149 replies to this topic

#61 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:53

I want to reiterate my suggestion. Adding a zero on the end of the weakest mercs in the game for each of their stats can go a long way to adressing mercenaries. This is a scarcely used function of the game. Basically only SE hunters at high levels use them. Making them a viable and valuable resource for players questing can be a nice way to improve this game mechanic.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#62 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:29

I still intend on looking at the Mercs. At this point, the Champion types simply seem worthless. What about upgrading them all to be the same rough power level?

#63 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 November 2014 - 14:03

*dances happily*

Yes, big guy, that's a great start.  We need lots more like this Erik Something I found last night.   Level 800 and super stats :) 

And Gutie, us low level SE hunters use them too.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#64 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2014 - 14:51

I still intend on looking at the Mercs. At this point, the Champion types simply seem worthless. What about upgrading them all to be the same rough power level?

Yeah sent the "chimpion" ones back to boot camp and have them upgraded to more battle hardened mercenaries, after all I am sure they have battled through a fair few scraps in their time and are still standing tall.

#65 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 15:49

Yeah sent the "chimpion" ones back to boot camp and have them upgraded to more battle hardened mercenaries, after all I am sure they have battled through a fair few scraps in their time and are still standing tall.

I agree to both these responses 100 percent and hope that BigGrim will make all mercs more useful in the game and less gold sink for the guilds. I hope this helps those in small guilds just as well the big guilds. 

I was wondering BigGrim will the staff perhaps put another platform for seasonal mercs with special abilities to help out?

#66 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:37

Seasonal abilities? We'd need to make those first. And what would they be?

#67 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:42

Seasonal abilities? We'd need to make those first. And what would they be?

Shockwave renamed Snowball: chance that opponent will forfeit their next combat turn because they're frozen.  :lol:

#68 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:42

when there's one hired your character turns into a spooky character during h'ween :D

or it starts snowing during xmas

or flowers grow underneath your feet during spring :D

on the world map that is :D

might also give you some special enhancements like

spooky enhancement gives you a chance to empower you caster smasher with 1 damage

frostbite enhancement gives you a chance to freeze your opponent PvE only does not work against titans elites and super elites and has a double chance to activate on xmas related critters ? :D

Edited by crippla, 21 November 2014 - 16:48.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#69 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:57

Can we not all get horribly side tracked again, this was how nothing was ever progressed before!!! :unsure:

#70 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 16:57

when there's one hired your character turns into a spooky character during h'ween :D

or it starts snowing during xmas

or flowers grow underneath your feet during spring :D

on the world map that is :D

might also give you some special enhancements like

spooky enhancement gives you a chance to empower you caster smasher with 1 damage

frostbite enhancement gives you a chance to freeze your opponent PvE only does not work against titans elites and super elites and has a double chance to activate on xmas related critters ? :D

Did you forget that this thread is about the NPC mercenaries?  :huh:

#71 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 17:00

I was thinking on a merc that can float in and out with the four seasons spring, summer, winter, fall.  Each could have an elemental special addition to them that represents the seasons.  I think each could be put in at random times of the year as a bonus surprise grab bag deal.  ;)

Edited by bigchaos, 21 November 2014 - 17:01.

#72 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 17:03

Did you forget that this thread is about the NPC mercenaries?  :huh:

well since mercs add stats to groups might have something fun just to have non stop while one is hired another reason for people to hire one :D

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#73 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 17:10

Can we not all get horribly side tracked again, this was how nothing was ever progressed before!!! :unsure:

New enhancements is not something I'll be looking at for Mercs any time soon. But if I can get what I am working on now done in good time, I could easy see myself tweaking existing low power Mercs.

#74 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2014 - 17:41

New enhancements is not something I'll be looking at for Mercs any time soon. But if I can get what I am working on now done in good time, I could easy see myself tweaking existing low power Mercs.

All they need is a stat boost, I feel sorry for some of them, they mean to help but are in themselves unhelpful and some of their artwork is deserving of them being more useful. Frogling Brave is one I particularly like and naturally Davy the pirate, he should be the best of all :P

Edited by Davros81, 01 December 2014 - 12:47.

#75 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2014 - 17:53

All they need is a stat boost, I feel sorry for some of them, they mean to help but are in themselves unhelpful and some of their artwork is deserving of them being more useless. Frogling Brave is one I particularly like and naturally Davy the pirate, he should be the best of all :P

I agree with you 100 percent. One of the reason why I suggested some seasonal mercs.  :P

#76 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:39

I still believe a two tiered system with two taverns is the answer. One tavern for the high end mercs, which costs more for each search and a second tavern that has the lower end mercs in it which costs less for each search. Kind of like the scavenging caves, maybe make it two structures or an upgrade to the original structure?

Not so much two tiers as the high end is always shifting but your idea definitely has merit. How about tiers of 500 levels? Obviously we'll have to upgrade some existing Mercs and create loooooooooooooads more but I figure that is easy enough.

Maybe some of the many, many low level mercs could go on a training regimen, even the spread a bit. The four mercs in the 501-900 range could use the company, I think.

That's certainly an option, sure!

Final idea would be for a select number of mercs to be thought up by players as a reward on a global event or something...?

That definitely works for me!

Yes, big guy, that's a great start.  We need lots more like this Erik Something I found last night.   Level 800 and super stats  :)

Erik of the Frozen Wastes? He's a level 800 Elite class Merc. Are Elite ones still worth using? Should I just Upgrade the Champion level ones? Move some of the vast number at lower levels up into the higher ones?

As it stands, Champion class are worthless. Are the Elite ones still good? Super Elite class are all staff.

Champions could be upgraded to Elite level and the larger number on low levels spread out a bit along with new Mercs to help.

Tavern could be tiered in 500 level increments? That would stop High and Low levels shifting as the game continues to grow.

Opinions?

#77 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:50

The tiered idea works for me, 500 levels each tier seems sensible. However what I would suggest is just upgrading every merc that is level 300 or below, regardless of whether they are champion, elite or Super Elite, maybe just add a multiply their stats by a factor of 10 and the same with their level? Just a thought

#78 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 14:18

good idea for increasing stats of mercs

this helps smaller guilds and lower players when they need high stats in group :) :) :)

#79 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 17:26

another option, if it hasn't been mentioned already

3/3 max mercs in guild upgrades page

#80 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 17:32

Duckie's right.  I can't kill the "abominations" with only 3 mercs in the dead of night when I have the guild all to myself.  Maybe 5/5 would be better.  

As for the elites,  Big Guy, yeah, they're golden.  A few of the Champs in the higher levels are fine, as well.  And I like the idea of a "tiered Tavern", to allow me to choose how much power I really need at the time, and so as to save a little $$$ for small jobs.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: