BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:45

Stupid double posting... :S

Limited to what WE deem acceptable to allow this feature to function. And it WILL be limited.

#82 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:46

Heck, we can easily put a limit of Auto sell slots per player per 24 hours. That would stop any attempts at total automation.

*Added to opening post of this idea.*

Now that makes sense... Not trying to be hard to get a long with.. Just I see things from different ways some times...

#83 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:48

Hi Grim,

In the original post by Hoof, I posted an idea that serves the purpose of Buff Market.

When you have a chance, please look at it because I don't think Hoof saw it.

The current Buff Market has a lot of factors that make it difficult for buyers and sellers to get what they want.

For example, buyers have to wait for sellers to approve in order to get buffs.

I'm proposing a Buff Market that works similar to the Auction House.

It allows the buyers to submit a request for the buffs they want then a seller can accept it.

Once it's accepted, the buffs get cast right away to the buyer.

From a seller's standpoint, they can post a buff or pack as many instances as they want.

When a buyer accepted a post, the buyer gets the bufffs and that post is gone.

This works similar to selling an item.

If you have 10 items, you do 10 posts.

There won't be any abuse with this system.

Hope I get a response this time.

Edited by beg2lose, 16 January 2014 - 14:50.

#84 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:56

Hi Grim,

In the original post by Hoof, I posted an idea that serves the purpose of Buff Market.

The current Buff Market has a lot of factors that make it difficult for buyers and sellers to get what they want.

It allows the buyers to submit a request for the buffs they want then a seller can accept it.

From a seller's standpoint, they can post a buff or pack as many instances as they want.

When a buyer accepted a post, that post is gone.

They won't be any abuse with this system.

Yea that is good, makes it similar to selling Gold ...

ie when you Request selling like 1m gold in "FSP Market" your post will be gone when someone accept it.

So you have to be active to keep posting your buffs even there's Auto accept :)

ie Request selling "Smashing Hammer" buff if someone accept it then it will be gone and you have to repost it..

1 request for each buff and add new upgrade so you could post same buff twice..etc

#85 Morbaeus

Morbaeus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:56

Two ideas to help get rid of the double payment problem:

If a player inadvertantly clicks the request button twice, use a pop-up to warn them of their mistake and ask for confirmation or denial. This way would work well with the auto-buffing idea from BigGrim.

Put a "Cancel Request" button in there in case of a double-click on a request. If you list each request made and place a "Cancel" button next to it, any single request could be cancelled (this alleviates the double payment problem). If a player is being a nuissance with this system, they should be able to be blocked from requesting buffs from a player via being iggied. This would work well with a reduction in the time allowed to accept a request.

Edited by Morbaeus, 16 January 2014 - 14:58.

#86 BFJ

BFJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 14:59

Why not just sell buffs from the system? another gold sink, seems to easy :)

#87 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:05

Why not just sell buffs from the system? another gold sink, seems to easy :)

Because that would destroy the Buff Market between players. Not happening.

#88 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:10

all i know is that for me the buff marketplace has been a joke...players listing buffs for outrageous prices, and sellers not responding....i have tried twice to use the system..both times hit the send request for a buff only to never hear back from the seller...no buufs..no answers from messages...complete waste of my time and effort...something needs to be fixed...

#89 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:14

Hi Grim,

When a buyer accepted a post, the buyer gets the bufffs and that post is gone.

There won't be any abuse with this system.

This is what I have been trying to get across for the system the entire time this has been on the original thread ideas - I'm a fan of this. 

#90 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:15

Because that would destroy the Buff Market between players. Not happening.

Not if you make purchasing the buffs expensive - as in close to FSP / stam cost. IE - SSI at 2 FSP/350k gold, will still have people looking to buy from players, but, if in a tight pinch, someone may purchase it. 

#91 stoneage

stoneage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:27

I have used this system and I did wait 10 minuets     (very long 10 minuets)    I think your suggestions is fair to both side      the seller perhaps  can control   about of stam  and the time  for buffing....   for instant    seller knows he will be afk at a certain time, set the time for buffing to stop when he is afk.    Also  I it would be better to only allow the requester one request at a time.    Request is sent...wait the 3 to 4 minuets....time expired   then system allows for a 2 request.  :)

#92 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:33

all i know is that for me the buff marketplace has been a joke...players listing buffs for outrageous prices, and sellers not responding....i have tried twice to use the system..both times hit the send request for a buff only to never hear back from the seller...no buufs..no answers from messages...complete waste of my time and effort...something needs to be fixed...

Did you read my suggestion above? If not, please do so. If you did, what is your suggestion to improve the system?

#93 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:33

It would be easy just to eliminate auto-refresh..that way you are either there or not there..after all..most automation is not allowed and auto-refresh shouldn't be allowed either..that would solve  the problem with the buff marketplace..then you can automatically get your buffs instead of waiting for their reply

#94 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:54

As a seller, I prefer having the ability to accept requests as they come in.

But if the system got changed to buyer control, I could live with it. However, that is total automation. Because you wouldn't be able to limit the number of times X package got bought since that would be unfair to the buyer not knowing that X package got bought X number of times in the past 24 hours. So you would set up your packages and the funds would flow in. Makes it very easy for sellers and buyers, but total automation.

#95 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:55

This is a problem of people not "Toggling" their buff packages and being lazy. If they simply toggled them off they would not display in the buff market listings. Easy way to fix this would be to have them toggle off automatically every 2-3 hours and have sellers toggle them back on.

#96 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 16:21

As a seller, I prefer having the ability to accept requests as they come in.

But if the system got changed to buyer control, I could live with it. However, that is total automation. Because you wouldn't be able to limit the number of times X package got bought since that would be unfair to the buyer not knowing that X package got bought X number of times in the past 24 hours. So you would set up your packages and the funds would flow in. Makes it very easy for sellers and buyers, but total automation.

We'll set instant sale as an option. And with a cap of instant sales in 24 hours, this cuts the automation right down. It'll stay at what we deem is acceptable.

#97 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 16:28

How would people feel about the buff packages auto buffing if the player has been active in the last ten minutes?

i don't want to see an auto buffing feature in the Buff Market..

being 'active' doesn't mean actually being at the computer.. with auto-refresh and global chat sitting being a norm among players, you have a chance of being auto buffed by a computer running by itself with no player behind it..

i'm strongly against this idea, no matter the limitations put behind it.

#98 WyldLibrarian

WyldLibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 16:31

I would give this a +1 with the provision of having a toggle to disable this while I am hunting or titan hunting or just don't want to have it active during final stamina build before hunting.

#99 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 January 2014 - 16:32

We'll set instant sale as an option. And with a cap of instant sales in 24 hours, this cuts the automation right down. It'll stay at what we deem is acceptable.

This turns the process from no automation to almost fully automated whether you have a 24 hour cap or not. What had great potential has turned exactly what I had expected it to and exactly as I said it would in the very beginning when this discussion was brought up. With the idea of instant cast (yes I do like the idea because how the marketplace is currently set up, a buy is left between a rock and a hard place when you need the buff quickly), you take out any social interaction that buff selling used to have. 24 hours is an extremely long time for instant sales, and it's very easy for an semi-retired player to log on one time every 24 hours to click a box to sell stamina for FSPs. 

Sorry - edited for double post.

Edited by Kedyn, 16 January 2014 - 16:32.

#100 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 16:34

If the buyer request an buff pack on buff market and the seller accept to sell, the buyer could receive an message warning if there is an buff on the buff pack s/he requested that is already actice on him/her(only if there were any/and telling what are those buffs already active you the char) asking if he does really want to buy the pack anyway. if yes deal will be made and if don't no deal.

I'm making this suggestion because I've seen that sometimes when buying some buffs [even one buff at a time] some players goes offline(even for few minutes) and others sell buffs fast, and them after being buffed the first seller sometimes return and accept the deal with exactaly same buff that is already active and won't be casted on the char because sb else already buffef him/her, but the buyer still spends gold or fsp.

Edited by Kbyte, 16 January 2014 - 16:41.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: