#61 Iago

Iago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:26

At the moment, I'm looking to apply the following changes:

Diabolic
Blood for All - Looking to change this to 'Extreme Thirst'. (Uses 2-3 AP to gain an increased amount of blood. Amount is undecided.)

Seraph
Holy Light - Looking to remove this, and perhaps instead add 'Heavenly Body' (absorbs a percentage of damage. Possibly stackable with equipment when active.)

Lich
Spiritual Resurrection - After receiving a somewhat plentiful amount of feedback, this skill will be removed due to it conflicting with the Elves 'Kindred Spirit' skill. I'm open to suggestions on alternative skills.

Sylvan
Potion Boost - Looking for more constructive feedback regarding this, and possible alternatives.

Juggernaut
Mega Thump - This will remain the same.

Shadow Shade
Forsaken Shadow - This will remain the same.

Other suggested feature changes/adds:

• Addition of an extra flux point
• In regard to boots - Unfortunately I don't have the tools to apply a stat percentage to the boots without making them a vial. I was thinking increasing the stats by 50%.

All this mention of 6th Tier - We would be willing to receive ideas regarding a 6th Tier aiming for a summer 2010 release while ensuring plenty of time to work on development, and a plentiful amount of interaction with the players.

I greatly appreciate all the constructive feedback you guys have given here, and I will try my hardest to resolve the conflicts relating to 5th tier. Next year I will be looking carefully, and determinedly at balancing the warrior, mage and miner classes through the adjustment of existing content, addition of new content. However, I guess I can't hit the ground running without stumbling a few times. :P

- Iago

Iago
Web Developer, Game Developer.

#62 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:31

At the moment, I'm looking to apply the following changes:

Diabolic
Blood for All - This will remain the same.

Seraph
Holy Light - Looking to remove this, and perhaps instead add 'Heavenly Body' (absorbs a percentage of damage. Possibly stackable with equipment when active.)

Lich
Spiritual Resurrection - After receiving a somewhat plentiful amount of feedback, this skill will be removed due to it conflicting with the Elves 'Kindred Spirit' skill.

Sylvan
Potion Boost - Looking for more constructive feedback regarding this, and possible alternatives.

Juggernaut
Mega Thump - This will remain the same.

Shadow Shade
Forsaken Shadow - This will remain the same.

Other suggested feature changes/adds:

• Addition of an extra flux point
• In regard to boots - Unfortunately I don't have the tools to apply a stat percentage to the boots without making them a vial. I was thinking increasing the stats by 50%.

All this mention of 6th Tier - We would be willing to receive ideas regarding a 6th Tier aiming for a summer 2010 release while ensuring plenty of time to work on development, and a plentiful amount of interaction with the players.

I greatly appreciate all the constructive feedback you guys have given here, and I will try my hardest to resolve the conflicts relating to 5th tier. Next year I will be looking carefully, and determinedly at balancing the warrior, mage and miner classes through the adjustment of existing content, addition of new content. However, I guess I can't hit the ground running without stumbling a few times. :P

- Iago

i am greatful for your concern with such issues needing to be resolved and i am sure i speak for most elf class chars when i say that we are happy just having our unique skill back to being unique and being able to heal in safe havens.
as for the angel skill that your thinking of changing why not just increase the ammount of dmg that is absorbed by the angelic shield.

#63 gothador_damolas

gothador_damolas
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:37

What?!

So what new skill are the Undead Class getting instead? Looks like we're somewhat without one at the moment, then.

And Angelics already get enough damage absorbed with Angelic Shield. Don't absorb any more... really.

Maybe you could explain to us a bit more fully how the Lich skill actually works, iago, so we can decide just how similar it is to KS?
**note that I asked iago, not anyone else (I'm looking at you guys: lasciel, vapples, and athy).**

#64 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:41

What?!

So what new skill are the Undead Class getting instead? Looks like we're somewhat without one at the moment, then.

And Angelics already get enough damage absorbed with Angelic Shield. Don't absorb any more... really.

Maybe you could explain to us a bit more fully how the Lich skill actually works, iago, so we can decide just how similar it is to KS?
**note that I asked iago, not anyone else (I'm looking at you guys: lasciel, vapples, and athy).**

doesnt matter how it works, fact is its pretty much the same thing and it as iago says conflicts with kindred spirit.
ENOUGH SAID RIGHT THERE

#65 gothador_damolas

gothador_damolas
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:42

i am greatful for your concern with such issues needing to be resolved and i am sure i speak for most elf class chars when i say that we are happy just having our unique skill back to being unique and being able to heal in safe havens.
as for the angel skill that your thinking of changing why not just increase the ammount of dmg that is absorbed by the angelic shield.

I bet you're happy! You now have an awesomely-powerful high-damage, unlocatable Class, with no negative points whatsoever.

Congratulations!

#66 Iago

Iago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:42

What?!

Lich
Spiritual Resurrection - After receiving a somewhat plentiful amount of feedback, this skill will be removed due to it conflicting with the Elves 'Kindred Spirit' skill. I'm open to suggestions on alternative skills.:)

Iago

#67 gothador_damolas

gothador_damolas
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:44

doesnt matter how it works, fact is its pretty much the same thing and it as iago says conflicts with kindred spirit.
ENOUGH SAID RIGHT THERE

WTF? Of course it matters how it works! That's what this whole mess/argument has been about!

And I'll write this bit again, a bit bigger for you. Get an adult to read it out for if you need it. :-)

#68 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:49

I bet you're happy! You now have an awesomely-powerful high-damage, unlocatable Class, with no negative points whatsoever.

Congratulations!

um i had more powerful dmg and unlocatable class before 5th tier was brought to existance and i will continue to have such things, but whats funny my mage thats around your lvl (keeping in mind your a mage) does more dmg then my warrior does when both are vialed.
and what makes me happy is to have skills for each class that are class specific that other classes dont have.

suggested by theblueangel
undead -"unholy fixtures" - turns a creature into something that an undead would deal more dmg to,but then also drains 5% of the dmg delt (after its decrease from the creature) and heals the undead's hp/mp by that 5%)

or maybe a drain creature skill

#69 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:50

Dude, elves have spent 5 years not being able to heal in safe havens. In that time, they've had to fork out for a sub on a mage, or fork out for potions...which means that statistically, all elves will have had to spend more to play than any other character bar thumpers. It's about TIME they got the healing abilities.

#70 gothador_damolas

gothador_damolas
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:50

Lich
Spiritual Resurrection - After receiving a somewhat plentiful amount of feedback, this skill will be removed due to it conflicting with the Elves 'Kindred Spirit' skill. I'm open to suggestions on alternative skills.:)

Skills that we'll be allowed to keep, this time?

Or will you run away and back off again the minute your best buds lasciel and vaprak complain?

You didn't change the new updates when us mages complained that every new update was warrior-based. You didn't change the Ayir vials when they were too easy to make and too warrior-based. We were simply told, "that's how it is, suck it up and deal with it."

So why are you backing off now? Why have you given in, this time?

#71 Iago

Iago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:51

ENOUGH SAID RIGHT THERE

[color=#0000FF]WTF? Of course it matters how it works! That's what this whole mess/argument has been about!

And I'll write this bit again, a bit bigger for you. Get an adult to read it out for if you need it. :-)

I'm pretty certain it works the same way as Kindred Spirit. I can confirm this when hoofmaster gets in though.

Edit: Please bear in mind these are proposed changes at the moment. I'd prefer more constructive feedback instead of conflicting interests.

Iago

#72 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:52

Damolas, do you not understand how WRONG it is to take the skill of one class and give it to another one? Why are you fighting everyone on this? It's not exactly going to endear you to anyone to say "I don't care, I'm gonna pull the toss move and demand I have your skill". You wouldn't like it if your skill had been given to anyone else, so why do you think you should subject someone else to that?

#73 AizenVicious

AizenVicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:54

wow this thread took off fast... :lol:
Aizen

#74 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:59

For Elves, what about a skill like "time stop" - the ability to have enchantments last 10% longer?

#75 gothador_damolas

gothador_damolas
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:01

Congratulations!

um i had more powerful dmg and unlocatable class before 5th tier was brought to existance and i will continue to have such things, but whats funny my mage thats around your lvl (keeping in mind your a mage) does more dmg then my warrior does when both are vialed.
and what makes me happy is to have skills for each class that are class specific that other classes dont have.

suggested by theblueangel
undead -"unholy fixtures" - turns a creature into something that an undead would deal more dmg to,but then also drains 5% of the dmg delt (after its decrease from the creature) and heals the undead's hp/mp by that 5%)

or maybe a drain creature skill

Yeah, but your one negative point was that you couldn't heal at your safe haven. Unless it was with potions. Or a mage healing you. Or the Zaahar Health Charm giving you health back. Or Kindred Spirit resurrecting you with 50% health.

Now you don't even have that negative point, however lame it was.

Damolas, do you not understand how WRONG it is to take the skill of one class and give it to another one? Why are you fighting everyone on this? It's not exactly going to endear you to anyone to say "I don't care, I'm gonna pull the toss move and demand I have your skill". You wouldn't like it if your skill had been given to anyone else, so why do you think you should subject someone else to that?

It's not what I would have wanted, to have a class-specific skill copied over, but it's happened. And it's not going to change things as much as everyone's making out. We don't even know what chance it had of happening. We didn't even give it a chance to see how/why/when it worked.

And believe it or not, I don't play the game to have everybody say "I love you, Damolas." I don't really give one whether what I say 'endears' me to people. I'm not just going to pander to what other people say in the hopes that they'll like me. I'm entitled to my say, just as you are. And I think we should have tested the skill out to see how it went. If it proved to be a bad update, THEN we could have it changed. That's how testing works.

Also, why are the Shadows keeping your Demonic Possession, if Angels and Undead are having their skills changed for being too similar?

#76 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:02

what about a tier specific skill that increases the doubler time to say 30 minutes or so, but it is restricted to 5th tier chars only. or make it a tripler instead of doubler and leave the time at 15 minutes.

#77 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:03

You think I'm particularly happy about Shadows being able to keep my skill? Far from it, but right now, I'm taking what I can get and am grateful that Iago is reconsidering the skills.

#78 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:04

instead of ripping suggestions why not try making them as iago has suggested damolas

#79 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:06

I don't want to particuarly be pidgeon-holed into nothing but bloodsucking...but if we have to, at least that larger suck is better.

Alternatives I'd RATHER though:

5 Blood points to turn all creatures in a square to Celestials as I enter it.

or

a 5% increase to Demonic Possession.

#80 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:09

I don't want to particuarly be pidgeon-holed into nothing but bloodsucking...but if we have to, at least that larger suck is better.

Alternatives I'd RATHER though:

5 Blood points to turn all creatures in a square to Celestials as I enter it.

or

a 5% increase to Demonic Possession.

i would suggest that demons get the ability to get blood from killing creatures instead of sucking it because killing generally results in blood anyways and they have to turn creatures to get the bonus dmg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: