Photo

'BLOOD' a possible idea for Grims intended removal of xp loss from pvp.

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#61 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:19

Reddie, virtual attack ranges stay the same.  It's the PvP levels that change things At least that's what I understand...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#62 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:22

Reddie, virtual attack ranges stay the same.  It's the PvP levels that change things At least that's what I understand...

If thats the case, then good.

Must be my lack of skillz in the english language that had me worried ;)

Thanks.

eFqM9lD.gif

#63 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:22

I think the 'attack anyone' once you reach pvp level 100 wouldn't work.

Perhaps an extension of the ranges instead?

I know regardless of what tricks a level 100 could pull off he would get unholy amounts of spankage from a pvp noob like me in 2200 gear thrown together...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#64 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:24

So after past PvP level 100.... Lets say I am at regular xp level 50, and at pvp level 100 and the other fella is at regular level 2000 and PvP level 100, this said level 2000 (with their level 2000 gear) can farm me the level 50 in my level 50 gear?
That doesnt seem very fair. Or did I miss something?

Or would the participants still need to be within their regular xp attack range?

Yes, though sounds like a good reason to place a bounty in the new system. In the other situation wouldn't you feel pretty good if your a level 50 player and can figure out how to beat a level 2000 guy?

#65 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:24

stuff...

I know regardless of what tricks a level 100 could pull off he would get unholy amounts of spankage from a pvp noob like me in 2200 gear thrown together...

You just gotta love the visual that I'm getting here... :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#66 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:26

Where do gold hits, which are a huge gold sink, fall into this? No xp loss but how do you punish someone for stealing your gold, especially if you remove the bounty board? If all you are going to do is remove my pvp rating in some fashion then settle in because your gold will be mine. You won't even be able to level out of my range because I won't be losing xp. Still sound fun? Remove gold hits and you may as well remove the marketplace, just have a standard exchange rate in the upgrades. Oh, I will also want a refund for all the bank deposits I have purchased since they will no longer be needed if gold can't be stolen.

Screenshot everything!

#67 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:29

Yes, though sounds like a good reason to place a bounty in the new system. In the other situation wouldn't you feel pretty good if your a level 50 player and can figure out how to beat a level 2000 guy?

I would feel pretty good. Could take me maybe a 1000 tries to get 1 win, while the level 2000 fella can farm me easily with no real effort the remainig 999 hits.

What great odds.

Wont work. Just increases the abuse of the system, nothing more.

eFqM9lD.gif

#68 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:29

You can't say for sure Yote. You may well find yourself valuing your pvpxp more than you think you will...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#69 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:51

just make a new enhancement per 100 pvp levels so you gain 1 % of it per pvp level

for example spectacular blow chance to get an additional prestige point or chance to get an additional 1% exp from killing a critter

stuff like that get's people to pvp because it would be sexy to have :P

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#70 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:52

I would feel pretty good. Could take me maybe a 1000 tries to get 1 win, while the level 2000 fella can farm me easily with no real effort the remainig 999 hits.

What great odds.

Wont work. Just increases the abuse of the system, nothing more.

I do see your point, a bounty placed should discourage the farming, but might not...

What if after level 100 pvpxp your range is increased proportionate to you level?
Or becomes 50-300, 301-600, 601-1000, 1001-1500, 1501-2000 and 2001-2500?

#71 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:53

you can't punish players for not playing a certain part of the game

you can however reward them

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#72 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:55

Not sure, lol, can we have a leveller telling us plz ? I know elite hunter, and nothing else lol, what are the hunting enhancements, levellers help needes here

Elite hunter, Glory Seeker, Holy << There are a few I see in my enhancements. Pretty sure there are a bit more than increase damage against certain types of creatures, but those (besides Elite Hunter) made more of a difference back in the day... Not so much now

Edited by Corrupted, 23 September 2014 - 17:57.

#73 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:58

I do see your point, a bounty placed should discourage the farming, but might not...

What if after level 100 pvpxp your range is increased proportionate to you level?
Or becomes 50-300, 301-600, 601-1000, 1001-1500, 1501-2000 and 2001-2500?

That seems better leo, but even then the first few ranges need to be smaller.

The gear differences down there make much more difference than they do up here.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#74 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 23 September 2014 - 18:04

I must say, I am completely against "negative PvP XP", too. Just like you can't really go below XP Lvl 1, you shouldn't go below Level 1 on PvP level. Instead, the higher your level, you get less from a player with a PvP Level of 1, making the gains minimal (but existant) to the point where it is not as attractive, but still rewarding.

#75 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 18:08

That seems better leo, but even then the first few ranges need to be smaller.
The gear differences down there make much more difference than they do up here.

Normally I would agree that the lower levels need to be condensed, but since you have to get to level 100 first you should be able to also get to a decent normal level by then. Otherwise it probably means you stayed in the lowest range to pick on the newer players... and with the wider ranges eventually it means you should either level up and stop picking on the less experience or be exposed yourself to better competition.

#76 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2014 - 18:26

Normally I would agree that the lower levels need to be condensed, but since you have to get to level 100 first you should be able to also get to a decent normal level by then. Otherwise it probably means you stayed in the lowest range to pick on the newer players... and with the wider ranges eventually it means you should either level up and stop picking on the less experience or be exposed yourself to better competition.

Yeah I understand and agree to a certain degree leo.

Still the game has to be possible for people to play at all level ranges. lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#77 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 18:28

Yeah, PvP Protection would be removed.

Why?? make it so to protect gold only.

This way gold thiefs could still try stealing gold from non pvpers but they wouldn't get any pvpxp. Can we have an different gearslot for pvp too? When you go into pvp mode you will see what PVPGear the player is wearing.. Basically you would have got two games in one.

#78 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 20:09

Why?? make it so to protect gold only.

This way gold thiefs could still try stealing gold from non pvpers but they wouldn't get any pvpxp. Can we have an different gearslot for pvp too? When you go into pvp mode you will see what PVPGear the player is wearing.. Basically you would have got two games in one.

Nah dude... stealing gold is great part of this game no need to protect it, if you want to save your gold save it by using good pvp setup and buffs or try not to hold lots of gold.

Its easy to do

#79 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 20:59

With as much negative feedback there is about removing xp loss on the other thread, I think (and hope) it doesn't go ahead. If it did, this could be an interesting alternative. At the same time, I can see some issues..

Firstly, it's an instant opt-out button for those levelers who never pvp (or would they still be attackable regardless of having no PVPXP?)

It would attract massive point farming by those people who only attack their friends or pay their victims (Much like we had with the smasher medal)

Not to mention the crying that will surely ensue from players being forced to PvP in order to gain the rewards. <~ And that is what seems to be Grim's biggest issue, and why he's thinking of making such a drastic change. Fact is; someone is going to complain no matter what they do. & I remember a time when the cows were more interested in making pvpers and levelers co-exist happily, rather than finding more ways to separate them.

As I'm firmly against removing the xp loss from pvp, I feel there has to be a less drastic way of dealing with the bullying issues, or just leave everything as is and continue to deal with instances of bullying on a case-by-case basis.

If I want better leveling buffs I am forced to level... if a leveler wants the PvP buffs or sets from PvP side, they must buy them from those that PvP or PvP themselves.  Sounds just like the leveling side... i see no issue

#80 Raikage

Raikage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 00:40

I think the xp loss needs to go. No matter how you change the system, most of the players will still not PvP because their exp is precious to them. There just aren't that many active players in the game who'd take the risk of losing levels which they've worked hard for. It's led to just 1-2 players in so many bands earning PvP tokens without doing anything and a Bounty Board which is empty most of the time. Take away the xp loss and you'd see a lot of PvPing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: