#81 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2012 - 15:54

HCS are removing titanstride because it is faster than the new map, even if you have to input the correct key sequence to get you where you want to go, as opposed to the new UI where you just mouse-click your destination.

As for unfair advantages, how about the special offers? Young US based players have a huge advantage there. Maybe an 8FSP per day advantage over the rest of the world. Is that fair?

I think its great that they remove it. As for offers I know several who can watch the videos over and over to get hundreds of fsp.

#82 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:05

What was the unfair advantage of Titanstride or lightwalk? Was there one of did you just respond with a knee jerk reacton to a ticket?

As said elsewhere, I have both first n second hand seen/used lightwalktitanstride myself - and that, is very much so automation/cheating.
I even had a friend make a video of a titan hunt, where he (while at the loo) managed to secure a titan with no hassle whatsoever.

Could you tell me where I can obtain such a script from? Or are you just making it up? Where is the automation? All that is reloaded is the world map (and scout tower )

#83 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:30

Hello :) I see the titan scripts will be banned in a weeks time, and Im guessing it will make me fast again, Im guessing..... its just to bad for the people in the UK and even for the titan hunters from the other side of the world as they could actually keep up with most of us, because before the titan scripts they had no chance..... I do realize that lightwalk is now built into Fallensword so I hope they don't go back to the pre' titan script speeds they once were at..... until the new mapping system is in place We will all still be at different speeds... Im looking forward to titan hunting next week :D

Yep, your gonna clean up mate, its gone back to the days of US/Canadian players with great connections moving at three or four times the speed of anyone else LOL.

Unless they remove old map :) New map still much faster for me than LW/titan stride with old map

#84 KingHomer

KingHomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:43

I just figured out how to enable the Beta map. I am such an idiot sometimes.

Anyway, glad to see scripts gone. I was finally getting the hang of Lightwalk and never used Titanstride, but the probability that the scripts were modified beyond the initial intent means this is a good move in general, HCS needs to control their product/gameplay more.

And the new map that I used a ton on the alpha server is useful for titan hunting, no need for reload every addon running.

#85 Shibing

Shibing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:44

What was the unfair advantage of Titanstride or lightwalk? Was there one of did you just respond with a knee jerk reacton to a ticket?

As said elsewhere, I have both first n second hand seen/used lightwalktitanstride myself - and that, is very much so automation/cheating.
I even had a friend make a video of a titan hunt, where he (while at the loo) managed to secure a titan with no hassle whatsoever.

Could you tell me where I can obtain such a script from? Or are you just making it up? Where is the automation? All that is reloaded is the world map (and scout tower )

its automatically reloading the map, otherwise you have to go yourself and click F5. there is your automation. and don't start with the "reload every" again because Titan Strides map refresh was way way way way way way better than reload every

#86 fs_petkovics

fs_petkovics
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:49

SOHAIL94:

I chuckle at the 2 "best" Titan hunting guilds crying while the rest of are happy, Irony :lol:

Don't you think it is funny? :D

#87 KingHomer

KingHomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:56

I had LW installed on a laptop and a desktop, reminder to all players who have access to more than one machine, check them all!

#88 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:01

I commend the decision by HCS.

If I might add, I think this announcement warrants a direct PM to all players, not just front page posting.

#89 deadjoe

deadjoe

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:05

umm, just curious. i was looking through my extensions and i have all removed but 3, FS helper , refresh plus, and Active GS. FS helper is only used on this game, but the other 2 i use for almost everything i do on my computer. You guys going to start banning for everyday used extensions ? Because i dont see everyone removing all their extensions thats used for work and other games just to log in here.

#90 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:16

SOHAIL94:

I chuckle at the 2 "best" Titan hunting guilds crying while the rest of are happy, Irony :lol:

Don't you think it is funny? :D

who's crying?(as far as I'm concerned it's those who don't know how to hunt titans and are probably jealous they fail in that aspect of the game) I'm asking a question, How did the cows come to this decision? They don't seem to ask players who engage in that area of the game but instead seem to listen to the feedback of trolls who claim to know everything :?

#91 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:17

umm, just curious. i was looking through my extensions and i have all removed but 3, FS helper , refresh plus, and Active GS. FS helper is only used on this game, but the other 2 i use for almost everything i do on my computer. You guys going to start banning for everyday used extensions ? Because i dont see everyone removing all their extensions thats used for work and other games just to log in here.

Simply disable the other extensions when logged into the game.

Posted Image

#92 Ringhal

Ringhal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:21

Simply disable the other extensions when logged into the game. [/url]

It's only the scripts/addons that affect Fallen Sword.

#93 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:27

I applaud your move on this HCS!!!

Now if we can get you to do one little thing: Add to the game a map refresh that will refresh only the position of the titan and not the entire page/map. In preferences add a switch to turn it on and off. I ask because it gets quite tiring(Alright so I'm getting old!) to keep hitting a key every second or two to see if the titan has been killed and moved when you are sitting in your area on the other side of the map.

Posted Image

#94 astrallion

astrallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:39

Thanks me guys and gals! It was because of my account this security issue was dealt with asap. Lost all my PVP sets and hard earned fsps. You can see more details in my bio.

Any help will be highly appreciated especially with the gears, not that i'm begging or something, coz they were all sent to random accounts which were immediately removed. All those sets vanished into thin air. But nonetheless, i got my account back. I'll just have to do some extra hard work to get it going once again.

#95 fs_jackiet

fs_jackiet
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:44

Im sorry but i dont like this, and im not in one of the top titan hunting guilds. Titanstride was FAR from an unfair advantage, i personally think it made the titan hunting fairer. before LW and TS i could barely compete on all titans(including elemental) but after i was much faster and able to field more kills. the only people that like this seem to be the ones who failed at titan hunting even before these scripts or ones to lazy to put in some work and EARN tkp the hard way like some guilds do.

If you are going to ban these scripts it shouldnt be until the new map is fully installed and is our only choice, with the old map still in place i do not see anything changing within the titan hunting world...the same guilds will still dominate not because of scripts but because of there organization and teamwork.

#96 fs_jackiet

fs_jackiet
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:45

Thanks me guys and gals! It was because of my account this security issue was dealt with asap. Lost all my PVP sets and hard earned fsps. You can see more details in my bio.

Any help will be highly appreciated especially with the gears, not that i'm begging or something, coz they were all sent to random accounts which were immediately removed. All those sets vanished into thin air. But nonetheless, i got my account back. I'll just have to do some extra hard work to get it going once again.

thanks for using non-approved scripts!!sarcasm

#97 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:47

Question is why were you using an unapproved automation script(as implied in your bio) in the first place? And you want help from the community replacing your points and gear?!!

Posted Image

#98 deadjoe

deadjoe

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 18:01

Simply disable the other extensions when logged into the game.

Posted Image

Nice ideal, and may work for some, but i stayed logged on for about 8 hours a day, with multiple tabs open all day . A few games and about 10 tabs for work all using basic extensions , all it would take is one miss clicked tab and Boom , instant ban for one of my extensions i was using on another tab was still running? that would be harsh and very easy to forget about. Thats all im trying to figure out . Or if i had guild chat refresh on and was in another tab running an extension , would it register as the extension as being used in Fallen Sword also?

#99 Shibing

Shibing

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 18:04

seems they were not hard earned
:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

#100 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 18:07

Nice ideal, and may work for some, but i stayed logged on for about 8 hours a day, with multiple tabs open all day . A few games and about 10 tabs for work all using basic extensions , all it would take is one miss clicked tab and Boom , instant ban for one of my extensions i was using on another tab was still running? that would be harsh and very easy to forget about. Thats all im trying to figure out . Or if i had guild chat refresh on and was in another tab running an extension , would it register as the extension as being used in Fallen Sword also?

You realise you can just exclude www.fallensword.com from the scripts that you want to use elsewhere right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: