• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:36

Are invitations reset at some point as we have only 5 invitations but for ruby medal you need 25?

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#62 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:44

aww only at lvl 20? most of my friends who i invited are all level 1 when they left ohh well i guess i'm out of luck or when they reach lvl20 through stam gain >_<

#63 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:48

Hoofmaster, I don't know if email addy's are top secret or not, but what would you think of someone requesting an email of a friend in order to send them an invite?

Such information is protected by the Data Protection Act 1998, thus we will not give out emails.

#64 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2013 - 13:03

I think when someone requests a code that player should get an email from the game saying so. So far the only one I got in touch with didnt know his password and didnt have the email he used when he registered on this game.

#65 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2013 - 13:18

I think when someone requests a code that player should get an email from the game saying so. So far the only one I got in touch with didnt know his password and didnt have the email he used when he registered on this game.

If you ask them to submit a ticket to General Support we can help them recover their account.

Link: https://www.huntedcow.com/support

#66 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:45

Are invitations reset at some point as we have only 5 invitations but for ruby medal you need 25?

You can delete them.

#67 Aboalarab

Aboalarab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:53

Is this including Players who got termenated ?? u should make it too to give them a chance ,, u cna also make it lvl 100+ and above that got termenated get another chanse

#68 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:57

I don't know if this is a world wide thing or HCS go by it, but if they do, there is a Data Protection Act (DPA) that would prohibit the cows from giving out any such information of any kind under any circumstances.

#69 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:01

Is this including Players who got termenated ?? u should make it too to give them a chance ,, u cna also make it lvl 100+ and above that got termenated get another chanse

Players who asked for their accounts to be terminated...sure. ( ie: they quit the game and deleted their accounts)

But for those who were banned for cheating, multies etc, then a big NO on returning.

#70 Aboalarab

Aboalarab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:30

Players who asked for their accounts to be terminated...sure. ( ie: they quit the game and deleted their accounts)

But for those who were banned for cheating, multies etc, then a big NO on returning.

Well there is difference between the 2 of them,, but its still both of the players should thought of thier act ,who asked to get terminated he already messed up and the one who did wrong also messed up so they both get another 1 chance

#71 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:51

Well there is difference between the 2 of them,, but its still both of the players should thought of thier act ,who asked to get terminated he already messed up and the one who did wrong also messed up so they both get another 1 chance

Anyone that asked for their account to be terminated can come back anytime they want they just have to contact HCS I have seen it happen.Now as for anyone that was banned for ANY other reason than their own choice they should stay gone the game is better off without such people.

#72 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:26

Hoofmaster, I don't know if email addy's are top secret or not, but what would you think of someone requesting an email of a friend in order to send them an invite?

Such information is protected by the Data Protection Act 1998, thus we will not give out emails.

But you guys have rights to send out mails,, so all HCS guild can get ruby medal right away :)

Lots of stuff about returning players but any thoughts on increasing or tweaking the new player recruitment stuff? I know that you cant do something like this on that or open the gates of multi flood but maybe increase the rewards for reaching a level or something like that?

I have recently seen one player return from the void of ban and asked about people I knew who may want to return, was told to have them contact the cows and each case would be looked at with the factors involving it like seriousness of the violation, time passed and other things so yea invite them back too and if they deserve a 2nd chance they may get it.

#73 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:30

It seems that most players have a similar comment - they don't always know how to get in touch with retired players. That can be most easily solved by sending an email automatically from HCS when an invite code is generated but if that cannot be easily done, then a mass email telling past players of this opportunity would be a good idea.

However, that would be problematic if when a player sees the mass email and logs on, he is no longer eligible for the returnee award because he didn't have the code before logging on.

Great idea cows, but it could be better if it became a bit easier to reach retired players. After all, the more we contact, the more we might get back.

As for the number of codes generated, I did 5 right away in the hope that doing so would get them a notice (I didn't really expect it but was hoping). I know none of the 5's email addresses but I do think that all of them are likely candidates to return from past game chats/experience.

#74 Aboalarab

Aboalarab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 18:46

Anyone that asked for their account to be terminated can come back anytime they want they just have to contact HCS I have seen it happen.Now as for anyone that was banned for ANY other reason than their own choice they should stay gone the game is better off without such people.[/quote]

yeah i saw that too but its not necessary to ask for ur own termination why the one who wanna leave ask for that ,, leave and thats it comeback anytime . and its called Returning Players they should think of all of who got banned or something to get 1 chance ... a real player who learned from the banning will play better and stay playing that if he is for real interested ., if not they wont even bother returning again . its like a jail without a chance of getting out

#75 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:07

If you ask them to submit a ticket to General Support we can help them recover their account.

Link: https://www.huntedcow.com/support

He told me on another game that he didnt get it back so now he made a new account so that means I wont get any reward for bringing him back to the game ? And when do I get more codes to send out, still have about 15 members I want to email a code to.

#76 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 16:35

I would say big YES on returning terminated players. For some strange reasons, many of the terminated players were the best community builders this game ever seen. Perhaps they went over the line trying to help their creations (guilds, gameplay, rules) to thrive. But come on, where this game would be without the guilds they created? Banning the players for breaking the rules is self-destructive, better cut the motivation to cheat.

"I don't care about being right, I just care about success." ~ Steve Jobs

Creative people are about thinking, innovating and creating, not about the rules.

#77 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 16:58

... That can be most easily solved by sending an email automatically from HCS when an invite code is generated .

Imagine Phool receiving 100+ invite codes/emails every day from HCS... He would mark HCS as spam.

Instead, I would ask the FS community to vote for one player they want to see back in the game. Let it be one week time frame and one vote would cost 1 FSPs. So, if Phool would get 1000 votes (or 1000 FSPs sunken by FS community) HCS could send an email to Phool telling that 1000 players want him back in the game. Add a ladder for that thing. One winner a week. 52 community builders / year back and this game will thrive!

#78 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:00

Creative people are about thinking, innovating and creating, not about the rules.

Without rules, things quickly break down into anarchy. If they were terminated for breaking the rules, they shall stay terminated.

#79 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:15

Without rules, things quickly break down into anarchy. If they were terminated for breaking the rules, they shall stay terminated.

True. But the game has been improved much and many banned players couldn't/wouldn't break those rules now ;) I won't argue with you, BigGrim. It's your business model. I just think banning players is wrong. Disable their bio, disable their ability to harass other players and etc, but do not ban them. You never know what this player can do for your game in the future.

#80 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:56

... That can be most easily solved by sending an email automatically from HCS when an invite code is generated .

Imagine Phool receiving 100+ invite codes/emails every day from HCS... He would mark HCS as spam.

would make sense just to have ONE email sent out for the first generated code..it would be up to the returning player to chose what generated code to use once they are back playing. communication becomes a lot easier once the returning player is active in the game and can use the message system..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: