67 replies to this topic

#61 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:45

I personally think there should be a way for guilds to disclaim relics they no longer require rather than have to wait for another guild to take them. I mean surely a gild could just walk away from the relics and disown them? Maybe make it so in order for a relic to be owned by a guild it must have at least one defender on it, otherwise after 24 hours (for example) the relic reverts back to being free property for anyone.

Just an idea...

You do not know how much I would love for the relic cap to increase and for this to happen.  Or heck, just this update to happen!  Instantly disown the relic to free space, makes it so the relic capture limit isn't really needed.  I could grab so many different relics.. :P

#62 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:02

OK - on the strength of the post above, I now think I'd like this idea to be limited to once / day LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#63 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:08

An interesting thought for relics would / could be :-

(forgive how basic this is, it's just come to me so hasn't been refined in any way)

Guilds are all given an "average" level (includes retired / inactive players) - so, 100 players, 50 of L500 and 50 of L1K, the "average level" would be L750.

Relics are all given a "Map Level +100" flag. Let's assume we're talking about "The Blue Chasm" here. It's on a Level 1 map. That gives it a "flag" of 101. This would mean that guilds with an average player level of 101 or above can't capture this relic.

Working with "Castle of the Sorceress". It's on a Level 508 map - therefore, it's "flag" is 608. Guilds with an average player level of 608 or higher can't capture the relic.

The numbers can be worked on, as can the determining factors for the guild "flag", but personally, I think this is an

interesting mix-up for relics and helps spread them out a bit more too.

I'd personally be opposed to this. The majority (possibly all) of the stam gain relics are low levels, below 500 iirc. That would basically mean that all the top guild would be prohibited from capturing the relics that we've held on to so dearly for such a long time. This does remove incentive to level up, and with less people leveling up there's less cash in hcs' pockets. However, if the relics were remapped such that the higher level relics had stam gain, I would have no problem with this idea.

#64 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:11

I'd personally be opposed to this. The majority (possibly all) of the stam gain relics are low levels, below 500 iirc. That would basically mean that all the top guild would be prohibited from capturing the relics that we've held on to so dearly for such a long time. This does remove incentive to level up, and with less people leveling up there's less cash in hcs' pockets. However, if the relics were remapped such that the higher level relics had stam gain, I would have no problem with this idea.

That's what I said, later in the thread ;) - the "really good" relics would need redistributing across all levels.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#65 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:12

I really do hope the Cows read this thread and make some sort of option to lose pointless relics but I guess there will be some way for people to abuse the system and that is certainly something I do not want to see happen.

#66 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:21

Nothing will happen to relics...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#67 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:25

Nothing will happen to relics...

What a shame...

I guess the two my guild have are not costing us anything and we have no one on them so its free bonuses for us, that seems a bit silly in my eyes...

#68 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:29

Relics empowerment should be removed or capped to 5% as it already easy to get high stats with powerful buffs and pots we got in game ...newbie guild cant have a chance to hold relics...

why do you think newbie guilds can't survive in this game? because its hard for them to compete in certain aspects like titans and pvp against guilds own relics all the time

So imo remove them will be fair for all or cap it to 5% for each stats and add more relics at low level realms :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: