Victimize the Levelers: thieves and bullies rule!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
964 replies to this topic

#941 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:58

This was when Epic become modern day and GvG a daily accomplishment

#942 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:21

BTW, I wonder how big a part of their customer base (meaning paying customers) are PvPers and how many of them would quit (and cause financial loss to HCS).

the customer base has been built up on these rules, and PvP scheme was like this forever, I don't play Sigmastorm2 because I don't like it, want downgrade FS to Sigmastorm2 level? I will definitely leave the game, it's easy to compare my donations to FS and Sigmastorm2.. Somebody here mentioned that many last updates have been focused on making life easier for pvp'ers, and now look at this stat... :wink:

Posted Image

Since then many small updates have taken place for many features of the game, your link of causality is VERY weak.

it doesn't show many people leaving though ;)

#943 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:24

the customer base has been built up on these rules, and PvP scheme was like this forever, I don't play Sigmastorm2 because I don't like it, want downgrade FS to Sigmastorm2 level? I will definitely leave the game, it's easy to compare my donations to FS and Sigmastorm2.. Somebody here mentioned that many last updates have been focused on making life easier for pvp'ers, and now look at this stat... :wink:

Posted Image

Since then many small updates have taken place for many features of the game, your link of causality is VERY weak.

it doesn't show many people leaving though ;)

A game that is steadily improving (like with the many latest tweaks) is bound to get more player retention. To claim that an improved search algorithm is responsible for this as opposed to the sum of 30-40 small but noticeable changes is at best a laughable notion.

#944 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:40

Also recruitment rewards, as little as those were and still are, = # of players go ^

#945 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:41

Also recruitment rewards, as little as those were and still are, = # of players go ^

The number of players in the game declined pretty much continuously for 2 years despite recruitment rewards.

#946 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:42

A game that is steadily improving (like with the many latest tweaks) is bound to get more player retention. To claim that an improved search algorithm is responsible for this as opposed to the sum of 30-40 small but noticeable changes is at best a laughable notion.

did I say "improved search algorithm is responsible for this"? :shock: I said:" Somebody here mentioned that many last updates have been focused on making life easier for pvp'ers" <-- go over this thread or probably some other recent threads and find that whinner who complained about many updates over last months focused on helping pvp'ers.. ;)

#947 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:47

The number of players in the game declined pretty much continuously for 2 years despite recruitment rewards.

During the above timespan, not 2 yrs

#948 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:57

the number is growing despite open pvp, and that's important.. anti-pvp'ers can't prove that people are leaving because of pvp attacks... ;)

#949 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:06

[quote name="KitiaraLi"]gawd the stuff I had to endure when I took the no.1 spot...
[/quote]

Please share your experience.

[quote]
And you don't think you would get smacked if you took someones PvP rating? Ofcourse not all would care at all, and would most likely hit back right away, but there are always the few rotten apples, who get's oh so annoyed when you mess with their schemes and plans.
[/quote]

What matters is the majority, not a few rotten apples.

[quote]
Ask EOC players how many of 'em would partake in PvP, unless they could earn FSP on doing so...
[/quote]
With nothing better to do with stamina? Not everyone has the time and energy to be selling buffs and accumulating FSP that he doesn't actually need for anything - and the more people reach EOC and realize that they'll stay there with stamgain 50, the more will partake in PvP sooner or later anyway.

[quote]
PvP in FS comes with risk, and it would become very dull if the game was without it all of a sudden.
[/quote]

Nobody would force you to participate in the risk-free PvP (where there would be very little to gain).
I would understand the opposition if I were asking to remove XP loss from all PvP completely, but that's not what I'm asking for at all.

[quote]
[quote name="coyotik"]
How exactly will it kill a part of the game? It will NOT touch the current PvPers in any way.
[/quote]
Go back to page 1, and read the thread.. it's kinda been said many times. You're starting to come of as someone else roaming these kinda threads, only reading what you write yourself.
[/quote]

Haven't found a single solid argument in this thread, apart from the worry that those risk-free-PvPers would "boast" about their PvP rating and skills and pretend that it's the real thing. My response to that is that I don't even want medals for this, and I'm all for rewarding real PvPers more.

[quote]
[quote name="coyotik"]
I personally don't really care. I will probably not partake even in the friendly PvP. I'm not taking part in this discussion for personal reasons or motives, I do it just because I am convinced that it would be good for the game.
[/quote]
And what makes you so sure of that? Did yuou ever go on a PvP binge, really getting deep inside it? If not, you dont know it, and hardly quallify as someone who's capable of saying how it should be.
[/quote]

I've probably done more PvP than you think - and anyway I do not think that it's really relevant. Having brains and some experience is enough to be capable of having an OPINION. I'm not claiming that it would be good, I'm just saying that I think that it would be good - and sorry, but hearing "it would be bad" without any arguments isn't going to change my mind no matter whether it comes from TT, Chilon, Gravely, StangValle, BleItch or anybody else

[quote name="coyotik"]
BTW, I wonder how big a part of their customer base (meaning paying customers) are PvPers and how many of them would quit (and cause financial loss to HCS).[/quote]

So.. you're pointing at the levelers are outnumbering the PvPers, and as such the PvPers point of view is invalid?
[/quote]

Am I? I don't think so. I am really curious about this, nothing more. It would be interesting from the business point of view to consider expected impact of various changes. How many PvPers donate? How much do they donate? How many levellers donate? How much do they donate?
What do YOU think?

[quote]
This is just ending up like every other PvP thread ever had here... levelers come in, puts something over their eyes and ears, and just go with what they want, claiming it to be for the good of all, without having the slightest idea of which they speak, and without showing enough respect for those involved, to actually bother trying to understand.
[/quote]

Sure... and PvPers* come in, put something over their eyes and ears, just go with what they want, claim that anything else would kill the game, assume that the levellers don't have the slightest idea about the topic (which is quite often far from true - and which also covers your next bit about not showing enough respect for those involved...). PvPers assume that since they do PvP, they're the only ones whose voice matters, but they forget that the players they attack take a big part in the PvP, even if it's against their will - so why the heck shouldn't they be allowed to have a word in it, too?

*There are notable exceptions

#950 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:07

the number is growing despite open pvp, and that's important.. anti-pvp'ers can't prove that people are leaving because of pvp attacks... ;)

Weaksauce argument. The issue discussed in this thread has always been with the FSH feature which isn't widespread across the game and even less in the lower level range.

And I've always been for the improved search engine as implemented by HCS.

#951 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:13

Weaksauce argument. The issue discussed in this thread has always been with the FSH feature which isn't widespread across the game and even less in the lower level range.

I don't use FSH at all, it's automation even though HCS allows it ..

#952 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:19

I don't use FSH at all, it's automation even though HCS allows it ..

I'm really not following where this discussion comes from and is headed then?

People aren't leaving more than before because of pvp attacks, but it's not related to the improved search algorithm which is so far the only pvp related change that has been implemented lately?

#953 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:28

People aren't leaving more than before because of pvp attacks, but it's not related to the improved search algorithm which is so far the only pvp related change that has been implemented lately?

I can't find that message, but it was about "everything is going pvp'ers way - less xp loss on BB, something else.. and now this change (improved search algorithm ), so levelers are all leaving"..

#954 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:35

I can't find that message, but it was about "everything is going pvp'ers way - less xp loss on BB, something else.. and now this change (improved search algorithm ), so levelers are all leaving"..

Oh, then I agree, that's a stupid comment :lol:

#955 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:37

it is. i'm a leveller i'm still here

#956 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:13

This is just ending up like every other PvP thread ever had here... levelers come in, puts something over their eyes and ears, and just go with what they want, claiming it to be for the good of all, without having the slightest idea of which they speak, and without showing enough respect for those involved, to actually bother trying to understand.

Sure... and PvPers* come in, put something over their eyes and ears, just go with what they want, claim that anything else would kill the game, assume that the levellers don't have the slightest idea about the topic (which is quite often far from true - and which also covers your next bit about not showing enough respect for those involved...). PvPers assume that since they do PvP, they're the only ones whose voice matters, but they forget that the players they attack take a big part in the PvP, even if it's against their will - so why the heck shouldn't they be allowed to have a word in it, too?

So, absolutely no reasons to assume that, coyotik? :arrow:

Second; Potion- Generate a potion that has a probability of "Conserve" for PvP hits, meaning that attacks have +0.0X% to take no stamina, buff named 'Assassinate'

Conserve works in pvp, but it doesnt show itself in battle(doesnt work in gvg though) when conserve activates, no xp is taken

Really? I've never heard of Conserve being used in PvP, let alone ever seen it on anyone who attacked me

a difference between knowing and experiencing things? I am sure you know that movie, but try to get idea from that text:

"So, if I asked you (Will Hunting) about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michel Angelo, you know a lot about him, life's work, political aspirations, him and the Pope, sexual orientation, the whole works, right? But I bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling. Seen that...? If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus of your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. I ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right? 'Once more into the breach, dear friends.' But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, and watched him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. I ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable...known someone that could level you with her eyes. Feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you… who could rescue you from the depths of Hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, and to have that love for her be there forever. Through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in a hospital room for two months, holding her hand because the doctors could see in your eyes that the terms visiting hours don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. I look at you; I don't see an intelligent, confident man. "

#957 fs_darkang3l

fs_darkang3l
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:29

So, getting back to the original point of this thread:

Take a look at Warrior Kings website. They think they can shut me up using threats. Not going to happen: exactly the reverse in face. Only HC has the right to moderate the forums. But if anything proves my point, and proves that the powers-that-be (but not everyone) at WK are bullies who use PvP to intimidate people in an attempt to dominate every aspect of the game, this does.

Will I be 100-stammed again for pointing this out? Probably. Do I care ? Not enough to not post.

Will they once again hold a vote on whether to harass my entire little guild with 100-stam hits ? Who knows. The vote failed last time, but they DID consider it, and vote on it.

People used to bitch about FFS dominating titan hunting, but at least FFS' titan monopoly was not INTENDED to interfere with people's enjoyment of other aspects of the game.

Respectfull little thing... *smiles*

#958 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:47

I've always done both pvp and levelling, and to be honest it's as simple as sometimes you gain levels and gold, and sometimes you lose them

If you were playing snakes and ladders would you want a custom made board that had all the snakes removed because going down them spolied your enjoyment of going forward? or if you were playing football would you step aside and let the guy from the other team run the length of the field and score because tackling him would be mean and spoiling his fun?? I doubt it, games are supposed to be a challenge. Why does it always have to be about easy gain with no risk of loss for so many people? if you don't want real people from the real world making your progress in the game more difficult then why play an online game at all. The reason that most people play online is for interaction with others and for some healthy competition. Walking around on maps and obliterating pathetically easy critters may be the idea of fun for some people, but there doesn't really need to be so much hostility towards other who are trying to knock you back a few places on the playing field..

Honestly, if anyone playing FS is unable to gain levels faster then they lose them, then there is obviously an issue they need to address with whoever is attacking them, and sustained attacks of that amount on one player would been seen as harrassment by HCS and it does get dealt with if reported.

A little bit of diplomacy goes a long way, while complaining like a spolied child will only ever make things worse. But since you apparantly don't care anyway, everyone should be happy :D

#959 shokolo

shokolo

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:51

Victimize the Levelers: thieves and bullies rule!

Does the OP keeps changing it or Forn is bored again? :D

#960 Snowy900

Snowy900

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:43

So, getting back to the original point of this thread:

Take a look at Warrior Kings website. They think they can shut me up using threats. Not going to happen: exactly the reverse in face. Only HC has the right to moderate the forums. But if anything proves my point, and proves that the powers-that-be (but not everyone) at WK are bullies who use PvP to intimidate people in an attempt to dominate every aspect of the game, this does.

Will I be 100-stammed again for pointing this out? Probably. Do I care ? Not enough to not post.

Will they once again hold a vote on whether to harass my entire little guild with 100-stam hits ? Who knows. The vote failed last time, but they DID consider it, and vote on it.

People used to bitch about FFS dominating titan hunting, but at least FFS' titan monopoly was not INTENDED to interfere with people's enjoyment of other aspects of the game.

we dont bully anyone,, we play the game our way within the rules of Fallensword, there are plenty of guilds who do this too.
I would like to know what right you have slagging a guild off in the forums, do you think of yourself as better than everyone else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: