135 replies to this topic

#61 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 00:30

you are a leveller who never tried to PvP, this is a PvP improvement thread, how can you improve somethibg you never tried ?

I have tried it as the 2nd "P" many times.

#62 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:16

I have tried it as the 2nd "P" many times.

Try it as the first P then before making suggestions on making it better ;) it will be a huge difference

clock96.gif

#63 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:37

Try it as the first P then before making suggestions on making it better ;) it will be a huge difference

The fact that you don't care about the 2nd "P" in this game is the issue. I will do the first P at EOC so I can take full advantage of the exploit that the new BB would have taken away.

#64 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:41

The fact that you don't care about the 2nd "P" in this game is the issue. I will do the first P at EOC so I can take full advantage of the exploit that the new BB would have taken away.

the 2nd "P" can bounty the Attacker, where is the big issue here ?

clock96.gif

#65 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:11

Please put together a list of what you, the PvPer really wants.  Consider the whole PvP community and not how you can get  the upper hand for yourself alone, or your guild.

Submit it to Hoof, then see what the coders can do with it. Who knows you might get something that really works.

You should also stop all this: I want , I want, I want. You are not alone in PvP but from the way you sound you think you are.

That's why you want to stay within a set level range and pick off the new blood coming up.

That's a real pity.  Think of all those EOC players you could go postal on it you only worked a little more. lol

People should remember that PvP'ers did not want the changes that were made. If you ask alot of us, we'd say we'd undo the last 5+ updates done to PvP.  Each change to pvp has watered it down and hurt that part of the game even further. These changes were primarily made for those looking for protection from the 'evil bully' pvp players.  Big difference.

No one should be judged for how they choose to play the game, or what level they choose to be. Leveling is boring. Good for those who find other ways to keep themselves entertained and logged in. Isn't that what we're really after?

#66 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:07

People should remember that PvP'ers did not want the changes that were made. If you ask alot of us, we'd say we'd undo the last 5+ updates done to PvP. Each change to pvp has watered it down and hurt that part of the game even further. These changes were primarily made for those looking for protection from the 'evil bully' pvp players. Big difference.

No one should be judged for how they choose to play the game, or what level they choose to be. Leveling is boring. Good for those who find other ways to keep themselves entertained and logged in. Isn't that what we're really after?

Lol. The biggest change the levelers hated about seasons was having no opt out, xp loss and multiple hits. Are you saying pvprs are now pro opt out, pro no xp loss and pro 3 day cool down now?

Too bad others won't allow players to choose to play the game their own way. No one likes being the 2nd P unless they want to intentionally lose levels. Too bad you only believe that right only goes for players in the first P and not the 2nd. Some people like the boring game. Nothing wrong with that. Everything is subjective. I think it's tantalizing exciting leveling like a beast. Too bad you think I should be bored. I'm not.

#67 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:27

Lol. The biggest change the levelers hated about seasons was having no opt out, xp loss and multiple hits. Are you saying pvprs are now pro opt out, pro no xp loss and pro 3 day cool down now?
Too bad others won't allow players to choose to play the game their own way. No one likes being the 2nd P unless they want to intentionally lose levels. Too bad you only believe that right only goes for players in the first P and not the 2nd. Some people like the boring game. Nothing wrong with that. Everything is subjective. I think it's tantalizing exciting leveling like a beast. Too bad you think I should be bored. I'm not.

If you are a full time leveller how are you supposed to be "forced" into PvP ?

clock96.gif

#68 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:47

If you are a full time leveller how are you supposed to be "forced" into PvP ?

When you are the 2nd P? P v P ( the 2nd underline P)

#69 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:41

why do you get attacked as a lvler ? Exxept if its a gold hit whoch may or may not happen one time during a hunt, is it really bothering you that bad ? You can bounty btw

clock96.gif

#70 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 August 2015 - 13:22

I'm sorry, but that's always been part of the game. It's just like the monster is forced into being killed whenever you're the hunter, right?

As Cal said above, the updates to PVP have really watered it down. I'm not a full-time PVP'er by any means, but I enjoy playing all aspects of the game. PVP is one that I find myself playing less and less because it's not as fun as it once was - no matter which side of the P you are. 

Cal is trying to mention above that the opt-out, no XP loss and 3 day cooldown are all watered-down pieces of "updates" to PVP. Opt-out turned the game from a PVP based game where a player could be a target to a small little mini-game within FS called "Ladder" or even "seasons" for 2 weeks. 

Most of the older PVP'ers in the game I don't believe supported the ladder implementation either. I know back when it was being discussed, I was against it and had mentioned that it would be dead at some point in time whenever the shininess of the rewards wore off. The players who want the medals will continue to stay on it and just rack up any rewards that would be essentially worthless. 

At the end of the day, I don't think the Ladder is great, but it needs ways to fix it. Bigger ranges could, but all that means is most players (not all), will wait until they are at the higher end of the range to get the gear bonuses that you see between level ranges. Once new rewards are implemented, the ladders will be semi-popular for a while, and then fizzle out again once the value of the rewards (potions included) have diminished. 

#71 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 14:36

why do you get attacked as a lvler ? Exxept if its a gold hit whoch may or may not happen one time during a hunt, is it really bothering you that bad ? You can bounty btw

I guess people don't like me. Is 10k gold too much to hold? Also got the repeated treatment as well. Never said a word to the attackers. Posting them just made them hit me daily. This was before I became active in forums. I remember because they had extra fun the day the smasher medal was introduced.

#72 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 14:40

I'm sorry, but that's always been part of the game. It's just like the monster is forced into being killed whenever you're the hunter, right?

As Cal said above, the updates to PVP have really watered it down. I'm not a full-time PVP'er by any means, but I enjoy playing all aspects of the game. PVP is one that I find myself playing less and less because it's not as fun as it once was - no matter which side of the P you are.

Cal is trying to mention above that the opt-out, no XP loss and 3 day cooldown are all watered-down pieces of "updates" to PVP. Opt-out turned the game from a PVP based game where a player could be a target to a small little mini-game within FS called "Ladder" or even "seasons" for 2 weeks.

Most of the older PVP'ers in the game I don't believe supported the ladder implementation either. I know back when it was being discussed, I was against it and had mentioned that it would be dead at some point in time whenever the shininess of the rewards wore off. The players who want the medals will continue to stay on it and just rack up any rewards that would be essentially worthless.

At the end of the day, I don't think the Ladder is great, but it needs ways to fix it. Bigger ranges could, but all that means is most players (not all), will wait until they are at the higher end of the range to get the gear bonuses that you see between level ranges. Once new rewards are implemented, the ladders will be semi-popular for a while, and then fizzle out again once the value of the rewards (potions included) have diminished.

Thanks for the uber explanation but if you read the banter back and forth, the issue is not that pvp is NOT part of the game. The issue is him trying to silence those that are participating by saying they don't pvp when they do as the 2nd P. Your talking from both sides of your mouth if you believe that. Your post acknowledges the fact that it's part of the game yet you say nothing to defend their right for their input on pvp discussions.

#73 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 14:48

Thanks for the uber explanation but if you read the banter back and forth, the issue is not that pvp is NOT part of the game. The issue is him trying to silence those that are participating by saying they don't pvp when they do as the 2nd P. Your talking from both sides of your mouth if you believe that. Your post acknowledges the fact that it's part of the game yet you say nothing to defend their right for their input on pvp discussions.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Yes, there are two players that are part of every PVP encounter, the person attacking and the person defending. While the person defending may not know it's coming, it's been part of the game since it's inception. Throughout the years of updates, that 2nd party of PVP (or the ones who want nothing to do with it) have made their voices heard, which is great. However, HCS has really molded the game to their voices while pushing those who are either Pro-PVP or are trying to improve the game as a whole. I understand it's about business (aka keeping people happy), but it has really hurt the experience of the game as a whole.

Restricitng PVP further would be like taking Smashing Hammer away from levelers. Funny that the best memories of the game (at least in my mind) have been back when you actually had to think and use math to do anything in the game. Not just buy every buff and swing away (PVP, hunting, titan hunting, etc) and hope for luck, or to know that the sets that other players have put together will be enough to get you through without looking at stats. 

#74 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 14:54

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Yes, there are two players that are part of every PVP encounter, the person attacking and the person defending. While the person defending may not know it's coming, it's been part of the game since it's inception. Throughout the years of updates, that 2nd party of PVP (or the ones who want nothing to do with it) have made their voices heard, which is great. However, HCS has really molded the game to their voices while pushing those who are either Pro-PVP or are trying to improve the game as a whole. I understand it's about business (aka keeping people happy), but it has really hurt the experience of the game as a whole.

Restricitng PVP further would be like taking Smashing Hammer away from levelers. Funny that the best memories of the game (at least in my mind) have been back when you actually had to think and use math to do anything in the game. Not just buy every buff and swing away (PVP, hunting, titan hunting, etc) and hope for luck, or to know that the sets that other players have put together will be enough to get you through without looking at stats.

My argument is simple. So you are saying the 2nd P has no right to speak (or write) their opinion here?

#75 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 16:16

My argument is simple. So you are saying the 2nd P has no right to speak (or write) their opinion here?

No - I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that 2'nd P is a big portion of the reason why we are in this situation we are in today with PVP. Most of the concessions/changes around PVP has been around the voice of the 2nd "P" while ignoring the voices of the 1st. It doesn't matter if the voices of the first actually helped the 2nd - it was the 2nd's voice that was still heard. 

I have no issue with hearing both sides, and personally, I try to think from both sides. I've been part of each one. It would help if more players actually tried to think this way through as well, but a lot haven't taken the time to experience both sides. Seasons kind of helped that, if you look through some/many of the posts. However, it was "PVP" without any repercussions outside of lost stamina and some gold if you were holding onto it. 

At the end of the day, I want a more popular game with many aspects. If the only voice that is heard is the 2nd voice in PVP, then we might as well cut one more aspect out completely. 

#76 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 16:21

I guess people don't like me. Is 10k gold too much to hold? Also got the repeated treatment as well. Never said a word to the attackers. Posting them just made them hit me daily. This was before I became active in forums. I remember because they had extra fun the day the smasher medal was introduced.

don't take it as an offense but maybe you have some issues with some players, so if they attack you then post them, and keep posting, I don't see it as a problem by any way

clock96.gif

#77 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 17:24

At the end of the day, I want a more popular game with many aspects. If the only voice that is heard is the 2nd voice in PVP, then we might as well cut one more aspect out completely.

No one said not to listen to you. Quite the opposite. My point is you told Pythia not to participate in this thread because she doesn't pvp. You want to suppress the 2nd voice. Think of the roll out of the smasher medal. It was a classic example of how listening to just the 1st voice resulted in disaster. I never participated in forums until that point. How could such a bad idea get released? Because only one voice was heard.

#78 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 17:31

don't take it as an offense but maybe you have some issues with some players, so if they attack you then post them, and keep posting, I don't see it as a problem by any way

To this day I have no idea why that person kept hitting me. I never complained and I bountied them and their friends thanked me for the gold/fsp. I never participated in forums. Never submitted a ticket, never said a word. Now I get hit because I'm so vocal in forums hence <3 protection. I've played pvp games in the past and my favorite targets were those that squeeled or cried bloody murder. Hence my silence and non reaction to the repeat hitter. Perhaps their goal was for me to cry uncle. Who knows. But I imagine not all players are so resilient. My brother quit from receiving the same type of treatment in this game. But hey. Like you said. "I don't see it as a problem."

#79 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2015 - 18:26

To this day I have no idea why that person kept hitting me. I never complained and I bountied them and their friends thanked me for the gold/fsp. I never participated in forums. Never submitted a ticket, never said a word. Now I get hit because I'm so vocal in forums hence <3 protection. I've played pvp games in the past and my favorite targets were those that squeeled or cried bloody murder. Hence my silence and non reaction to the repeat hitter. Perhaps their goal was for me to cry uncle. Who knows. But I imagine not all players are so resilient. My brother quit from receiving the same type of treatment in this game. But hey. Like you said. "I don't see it as a problem."

I still don't know why this is a problem, you get hit and then you bounty, no need to change anything to stop this, if your brother quit because of getting hit then its your problem that you joined a PvP game, getting hit, even if its hourly is very normal IMO

Edited by clock96, 21 August 2015 - 18:26.

clock96.gif

#80 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 18:45

I still don't know why this is a problem, you get hit and then you bounty, no need to change anything to stop this, if your brother quit because of getting hit then its your problem that you joined a PvP game, getting hit, even if its hourly is very normal IMO

That's fine. But the main point is as you said it's a pvp game so all players should be allowed input, no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: