103 replies to this topic

#61 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 20:25

Are any skills coming out for lower levels or are current ones just being re-vamped a little?

#62 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 20:27

ok my thoughts....

"Armor boost"-not a bad idea....will be interesting to see how crazy the armor sets higher up get. (ive already seen 50k+ armor before sanct/entrench/etc)

:shock: No one got more than 30k armor with very tiny other stats ... unless you saw someone using some bugged item lol

#63 uscx

uscx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 20:33

I've had 70k armor before :wink:

I'd like to use this message to thank the cows for hard work and also to encourage you higher level folks to make the new buffs affordable to lower level players to increase game moral and patronage.

#64 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 20:34

no offense... but I think this is a farce...

HSC said (or rather Hoofmaster), that there would be new low lvl buffs posted (as well as high lvl)...

this has not happened... and I think this is neglect of us lower lvl players...

What happened? did some members of a couple of high lvl player guilds threaten to quit if they didn't get their way again? (this threat has directly changed the game several times... and it sucks)

Just so that they could have only high lvl buffs so they could extort us lower lvls even more... yet again????

because it sure looks like it... it has been long known that the cows bow down whenever the top lvl player guilds command it... it is directly why so many lower lvl players quit!!

FS only favors the high lvl whinging guilds/players (yes, I can name several if needed... players too...)

Which of these buffs are fantastic enough that you can't live without them? Epic craft will probably be worth 2-3% boost in stats, depending on particular items and their crafting bonus. There's a few more pvp buffs to up the randomness factor of pvp.

If they were doing EOC'ers bidding, there would be more compelling buffs; like the long-forgotten map related buffs, like teleport and heat scan.

#65 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 20:39

I'd like to use this message to thank the cows for hard work and also to encourage you higher level folks to make the new buffs affordable to lower level players to increase game moral and patronage.

no offense intended... but saying to make these new buffs affordable to lower lvl players is BS... they will, as with all high lvl buffs, be charged at a price that is way too expensive... almost all high lvl players charge too much for the buffs they have already (the cheaper selling ones are almost never online) ~ these will only cost more :/

There should be a gold cap on selling all buffs...

#66 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 20:54

no offense... but I think this is a farce...

HSC said (or rather Hoofmaster), that there would be new low lvl buffs posted (as well as high lvl)...

this has not happened... and I think this is neglect of us lower lvl players...

What happened? did some members of a couple of high lvl player guilds threaten to quit if they didn't get their way again? (this threat has directly changed the game several times... and it sucks)

Just so that they could have only high lvl buffs so they could extort us lower lvls even more... yet again????

because it sure looks like it... it has been long known that the cows bow down whenever the top lvl player guilds command it... it is directly why so many lower lvl players quit!!

FS only favors the high lvl whinging guilds/players (yes, I can name several if needed... players too...)

Which of these buffs are fantastic enough that you can't live without them? Epic craft will probably be worth 2-3% boost in stats, depending on particular items and their crafting bonus. There's a few more pvp buffs to up the randomness factor of pvp.

If they were doing EOC'ers bidding, there would be more compelling buffs; like the long-forgotten map related buffs, like teleport and heat scan.

I like how you choose to use only a partial quote!?!

Could they be lived without? yes, as all buffs could be lived without... my point is that the lower lvl players are being neglected!

My point is that there are a couple of useful buffs here to lower lvl player, and they will be abused by the higher lvl players!

My point is that how can anyone say accurately whether these buffs could be good or not, when the cows talk only of the high lvl things (even though it was stated low lvl buffs and potions would also be listed at this time)

My point is that this game, through the winging of certain high lvl guilds and players, is totally neglecting the lower lvl ones that also play this game...

that is my point ^^

#67 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:30

Heavy Weight
Increases damage in combat by +0.025% per point providing you have at least 5,000 gold multiplied by your level in hand.

i doubt if anyone above lvl 1000 will even think about using this...
especially with the absence of Gold protection.

Gold Foot
0.05% per point chance to consume 5,000 gold from your hand instead of 1 stamina while moving.

i think it needs tweeking, way less gold perhaps so it will be used.

What do you think would be better values for the gold?

3000 seems good, that will make it:

level - money
100 - 300k
500 - 1,5M
1000 - 3M
1500 - 4,5M

It makes it also more usefull for people, cause most wanna collect the money during the hunt and continue with the bonus instead of taking it of their bank or buying it.

#68 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:35

Next week, we are planning to add the level 1600+ skills to the game.

We've made some tweaks to some of them since we last posted on the forum, so we would appreciate your feedback on them before they are added to the game.

Offense

Posted Image
Heavy Weight
Increases damage in combat by +0.025% per point providing you have at least 5,000 gold multiplied by your level in hand.

Fix: Increases damage in combat by +0.075% per point providing you have at least 1,500 gold multiplied by your level in hand.

This equates to the bonus from relics at a cost of 1fsp every 100 levels

Posted Image
Allied Frenzy
Increases the level range that Assist works by +1 level per point.

dont care about assist so this buff is worthless to me tbh

Posted Image
Armored Strike
+0.05% per point chance that your Armor stat is reduced to zero and your Damage is doubled. (PvE Only)

FIX: +0.05% per point chance that your Armor stat is reduced to zero and your Damage is doubled. (this should be for everything pvp and pve)

Defense

Posted Image
Anchored
0.05% per point Damage is added to HP.

(would much rather have this be a castable entrench....meaning Damage to Armor)

Posted Image
Hardened
0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.

ehh nothing exciting tbh

Posted Image
Armor Boost
+0.02% per point to your Armor for each complete set equipped.

FIX: +0.05% per point to your Armor for each complete set equipped. this is the same percentage as Smashing Hammer and a good counter balance this way

Special

Posted Image
Guild Buffer
+0.25% per point chance to reduce stamina cost of casting buffs on guild members by 50% (rounding up).

good as is

Posted Image
Epic Craft
+0.5% per point increase to crafted stat bonuses.

Good as is

Posted Image
Gold Foot
0.05% per point chance to consume 5,000 gold from your hand instead of 1 stamina while moving.

at its current rate its pointless to use, even lower I doubt I would use it since its also going to cost stam to cast, but keeping that in mind 1,000 gold might get some use since you can make a maximum of 310 gold per stam before buffs

Please let us know your thoughts on the new skills :)

~ The Fallem Sword Team

Overall a little disappointed with the choices of buffs at 1600

I also agree if your adding an armor boosting buff at 1600 then add the defense boosting buff as well

#69 Bobbage

Bobbage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:39

Bilge.

#70 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:45

We'll be posting up the buffs that we're planning to add to the skill trees tomorrow for everyone to have a look at and discuss

That, to me, implied (as per previous buff discussion threads, that new buffs would be introduced lower down in the trees, necessitating a complete revamp of the skill trees. It seems I wasn't alone in that thought either from reading previous comments in this thread.

Next week, we are planning to add the level 1600+ skills to the game.

Offense

Posted Image
Heavy Weight

I REALLY don't think this necessary. Killing monsters (other than a few SE's and TITANS) is simplicity itself with the existing buffs, so adding another DAMAGE buff seems overkill to me, unless this is meant to be a "sweetener" for the PvP players ? - in that those who use it, will, by default, have to be carrying tempting amounts of gold. Also, I think the percentage increment in damage, for the risk involved, is very low. Not that I'd use it in the first place, but increasing the percentage (doubling to 0.05% perhaps) would certainly please the PvP'rs more (as some players would be more inclined to use it then)

Posted Image
Allied Frenzy

Rather than bring in another "help me" buff, just tweak ASSIST so that the level range is expanded on a "per point invested" scale, along with the percentage of activation.

Posted Image
Armored Strike
+0.05% per point chance that your Armor stat is reduced to zero and your Damage is doubled. (PvE Only)

Ambivalent - yes, it's another (chance) damage buff, but at least it's only 8.75% ...

Defense

Posted Image
Anchored

No thoughts either way, other than to echo that some players are already saying that Severe Condition and Ageless together are pretty potent.

Posted Image
Hardened

PvE ? - PvP ? - Both ?

Posted Image
Armor Boost

Initially 0.05% per point (so, a 4 set would give a 35% boost to armor) and now tweaked down to 0.02% (4 set giving 14% boost). Would prefer the former, obviously, but I'll take it :)

Special

Posted Image
Guild Buffer
+0.25% per point chance to reduce stamina cost of casting buffs on guild members by 50% (rounding up).

THIS ONE, out of ALL the buffs mentioned in this thread, should be slotted in MUCH lower in the skill tree. This should sit alongside BUFF MASTER in the skill tree, or maybe in the next branch up (Level 600's)

Posted Image
Epic Craft

Still not 100% sure exactly what this means....

Posted Image
Gold Foot

Well, it's cheaper than buying stamina I suppose :)

There are two main things missing from this thread tho ...

1. DURATION of these buffs

2. STAMINA COST of these buffs

Both of these are as important, imo, as the actual effects ...

#71 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:55

Offense

Posted Image
Heavy Weight
And about the % of the damage been increasing with the amount of gold in hand?
no one will withdraw money to start the hunt, but the damage will be growing in the middle of the hunt, with a limit, of course, something like:
0,5K motiplied for the lvl (800K on 1600)) = 0,5% damage bonus
0,1K mutiplied for the lvl (1.6m on 1600) = 1% damage bonus
5K mutiplied for the lvl (8M on 1600) = 5% damage bonus

Posted Image
Allied Frenzy
Fix assist and kick it out, really, no one will need that.

Posted Image
Armored Strike
Good enough, too high lvl, but can't complain about that one.

Defense

Posted Image
Anchored
I'm not sure about it, but i'll not use even for offline.

Posted Image
Hardened
Another 'anti buff', lvl800 will be good, but ok.

Posted Image
Armor Boost
Good one.

Special

Posted Image
Guild Buffer
Why lvl1600? Can be easily lvl600. Very good, but keep that lower in the skill tree.

Posted Image
Epic Craft
Ok, good.

Posted Image
Gold Foot
2.500 gold will be far, but i was waiting for something like:
'0,1% chance to use no stamina while moving on the world map, if the area have a titan active'

#72 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:56

Posted Image
Epic Craft

Its a bonus on the amount of point increase you get from crafting an item from "uncrafted to what ever you item is"

example: Item A uncrafted is 1000 atk and 1000 damage
Crafted perfect it is 1100 atk and 1100 damage

with the buff you would get an 87.5 boost to the stat difference from uncrafted to perfect.

so with the buff your item would essentially be 1187.5 attack and damage. so nothing 2 major in my opinion but still helpful

#73 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:56

Blah Blah

I suggest: all these new high lvl buffs can ONLY be sold via a secure trade for a capped amount ~ this would prevent their selfish abuse of these new buffs!!

SAY WHAT ?? - What happened to it being the players stamina, to do with as they see fit ? - No-One is forcing you to buy buffs from anyone.

Do new EOC level buffs command a premium price ? - normally, yes they do - but, I doubt that will happen this time given that there are already 151 players at or above L1600. My strong feeling is that they will sell for stamina cost.

NONE of these buffs are essential tho. Like anything else in the game, if you don't like the price, don't pay it - SIMPLE :)

#74 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 21:57

How did you make 70k armor ? tell us your secret please :) do you have bugged items? :lol:

and i have always seen that message about making buffs affordable by low level players..all buffs usually go for 1 fsp each... not sure how this not affordable for a player trying to use it for profit

Moaning in every "new buffs thread" coming out :lol: level up if you so need them for free << this is in general not targeting anyone

#75 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:01

Posted Image
Epic Craft

Its a bonus on the amount of point increase you get from crafting an item from "uncrafted to what ever you item is"

example: Item A uncrafted is 1000 atk and 1000 damage
Crafted perfect it is 1100 atk and 1100 damage

with the buff you would get an 87.5 boost to the stat difference from uncrafted to perfect.

so with the buff your item would essentially be 1187.5 attack and damage. so nothing 2 major in my opinion but still helpful

A better buff, IMO, would have been increasing the differentiation between unforged, and fully forged - 'cos, as we ALL know, the higher level you get, the less the benefit you get from it...

#76 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:10

70k raw stats in armor ( before entrench or sanct) would be impossible at ANY level even with an armor boosting buff. ;)

I'd like to add in, please leave the armored strike to PvE only. Defense is already overpowered with dispel curse, we don't need to give it DOUBLE damage in pvp. That would just give armor even more of a disadvantage.

To add further, tweak Armor Boost to 0.05% per point. 0.02% per point is far too low to deal with smashing hammer, piercing strike, crit hit, etc etc.

#77 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:11

Blah Blah

I suggest: all these new high lvl buffs can ONLY be sold via a secure trade for a capped amount ~ this would prevent their selfish abuse of these new buffs!!

SAY WHAT ?? - What happened to it being the players stamina, to do with as they see fit ? - No-One is forcing you to buy buffs from anyone.

Do new EOC level buffs command a premium price ? - normally, yes they do - but, I doubt that will happen this time given that there are already 151 players at or above L1600. My strong feeling is that they will sell for stamina cost.

NONE of these buffs are essential tho. Like anything else in the game, if you don't like the price, don't pay it - SIMPLE :)

and yet another high lvl player demonstrates the craving to take advantage of/abuse the lower lvl ones...

yes, there is the option to not pay... there could be a way to not allow high lvl players abuse the low lvl ones also :/

still the point is missed ~ the cows stated buffs and potions would be listed for low lvl as well as high lvl players would be listed...

this has not happened...

and the low lvls are being neglected and abused

You are forgetting that the high lvl players was once low lvl... you are forgetting that without new low lvl players, this game is fading... you are ignoring that it costs the same stam to cast low lvl buffs as it does most high lvl buffs, rendering your point totally redundant!!!

#78 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:24

Blah Blah

and yet another high lvl player demonstrates the craving to take advantage of/abuse the lower lvl ones...

yes, there is the option to not pay... there could be a way to not allow high lvl players abuse the low lvl ones also :/

still the point is missed ~ the cows stated buffs and potions would be listed for low lvl as well as high lvl players would be listed...

this has not happened...

and the low lvls are being neglected and abused

You are forgetting that the high lvl players was once low lvl... you are forgetting that without new low lvl players, this game is fading... you are ignoring that it costs the same stam to cast low lvl buffs as it does most high lvl buffs, rendering your point totally redundant!!!

1.Which bit of "these buffs are not essential" did you miss (or conveniently chose to ignore?) - no-one is compelling you to buy them and no-one should compel a vendor to cap their price if they chose to sell them.

2. Take advantage ?? - How so ? - My buff prices are listed in my Bio - and, for the most part, they are as close to stamina cost as I can make them without pricing in gold.

3. "still the point is missed ~ the cows stated buffs and potions would be listed for low lvl as well as high lvl players would be listed..." <- I agree with you there. The implication (I don't remember seeing it explicitly stated) was that buffs would be slotting into the tree at various levels.

4. I'm forgetting that high level players were once low level players ? - HAHA - not true at all. I remember paying stamina costs for some buffs when I was low level and that was when the buffs were, in some cases, essential. Nowadays, players seem to want every single buff under the sun, so their profile is illuminated like an Xmas Tree, and have little to no idea what the actual buffs do - they just see the "more is better".

5. What does the stamina cost of high level vs low level buffs have to do with anything ? - As I've said. my buff prices are based on stamina cost, regardless of if they fit into the skill tree at the lowest or highest level.

6. You've been a player for 3 yrs, I'm pretty sure you could be considerably higher level if you chose to be, and have access to some of the buffs that you're wanting capped in prices.

Anyways, I'm done "reasoning" with you - your "and the low lvls are being neglected and abused" comment is just invoking the "cry me a river" feeling in me ..

#79 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:39

i was hoping to see the skill tree filled in a little more where we only have one skill i would like to see two and oo ya thank you for the new skills not every one will like them some of them are junk but that is the way it goes

#80 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 23:07

A better buff, IMO, would have been increasing the differentiation between unforged, and fully forged - 'cos, as we ALL know, the higher level you get, the less the benefit you get from it...

That is exactly what the current buff Epic Forge does ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: