but I don't see the coding resources being available for such a large project. As I said before - if we had that much coding resource then the roadmap would have been dealt with in a much more timely fashion.

Current EOC players have put a LOT of time, effort and resources into getting there. Believe it or not it was tough to get to EOC (at least it was for me personally). If a game is reset to level 1 for all irrespective of what level they reached prior to the reset I think it would be fair for EOC players to be a bit disillusioned.

Any ascended/level cap/reset the game options need to be carefully thought out and probably discussed in their own thread. I remain convinced (and hoof can disabuse me of the notion) that the programming/coding resources are not currently available to FS to create essentially a new game at the 'end' of the current one. If they were available we'd have no list of fixes waiting to be dealt with.

Edited by Belaric, 01 August 2014 - 22:28.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#77 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 22:23

P.S. I'm all for a streamlined modern FS 2 to be created and made fully mobile if the original FS cannot be adapted. An FS2 that works on mobile, and everyone gets to start on the same playing field at level 1 would be cool. It would probably lead to the demise of the original FS, but the new game might be worth it if all the desired gameplay improvements are included.

Do HCS have any interest in such a project?

• Xed likes this

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#78 Xed

Xed

Posted 01 August 2014 - 22:58

I'd actually enjoy a FS2 quite alot, starting out at level 1, and actually having a possibility of being Top 100 in the game sounds fun. Because as it is, I would have to level for a couple more years to get to EOC.

Edited by Xed, 01 August 2014 - 23:48.

Xed.gif

Xed's Graphic Shoppe: http://forums.hunted...graphic-shoppe/

#79 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:19

I agree with the original post.

Just a few comments about other comments in the thread:

Someone said something about boosting stam gains, and pumping out more content at a faster rate. I might be alone in my view that having even more content faster would just make the game less interesting to new players, but to be honest, I don't think that I personally would have felt very eager to start playing if there had been 2000+ levels to go thru when I started. Also, having so much max stam that you feel you never get to play, that's really up to each individual I'd think. Just don't get it so high that it "never" refills? I have a serious issues refilling mine too at times, but that's my own fault.

I think maybe this big level gap could be less intimidating, if people below lvl 1k for example, would get triple xp insead of double xp, during double xp events? That's just a thought, can't say I've thought that one through very well.

yep, it must be terribly daunting to a new player now, when i first joined i never thought too much but REALLY liked the no cap as i played more, now i feel like im really only leveling for gxp and no real purpose, the post below mzz's by DP ... i never liked the idea of a dark side or anything other than regular content BUT even the most leveling levelers like myself really just start wondering and even if some players like me do join(god forbid) who see no cap as the holy grail would eventually change their tune after 2000+ levels, i finally feel compelled to yield to the fact that maybe we do need something other than just more content whatever the new avenue could be, like u said a darkside idea ive seen thrown around from time to time, something... not like there are buffs or things to work for, thats not a jab HCS ~but~ we are still waiting :P

#80 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 21:44

I just love the fact that killing creeps is too much for someone who that is all they do. Now, so that we don't perceive too large a gap for new players, someone's suggested a 'dark side' to level that would parallel the current leveling world. I hate to break it but the 'dark side' being mentioned already exists; it's considered attacking other players and called PvP. Enjoy it before it is completely morphed unrecognizable by today's definition.

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: