170 replies to this topic

#61 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:41

Sorry , but I really dislike these medals. Theres no reason to just pump out lame medals like this, 1 or 2 well thought out additions to medals are fine (or none even!).

Guild Treasurer : lame , just use bank depos for guild, this should be removed

Team Player: lame, make group, join group, disban group, repeat: a simple stamina consumption medal.

Guild Bolster: I dont see this as a cool medal at all. Maybe if it was only level 800+ buffs with 20+ stamina usage. But again, its just another stamina consumption medal that can be farmed.

Defender of the Realm Bronze  : There are already so many  relics in the game that any medal that relic based is going to be lame, if this was altered to a a way that would actually represent something that is medal worthy it would be completely unfair to smaller guilds.

Summary: Lame stamina consumption medals, and a bank depo user. Lets have a vote on removing these, so boring.

lol says he who sits at no1 richest player with ruby hoarder medal....

buy fsp, sell for gold

summary : lame cash consumption

#62 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:48

lead defender of the relic is not getting anything for the Defender of the Realm medal? is that a bug or what?

#63 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:49

Why aren't the main defenders of the relic getting credit boats has been not getting credit for defending the relic? For some reason i think the main defenders dont get credit.

Fixed - apologies about that!

#64 Callithrix

Callithrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:09

The banking medal should totally consider amount of gold deposited. People shouldn't get medals for making 1000 deposits of 1 gold each....

Besides that, thanks for those new medals. I loved them :]

Edited by Callithrix, 21 February 2014 - 20:10.

#65 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:18

Who really cares if a medal is "legit" or not, when it actually doesn't matter to anyone except the person him/herself how many or which medals he/she has? These medals don't cost anyone any xp (like smasher medal), noone has to stuff loads of gold into their bank (like hoarder medal), noone gains anything from getting the medals except the shiny in their bio, and that shiny doesn't make any difference to anyone else. I don't understand why people get so worked up about this. 

I'd love to hear why it matters to anyone what others do to get these medals, so please tell me?

og3DxyP.gif

#66 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:20

We thought of that, but then you could just take out the gold of the guild bank and deposit it again so I don't think it would make any difference.

I think people will always try to find ways to get medals easier, but since they don't give any reward I don't think its an issue really. If you don't like them - just ignore them. Think of them as personal achievements to work towards :)

+1 - Hoof

I think it's a wonderful system - of course their are always a few that wanna try and cheat to gain faster access to such things but in this matter it causes no harm I support all you've done here and continue to do so.

- Chazz

#67 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:24

The banking medal should totally consider amount of gold deposited. People shouldn't get medals for making 1000 deposits of 1 gold each....

Besides that, thanks for those new medals. I loved them :]

I disagree - doing such - would deprive low level players as they can't deposit as much - by this idea higher level players in game would gain medal value unfairly compared to lower tiered players -

Fact it was designed right the first time - this should be left as is along with the rest of the medals Hoof put out.

Again Nice job today Hoof and +1 to our dev team.

#68 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:26

Still no working for me, 5 defended attacks and 0% progress

Edited by dowuones, 21 February 2014 - 20:27.

#69 greenguru

greenguru

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:27

You can buff everyone doubler 26, then doubler 27, then doubler 28... if you have the stam to burn and a desperate desire for the medal.

Maybe it would be a good idea to give a medal for a certain amount of stamina used to buff guildmates instead of number of buffs? With something like ~20 stam for average buff, you would need 2,000 stam spent buffing guildmates to get bronze (=100 buffs) and so on.

Just a thought. Not sure it would make much difference anyway.

#70 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:28

And they shouldn't get medal for defending a pillow attack on a relic, or for joining pillow attacks on a relic (2 for 1 - both sides benefit!), or for casting QF 26-175 and doubler 26-175 on everyone in their guild. If you want to be picky.

It is done. If people choose to do things, and have FUN doing them - what is the harm? It is a game!! As Mzz said - nobody is losing gold or XP in any of this, unless a relic gets accidentally taken and it is a stam/gold gain relic and it is just before a gain tick for someone... LOL!

I understand the confusion that these might be more like guild achievements, rather than individual achievements done within the guild apparatus.

I'd still really like a sitting on a guild relic medal. No abuse there.... people would just have to wait... which is less satisfying than all this instant gratification going on out there! LOL!

Also I really don't want any game mechanics messed with to deal with 'abuses' for these new medals. Change the medal criteria if you must.

Of course so much action has happened already in the short period of time since they were introduced that any changes would be met with howls of "But I just did X! No fair! Gimme a ton of reserve stam!"

Changing medal criteria is not popular.

5 years in my guild I joined 660 groups. Almost 14K guild buffs cast with no fillers. God knows how many deposits, millions/billions of gold anyway. Relic defences? Probably not that many, judging by how happy I've been when we've managed it - maybe 20-50 max. I know why that counts for nothing, but it can contribute to people wanting to accelerate their medal gains now to reflect what they perceive 'should' be theirs already. I'm just going to put up with bronze medals for quite a while.... is what it is.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#71 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:32

Thanks for the Fix, Hoof.

However, can you please credit me for the 2 Relic Defences I appear to have missed out on for being Lead Defender? My fellow guildies have confirmed that they are now @ 40% progress to their Bronze medals yet I am languishing at 0%  :(

Edited by DirtyChick, 21 February 2014 - 20:34.

#72 Callithrix

Callithrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:41

I disagree - doing such - would deprive low level players as they can't deposit as much - by this idea higher level players in game would gain medal value unfairly compared to lower tiered players -

Fact it was designed right the first time - this should be left as is along with the rest of the medals Hoof put out.

Again Nice job today Hoof and +1 to our dev team.

Eventhough there would still be ways to 'cheat' on it, like Hoof said, I still think that small tweak would be good.

I personally don't agree with people saying that something wouldn't be fair cause high level players would get it easier/faster than low level players, because:

1st: As a general rule, everything is easier to get when you are at higher levels. You have open access to more areas, you can kill a wider range of creatures, can buff yourself up with the best for free... plus, normally, you'll have being playing for longer periods of time and also have bigger stam banks.

2nd: This is fine. People that have being playing for more time and at higher levels have worked hard to get their personal achievements. Someone who started playing a week ago should not be able to achieve the same kind of goals as someone who has being building up a character for years. Imo.

But that is not the point of this discussion, right? hehe

Just would like to say that I agree with you, Chazz, that this last addition is fine as it is. But I think it could use a little tweak.

Thanks again, cows

#73 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 20:57

We thought of that, but then you could just take out the gold of the guild bank and deposit it again so I don't think it would make any difference.

I think people will always try to find ways to get medals easier, but since they don't give any reward I don't think its an issue really. If you don't like them - just ignore them. Think of them as personal achievements to work towards :)

That was pretty good planning on it actually, if there was a reward it would matter. As it is people can throw stam as mentioned above on doubler 26, 27, etc. Scheme with someone to try naked takes and pad both the defend and group medals,, withdraw then depo in a train. Its no different than paying for a SE or chest or 1 hit bountys or any other way people use to get a easy medal. 

Im still hoping that no GvG medal means that one is still in planning and WILL go back and count :D yes please

#74 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 21:32

Thanks for medals :) , However No Skill Required medals so isn't that special ... there's much more important stuff needed for game but sadly the votes on road map went for useless stuff or stuff won't help the game to get much better, Not even worth to spend lots of time trying to fix these medals.

That's my opinion

Edited by shindrak, 21 February 2014 - 21:33.

#75 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 21:45

Thanks for medals :) , However No Skill Required medals so isn't that special ...

Most medals require no skill tho (note I said MOST - some do)

Loyalty based medals - no skill
Adventurer medals - no skill just the willingness to do the quests

Annual Service - no skill

Chest Medal - no skill, just luck or a BIG bank / allegiance token balance

etc etc etc

They're just a nice extra bit of "bling" for those that like the bling...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#76 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 21:55

Cheers for the medals HCS. Haven't heard anything I haven't heard before, in here, regarding new/old medals. So look forward in trying to obtain these new ones.

Cheers.

wil72

#77 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 21:59

Cheers for the medals HCS. Haven't heard anything I haven't heard before, in here, regarding new/old medals. So look forward in trying to obtain these new ones.

Cheers.

wil72

I agree and the medals are just fun extras. :)

#78 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 22:54

Cheers.

wil72

+1 Cheers!

Edited by Rasputin, 21 February 2014 - 22:55.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#79 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 22:54

Speaking of new medals, a guildie randomly came out with the idea of:

A Devotion medal. He said had prayed every day to the same god for 6 years, and wanted a medal to show his devotion! (As Gurgriss never gave him squat and he had been true to the guy all this time, LOL!!)

I think that is a great idea! Devotion medals!! (yeah Shindrak, not very skill based either....)

So kudos to Ragnock for that idea. Why not??

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#80 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 23:16

Most medals require no skill tho (note I said MOST - some do)

Loyalty based medals - no skill
Adventurer medals - no skill just the willingness to do the quests

Annual Service - no skill

Chest Medal - no skill, just luck or a BIG bank / allegiance token balance

etc etc etc

They're just a nice extra bit of "bling" for those that like the bling...

I know and that won't improve the game that much like other updates listed in roadmap on very late date

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: