79 replies to this topic

#61 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:46

I think it's hilarious players want it tougher for others now that there's been a "fix" saying we had to go through tougher stam usage. Sounds selfish. Why isn't the same argument used for all new gear from level 1 onwards? Worry about yourselves and not what we had to do in the past! The past is over. I was against any adjustment btw. Hoof's caved into the complaints. I miss when he put his hoof down more often. The game still needs donators...

Exactly Luis
Either this update did not need to happen or it needs to be applied to all players in the game , no one forced players at eoc to be there yet they whine cry whinge moan groan whenever something does not go their way.

#62 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:01

The set bonus for Dorken doesn't look correct at all (Radneto and I worked on the new formula).

I'll tinker with those shortly.

*EDIT* Done. How do they look to you guys now?

Keep the comments civil please. We have said it is from this point on. That's how it will be.

#63 fs_ogrvity

fs_ogrvity
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:00

I think it's hilarious players want it tougher for others now that there's been a "fix" saying we had to go through tougher stam usage. Sounds selfish. Why isn't the same argument used for all new gear from level 1 onwards? Worry about yourselves and not what we had to do in the past! The past is over. I was against any adjustment btw. Hoof's caved into the complaints. I miss when he put his hoof down more often. The game still needs donators...

Exactly Luis
Either this update did not need to happen or it needs to be applied to all players in the game , no one forced players at eoc to be there yet they whine cry whinge moan groan whenever something does not go their way.

Why does everyone always say that no one forced us to be at EOC? It's not really a choice for most of us, we just leveled with our stam and ended up here. I only bought stam once and that was back in July of 2010 to be #1 for a day because I was close. And at least for myself I am not crying, whining, moaning, or groaning about anything, just stating the fact the it is much easier for everyone else now to go thru those levels than it was originally for us. HCS stated that it was not going to be for previous content releases so why would we complain?

*Edit* - And my thoughts are not greed driven. I can't remember the last time I sold a single buff, but I have buffed friends and mates to help them out along the way.

#64 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:13

there really is no point responding after grims post. as the discussion is effectively killed by it.

#65 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:15

you have become hardened in ur old age luiss i remember long ago another player who moaned over the stam per lvl usage but for a different reason he complained that it shouldn't be easier to buy a level then to level through it he complained that much and threatened to use the billions in gold to shoot way past content to show how wrong that was and rightfully so it shouldnt be eaiser to buy levels then to actually go through them but the xp per level for most was getting to that point and thats why most complained on it ..ppl still complain over xind as it slows you down but we all had to pass it ppl will complain about the stam per level from 1000k - 1200k but again eventually we will all go through it now its a bit easier they say but again we will all go through that too.. the point is now they changed the formula so it doesnt grow but is % based doesnt mean the old way was wrong they just made it harder and if you want something you grit ur teeth and deal whats in front of you

Exactly Luis

and you got ur wish it has been applied to every player in the game you just havent reached it yet like i havent

#66 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:22

If it's broken it should be fixed. We've all played through a lot of other broken bits of the game, fixing the problems is all the compensation anyone should need.

#67 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:50

Noticed a slight increase to the set bonuses this morning. Still seem kinda low, but getting better. If the plan was to make the sets desirable? Increasing the current numbers by a factor of 1.5-2 would be perfect :)

#68 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 30 September 2011 - 15:10

Posted Image
Yegbots Tower Shield has an annoying white line on the left had side of it.

#69 Sustortias

Sustortias

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 17:29

It's great in many ways that you listen to the players. Not many game developers out there for other games would give a flying fig!

I think over the years you've attuned to WHOM to listen to as well a lot better.

Is nice when you come out and surprise us with spontaneous idea's of your own too!

Lawdy knows, peeps will soon tell ya if they sukks! xD

Good job cows, keep it ups=)

Ignition_Honda_410x200_zps03cc040c.png

#70 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 19:31

you have become hardened in ur old age luiss i remember long ago another player who moaned over the stam per lvl usage but for a different reason he complained that it shouldn't be easier to buy a level then to level through it he complained that much and threatened to use the billions in gold to shoot way past content to show how wrong that was and rightfully so it shouldnt be eaiser to buy levels then to actually go through them but the xp per level for most was getting to that point and thats why most complained on it ..ppl still complain over xind as it slows you down but we all had to pass it ppl will complain about the stam per level from 1000k - 1200k but again eventually we will all go through it now its a bit easier they say but again we will all go through that too.. the point is now they changed the formula so it doesnt grow but is % based doesnt mean the old way was wrong they just made it harder and if you want something you grit ur teeth and deal whats in front of you

Hades, you might be right about the old age thing but if you remember correctly back then my argument to buy levels had nothing to do with stam usage! It was about buying levels past EOC using the +1% towards the next level upgrade. Players weren't playing(even buying stam) to the #1 xp spot, they were simply spending 200 dots/level. At the time a few of us had been arguing with the devs this should be changed. One day before it was capped I had told TT(he was termed) I was going to buy 80 or so levels to monopolize the #1 xp spot and the buff market. Magically, the upgrade was changed(within 24 hours) in our favor and the devs need not worry about losing a source of revenue because players still buy stam, if not more, to be #1 xp and the players actually get to play to that achievement. It was/is a win-win! It had nothing to do with the current stam usage issue and is, what I feel, one of my greatest contributions to the game, a leveling contribution no less! Thanks for bringing it up even though incorrectly. :)

All keep saying it, I don't think any XP change was needed. My last burn between 1115 and 1143 was using 55K stam to go roughly 28 levels. Yes I was using uber pots, AL, Conserve, Sacrifice AND a 9% Prestige. Not everyone can "afford" the pots was the biggest complaint I've read. Most players are too lazy to EARN the Prestige. Too bad!! The game will always need donators...

Besides, as RJEM alluded to, it's boring killing the same number of mobs each level. At least they threw a new challenge with mob stats so that we don't wear the same gear for hundreds of levels. I'll hope it's not an anomaly.

The devs think they are helping the game by making it easier to level but they made donations less likely at the same time. Fine, it's their call. Good luck to them.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#71 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:00

I am pounding on Father Valach (Elite) and for once, it is made to be a little of a challenge - which I like :)

Am curious why it drops non-set items ?

First it dropped Shield of Tarqual - which is a set with Armor of Tarqual, but it also drops Boots of Tarqual (unrelated to any sets)?

A boots n shield armor based set would be picture perfect, but ... something is wrong me thinks?

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#72 fs_azumia

fs_azumia
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:46

heey i azumia i would like to be a admin for fallen sword i really love this game and like it to get more people playing this ot at least be in ur guild regards azumia :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#73 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:39

heey i azumia i would like to be a admin for fallen sword i really love this game and like it to get more people playing this ot at least be in ur guild regards azumia :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

lmao :shock: :shock:

#74 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 15:18

The set bonus for Dorken doesn't look correct at all (Radneto and I worked on the new formula).

I'll tinker with those shortly.

*EDIT* Done. How do they look to you guys now?

Keep the comments civil please. We have said it is from this point on. That's how it will be.

Since you guys are back from the weekend now, can you possibly adjust them a little more, while the set bonuses are slight better for elite sets they are still very small for champion sets.

I would suggest making the champ set bonuses what the elite currently are, and then increasing the elite set bonus to a more appropriate rate. As honestly Elite Sets require the 2nd most effort to get behind Super elite sets (they are much more work then Legendary, just there all the time) I really appreciate the attention that this finally got, just want to help to get it to the best it can be :)

#75 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 October 2011 - 15:08

A boots n shield armor based set would be picture perfect, but ... something is wrong me thinks?

Oops. Fixed. Dunno why that was not part of the set.

Yegbots shield is fixed.

I would suggest making the champ set bonuses what the elite currently are, and then increasing the elite set bonus to a more appropriate rate. As honestly Elite Sets require the 2nd most effort to get behind Super elite sets (they are much more work then Legendary, just there all the time) I really appreciate the attention that this finally got, just want to help to get it to the best it can be :)

We'll consider it. :D

#76 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 18:25

I liked the set better the way it was :P but Thx for fixing the boots.

I know you guys are still deciding on the final formula for the sets, but any idea on when the other sets will start to be altered as well?

#77 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:36

I would have preferred a pure boots n shield set with arm/att stats.. that is seriously missing in game - but yeah, thnx for fixing none the less :)

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#78 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:56

According to the FSGuide the quest Strong Ju Ju starts with a minimum requirement of level 1229 and later drops to 1130. It's probably a little typo in the code or something as it should be 1230 instead.

It doesn't really affect the game, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless. :wink:

#79 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:23

According to the FSGuide the quest Strong Ju Ju starts with a minimum requirement of level 1229 and later drops to 1130. It's probably a little typo in the code or something as it should be 1230 instead.

It doesn't really affect the game, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless. :wink:

Must be a typo in the guide as it was 1230 when I did it.

#80 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:10

Must be a typo in the guide as it was 1230 when I did it.

Thanks for pointing that error out for us, I have fixed it now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: