Photo

Official Suggestion : PvP Improvements (rev. 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
976 replies to this topic

#941 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:12

Yea, he calls pvpers bullies, and doesn't even realize name calling and insults are bullyish too. Especially when they are spat out in an attempt to elicit a response as he does.

What, are we so Orwellianly Politically Correct now that even when someone admits to being a bully, or describes himself as being a sadist, we have to pretend they didn't and aren't?

Why do some people want to make us all pretend that these bullies and sadists don't exist?
They themselves admit to it, and they are doing the game a lot of harm.
The "response" I am "attempt[ing] to elicit" is a solution to the problem.
Instead, we get people trying to just sweep it under the rug. Why ?

but yet when LvL'ers want something done to attackers on BB they want those ' types ' of players around. but any other time then that they want them out of the FS game cause with other PvP'ers/ BH'ers they get ' soft cleared ' off BB cause these whiners that get attacked an lose no xp and/ or gold or even are protected by having a deflect kick in will still post attacker on BB an some of the time be the ' bully/ sadist ' an have the attacker lose 5 for a single hit that cost the poster no loss.

so the LvL'ers could just as well fit into that group of being ' bullies/ sadist ' an not just as you think the PvP'ers. I've seen/ heard alot of the LvL'ers say ' I am gonna report you for attacking me ' or something along those lines BS making threats an then turn an fail on it. no wonder your targets get ' soft cleared ' off BB.

an if ya think I am just a PvP'er sorry am not so much of that I do some but not like I used to when before this entire ladder change 1st came to be long ago when I also used to work the BB as well. I've mostly done LvL'ing since then but don't think I don't do PvP, I just don't personally care for the ladder. others like working the ladder an that is fine with me I am just not into PvP like I used to be or could of been before the ladder got all changed around.

#942 fs_musjacom

fs_musjacom
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:24

Change the game to using your own buffs only and XP loss within your joining month & between top 250 players only. Lowering other players XP makes sense if they all compete on the same top month/best player ladders.

i have 2 players in the range i can hit in my joining month. :|

You can hit anyone you want in your attacking range, only players that are in your joining month will lose XP.

#943 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:25

why not have it as the same join date :roll:

#944 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:30

Necra, when was the last post you made in this thread that actually addressed the topic,
instead of just being a personal attack on me?

I've made a lot of suggestions, some of which PvPers (and hoof) have liked
-- such as allowing PvPer to take rating from a limited number of zero-rating players, instead of just one.
I've explained why many levelers are unhappy, and offered solution to the flaws.
I've pointed out how some suggestions could be exploited by PvPer to cheat other PvPers.
I've argued AGAINST changes that isolated PvP too much or discouraged it too much.
And yes, I've exposed the dark underbelly of PvP - the tiny minority that make non-PvPers hate PvP so much.
-- why is that such a problem for you?

Now, what have you contributed? read

are you an admin? no you have a problem with pvp and a players behavior send in a ticket. any one comes to you about pvp DRAMA u should tell them to send in a ticket. FS is governed by HCS not you. keep your racy and boisterous/slanderous 1 demoniacal opinions about other players to your self, in the begining you were very positive to the topic at hand then...... some one piss in you cheerios

#945 fs_musjacom

fs_musjacom
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:34

You compete for month top and top 250 with your XP. Lowering XP of your rivals makes sense, lowering XP of other players doesn't.

#946 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:42

if u must know. a few of us get together on skype and have discussions about the pvp ladder listening and taking notes so that both the pvp'r and the lvl'r are happy.= both sides happy the new system get implemented. allot of time and effort has gone into why we are here now. having the ability to speak together in "a meeting room" debate and compromise till a successful presentation is available. only for the end result to have it chopped up to the point where we are now.

#947 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:50

are you an admin? no you have a problem with pvp and a players behavior send in a ticket. any one comes to you about pvp DRAMA u should tell them to send in a ticket. FS is governed by HCS not you. keep your racy and boisterous/slanderous 1 demoniacal opinions about other players to your self,

Do you even know what boisterous or slanderous mean ? And it's not up to you to say that non-PvPers aren't welcome to post their issues with the current system. Until PvP doesn't involve unwilling victims at all, non-PvPers deserve to have their concerns addressed too.

you didnt read my comment correctly i never said that "they" are not welcome in the forums.

#948 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:51

if u must know. a few of us get together on skype and have discussions about the pvp ladder listening and taking notes so that both the pvp'r and the lvl'r are happy.= both sides happy the new system get implemented. allot of time and effort has gone into why we are here now. having the ability to speak together in "a meeting room" debate and compromise till a successful presentation is available. only for the end result to have it chopped up to the point where we are now.

Who was there ? Especially, who was there to represent the non-PvPers' interests ?
It's quite clear the many PvPers here don't understand the non-PvPer's perspective.

sry thats privy info

#949 fs_musjacom

fs_musjacom
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:53

You compete for month top and top 250 with your XP. Lowering XP of your rivals makes sense, lowering XP of other players doesn't.

musjacom, I have one person in my month in my PvP range. A lot of players in my month have none.

You still can attack everyone in your full attacking range without restrictions, but only players that are in your joining month will lose XP. All other players will lose gold only.

#950 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:08

Still the thread seems to be about correcting and commenting others opinions on matters that doesnt concern the actualy thread... why do you ragers keep on going? Someone please make total up from the posts so far.

#951 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:08

there are alot of inactives in alot of other players month which would mean the attacker/ PvP'er gains nothing as in rating for ladder. not very many have much for gold in open anymore, they either dumped it off to friends or other PvP'ers have taken most or all of it. an would gain nothing as of ways of prestige. just to attack to cause only XP loss to a inactives is a total waste an there really isn't any I doubt that are PvP'ers that would be game for that.

I got alot that are in my month that are total inactive accounts, past 7days of range for prestige an have no interest in for a gold hit. just to limit PvP that way does nothing for these LvL'ers that want ' punishment ' done on BB but yet also don't want these PvP'ers they say are causing the death of the game/ PvP ' bullies/ sadist '. they just want them around only when it suits them but not any other time.

an as it also seems it only takes a non-PvP'er perspective on issue have ya thought there are PvP'ers that also LvL and/ or do a mix of both of them. nah that must be a myth and not possible to have a player that does both LvL and PvP that just not possible. :roll:

#952 Mekrushu

Mekrushu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:33

Who was there ? Especially, who was there to represent the non-PvPers' interests ?
It's quite clear the many PvPers here don't understand the non-PvPer's perspective.

sry thats privy info

So, a "few of you" have decided that you should be the voice of FS where pvp is concerned? Who elected you? lol Sorry, your plan didnt work out just the way you wanted, but hey, thats democracy for ya. And I believe this is why we have a forum, is it not? Good to come prepared though! I do find it difficult to believe that you are putting the needs of non-pvpers on equal footing with your own needs though. Honestly, all Ive seen you do here today is be rather argumentative, which is really not conductive to a forum discussion. Just sayin' :wink:

Im still waiting to see some useful suggestions from you? I would love for you to throw some of these ideas you discussed in Skype at the rest of FS please...dont keep us in suspense! :P

FSsig.jpg

Tact is for those that lack the intelligence to be sarcastic!

#953 fs_commiedevo

fs_commiedevo
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:44

Gone are the days of guilds arguing and fighting things out in threads on the conflict page. Gone are the days when if someone got lippy swords were drawn and blood was shed by BOTH sides on the BB. If someone was wronged, lines were drawn on both sides and to war they went.

Those were the good old days, days before the pvp ladder crap came about and no one cared about pvp points. Bleltch misses it bad. The day i lost 38 levels was the most fun i've ever had in an online game. I'm afraid it's gone forever. :(

+1 to this sentiment.

#954 fs_musjacom

fs_musjacom
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:48

there are alot of inactives in alot of other players month which would mean the attacker/ PvP'er gains nothing as in rating for ladder. not very many have much for gold in open anymore, they either dumped it off to friends or other PvP'ers have taken most or all of it. an would gain nothing as of ways of prestige. just to attack to cause only XP loss to a inactives is a total waste an there really isn't any I doubt that are PvP'ers that would be game for that.

I got alot that are in my month that are total inactive accounts, past 7days of range for prestige an have no interest in for a gold hit. just to limit PvP that way does nothing for these LvL'ers that want ' punishment ' done on BB but yet also don't want these PvP'ers they say are causing the death of the game/ PvP ' bullies/ sadist '. they just want them around only when it suits them but not any other time.

an as it also seems it only takes a non-PvP'er perspective on issue have ya thought there are PvP'ers that also LvL and/ or do a mix of both of them. nah that must be a myth and not possible to have a player that does both LvL and PvP that just not possible. :roll:

What this all has to do with the suggestion to remove XP loss from the attacks on players you are not competing with on your month ladder? You can still attack everybody in your full attacking range, as you do now, it's just players that are not in your joining month won't lose any XP. Is that a tragedy? What's so important in taking XP from players you are not competing with on the XP ladders? Probably, something I don't know yet. If you want to take someone's XP so badly, there will be Bounty Board for that, or pvp'ers will have to level up to take XP from the top levelers of their month/ top 250.

#955 fs_commiedevo

fs_commiedevo
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:57

PvP activity, gold hits..deleveling for your guild.. going out and ATTACKING someone. Those who actively pvp. THAT should be on a leaderboard.How many times I gotta repeat that B? You've seen the threads made for suggestions. Rating linked to pvp activity. You won't change your opinion on it, and neither will I. So we agree to disagree.

You will pvp people, but don't want to show on a leaderboard for it? You think the current system is pvp? LOL.Its basically a risk free game of tag with the current ladder.

Yea i've heard you say it over and over and over. It's still not a good reason. LOL IF you want to fix the ladder, great. a few more questions if you dont mind :P
1. But do you really have to drag every single player in the game into it for a select few to have extra targets? Most of em not wanting to have anything to do with it.

2.The pvp ladder was supposed to be about dominance, is that not still the case? What's dominant about hitting an unprepared player? (ie most levelrs)

3. Why do you need to drag in pvpers that dont want to be there and have no chance at competing in the ladder race?

1. yes BUT (and its a big but) they should not have to participate and after one hit I totally support not being able to hit them or another bunny that reset.

2. see below but yes again, dominance is a global and overall phrase not applicable to a small group that had to opt in

3. They ARE pvpers too! you cannot expect a real ladder or real dominance without including every aspect including those who currently gold hit off ladder

I feel that a system needs to be put in place that not only includes EVERY player in the game but also shows dominance by only allowing hits on those who are actively pvping. Since theres no other way to start it out other than letting everyone with 0 rating be a target the only fair solution is offer cheaper portection for the uber weenie that will soil their diaper if they are hit even one time and others can be hit once and then either participate by attacking someone else in whatever way or be left in peace to not participate. If a solution could be made where players who have never hit anyone else are left out im all for that!
Maybe theres the solution? One big reset and if you dont attack on that one you arent included in the next and so on.

+1 I actually agree with what you're saying here Grendel.

#956 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:00

What this all has to do with the suggestion to remove XP loss from the attacks on players you are not competing with on your month ladder? You can still attack everybody in your full attacking range, as you do now, it's just players that are not in your joining month won't lose any XP. Is that a tragedy? What's so important in taking XP from players you are not competing with on the XP ladders? Probably, something I don't know yet. If you want to take someone's XP so badly, there will be Bounty Board for that, or pvp'ers will have to level up to take XP from the top levelers of their month/ top 250.

very simple, then these ones crying about wanting ' punishment ' done on BB cause they were attacked won't have anything done cause there would be no xp loss to BB target. which would mean the target would have more free hits on poster. to be cleared off BB need to lose xp, an with that in mind having only players in same month that can take xp from target would not help an we'd be back in here all over again.

#957 fs_musjacom

fs_musjacom
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:32

very simple, then these ones crying about wanting ' punishment ' done on BB cause they were attacked won't have anything done cause there would be no xp loss to BB target. which would mean the target would have more free hits on poster. to be cleared off BB need to lose xp, an with that in mind having only players in same month that can take xp from target would not help an we'd be back in here all over again.

wasn't meant to restrict punishment on BB, it's open for everyone as it is now

#958 Pratish85

Pratish85

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:09

Quote From WiccaD chat:
"20:15 14/Sep/2011 Dowster I don't think we have opposing opinions on this, like I said I don't hit people who don;t do pvp, unless they've behaved badly somehow. It;s just that I;ve always made a lot of effort to protect my gold, and to work on how to beat other people in pvp and how to defend myself, so I don;t like it when it's made as easy for other people as just saying "I don;t wanna do it" it's like saying all the effort and time I spent researching gear and stats and combos and buffs, and buff combos, etc etc was a waste of time because I could have just put up a don't hit me sign"

#959 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:30

Yea i've heard you say it over and over and over. It's still not a good reason. LOL IF you want to fix the ladder, great. a few more questions if you dont mind :P
1. But do you really have to drag every single player in the game into it for a select few to have extra targets? Most of em not wanting to have anything to do with it.

2.The pvp ladder was supposed to be about dominance, is that not still the case? What's dominant about hitting an unprepared player? (ie most levelrs)

3. Why do you need to drag in pvpers that dont want to be there and have no chance at competing in the ladder race?

1. yes BUT (and its a big but) they should not have to participate and after one hit I totally support not being able to hit them or another bunny that reset.

2. see below but yes again, dominance is a global and overall phrase not applicable to a small group that had to opt in

3. They ARE pvpers too! you cannot expect a real ladder or real dominance without including every aspect including those who currently gold hit off ladder

I feel that a system needs to be put in place that not only includes EVERY player in the game but also shows dominance by only allowing hits on those who are actively pvping. Since theres no other way to start it out other than letting everyone with 0 rating be a target the only fair solution is offer cheaper portection for the uber weenie that will soil their diaper if they are hit even one time and others can be hit once and then either participate by attacking someone else in whatever way or be left in peace to not participate. If a solution could be made where players who have never hit anyone else are left out im all for that!
Maybe theres the solution? One big reset and if you dont attack on that one you arent included in the next and so on.

+1 I actually agree with what you're saying here Grendel.

Thanks! After days of thinking on it Ripple and I think this really is the fairest way and basically the suggestion/revision laid out here with a few minor tweaks. This is the foundation and once the foundation is laid other matters can be addressed then such as BB, GvG, buffs, gear, potions, exp loss and other stuff (WTH is up with hitting in your top 20?? instead of 12 bands we get 48??? NOT going to work sorry) But you cant build a house without a foundation lets get this set and then have other threads to address all the 50 pages here that didnt have to do with the origional suggestion. i know I got a lot of stuff not included that I feel needs fixed too before a new ladder can come out lets take it one step at a time and get the foundation put in.

Waiting for hoof to come back since this has really stalled without him now

#960 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:21

I think the one thing hoof can judge from the feedback on this thread, is that the forum needs mods. ;) more then ever. Now he has to sort through a majority of nonsense... to get any sort of valid opinions and ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: