• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:34

hey, yeah... there's a reason I created this thread. 

Anybody seen any new info or want to put in their speculation on when it will happen (if it does, hehe)?

Double XP events won't run during weekdays when most players are busy with work/school/life, so it has to start on a Friday and maximize the weekend as all past events did. Pick one:

June 17
June 24
July 1
July 8
July 15
July 22
July 29

I don't see any reason to run this event later than this other than to be "different" or prove speculators wrong.

.... but knowing it will come it is ALMOST an stimulation for most players to buy strong donations chests with leveling buffs or to use best global pots that player got during the year .... 

True, this event is a huge FSP sink and boosts FS economic activity. Not much going on these days other than a few patchwork stuff - nothing significant that could derail the release of a mid-year xp event (unless they are uber busy with things other than FS). 

Edited by Maj, 12 June 2016 - 03:25.

#62 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:36

Double XP events won't run during weekdays when most players are busy with work/school/life, so it has to start on a Friday and maximize the weekend as all past events did. Pick one:

June 17
June 24
July 1
July 8
July 15
July 22
July 29

I don't see any reason to run this event later than this other than to be "different" or prove speculators wrong.

HAS to ? - they can start / end it whenever they want to :)

But yes, I agree, it'll more than likely be a weekend ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#63 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:39

HAS to ? - they can start / end it whenever they want to :)

But yes, I agree, it'll more than likely be a weekend ...

Well, they won't run the event for a full week, that's for sure ;). The most they can do is start on a Thursday and end on a Sunday. If they go Monday to Wednesday then all they'll get are player groans and rants.

Edited by Maj, 12 June 2016 - 02:48.

#64 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:49

Well, they won't run the event for a full week, that's for sure ;). The most they can do is start on a Thursday and end on a Sunday. It they go on a Monday to Wednesday then all they'll get are player groans and rants.

True - but they're becoming more and more immune to those, saying that's there no problem. Leastwise, that's how they're addressing other groans and rants ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#65 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:56

True - but they're becoming more and more immune to those, saying that's there no problem. Leastwise, that's how they're addressing other groans and rants ;)

Ah yes, I've seen that one on another recent thread :). Well, let's just see how it goes...

#66 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:16

I don't really care if there is or isn't an event as long as we know what's happening. So, an official post from HCS to let us know that either the event will not run for this time of year or give us a date when it will start.

The player base already dwindling so the more secrets HCS keeps from the players, the more unhappy players will be and leave.

#67 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:42

I don't really care if there is or isn't an event as long as we know what's happening. So, an official post from HCS to let us know that either the event will not run for this time of year or give us a date when it will start.

The player base already dwindling so the more secrets HCS keeps from the players, the more unhappy players will be and leave.

+1

I do worry players will become disillusioned and burn their stamina sick of waiting and then the event will be announced. Those players will be much more likely to leave the game. I do feel like telling us is the best option for the players and the most practical solution.

If there is not one we will be fine just would rather know so as to not waste our time and resources.

Meh...

#68 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:57

Is the glass half full or half empty? The topics I can think of have strong views on both sides. By maintaining the status quo the cows are both supporting half, and ignoring the other half. By accepting the argument for change they'd be doing the same.

(And bear in mind that those two groups comprise a small vocal fraction, and not the large silent majority.)

#69 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:13

We usually give a week or two's heads up.

#70 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:26

(And bear in mind that those two groups comprise a small vocal fraction, and not the large silent majority.)

And therein lies the problem - too many players either

1) Don't know about the forums

or

2) Don't care about the forums

Whilst that scenario remains, all discussions here are going to be between the same people every time ...

#71 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 20:51

Speculation on the 24th is starting to pop. 

BG said today in GC (forgot to copy) that he's working on content. 

3 days to go before the min "week" advisory suggested by BG himself. 

EDIT: You know, I just suddenly realized that my topic title sucks. Should have been "summer" 2016 speculation, lol. 

Guess that shows what I was thinking, hehe.

Edited by Egami, 14 June 2016 - 20:53.

#72 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2016 - 21:17

Speculation on the 24th is starting to pop. 

BG said today in GC (forgot to copy) that he's working on content. 

3 days to go before the min "week" advisory suggested by BG himself. 

EDIT: You know, I just suddenly realized that my topic title sucks. Should have been "summer" 2016 speculation, lol

Guess that shows what I was thinking, hehe.

Not summer down under :P - June 2016 Speculation sounds right to me :)

#73 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 21:28

Not summer down under :P - June 2016 Speculation sounds right to me :)

Good point, lmao. Next time... "mid-year". But then again, not sure how Asian calendars work. *throws in towel*

#74 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 22:06

2) Don't care about the forums

Whilst that scenario remains, all discussions here are going to be between the same people every time ...

hard to care about, when only bg seems to care about the forums - hoof has been barely seen for months....when very very little feedback is coming from the cows..why bother with the forums..

#75 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 22:22

I have to say, this is the biggest pile of guff I have read in the forums in a long time. Ever since the very first XP event those that dwell in the grasslands have teased us with the "will we won't we scenario" with regard to future events, it's all part of the game. Personally speaking I'm getting rather tired, for use of a better expression, with the way players try to twist a situation to try and smash HCS. It is that, more than anything else, in my opinion, that turn players away from the game.

As for the double XP event, I think it will be introduced toward the end of the month. Good luck to all of those that play during it whenever it may be.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 14 June 2016 - 22:23.

#76 kencapone

kencapone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 June 2016 - 00:33

The third Wednesday of Neverary!

#77 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:26

Old rusty pants in hunting here and I am glad this thread was made to keep players like me checking in the forum to see what is new in the gossip on the allusive double xp event.  :lol:

I do not share the opinion that letting players know in advance exactly when events is reason why players are leaving the game. If anything I think the mystique of unknown events keep many players like me coming back and checking in.  :P

Now to get back on topic and I am thinking there will be a double xp event and it will be a Friday start and finish Sunday last week of June or first week of July. I know common because I am always missing the good ones.  :ph34r:

#78 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:40

I wonder when (or if) there'll be a Double XP Event! Golly, the suspense is killing me!

:P

#79 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 13:43

I wonder when (or if) there'll be a Double XP Event! Golly, the suspense is killing me!

:P

LOL damn you BG! Teasing us... Naughty bovine.

Has anyone got some whiskey to send to Scotland... Might get some info out of BG that way. :P

Or failing that some haggis. Ugh!

Edited by Josh1404, 15 June 2016 - 13:44.

#80 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2016 - 13:49

Not really a whisky man myself. Haggis is awesome though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: