Photo

More Active PvP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree with this change? (226 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with this change?

1. Voted Yes (137 votes [60.62%])

Percentage of vote: 60.62%

2. Voted No (89 votes [39.38%])

Percentage of vote: 39.38%

Vote

#61 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:26

I've played pvp game, and they all have one thing in common. no XP loss from pvp loss and way to either protect gold somehow during hunt or offline. there is also limit on how often someone can be pvp'd daily. now, we can protect gold to an extent, but all people will do, is try to turn to FC and price will go up. I would say short term pvp gold protection 1x a day for 1 hour would be cool. (may be a buff or potion) that would allow people to hunt and do stuff without worrying about pvp. (with max 10 mil gold limit perhaps)

without these features, we will continue to have pvp vs no pvp crowd.

just take a look at legacy, which is pvp game. (and one of hcs lineup) I don't mind pvp, but it is pretty well thought out.

#62 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:34

Its quite simple really: If re-bounties were not possible, more people would participate in clearing them.

There would also be ALOT less bounties to clear. ( late starters, quitters, etc etc wouldnt be able to be bountied) Id be happy to discuss it further if you want, in a different thread :) )

#63 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:36

Hi all,

We've been taking a look at PvP and feel that it should be more active as it's an important part of the game. One of the main issues with PvP currently seems to be the PvP Protection Upgrade which discourages PvP due to the high amount of gold protection it offers.

In our opinion, the main purpose of PvP Protection is to prevent xp loss from PvP and the gold protection is an added bonus. PvP Protection reduces the purpose of the bank and also prevents gold being sunk via PvP.

Therefore, we feel it would make sense remove the gold protection from the upgrade, reduce the Fallen Sword Point cost of it and also add a new gold upgrade which will allow you to activate PvP Protection for 24 hours.

Thoughts?

I find this upgrade not good at all, again it has feel that PvP'r want to get easy access to all gold in game.

What PvP protection actually does:
- allow levelers to keep leveling
- earns HCS 100 fsp every 28 days
- allow potion makes etc to sell their potion, resources etc in gold, without protected gold we won't see some one selling 102 x potions in gold
- allows to cut down MP spikes, and provide ready 10M- when some need quantity of gold for scavenging / forging / for something.
- when spikes are cut, MP actually stays on same level or gets lover.

MP spikes are the problem, and they are caused by PvP, because players without protection want to get rid of their hunted gold as soon as possible, else they get hit for gold. So, in my point of view PvP is the actual reason for high MP prices, not the PvP protection. I occasionally sell my gold well below current MP level, getting 9M+ gold sell @ 160k is nothing unheard of.

If you want to have more PvP activity, make it even for everyone. Now attacker has all the advantages, there was suggestion in this tread how to make it even with that button for PvP.

Wanna sink more gold?
+ Make PvP protection bought with gold at valid MP price, that would easily sink 20M+. (or with
current prices, 23M)
+ Have more upgrades with gold, but not with set price but make it depend on current MP price, that would make players to buy large quantities of gold to get cheapest possible upgrade.
+ Have a possibility (very small, like 0.5% or smaller) that bounty hit steals up to 1% of bountied persons banked gold.
+ Have inscriptions on (guild tagged?) items with gold

#64 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:39

It is not right that gold can be stolen while I am hunting, buying in AH, or scavenging , all of which involve considerable amounts , usually between 1 and 5 million ,Just makes for easy targets , and will surely annoy A lot of players

#65 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:45

Hi

We already had that same poll 2 times before (with minor changes)

Dec 2010
"PvP Update Tweaks (PvP Protection)"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99158

Then again Aug 2012
"Suggestion: PvP Protection Change"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107611

Are we going to have a poll every few months,
until the "right" vote gets cast?

Regards,
Kildek

#66 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:51

Hi

We already had that same poll 2 times before (with minor changes)

Dec 2010
"PvP Update Tweaks (PvP Protection)"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99158

Then again Aug 2012
"Suggestion: PvP Protection Change"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107611

Are we going to have a poll every few months,
until the "right" vote gets cast?

Regards,
Kildek

Yeah, you are right. This issue seem to rise occasionally, when PvP'r have commented this issue enough on other treads HCS reads.

#67 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:52

So there would be a separate gold protection? if this were to change it would be extremely unfair to people that want to sell large amounts of gold on the MP at once.

#68 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:55

So there would be a separate gold protection?

No , there would be no separate gold protection.Gold protection would be removed, completely. Xp would still be protected.

#69 Buddha

Buddha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:57

Gold protection is the only reason I ever use PvP protection because having a lot of gold on me is the only reason anyone ever attacks me. Therefore the upgrade would basically become useless. Reducing the cost for the upgrade as it currently is, however, is always a good thing. In a perfect world gold and xp protection would be separate things. If gold protection costs were lowered and could be purchased without xp protection, I would be stress-free for the rest of my life (in the game, that is.)

#70 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:00

You guys want to honestly know how to revive PvP (or at least increase PvP activity)?

Quit making these threads. Play the game. Make changes. Monitor those changes and if needed tweak them.

Listening to all the whiners is the reason so many things in this game have been screwed over.

#71 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:09

IT's about time!!! should have always only protected experience.

#72 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:21

To revive pvp is a simple fix. adjust the xp loss. Most people dont pvp due to the risk of losing hours worth of xp,

Lets take an example. If I go and pvp someone from a pvp guild once, I am probably gonna lose 5 lvls in about 20 -25 attacks which = 2000 to 2500 stamina. for someone who likes to play the adventure and lvl 5 lvls might take 15000-20000 stamina or more.

PvP needs to have a fun aspect to hitting each other. I(and many others) currently fear losing multiple lvls for one hit.

too tired to finish. I am sure plenty of other people can finish this thought

*Admin Edit*

Please keep the name calling out of an otherwise decent post.

Cheers.

#73 Doginal

Doginal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:33

I like this idea. As a non-pvper I dont like the idea of loosing levels from being hit. I want to climb up and catch the guys at the top. With that being said, I think its part of the game that if i sit around with millions of gold on me i'm making myself a target. Thats part of the adventure....keep the gold and make a large depo and try to be cheep on the mp but risk holding onto it longer or should i just post it on the mp for a good price and get rid of it as it comes.

I think its fair to leave people the ability to try to take that gold from us but let us (for a price) protect the xp that we work hard for and are very limited by how much we can get.

The only exception should be for the initial protection when you first join the game. Dont let people take gold from somebody that is 1 day into the game.

#74 jdmek

jdmek

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:40

This is a yes from me :P

#75 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43

ok, i have read most of the comments in here and have an idea. Ok, you want to make the protection only protect experience, i say about damn time, should have been that way from the beginning. But, with that being said, there is already a protect experience upgrade in the upgrades section. My proposal is that you get rid of the pvp protection upgrade altogether, and change the experience lock up grade to a gold upgrade. it only works for 24 hours, and it should cost 1000 gold per character level. this would ensure that low level characters can protect their experience as well for a minimal price and it would sink alot of gold out of the game. if you think that 24 hours is too little a time then possibly you could make it that you have to pay for it every 48 hours but anything more than that would be a bit too much. so what do you think about this idea?

#76 whobob

whobob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:46

A few people have actually said or at least touched on my personal annoyance with PvP... it's that it's not REALLY PvP... not most of the time anyway. It's PvE with the environment being a player who is either not around or doing something else and completely unaware that an iron fisted smack is heading their way. It's absolutely no different than hunting a creature. Even an SE. Find creature (unaware player) browse stats, adjust your stats/gear accordingly through buffs or potions. SMACK. As someone said, the chance of loss from the attackers end is minimal if they're attacking someone who is not DRESSED AND PREPARED for PvP.

Thus the need to protect you and your investment... (ie all the imaginary piles of gold).

I have said this before, I understand there is a Player vs Player element to this game. That doesn't mean it should be the ENTIRE game.

#77 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:47

I am tired of these attempts to get non-Pvpers involved in that aspect of the game , , If I wanted to play PvP I would have done so a long time ago, besides who said it was a pVp game , there are lots of aspects in the game to enjoy, why must we PvP???? to suit some ones EGO??? I VOTED NO!!!!

Chill, friend. No one is asking you to PvP. I voted yes :)

No-one has ever asked me to PvP either, but i am drawn into it against my will whenever anyone thinks there is some skill involved in hitting an opponent that is either unbuffed or buffed and geared for hunting, neither of which requires much skill.

Simple fix for PvP is quite simply to adopt the strategy of most other games. The victor gains xp from a hit, the loser loses none. Then there's no need for anyone to complain, it simply becomes another way to level up, not to level down. You'd find a lot more people were suddenly interested......

Until that's done, i'll vote no.

#78 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:49

It is not right that gold can be stolen while I am hunting, buying in AH, or scavenging , all of which involve considerable amounts , usually between 1 and 5 million ,Just makes for easy targets , and will surely annoy A lot of players

and the simple fact that gold is not being sunk by losses in pvp simply increases the amounts of gold in the game completely and drastically lowering golds value in the game. gold NEEDS to leave the game through sinks such as pvp losses, since monster losses very rarely happen anymore. its just a necessary evil that cant be gotten around

#79 kuamor

kuamor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:09

Does the pick pocket worry that your cash was to be used to buy milk, bread, and peanut butter and jelly for all your booger factories or that you wont be getting lap dances in the VIP room at Babydolls? no, its theft plain and simple and if you're out there with a pile of gold, its a valid target whether you like it or not.

Anyone who has unfortunately been robbed in real life knows you dont wear a sign saying you are protected. If your gold is stolen, steal it back. The bb is not an effective deterrent. I vote yes and I'll be careful.

I do agree that being Stabbed While Sleeping is not PvP.

#80 jaikarthik

jaikarthik

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:19

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: