145 replies to this topic

#61 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:12

We're going to look at making improvements to titan hunting next week :)

Good to hear :)

By the way, less than two weeks for wickermans event... Please, don't release that titan without these improvements :)

#62 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 14:12

Good to hear :)

By the way, less than two weeks for wickermans event... Please, don't release that titan without these improvements :)

Yes, please make improvements. I (as well as many others) cannot even hunt with the new map. It still uses 100% of my CPU. It would be an unfair advantage to limit titan hunting to just the new map because people with older computers or aren't tech savvy enough to tweak their computers, wouldn't even be able to participate.

Go ahead and make the improvements, but fix the map first!

#63 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 14:55

I (as well as many others) cannot even hunt with the new map. It still uses 100% of my CPU. It would be an unfair advantage to limit titan hunting to just the new map because people with older computers or aren't tech savvy enough to tweak their computers, wouldn't even be able to participate.

the high CPU power needed for the new map is a little rough. but im running on a 6 year old machine with a single core processor and 2 gigs of some beautiful ddr lol and im able to titan hunt on the new map, better than the old map. my keystrokes sometimes don't register when titan hunting on the old map plus that auto reloading map is brutal so i just stick with the new map.

what sort of hardware are you using?

#64 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 15:16

I (as well as many others) cannot even hunt with the new map. It still uses 100% of my CPU. It would be an unfair advantage to limit titan hunting to just the new map because people with older computers or aren't tech savvy enough to tweak their computers, wouldn't even be able to participate.

the high CPU power needed for the new map is a little rough. but im running on a 6 year old machine with a single core processor and 2 gigs of some beautiful ddr lol and im able to titan hunt on the new map, better than the old map. my keystrokes sometimes don't register when titan hunting on the old map plus that auto reloading map is brutal so i just stick with the new map.

what sort of hardware are you using? and not to sound smug to those who aren't tech savvy but it might be time to learn some things especially if you wish to play computer games lol

I have AMD sempron 1.8 GHz processor, 2 GB ram and an ATI Radeon express 200 video card running win 7 (32 bit). I think its almost 10 years old.

Since the previous thread I have added a GB of ram and the video card and upgraded to win 7 and disabled the bells and whistles. Same result as before.

I know that these are not the best, but it is what I have. Remember, we are in a recession and not everyone can afford a new computer or upgrades to make theirs faster.

#65 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 15:45

what operating system did you have before windows 7?

#66 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 15:50

what operating system did you have before windows 7?

I had a fresh install of XP. No extras running in the background (still have it on another hdd). The way win 7 is set up is actually faster that XP was.

#67 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 17:11

Yes, please make improvements. I (as well as many others) cannot even hunt with the new map. It still uses 100% of my CPU. It would be an unfair advantage to limit titan hunting to just the new map because people with older computers or aren't tech savvy enough to tweak their computers, wouldn't even be able to participate.

Go ahead and make the improvements, but fix the map first!

I use a pretty old notebook too and I do pretty good on the new map. The bigger problem isn't the CPU usage....pheraps you could format your PC to make it faster?...the problem is a few players using the Classic Map to "teleport" between locations. I know some people who have top of line PCs and still couldn't compete with the Old Map guys
If after formating your PC still use 100% on the new map, you definetively need a better one

#68 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 17:32

So let me get this straight. I start playing a game because it runs pretty good on my (old) PC. Now you are telling me that I need to either format my PC to make it faster or buy a new PC to play a game?

Seems like your solution is to run off players so that the playing field is more level for you.

I guess that the number of people online will be dropping even lower.

#69 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 17:42

So let me get this straight. I start playing a game because it runs pretty good on my (old) PC. Now you are telling me that I need to either format my PC to make it faster or buy a new PC to play a game?

Yes, I am saying that your pc needs some upgrades. The new map system isn't that heavy... and that is not the main issue we are facing now... The cows can make as much "light" as they want the new map, if they don't fix the Old the things will still be the same

#70 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 18:01

Could you please direct me to the new system requirements. I seem to have missed them.

If not then I should still be able to hunt titans with the old map or HCS could fix the new map.

If you would please send those PC upgrades I would be happy to install them.

*edit*

Why should a static map need the same resources as a streaming video? Just seems a little excessive on the resource allocation.

#71 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 19:27

Ok, I now understand the issue

You don't want to pay for a fast internet connection so HCS should give you a win key

:roll:

#72 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 19:58

I guess my company needs to upgrade our t3 line. Tried it after work hours against magic Titan hunter and still can't get close.

#73 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 20:37

You don't want to pay for a fast internet connection so HCS should give you a win key

From what I know, 5 of these titan hunters below have crazy internet connections...
http://i299.photobuc... ... secure.png

My net isn't that great btw...only 5mbps download and 0.5mpbs upload...but still I managed to do good on the new map. I don't feel like repeating what I said on the first post of this thread, if you take a read and you'll see why the Old Map is unfair at the moment. If you think different please post a better suggestion and we will gladly hear you

#74 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 20:44

From what I know, 5 of these titan hunters below have crazy internet connections...
http://i299.photobuc... ... secure.png

My net isn't that great btw...only 5mbps download and 0.5mpbs upload...but still I managed to do good on the new map. I don't feel like repeating what I said on the first post of this thread, if you take a read and you'll see why the Old Map is unfair at the moment. If you think different please post a better suggestion and we will gladly hear you

Still the same issue for me. I have 10 Mb/s down and 1.65 Mb/s up. Great connection, crappy computer. How do you propose to make it "fair" for everyone. Doing it your way I dont get to hunt titians.

#75 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 21:15

Woulfe - have u ever been up against the magic Titan hunter? Won't matter if you had the latest computer, you won't get a hit in (well you will get 1 for every 5 he/she gets). To make things fair, they should slow movement on the new map. Make it so if 0.25 sec hasn't passed, then u can move to the next square. This will slow down the teleportation. Hopefully.

#76 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 21:22

Woulfe - have u ever been up against the magic Titan hunter? Won't matter if you had the latest computer, you won't get a hit in (well you will get 1 for every 5 he/she gets). To make things fair, they should slow movement on the new map. Make it so if 0.25 sec hasn't passed, then u can move to the next square. This will slow down the teleportation. Hopefully.

there are no "magic" titan hunters, there are a few elite 1's who understand that hunting is not just about your internet connection which is part of it, but it is also dependent on how good your hardware is and what types of hardware you are willing to get to get an advantage ;)

#77 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 21:58

hehe slow down new map?

#78 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 October 2012 - 22:02

hehe slow down new map?

#79 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 22:09

Why should a static map need the same resources as a streaming video? Just seems a little excessive on the resource allocation.

If you want to get rid of the titians on the old map, you need to figure out why the new map is still messed up. Finish fixing it THEN make changes. Till then you will just be alienating more players.

#80 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 22:14

"Magic Titan hunter"? Sorry but I'm too old to believe in magic. Its just an illusion that they appear out of thin air.

If we go with the OPs idea then you will get thousands of hits to my none. Is that "fair"? Does it create a level playing field for everyone?

I still havent seen a reasonable solution. Bottom line, the new map is still messed up (hasn't been finished). If it had been finished then this discussion wouldnt be necessary. And yet here we are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: