#61 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 21:55

What's the solution here?  

Should the package request be fully denied if any of the buffs are already active on the recipient? Should requests expire sooner? 

Or perhaps it should be left the way it is, so that buyers cannot request from every seller at once, and only the first who clicks Accept gets the sale? Some people do that, and it wastes the time of the sellers.

No solution is going to seem 100% fair from both sides.

the bold'n'underlined part of the quote is how i think it should work.. it's 100% fair for everyone.. wasting time of the buffers? pfft who cares at this point of a developing feature

think it's fair for a buffer to earn income for not buffing after accepting a buff request? no one wins but those who like taking advantage of people. 

nothing was wrong with being denied buffing a package because the requester had one or all of the buffs they requested already.. either you can ignore that request and move on in your life or actually have personal communication with the requester to work out a possible new package or discounted price *shrugs* we ARE playing a MMO, we shouldn't let robots do all the interaction around here

Edited by RebornJedi, 15 January 2014 - 21:56.

#62 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 23:05

another possibility is players saying they already had the buff casted on them and ask for their gold/FSP back.. this just leads to more shady business.. hopefully this is looked at in the morning

#63 dragon4u

dragon4u

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 23:30

I like having the check boxes back for the backpack. Except when I activate it i can only see 1 page if my items but not the rest. Anyone else having this issue or can help me ?

#64 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:54

There seems to be an issue with 'double paying'.

I asked 'Player A' for 1 buff but he went AFK so I asked 'Player B' for the same buff.

'Player B' buffed me and my gold went down. (as it should).

'Player A' returned and attempted to buff me but I already had the buff from 'Player B' yet my gold in my bank went down again.

Thankfully it was gold and not fsp...

Earlier you said this:

So the reason you were charged twice was because you got impatient and made a second request before the first expired.

The disclaimer we've both read says you will be charged if the seller accepts your request, even if you already have the buffs.

What's the solution here?  

Should the package request be fully denied if any of the buffs are already active on the recipient? Should requests expire sooner? 

Or perhaps it should be left the way it is, so that buyers cannot request from every seller at once, and only the first who clicks Accept gets the sale? Some people do that, and it wastes the time of the sellers.

No solution is going to seem 100% fair from both sides.

You're taking my comments out of context.

My original comment was regarding the paying twice.

The follow ups were to give detail as to WHY I didn't wait for the 1st buffer.

The issue remained the same, paying TWICE.

Obviously you think it's fair that buffers should profit from 1) players who can't afford to wait 10 minutes between requests and 2) people who accidentally click twice (like the person who bought buffs from f257).

It's ok to waste a player's gold/fsp but heaven forbid that a buffer lose out on getting a profit because they kept their customers waiting. However did those poor buffers deal with a missed/overlooked buff request prior to the Buff Market?

My suggestions are:

1) Lower the time limit to 2-3 minutes. That's generally more than enough time to buff people the old fashioned way and is definitely sufficient for clicking Accept .  (unless you're a turtle player using dial-up. lol)

2) If all the buffs requested are active, don't allow payment to go through if another buffer accepts the request.

3) If only a few of the buffs requested are already active than the payment should be adjusted based on how many buffs go through. (i.e. If your buff pack containing 5 buffs costs 500k and only 3 buffs get cast than you get paid 300k instead of 500k). If that's not good enough because some buffs cost more than others than put those more pricey buffs into a separate buff pack.

Edited by WarQueen, 16 January 2014 - 02:06.

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#65 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:06

If the buyer HAS to pay for all buff requests put out and the buffer gets 10 minutes to sit around, I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER attempt to use this "service" again. Not everyone can wait 10 min on every request. If the buffer is active 3 minutes should be the max before requests expire. If the buyer has to beware, the seller should be required to be alert.

Edited by maurybund, 16 January 2014 - 04:06.

#66 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:57

How would people feel about the buff packages auto buffing if the player has been active in the last ten minutes?

I.E. You see the package you want and the buffer has been active in last ten minutes. You hit request and it automatically goes through.

To prevent abuse, we can put in a Maximum Stamina Threshold which the buffer can set a limit to before it goes to a simple request again. This would allow them to buff while active without having to allow every request, yet put a maximum amount of Stam used so his/her Stam bank is not completely drained by possible malicious users.

I'd say we could possibly put those on auto accept to the top of the list? With it being set to a 10 minute activity level, this stops the function from becoming a purely automated system.

Furthermore, we could put a limit on the number of auto sales available per player, per 24 hours. This ought to prevent 'auto-refresh' abuse.

Opinions?

#67 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:09

So then players can have global chat running makes them look active??? And they can be sound asleep in their beds??? I think very bad idea...

#68 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:36

So then players can have global chat running makes them look active??? And they can be sound asleep in their beds??? I think very bad idea...

And? This has no bearing on the suggestion. Explain why you think it is a bad idea please.

#69 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:43

And? This has no bearing on the suggestion. Explain why you think it is a bad idea please.

Because it has been Stated By Hoof no offline buffs being sold... And it has 100% bearing on it... Not sure how you can say a potential Exploit has no bearing...

#70 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:55

Because it has been Stated By Hoof no offline buffs being sold... And it has 100% bearing on it... Not sure how you can say a potential Exploit has no bearing...

I see no exploit here at all. And I spoke with Hoofmaster who is fine with this idea. 

And as I said : 

To prevent abuse, we can put in a Maximum Stamina Threshold which the buffer can set a limit to before it goes to a simple request again. This would allow them to buff while active without having to allow every request, yet put a maximum amount of Stam used so his/her Stam bank is not completely drained by possible malicious users.

I'd say we could possibly put those on auto accept to the top of the list? With it being set to a 10 minute activity level, this stops the function from becoming a purely automated system.

#71 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 13:00

Okay is your game.. I don't and won't use it any way..... Just hate to see it being made so no effort needs to be used here...

#72 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 13:29

How would people feel about the buff packages auto buffing if the player has been active in the last ten minutes?

I.E. You see the package you want and the buffer has been active in last ten minutes. You hit request and it automatically goes through.

Opinions?

+1

Edited by WarQueen, 16 January 2014 - 13:31.

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#73 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:34

Opinions?

Yea it make more sense to make it auto buff within 10 mins activity when someone request the buff :)

Why would ppl advertise their buffs if they don't want to accept selling buffs

and good idea to make Maximum stamina can be used on selling buffs per day through "Buffs market"

Edited by shindrak, 16 January 2014 - 14:40.

#74 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:38

I'm still not sold on the idea. While I do like the idea of auto buff as 90% of the buffers I've gone through have waited 3-5+ minutes before buffing (thus causing a lot of double buffing - which the onus SHOULD NOT be on the player who is usually in a time crunch), it just opens up for purely automation for the buff market.

With Autorefresh being allowed, or keeping the global chat open on your monitor, a player can do whatever they want 24 hrs a day and not have to actually be at their computer to make any money. Setting a "stam" limit is irrelevant as you have plenty people at EoC who have massive stamina pools. "Let me set my stam limit at 30k stamina and see how long it takes to burn through that while on Autorefresh" - is what it's going to turn into imo. 

It is what it is - and I'm still probably going to end up using the Find Buffers function of FSH more than the buff market - especially since you can't request it for other players (ie wanting to get a buff cast for a player in your guild). 

#75 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:38

Okay is your game.. I don't and won't use it any way..... Just hate to see it being made so no effort needs to be used here...

Heck, we can easily put a limit of Auto sell slots per player per 24 hours. That would stop any attempts at total automation.

*Added to opening post of this idea.*

#76 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:42

Big issue I see with this is people leaving their computer on auto refresh inside the 10 mins to keep their activity and essentially be buffing people with out really being online.

#77 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:43

See my post above yours Leos. 

#78 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:44

Stupid double posting... :S

Edited by Mister Doom, 16 January 2014 - 14:45.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#79 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Possibly to counteract this buffs and packages have to be reset after 5 or so purchases?

#80 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

See my post above yours Leos. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: