Photo

Making Titan Hunting more Popular

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

Poll: Time to Titan hunt (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you titan hunt more often if it took less time?

1. Yes (35 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. No, I have no desire to Titan hunt at all (4 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Time is not an issue to me (41 votes [51.25%])

Percentage of vote: 51.25%

Vote

#61 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:51

I think you meant 1200 miles, right?

Err No I meant 12000 miles literally on the exact opposite side of the world to the server..

18263km = 11348mi 179.60yd

Distance from Perth WA to Florida

Assuming it could be done in a straight line..

Edited by katatonic, 22 November 2014 - 02:57.

#62 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:06

Just short of 15000 KM for me too - so just over 9000 miles ...

(would be so nice if the cows could afford to have continental hubs to speed up things for everyone :) )

Edited by Pardoux, 22 November 2014 - 03:06.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#63 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:17

Gutie, dear, the west coast of the good old USA IS 12000 miles from the servers, isn't it?

Edited by BadPenny, 22 November 2014 - 03:17.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#64 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:21

Gutie, dear, the west coast of the good old USA IS 12000 miles from the servers, isn't it?

BP, servers are in Florida, so west coast users are approx 2700 miles :) - distance based on CA to FL, other west coast states will be further ..

Edited by Pardoux, 22 November 2014 - 03:29.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#65 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:41

I never knew that.  I assumed they were in Elgin. 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#66 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:53

I never knew that.  I assumed they were in Elgin. 

When I used to live in Scotland, I used to wish that were true - now I'm in Australia its 9000 miles versus 10000 miles LOL. Not really much of a difference :)

#67 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 14:33

well i live in mordor so lets get back on topic...

#68 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 15:26

Hmm, drakos, if you live in Mordor, does that make you an orc?  Or something equally sinister?  Should I have buffs to ask these pressing questions?

Back to the titans.  I'm an amateur, but I like titan hunting.... but I hate titan hunting.  it makes my arm hurt and it's hard on my bladder.  But it's fun.  Don't want it easier, though, just want all those stupid messages to go away ;)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#69 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 20:38

I have bronze titan medal and like hunting faster but I know if we change tkp then prices of epics will drop, this bad idea

when I titan hunt I only hunt with my friends, it is fast with friends, alone it takes long and titan hunting is for groups

if you hunt alone then you deserve to hunt longer, I do gvg, I alone need long time but with friends it is faster

hoofmaster please ban magic hunters

#70 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 20:59

there should be no short-cuts to titan hunting, if you want to titan hunt faster then hunt with your guild mates together

titan hunting gets faster if you hunt in a group and titan hunting is a group activity

if you hunt solo then it is your own fault if it takes you longer

against magic hunters we need ban all scripts or better like some said:

make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed

really like the idea of everyone having the same chance / speed and the more members you have in your titan hunting group the faster the hunt and the higher chance to secure the titan if you are hunting against others

having same speed make it fair for all titan hunters, please hoofmaster do this

#71 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 November 2014 - 22:56

thing is when a guild secured it and it's one of those top tier titan hunting guilds it happens to be the fact that the other guilds tend to wait for it to go get cleaned up because it costs a ton of time stamina and fsp to get an item via TKP and most people go like naww let's just wait for someone to clean it up

i wouldn't clean up a titan personally not solo and not in a group either because it is just not worth the time and stamina in my opinion.

and i think multiple people share this opinion with me.

what i would like to suggest is that the total titan HP and TKP needed to buy the items get tweaked just a little bit downwards to make cleaning up easier and to make cleaning up also more worth the wile and faster and make it so that a titan attack is that heavy that one attack costs 2 stamina this way epic prices will get less affected and the amount of secures will remain normal because there is more stamina loss and thus less stamina to hunt other titans.

meanwhile try to stop the magic ones

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#72 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:18

thing is when a guild secured it and it's one of those top tier titan hunting guilds it happens to be the fact that the other guilds tend to wait for it to go get cleaned up because it costs a ton of time stamina and fsp to get an item via TKP and most people go like naww let's just wait for someone to clean it up

i wouldn't clean up a titan personally not solo and not in a group either because it is just not worth the time and stamina in my opinion.

and i think multiple people share this opinion with me.

what i would like to suggest is that the total titan HP and TKP needed to buy the items get tweaked just a little bit downwards to make cleaning up easier and to make cleaning up also more worth the wile and faster and make it so that a titan attack is that heavy that one attack costs 2 stamina this way epic prices will get less affected and the amount of secures will remain normal because there is more stamina loss and thus less stamina to hunt other titans.

meanwhile try to stop the magic ones

Isn't that a self defeating vicious cycle?

1. It's not worth cleaning up... why? because your not getting the bang for your buck. Seasonal titan have NO problem getting cleaned up.

2. Reducing or speeding up killing will further lower the prices thus making #1 above more true.

Other guilds must find it worth it as the titans do eventually get cleaned up. The slow clean up is a natural way to keep supply and demand in check.

At the very least, almost all but a small handful agree that something needs to be done about the magic.

• 3JS likes this

#73 adda10

adda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:28

Once a titan is half dead, it is secured, then all these buffs would be nice to work, making it easier to be cleaned for tkp. But not before it is secured.

+1

#74 adda10

adda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 00:36

+ 1 for the reduce TKP/THP idea that Johnagod and Pardoux have posted. 

#75 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:27

do you guys seriously not get that it is a bad idea to shorten the hunting time or the TKP??????

titan gets killed faster which leads to more titan spawns which leads to more epic items in AH which leads to epic prices dropping which finally leads to a stand-still of some titans because it would not be worth it (stamina-wise) to hunt it for profit

titan drops are EPIC for a reason and they should stay EPIC =>>>> have high value & expensive

again, the more epics we have in the game the more their prices drop until finally the titan is not worth hunting anymore for profit !!!

you guys have the choice to hunt solo which takes of course longer OR hunt with your friends / guild mates which is faster the more are in your titan hunting group + saves you stamina if you devide the map !!!! :)

as HCS said: titan hunting is and was designed to be a group / guild activity (like gvg, if you want it faster then get a group) so why not make the movement speed of everyone the same (meaning nobody has an advantage / disadvantage in terms of movement speed) and this will make an even-playing-field for everyone + get rid of "magic" hunters (expose them if they are "faster" than "allowed") + promote titan hunting in GROUPS which was the original idea of titan hunting if I am not mistaken smile.png !!!

make titan hunting a level-playing field for everybody in terms of movement speed and attack speed

I believe that it would make titan hunting much more popular if everyone had the same movement speed to give everyone an equal chance  :)

Edited by mary4ever, 23 November 2014 - 04:29.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#76 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:25

time is not an issue i soloed a few titans i think some people are complaining about internet speed the faster the internet  and page reload faster u move thru page... i literally take every add on vid imdownloading etc off so i can have faster internet speed... so time is not an issue i spend 3-4 hr everytime i solo titan...yeah it is a pain but the more i do it the more iimprove on tricks to hunt faster sucks when i lose to another hunter but seems were on the same page in terms of speed ... but only hunt in times when dorms wifi doesnt suck

#77 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 14:17

like i said up the stamina and people will have a harder time to secure epics due to a lack of stamina to do so thus the amount of epics will not rise significantly as i stated before

i for instance gain 124 stamina per hour the current system allows me to secure one high level titan every 26 hours assuming they have 6600 THP and that i use no stamina walking and conserve doesn't kick in.

make the titan hits cost double the sam and you can secure one titan every 52 hours with the same variables : walking didn't cost stamina and conserve doesn't kick in

this way even a duo costs both partners atleast a day worth of stamina hunting them

however the hunt will be faster.

so basically people will have a harder time gathering the stamina to secure on thus enforcing team efforts to be able to continue to do so to speed it up.

cleaning up will be easier managable because there's less Titan HP to clear away thus making it also a bit more profitable for those who are slower than others.

and since TKP will get lowered according towards the Titan Hp reduction it will take the same amount of clean-up to get it 

this is a fix for multiple things in my opinion :

-epic prices lowering non stop it will most likely balance out for a while now.

-for the securing guilds it will allow them to get the item faster due to a possible faster clean-up

-makes titan hunting more popular at even the higher levels because it is very popular at the lower levels already

and just saying it get's cleaned up by a guild that got off cooldown in most cases because they want to go and secure the next one while another guild is on cooldown...

most times a high level titan get's secured by guild A guild B then get's off cooldown and cleans it up and get's second place later when that same titan spawns you'll see that guild B secured it and guild C get's second place and the next spawn guild C has secured it and guild A comes and clean up and then secure it that's how the loop is currently going fyi.

everything in the game has lost value because there is a lack of players and a flood of items.

low level epics go for about 150 fsp each 

high level epics go for about 400 each

this indicates us that lower level epics have more people to hunt and it's probably also easier to profit from.

this is where we get to the guardian of elements comment that i made it took me 8.5k stam 2 light foot 1250 pots 2 flasks of death and various other potions to secure it solo. in group the only thing that get's reduced significantly is the time to hunt it stam stays pretty much the same and the costs in pots etc also remain about equal because you only get 50% of the profits for the sale.

i'm not saying do half of the Titan Hp of all titans but 75% or 80% is already a huge reduction for those high end titans and turns 5 hours into 4...

and adding that extra 1 stamina will make sure that the epic flow will remain about the same

it's not a loophole... just let it seep into your brains for a bit

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#78 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 19:08

MY brain hurts. I would comment if I could understand :(

#79 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 20:05

So far I don't like any of the ideas. Titan hunting does not need changing. What needs changing is:
1.ban magic hunters
2.ban all scripts for that matter
3.more players means more demand. More demand means higher prices. This whole thread is about low prices and no time. If you don't have time to hunt then you should do something else.

Steve

#80 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 20:47

do you guys seriously not get that it is a bad idea to shorten the hunting time or the TKP??????

titan gets killed faster which leads to more titan spawns which leads to more epic items in AH which leads to epic prices dropping which finally leads to a stand-still of some titans because it would not be worth it (stamina-wise) to hunt it for profit

titan drops are EPIC for a reason and they should stay EPIC =>>>> have high value & expensive

again, the more epics we have in the game the more their prices drop until finally the titan is not worth hunting anymore for profit !!!

you guys have the choice to hunt solo which takes of course longer OR hunt with your friends / guild mates which is faster the more are in your titan hunting group + saves you stamina if you devide the map !!!! :)

as HCS said: titan hunting is and was designed to be a group / guild activity (like gvg, if you want it faster then get a group) so why not make the movement speed of everyone the same (meaning nobody has an advantage / disadvantage in terms of movement speed) and this will make an even-playing-field for everyone + get rid of "magic" hunters (expose them if they are "faster" than "allowed") + promote titan hunting in GROUPS which was the original idea of titan hunting if I am not mistaken smile.png !!!

I believe that it would make titan hunting much more popular if everyone had the same movement speed to give everyone an equal chance  :)

this and ban all scripts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: