Photo

Brewing Custom Potions (Composing)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like this idea? (401 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Voted Yes (375 votes [93.52%])

Percentage of vote: 93.52%

2. Voted No (26 votes [6.48%])

Percentage of vote: 6.48%

Vote

#61 jadesmax

jadesmax

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:55

:lol: i like the the idea

#62 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:55

more complicated then the original idea but anything is better then what we have now but they SHOULDNT BE BOUND .there is always gonna be ppl who do better at making pots then others and alot who generally cant be bothered so where is the harm in letting someone sell what they make after all doesnt that just mean less crap junk items in the game and thats the whole point.. for example if they was bound and i made what i needed for myself i would only do this once every couple months now if they wasnt bound i might do it as a income stream..there will be loads in the game who for what ever reason wont use many pots themselfs so making them bound all you do is bottle neck the whole idea

Again Why need it be used as a way to merely compund on preexisting gold/fsp? It's obvious the cows want to drain out excess gold/fsp from the game, making them NOT bound only weakens the impact of it gold/sink and slows the drop in FSP price. I don't see how then its not just another major game update that disproportionately benefits (near)EOC players... Can you dispute that it doesn't by having NONE of them bound?

#63 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:57

I have to say I like this idea as well. The bound/un-bound question seems to be the main sticking point. There was 1 post that suggested using the PvP combat ranges for people buying pots. I think that would make it a great idea. Also base which pots you can make on your VL level not RL.

I would also suggest the potions that can be made also be based on this range. That way low level players will have access to different potions then higher level players. Base what can be made like the skill tree except once above a level on it you can't make the ones on the lower level you just left. This will keep a market for existing potion makers and still allow EOC players to sell to other EOC players what they make.

Edit
Anyone can buy any of the potions but only those that can make them can sell them or guild tag them. If you can't make them they are bound to you. That opens up a game wide market for these potions.

2320275.png

#64 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01

definitely not polished yet but I like the idea. As long as they are bound don't decrease the value of existing pots! I think it would be cool if at a certain brewing level if you could guild tag so that newer players can prosper too.
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#65 DrDementia

DrDementia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:06

Would be cool!!!

#66 nick7414

nick7414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:07

Nice idea:-)

2 things ->

Why make them "special potions"? Thats just going to complicate it. If you think they will be to powerfull with distil+BM- just reflect this in the level / duration of them instead. Keep it simple.

How about introducing luck to the game? What if the level on the potions where not fixed, but depended on luck - so:

80/100 potions turned out level 100.
10/100 turned out level 175.
5/100 turned out level 200.
5/100 turned out level 250.

My numbers are just examples. You get the idea.

if you did it like this there wouldnt be a reason to do it because you would be better off buying buffs instead of making the potions but i do think they should makethem instant instead of haing a cooldown.

#67 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge

Excellent Idea!!! I like it..

Maybe have luck play a part in the level of potion.
Maybe potions that can target creatures based on their Class, such as a potion to do a little more damage to Aquatic or a Demon class or even a Champ or Elite !!!

#68 Elizabeta

Elizabeta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm all for it... but please do not make the potions bound... I do a lot of potion making for my guild mates who either do not know how to do the inventing (yes there a number of people who do not know anything about it) or who do not have the time or desire to do it themselves... I do not think it would be fair to all players to have these potions bound so that only a limited number of people would have access to them... one of the reasons I have not quit the game altogether yet is due to my ability to supply guild mates with potions :)

#69 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:08

Blah blah blah blah

Sounds good except for common items part, and how it plays in here. We wouldn't want to put the above mentioned inventors out of business would we. Food for thought :)

Fair point Oucho & worth noting. However, until we are graced with more info about how this would be arranged/set-up then I think it's also worth noting that our dearest Inventors would not suffer a reduction in trade. For example, if I have level-up points allocated into Defence & Damage then I can/could brew a potion to boost both of those stats BUT I'd still be buying a Berserk350 from my local Inventor to boost my Damage stat further. Likewise with other commonly invented/traded potions. That's just a basic example but I feel that it supports my initial point of allowing a player to enhance their characters stats in a personal way, rather than than just buying & guzzling the exact same potions as everybody else.

#70 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:10

Like the Idea. Potions should be bound.
1. EOC would have an overly advantage because they got nothing to do but buy up and sell at high prices.

2. If it was bound then they are forced to buy up and sell the item and not the potion.
---This gives a better advantage to all players in the game.

So recap. Potions are bound but the items creating it are not. To give a more equally advantage across the board.

#71 mitzi86

mitzi86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:11

Biggest flaw i see is the fact that the current potion makers could be out of business. I personally thought this would have been for a new form of item like the ancients that a thread talked about. we have A LOT of potions as it is. and if these potions we can make are better then the ones the potion makers sell they will go out of business. and if they are worse then it will be solid for lower players. But you need to watch out with potions because the potion makers spend a lot of time doing what they do

#72 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:14

Like the Idea. Potions should be bound.
1. EOC would have an overly advantage because they got nothing to do but buy up and sell at high prices.

2. If it was bound then they are forced to buy up and sell the item and not the potion.
---This gives a better advantage to all players in the game.

So recap. Potions are bound but the items creating it are not. To give a more equally advantage across the board.

Another suggestion is bound it to the guild not the player. Then this would be a little more of a fair advantage for that guild.

#73 Trojan44

Trojan44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:15

I am sure that there will be some problems that will have to be worked out but the concept itself is sound. It has always seemed useless to have the stores in the game except for resources and bottles since the equipment sold there is no longer worth buying. Maybe some of those items could also be used in making potions

#74 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:16

3) Something for players at End of Content or with no stamina to do.

It would make this update "No Point" to me (an EOC player :P ) if you make the potions bound. If some are and some aren't, I can probably deal with that. BUT don't listen to the people asking for them ALL to be bound, please. They don't see your # "3" on your list and they don't see the side I see :)

P.S.. If you make these potions bound then you should make donation potions bound too... LOL

#75 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:17

I'm all for it... but please do not make the potions bound... I do a lot of potion making for my guild mates who either do not know how to do the inventing (yes there a number of people who do not know anything about it) or who do not have the time or desire to do it themselves... I do not think it would be fair to all players to have these potions bound so that only a limited number of people would have access to them... one of the reasons I have not quit the game altogether yet is due to my ability to supply guild mates with potions :)

Then if its for the guild mates maybe it could be bound to the guild and not that individual person. Or maybe it can be given the option to bound it to the player or the guild.

The last thing you want is EOC creating profit for their benifit like they do the rest of the game.

#76 Xainth

Xainth

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:18

I'm wondering when part 2 of the epic quest is coming out

#77 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19

Why not some kind of process to "Charge" an item so whenever you equip it it has an active buff on you. :)

#78 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:21

Why not some kind of process to "Charge" an item so whenever you equip it it has an active buff on you. :)

I could see that being useful. Maybe the duration of the charge depends on the type of the item? ie epics offer a 3x duration modifier, common items .5x, etc?

#79 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:23

Please god no more Adept learner , librarian, conserve pots . keep these potions non XP related please
Like the idea though

( i agree with keeping it bound - or at least some of them)

I think a few AL / conserve/ lib pots isn't a bad thing, it'll all depend on what's needed to invent them.

Somebody is hording a bunch of them and want too make big profits. Cough to the EOC player.

#80 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:24

I'm wondering when part 2 of the epic quest is coming out

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: