Photo

Epic Quests!

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#81 fs_shanaunite

fs_shanaunite
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 18:58

We've found the problem that was causing the caching failures and map freezing.

This should definitely be fixed now - apologies about that!

Thank you. :) now to try and spent all that stamina ive gained.

#82 jzaz

jzaz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:01

Hey hoof, can you fix the problem with the quest and stairs icons on the world map not displaying? THanks

#83 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:03

Hey hoof, can you fix the problem with the quest and stairs icons on the world map not displaying? THanks

Fixed :)

#84 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:05

still terrible lag on the new map :(

#85 zzepher

zzepher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:07

Please note, you will not be able to advance in this particular Quest until the next Epic Quest arc is released.

when will this quest be released ? or has it already?

#86 Oga

Oga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:08

Hasnyne else accidently dropped the Viper Sword that you get from the quest? I know you make it, then give it to someone and they hand it back so you can use it, but i dropped it and now i find out later i need it to kill a monster... is there anyway of making it again? i tried making the quest sword again but that doesnt do anything since i can't equip it. I also tried running all the way back to where i got it from and thought maybe i could have the person make it to where i can use it again, but nothing.

#87 VerLynn

VerLynn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:12

this may be some pretty Epic Quests but there is definitely epic lagging..... :roll:

"Just when you think life is gonna send you a helping hand, It sends you a wave and walks away."
VLS.

#88 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:14

Hasnyne else accidently dropped the Viper Sword that you get from the quest? I know you make it, then give it to someone and they hand it back so you can use it, but i dropped it and now i find out later i need it to kill a monster... is there anyway of making it again? i tried making the quest sword again but that doesnt do anything since i can't equip it. I also tried running all the way back to where i got it from and thought maybe i could have the person make it to where i can use it again, but nothing.

Yep, never drop something you get back in a quest untill it is well and truly over.

You can ticket the cows to get it back, or buy it, as it isn't bound :)

#89 2119112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:16

where is the 3,4,5,6 and 7 quest

#90 Oga

Oga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:18

Yep, never drop something you get back in a quest untill it is well and truly over.

You can ticket the cows to get it back, or buy it, as it isn't bound :)

Thanks lol I'll see if any pop up in the ah, if not i'll ticket cows about it lol

#91 RuneFnatic

RuneFnatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:22

Hey, is Gate of the Abyss (Epic) the last quest released? I count 5 haha :)

#92 Marcus219

Marcus219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:22

We've found the problem that was causing the caching failures and map freezing.

This should definitely be fixed now - apologies about that!

well not in the Netherlands!

Keep up the good work HCS!! :)

#93 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:26

its impossible to move let alone do anything else lag is worse then when a le is on

#94 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:27

there is still really bad lag going on.

#95 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:29

With the lag remember a lot of other folks are working on this right now so lag is to be expected, probably on par with when there are LE creatures on a fresh release in realms ;). I hope you're enjoying the quest storyline I know I enjoyed reading it!

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#96 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:34

there is still really bad lag going on.

We've been working on the lag issues - we've just changed something which should hopefully reduce the lag :)

#97 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:38

I enjoyed the 2 that I was able to do before the crazy lag hit I always liked the quests that have a decent story well done can't wait to finish the others once the lag is gone :D

#98 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:48

[quote name="fattiejake"]Please note, you will not be able to advance in this particular Quest until the next Epic Quest arc is released. wtf!!!![/quote]

That particular Quest Line continues in the next batch of Epic Quests in the future.

[quote name="sharashkin"]Quick question. You mentioned stamina gain like one of rewards. What happens if I already have max stamina gain.[/quote]

It increases in the same way as the Starter pack increases it.

[quote name="jagger4man"]Can I get clarification please: first 7 or first OF 7[/quote]

First seven.

[quote name="C4RPY"]seem to have gone as far as currently possible in the quests level 3 and 4... moved to the level 13 quest (the next one) and get this message

You are missing a required item (You need 1 x Pouch of Nepeta Cataria).

(Note that the item must not be equipped or Guild Locked.)

Are we supposed to complete the first 2 first before being able to do the others? If so are you sure we are currently able to complete the first 2? Present Darkness (Epic) and Eternal Defiance (Epic)[/quote]

You receive the Quest Item Pouch of Nepeta Cataria at the end of the Quest Eternal Defiance (Epic). The only Quest that you cannot complete in this arc is Present Darkness (Epic).

[quote name="parashuram"]Are the new creatures and the new items they drop available in the guide? Also are the new quests available in the guide as you guys said that the guide will be updated automatically with all that new stuff?[/quote]

Nothing brand new is in the Guide yet, nor will it be for about a week.

[quote name="C4RPY"]Is it just me or is everyone else stumped at not being able to complete the level 3 and 4 quest and not having the item required for the level 13 quest?[/quote]

Where precisely are you stuck? What is the Quest Text saying?

[quote name="marcus219"]Maybe you could find something that would help the Spirit remember.

You receive 1 x Handful of Sand

Please note, you will not be able to advance in this particular Quest until the next Epic Quest arc is released.

No more steps

is this quest finished, cause it isnot in the questbook[/quote]

You have spoken to the Spirit as Brother Richard asked. Return to him (he's in that Realm) to tell him what happened.

[quote name="acornsmash"]I'm an idiot!

When you receive the sword "Viper Strike Long Sword", I didn't know that I had to keep it for later on in the quest line. I need it now to kill "Tolson Karnas (Champion)." I can't remake it because I got the sword from the quest. Can you help me HCS?[/quote]

Get a hold of a screen shot showing you receiving the Viper Strike Longsword in your Quest Log (PM me the image here on the Forum.) and I'll replace it for you.

[quote name="hell07"]I cant go further in lvl 23 quest which creature should i kill indeed ???[/quote]

The most powerful creature in this Realm is the Nightshade (Champion).

[quote name="TMRV"]I did that and nothing more[/quote]

In the Quest Text, Richard tells you to head to the Elya Plains North. Look for the Gauntlet there.

[quote name="GoHalos"]I'll be doing these when all the kinks are figured out... Seems even with a Test Character they aren't all sorted.[/quote]

The kinks are worked out. Most of the issues appear to be players not reading the Quest text. It tells you were to go next.

#99 Kae1712

Kae1712

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:54

Quests were a bunch of fun, getting stam above my max seems a bit odd though

#100 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 15 June 2012 - 19:56

I have completed:
Signs and Portents (Epic)
Eternal Defiance (Epic)
The Ways of Mages (Epic)
What's in a Name? (Epic)
Wardens Test (Epic)
Gate of the Abyss (Epic)

Still active:
Present Darkness (Epic)
Please note, you will not be able to advance in this particular Quest until the next Epic Quest arc is released. You CAN continue with Signs and Portents (Epic).

edit: lagg creatures have returned after few mins of absence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: