Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:44

I guess all itens should give fragments but only one type of fragment

common gives 1

rare 10 ( or 20 )

unique 50 ( or 75)

legendary 100( or 150)

cristalyne 250( or 500)

SE 500 (or 1000)

Of course numbers are exemples and open for discussion, this way will sink gold and itens

Why should SE items give so much? They're much more easier to obtain than LE/Crystal Gear since they are here year round where as LE/Crystal Gear come from events (Some invented) which makes them a bit more rarer in my book. And from what I see the rarer the item the less fragments needed to compose the potion.

#62 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:55

I guess all itens should give fragments but only one type of fragment

common gives 1

rare 10 ( or 20 )

unique 50 ( or 75)

legendary 100( or 150)

cristalyne 250( or 500)

SE 500 (or 1000)

Of course numbers are exemples and open for discussion, this way will sink gold and itens

Numbers may well be "just for discussion", but the numbers you've used as examples are insane :)

Common items = 1 common fragment (up to 6, if FF'd) - heck, ALL items should just extract to between 1 and 6 fragments of their own class..

The fragment costs are, if you noticed, a lot lower for each tier of rarity (even though, in the first draft, crystalline, Elite and SE items were forgotten)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#63 pedroevan

pedroevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:55

Why should SE items give so much? They're much more easier to obtain than LE/Crystal Gear since they are here year round where as LE/Crystal Gear come from events (Some invented) which makes them a bit more rarer in my book. And from what I see the rarer the item the less fragments needed to compose the potion.

I put those numbers only to get the idea, and put the SE in the botton because normally SE are harder to beat If you have not overpowered and overleveled that SE (sry for bad english ) and during an event involving LE creeps there's always a FI lvl 1000 and over 1500 backpack slots to take care of that 

#64 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:57

Had to go back and find the original idea as it was much simpler and would imo would be better for the game:

Credit for parts of this Idea goes to hades8840 and his post in the legendary to potions thread.

This is an idea to create more events by having a constant item sink with a new game mechanic called COMPOSING

The premise would be to have a new section in the game that is similar to the Caves called a Cauldron 

-At the cauldron you would then be able to dump items of your selection into it.
-you could dump items from Elite and up (Elite, Super Elite, Legendary, Spine, and Epic)
-Each type of item would correspond to a numerical value that is totaled in the cauldron.
-Examples of Values:
Elite-10 points
Super Elite-20 points
Legendray-25 points
Spine- 25 Points
Epic-100 points

Next set up different levels of points for the cauldron that would allow for different items to appear when you MIX all of them together
Examples:
50 points- You get the chance to make a few different low level items or potions
100 points- opens up some better items/potions along with the items at 50 points
200 points- Even Better Potions with all the items below as well
500 Points- Maybe a new epic item or epic pot along with all the lower items at the same time

Also to stream line this like scavenging you would be able to select which type you would like to create i.e 50, 100, 200, 500 and add as many items as you wanted to the cauldron to then mass MIX if desired.

Some of the stuff you added on is fine, but seems you turned a simple item sink into something complex and not really game friendly :(

#65 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:58

Have not read through every post so if it's already been asked for then here's a plus one. Could you possibly put everything in some easy to read tables in the UFSG so we can see just what is needed to make what? It's probably just the late hour but trying to wrap my mind around all the combinations and formulas is making my head hurt. Thanks Hoof!!

Posted Image

#66 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:00

yes we have more then enough  gold sinks, this is to be a item sink, not everyone levels or sells plants, potions to make gold, but most to take part in LE to get the items for this.

#67 WS3

WS3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:04

I put those numbers only to get the idea, and put the SE in the botton because normally SE are harder to beat If you have not overpowered and overleveled that SE (sry for bad english ) and during an event involving LE creeps there's always a FI lvl 1000 and over 1500 backpack slots to take care of that 

I think almost every SE is pretty easy to kill these days. You could argue for levels, but with the right buffs I think people could solo SEs at their level. What you say about the LE events is true, but it only applies if the events take place in the realms so they could be kept in the Caves (I know this will bug a lot of people, there will always be people unhappy with things)

#68 pedroevan

pedroevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:04

Numbers may well be "just for discussion", but the numbers you've used as examples are insane :)

Common items = 1 common fragment (up to 6, if FF'd) - heck, ALL items should just extract to between 1 and 6 fragments of their own class..

The fragment costs are, if you noticed, a lot lower for each tier of rarity (even though, in the first draft, crystalline, Elite and SE items were forgotten)

My point is that for exemple you can use multiple types of itens during composing like

An  potion will require 50000 fragments (again exemple ... :D )

using that recipe I last posted It will be like

10 SE itens + gold OR 20 cristaline itens + gold OR 50 legendary + gold

or even use 5 SE itens and 10 cristaline itens + more gold. Instead of using a predesigned recipe for a potion you get to choose what itens you'll use IF you can reach the required amount of fragments and the gold needed

#69 Value

Value

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:09

We could remove the 'Epic Fragment' and lower the 'Legendary' ones, while increasing the Common and Rare ones?

I like the idea of increasing the Common and Rare fragments, it could add some use and price to some of the junk items you get while hunting that would otherwise just be trashed to clear inventory space.

#70 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:11

K.I.S.S.

just remember to keep it simple :-)

#71 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:18

SE items should definitely be worth less than LE items

#72 Warbringer

Warbringer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:21

Y'all can play around with this if you want, but I won't be spending much time on it if you can't create some woop butt potions. 200-500 are all over the place. 600-800 pots would get my attention. Why can't we add up a bunch of lower level gear and have it total enough to make a difference. I'm not going to trash an expensive epic for a pot of ANY level.

Just a thought

#73 WS3

WS3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:22

Had to go back and find the original idea as it was much simpler and would imo would be better for the game:

Some of the stuff you added on is fine, but seems you turned a simple item sink into something complex and not really game friendly :(

I understood no problem. Seems pretty simple (Didn't read the original thread it is from) I would prefer this, but it sounds like a loterry. Would the possible pots made be kept to a limited possible buffs? Would be terrible if you use an epic or 2 and got a Level 500 Great Vigor Pot or something in that manner that probably won't have much use. Hope I'm making some sense!

#74 WS3

WS3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:23

Y'all can play around with this if you want, but I won't be spending much time on it if you can't create some woop butt potions. 200-500 are all over the place. 600-800 pots would get my attention. Why can't we add up a bunch of lower level gear and have it total enough to make a difference. I'm not going to trash an expensive epic for a pot of ANY level.

Just a thought

If you make pots that high that are easily accessible people will have no need to donate therefore HCS won't get any income to support this game.

Edit: And themselves.*

#75 pedroevan

pedroevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:27

I'm not going to trash an expensive epic for a pot of ANY level.

Just a thought

+1

#76 firewall31

firewall31

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:29

I like this idea as a whole but as previously stated .i think some of these potions should be higher to make it worth doing .like adept learner 200 for instance ..we can already get adept learner 160 basically for free from loyalty tokens .and buy a distill potion .would be cheaper and easier . 

#77 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:33

I Don't like it, either way this goes it's going to screw someone over. Be it the potion makers if the skills are too high, buff sellers if the potions only match buff max levels or even the poorer players if there are super duper potions, but they require players to be able to dump epics.

Should have stuck with your alchemy idea Hoof, using the scrap items etc to craft gems to 'bolster' gear, not make all powerful potions.

Because lets face it, knowing how this game and its players work, even if these potions start of poor people are going to complain and then bit by bit you'll cave and before we know it we'll have people able to craft super-duper-ultimo-mega potions AND sell them at their over inflated super ridiculous prices.

ALCHEMY IDEA WAS FAR SUPERIOR.

(Stupid leos and his stupid composing idea...)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#78 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:47

I'll post my idea about convert shards.

100 Common shards => 1 Rare shard
50 Rare Shards => 1 Legendary shard
25 Legendary shards => 1 Epic Shard

Maybe can low down a little, that way you will need 125.000 common itens to make only 1 Epic shard lol

#79 Doginal

Doginal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:48

I'm not sure if i like being able to make pots that are stronger than what is readily available. I'd rather everything be cheaper and weaker. I've always thought this was more of an idea to just use items that are a waste, not necessarily improve current potions/skills.

Also I dont feel the formulas are set up in a good way. Mainly the way it is written, the sum of the parts don't equal the parts put together. What i mean by that is its far cheaper to make individual skill pots than combined skills

Example. you second potion.

As a combined skill potion cost is

Common = 1250

Rare = 281

Leg = 31

Epic = 4 (caped at 2)

However if you make 5 individual pots

level 200 skill

Common = 40

Rare = 8.75 (9)

Leg = 0.75 (1)

Epic = 0.05 (0)

Level 250 skill

Common = 50

Rare = 11.25 (11)

Leg = 1.25 (1)

Epic = 0.15 (0)

Level 350 Skill

Common = 70

Rare = 16.25 (16)

Leg = 2.25 (2)

Epic = 0.35(0)

So making 5 individual pots, 2x200, 2x250, 1x350 comes out with a total cost of

Common = 250

Rare = 56

Leg = 6

Epic = 0

Unless I'm doing something completely wrong but those numbers are seem way off

Also, so long as the potion only has 1 skill and the level is 424 or below, you will never need legendaries

#80 WyldLibrarian

WyldLibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:01

I really like the fact that we are getting closer to implementing this idea. Because I was curious, I ran the numbers for a single skill potion at level 250. I came up with CF=50, RF=11.25, LF=1.25 & EF=.15. Obviously rounding will change those to whole numbers. If the conversion idea for changing CF to RF or others is implemented, then even a level 10 player could make a level 250 potion by converting enough common items into common fragments and upgrading the CF to RF, LF or even EF if needed. I don't see a level 10 or even 100 player doing that very often as the ease of getting level 175 buffs covers most of the needs of low level players. And the gold cost was only 45,000. I ignored the time factor as it was a non-factor for me - plan ahead!

Where I do see this happening, is for players to make their custom potions in order to hunt titans or SEs that they might not be able to hunt otherwise.

If players concentrate on single skill potions, they will be able to make a whole bevy of potions from the - currently - worthless drops of a single hunt for their next hunt. I would anticipate making my desired next hunt potions and using the left-over fragments, making potions for my guild mates to benefit their efforts.

Doginal just beat me to the idea of single skill potions!

I think the skills should be restricted to skills that don't already have potions that can be made. ie, avoid AL, AM, BER, etc. I would love to get my hands on a AM250 for every hunt but is it fair to the people that go to the trouble/expense of making them to give everyone a cheap alternative?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: