Skill tree needs a fix

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like the skill tree removed so that you could use the extra skill points? (144 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the skill tree removed so that you could use the extra skill points?

1. Yes - I need every skill point I can lay my hands on (215 votes [83.98%])

Percentage of vote: 83.98%

2. No - I would like to see the skill tree extended into the higher level skills as well (30 votes [11.72%])

Percentage of vote: 11.72%

3. Meh - I could care less (11 votes [4.30%])

Percentage of vote: 4.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 14:30

So the best solutions for me would be to release the cap of 150 points maximum per skills so that you can choose between having very strong skills or just having most of the skills.

I am not sure to be very clear but you should get my point !

The cap is needed. At high levels, many skills become ridiculous. For example, if you get Animal Magnetism to 500, you have a 100% chance of creatures respawning on your square, and you'd never need to walk around a realm to level up.

#62 fs_greybeard

fs_greybeard
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2008 - 16:29

Yes, please. Especially since both rage and absorb are absolutely useless.

And why not add another good suggestion in a slightly tweaked form. What about linking some similar skill, not as a requirement, but as a bonus. Say grouping the XP skills, the gold skills, the dmg skills, etc, so that 1 skill in a group gives no bonus, 2 gives 10% extra effect (E.g. 22% on a lvl 100 berserk, instead of 20%), 3 gives 20% bonus to the group, etc.

It could also be done by raising the limit on points to each skill in the group. So that for each skill in a group you have beyond 1, you can put an additional 5 points in each skill in that group.

#63 fs_poopoo99

fs_poopoo99
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2008 - 16:30

Do you mean increasing the number you can add per 50 levels, or the absolute limit- because, unless I am very much mistaken, noone in the game has 150 in a skill yet :D
and bump de bumpity ;D we NEEEED it :D ( well, want it :D)(although I would prefer a skills reset as well) :P

#64 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 17:55

I'm open to this - what does everyone else think?

the masses have spoken any chance of a fix hoof or are you going to do this at next skill reset when new skills come into play

#65 spidey101

spidey101

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:51

yes please, I would have certain skills if I didnt need to waste points in order to get them. Like DC, I dont have that because in order to get it I need to waste points on rage and fury.

#66 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 00:07

I'd like those extra skill points allocated into skills I can use...

#67 Dark Archon

Dark Archon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 00:14

IF the pre-reqs get removed I'd LOVE to see passive skills with an hourly gold cost...

Ex...

Beserked Blade:
0.05% per point bonus to your weapons 'Damage' stat.

Holy Armor:
0.05% per point bonus to your armors 'Armor' and 'Defense' stats.

Master Duelist:
0.1% per point bonus to your 'First Strike' Enchancement.

Rest and Recover:
0.05% increase in stamina gained when offline.

Master Learner:
0.05% increase in experience gained per hour.

#68 Mistle

Mistle

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 00:59

Rest and Recover:
0.05% increase in stamina gained when offline.

Punishment for people who are online a lot? :roll:

#69 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 14:07

BUMP FOR THE IDEEA, HOFF, do something on this, please, we are beging you, at least i do ( and if is posible, a free reset skill wont mind :D )

#70 fs_sathius

fs_sathius
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 14:57

How about this alternate solutions - right now skill trees only mean special requirments. How about we get actual interactions - like in D2 1.10:

Example: you get 10% of all your points in fury and rage added as effect to beserker. so, if you have 150 points in rage and 150 in fury, you get an extra 30 points added to your Berserk.

Same for Holy flame and Enchant Weapon. And so on.

If you want people to build coherent skill trees, make it worth it.

This isn't bad... also you can make it so you have to spend 30 points in 1 level to go to the next... as well as that... you can make the skills better, so that people wouldn't consider it a waste... or even... add some PASSIVE SKILLS!!!

Passive skills in a tree would be great.

Such as: Greenskin Slayer.......Max 15 points to skill

This could be a perminant enhancement (Not effected by Fury Shrine) that could link together enhancements that are related.

If this was already suggested, sorry, didn't read the whole post.

#71 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 13:32

seriously guys, do we need to bump this every day? at least give us an answer : no, we wont change the three skill, go away.

#72 fs_phool

fs_phool
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 22:41

going up...

#73 AdamFury94

AdamFury94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 00:08

I dont think the skills should be linked.
None of the special skills are linked.
Only 4 Of the defencive skills are linked.
Rage is linked to 2 skills and I dont think it should be linked to bloodthirst atleast Enchant weapon shouldnt be linked to hf. As for fury beserk and dc Im not sure but linking skills it doesnt really help anyone I think it should be rid of!

#74 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 00:36

I'm open to this - what does everyone else think?

that implys hoof will do it if we the players say its better then it is we have and now we just have wait till the next leap year for an answer

#75 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 21:46

bump for a great ideea

#76 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 22:38

My appologies to Greenpeace. I vote on sending the skill tree to the local lumber-yard. 8)

Waiting with allocating skill points through sometimes even 50+ levels is enough penalty alone-no need for those extra lost skill-points here and there lol.:)

#77 fs_karoj

fs_karoj
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 23:54

Either make it a tree or break it--but don't leave it the way it is.

Most of me would like to see no tree, but the much talked about "rpg-gamer" gene that I carry would like to see one implemented.....

#78 fs_starfist

fs_starfist
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:34

i like this idea a lot chould use those extra 20 points

#79 fs_tawniteamo

fs_tawniteamo
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 17:47

yes please.

#80 fs_evillove

fs_evillove
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2008 - 22:09

Yep Yep. Not sure why I haven't seem to have posted on here.

Though we all get the idea, it's annoying to addpoints to skills we shan't use etc.

Perhaps making it into an actual tree would be better, as it looks a litle akward how it just brakes off, though I would rather prefer there to be no skills tree of course. Nya~ :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: