524 replies to this topic

#61 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:12

Normally, I would have edited original, but this seems to be moving too quickly.

My guess is that I misunderstood this as a PvP arena programming... I think I get the idea better now:

Player A decides to go for a smack. 

Player A receives a target.

Player A can suit and buff up as they see fit based on their target. 

Player A then hits costing Player A 50 stam.

If Player A is aware they won't win, they can choose to skip for X amount of gold.

Is that the essential idea?

For what I get, Player B (the target) will always be the same, until you beat him or pay to skip, so you can leave the page, change gear, buff up, answer Facebook, watch a video on Youtube and come back to fight your target, or to skip, after 6 hours the price to skip player will be reseted, just like instant finish on Composing (24 hours on Composing).

And I believe everytime the Season ends, you will receive a new target according to the new Season Rate you'll have.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 17 June 2015 - 12:14.

#62 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:20

Normally, I would have edited original, but this seems to be moving too quickly.

My guess is that I misunderstood this as a PvP arena programming... I think I get the idea better now:

Player A decides to go for a smack. 

Player A receives a target.

Player A can suit and buff up as they see fit based on their target. 

Player A then hits costing Player A 50 stam.

If Player A is aware they won't win, they can choose to skip for X amount of gold.

Is that the essential idea?

Correct :)

#63 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:20

this system should just hand out the "better rewards" to the higher levels as i doubt many players below level 1500 will obtain them anytime soon

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#64 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:24

this system should just hand out the "better rewards" to the higher levels as i doubt many players below level 1500 will obtain them anytime soon

I don't think the bands worked well on the PvP Ladder as players could 'stick' within a band. PvP was a much more active part of the game before the ladder was introduced (when everyone had a PvP Rating) and I feel this update will make PvP an interesting and exciting part of the game that everyone can get involved in.

#65 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:25

hoof you,obviously forgot why you changed it in the first place....i,remember 4-5 eoc players trading rating to earn dominance medal.....long,before ladder was introduced

#66 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:27

how will this be any different?

#67 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:31

hoof you,obviously forgot why you changed it in the first place....i,remember 4-5 eoc players trading rating to earn dominance medal.....long,before ladder was introduced

everyone is in the same ladder technically this way

#68 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:33

everyone is in the same ladder technically this way

problem is hcs has tried this several times unsuccessfully....why they think,it will work now is beyond me...especially with new profitable rewards s
added

#69 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:35

I must say, after all of the hype, I'm extremely disappointed. This is another "ladder" system that will probably end up failing much like the current ladder. I don't see this actually invigorating PVP or the Bounty Board after a few weeks. I'll let the system play through, but man, I am really speechless that this is the best that came out of all of the ideas given by so many players over the past 3 years. 

Whether or not gear is included, there will always be a large gap between levels. The difference between 800 and 850 would be an example, or any area that has a huge jump in gear sets that generate large stat boosts. You're going to have to skew the system one way or the other - ie a large player having stats lowered when taking on a lower level player beyond the point of them winning, or increasing a lower level stats to equal a higher level player - either way, there is going to be some disadvantage that is already seen. At least with the prior ladder (before the current one), lower level players had more targets. As much as I enjoy PVP, I don't see me participating.

As for the idea behind the bounty board, you've almost entirely killed it in its entirety. It's great that there are random bounties, but it shouldn't matter how much gold you took. I can go swinging away (50 stam) at someone who holds 4k gold hourly for the heck of it to take their XP, but the game will "wait" until there is enough gold to bounty me? What if I only hit players who hold over 7 figures? Will I always  get bountied on my hits? That seems like it's detrimental to PVP - stealing gold, defending players, smashing someone who likes to talk too much and can't back it up, etc. 

I guess I just don't get it. I'll just sit back and see what happens and decide my future with the game after that. I'll end on that I'm very disappointed this is the best that at least 2 years of work has come up with.

#70 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:36

problem is hcs has tried this several times unsuccessfully....why they think,it will work now is beyond me...especially with new profitable rewards s
added

I think it will work really well and make part of the game that is currently not that great much more fun and interesting. We can agree to disagree tho :)

#71 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:41

I think it will work really well and make part of the game that is currently not that great much more fun and interesting. We can agree to disagree tho :)

so you think allowing people to choose to only make attacks they KNOW they can win will make pvp more fun? think that just because a lvl 2500 has better ststs they are automatically a better pvp'r? seriously this is a joke if so...thnks for the attempt but this ruins bb n pvp....and still no word on. gvg update after how many years?

#72 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:05

so you think allowing people to choose to only make attacks they KNOW they can win will make pvp more fun? think that just because a lvl 2500 has better ststs they are automatically a better pvp'r? seriously this is a joke if so...thnks for the attempt but this ruins bb n pvp....and still no word on. gvg update after how many years?

and complaining about eoc having a advantage... shouldnt you be ecstatic that you have a higher probably of fighting opponents you can lose to, mucho, much more fun for you :)

not only thhat, you expect more players to present a challenge for you one where you get to dig deeper in to your knowledge to beat them when they are much higher level. i remember beating a player buffed with gear on 100s of level higher than me made me quite happy

Edited by gilby90813, 17 June 2015 - 13:07.

#73 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:05

To say that I'm disappointed would be an understatement. While the ladder fix looks like it could be interesting, the complete annihilation of the bounty board doesn't make alot of sense. Why would you completely remove our ability to defend ourselves? What option are you leaving players to stand up for themselves? Or hell, for their guild to help them when needed?

#74 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:07

Two suggestions:

1) Have far fewer than 100 players in Titan league. That is over 1/5 of the active player base.

2) If you want to attack a lower-leveled player, any gear you have has to be no more than 50 levels above the target's level. Kind of like the arena in that any gear too powerful will be treated like empty slots. This would at least give lower levels a fighting chance against higher levels.

#75 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:09

1) Have far fewer than 100 players in Titan league. That is over 1/5 of the active player base.

No. It really is not. We have a lot more active players than you suppose.

#76 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:10

All speculation and we'll see, but here's my take so far (only including what I personally consider to be positive):

Colluding happens in all aspects of the game except (theoretically) GvG where it isn't "allowed". This system "appears" to make it really difficult. You will now have to collude with absolutely everyone in your league.

Game theory suggests that will be dicey. Again, not impossible... simply more difficult to achieve. 

I'm glad Prestige is out the window except as a reward during the seasons. 

As opposed to the ladder (which I happen to be on at the moment with just one guildie which is so frigging boring), there is no opt in. For those who don't wish to PvP in the rough sense, they will not hit within this system. They will remain in the lowest league where competition is not necessarily so rough. They'll still get smacked by newer players who are looking to move up. 

As to the idea that a player could choose to not hit a player they'll lose against. Of course... if they want to advance, then they'll have to skip. We'll see (and I have my doubts) if things balance out. But it does keep the Epic wearers in play and as targets by all of players throughout the game. 

so you think allowing people to choose to only make attacks they KNOW they can win will make pvp more fun? 

I don't see a single change in the system on that issue. 

Think that just because a lvl 2500 has better ststs they are automatically a better pvp'r? 

I do agree that this is "flawed" as far as the league system is concerned, because I do NOT believe that a level 250 PvPer can beat a level 2,500 PvPer. 

However, and I'm only guessing, this is all sports based. So it does "make sense".

Respectfully (please don't read into this... no attack, no flaming, just getting to the bottom of the "idea"), as you say in your bio: don't confuse levels with aptitude. Keep in mind that the lowest levels in game will have EOC players in their league. 

Again, I agree: I have a hard time seeing how level 250s will compete in crystal league with a level 2,500.

#77 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:16

No. It really is not. We have a lot more active players than you suppose.

wait now im a little confused so there is no opting out of this? pvp players are only a small fraction of players compared to overall

#78 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:16

and complaining about eoc having a advantage... shouldnt you be ecstatic that you have a higher probably of fighting opponents you can lose to, mucho, much more fun for you :)

not only thhat, you expect more players to present a challenge for you one where you get to dig deeper in to your knowledge to beat them when they are much higher level. i remember beating a player buffed with gear on 100s of level higher than me made me quite happy

ive recently cleared and defended against players with over 1k+ lvls on me....im speaking in general not just for myself....ask around im wuite often taking on challenges i shouldnt be able to beat and yet i do...but because i can doesnt mean joe shmoe of my lvl,can do the same....this system is not,balanced and i forsee this being another failed attempt

ive recently cleared and defended against players with over 1k+ lvls on me....im speaking in general not just for myself....ask around im wuite often taking on challenges i shouldnt be able to beat and yet i do...but because i can doesnt mean joe shmoe of my lvl,can do the same....this system is not,balanced and i forsee this being another failed attempt

#79 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:24

and at least my buddy spider0007 got his diamond dominance medal before you guys "legacy" it....only 1 in the game

#80 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 13:32

wait now im a little confused so there is no opting out of this? pvp players are only a small fraction of players compared to overall

Nope, no opting out. And you are 100% wrong about PvPers being a small fraction of "overall". 

I don't think there is a single player in FS that hasn't been hit at some time or another. If they have never hit, at least they've been the "second P". ,oP

Keep in mind that you have the option of never hitting. You will remain in the lowest league where you are "apt" to be hit a lot less.

Well, except for the fact that PvP ranges in normal attacks have been maintained at least. Halleluja! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: