• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#61 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:33

It is in the hands of the cows. Please fix it or watch it die.

#62 Soulas

Soulas

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Russian Federation

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:49

Great event arleady killed more than 1000 of them

#63 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:57

It is in the hands of the cows. Please fix it or watch it die.

I'm sure we'll get a realistic fix.. It's nice to have a challenge but I think the target required for Ruby Tier is a little far fetched considering the amount of active players we have here these days and with there being no further incentive to get a top 3 finish..

Thanks for the Event HCS...

#64 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:21

I'm sure we'll get a realistic fix.. It's nice to have a challenge but I think the target required for Ruby Tier is a little far fetched considering the amount of active players we have here these days and with there being no further incentive to get a top 3 finish..

Thanks for the Event HCS...

I hope so. I still going to do top100 as always just for medal progress. But it somewhat removes the fun when not seeing any possibility at all for community being able to reach ruby tier. A challenge is nice, but impossible is something else. The requirements worked when we had more active players, but circumstances has changed. And adding top3 rewards again would also help.

#65 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 13:31

How about we keep the 5k kills for top tier and the 17.5 million total to achieve it, but add an extra incentive above and beyond to encourage more kills.

If a player achieves 5 x the top tier (25k kills) they will receive an extra Ruby chest, or maybe even a different chest? a "Global Warrior" chest, which gives different buffs to the top tier of each event, not too overpowered though.... It might work, not sure  :(

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#66 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 May 2013 - 13:35

We are doing fine. Less talking, more killing!

A killed x global creatures medal would have made better motivation for the less stamina blessed people to do more than 5000 kills. But initialy it was the idea to give different types of global events, so I believe that is the reason why it is the top 100 medal like it is now. It works similar, but you leave a lot of players left out. Since you need 20k kills minimal to get in top 100 a lot of players who don't have the necessary stamina are being left out in the race for the medal and keep it to the required amount of kills for reward.

Maybe we can increase the variaty of global events with all the current aspects of the game we have. Some examples and possible themes:

- a titan like creature that moves every 5,000 kills or so. (theme: giant | ranked by amount of kills)

- a potion making event (theme: valentine, witches | ranked by amount of potions made)

- a community group attack (like guild groups, but bigger) against verry powerfull creatures (theme: dragons | ranked by amount of groups joined multiplied by factor depending on won or lost battle)

- find items (theme: easter bunny lost his chocolat eggs | ranked by amount of eggs found)

#67 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:16

We are doing fine. Less talking, more killing!

Not if you do the Math, no... well over half the alloted time has past for us to hit the Ruby Tier yet we have only made 45% of the kills required...

Just saying :P

#68 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:19

No one wants global events to be too easy, but I think lowering the total required kills for ruby tier should be a serious consideration HCS, unless everyone is waiting for the last day to get all their kills... I hope they are!  :P

#69 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:43

No one wants global events to be too easy, but I think lowering the total required kills for ruby tier should be a serious consideration HCS, unless everyone is waiting for the last day to get all their kills... I hope they are!  :P

i have 114k stam i will wait till tomorrow and decide if its worth me burning it i doubt it will be as frankly unless the ruby tier is within grasping there is no incentive to sit there for hours killing zombies

#70 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:47

i have 114k stam i will wait till tomorrow and decide if its worth me burning it i doubt it will be as frankly unless the ruby tier is within grasping there is no incentive to sit there for hours killing zombies

that may be part of the problem, too many players undecided whether to hunt or not.. if they just hunted and got on with it, we may look in a better position currently and it being possible to hit Ruby... too many not putting there best foot forward first of all. I will hunt for top 100 tomorrow regardless, would just be nice to see us hit the Ruby... Communtiy just needs to pull together and be positive I guess

#71 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:49

I am waiting to see where we are later tomorrow. If it looks like we can attain the ruby tier I will go for another 10 - 15K kills. If not... no sense wasting stam.

#72 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:53

Hmmm... Wait until we are close to the total before burning our stamina... or burn stamina so we are closer to the total, so others waiting until we are close to the total burn their stamina too  :D

#73 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:00

Not if you do the Math, no... well over half the alloted time has past for us to hit the Ruby Tier yet we have only made 45% of the kills required...

Just saying :P

So the calculated tier at this rate is crystal? Thats great!

that may be part of the problem, too many players undecided whether to hunt or not.. if they just hunted and got on with it, we may look in a better position currently and it being possible to hit Ruby... too many not putting there best foot forward first of all. I will hunt for top 100 tomorrow regardless, would just be nice to see us hit the Ruby... Communtiy just needs to pull together and be positive I guess

Maybe people are doing the kills depending on what tier they think we will get and might wait closer to the end so that they don't do more then necessary. Lets hope this is true and that we see big increase in kills the last day :P . Personaly I get the max necesary as soon as possible. 

The battle for top 100 is always fought on the last day  :blink: so that should be some extra kills

#74 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:43

The last time I watched a global event during the last hour, 50% of the top 100 were no longer top 100 by the time the hour was up.  So, I suspect we will be able to "move the needle" a bit tomorrow, but I doubt it will be anywhere near 17.5 million.

Still, Crystal is not such a bad chest if we can get there.  It's just not the uber awesome AM 500 potion that we all covet so much.

#75 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:47

i will still burn the required amount i just wont dump all my stam ..if we was close to the ruby tier then i would crack open a am 500 sit on the same spot and drop all my stam it would be worth it to replace the pots with like for like how ever lower tiers means using less powerful pots and moving around which will bore the crap out of me fast so will do whats needed and thats about it

#76 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:50

I want the KE525 potions, I';ve dumped almost 12k kills so far and will hunt what stam I have left tomorrow as well. There are plenty of incentives if you ask me.,

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#77 Doginal

Doginal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:13

I think i will burn my stamina for this. I have my 5k kills already but getting back close to max stam. Hopefully it will be enough for top 100 however with only 13k max stam i feel i dont have enough to compete with the big guys. 

Even with no self reward if i dont get top 100 I dont feel at a loss at burning the stamina. It helps the community and with ruby tier potions, it pretty much doubles the effectiveness of my next hunts so i end up gaining that back easily. Even if we only hit crystal i dont think i will "loose" the stamina.

Overall I think to help encourage more kills from the community the level min kills for each person should be raised for each level. I know people wont like it however I think it should be remembered that things don't come free. If the community should struggle to get ruby, should individuals not have to struggle a bit too? You can do the math and say yes with minimum stamina gain and only 500 max its already difficult to reach ruby but truthfully should somebody that low really need a ruby tier potion? the crystal and gold chest are very good particularly for starter accounts.

To help encourage to fight even for the gold/crystal qualification if we increased the required kills, maybe we could increase the potion reward slightly by either giving more of the lower level potions or less of the ruby potions.

Anyways, thats just my thought. Thanks for another good event cows :)

#78 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:19

I like your thinking Doginal.. yep... increase the individual requirements per tier.. would certainly help boost the total required... like it

#79 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:23

Maybe tie required kills to level, level 1-100 5k kills for ruby, 100-200 6k kills, 200-400 7k kills, 400-800 8k kills etc

#80 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:23

I see the possibility of a new personal achievement: overkill (killing a total of x more global creatures then the requirement for the ruby tier)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: