102 replies to this topic

#81 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 22:20

I just love the fact that killing creeps is too much for someone who that is all they do. Now, so that we don't perceive too large a gap for new players, someone's suggested a 'dark side' to level that would parallel the current leveling world. I hate to break it but the 'dark side' being mentioned already exists; it's considered attacking other players and called PvP. Enjoy it before it is completely morphed unrecognizable by today's definition.

See no "dark side" mate. Just part of the game.

Cheers.

wil72

#82 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:08

I don't the idea of creating classes, the main idea of FS is that you can be anything any time you want, and should stay that way.

Luis, I agree that everyone should try PvP, but we really need to put an end on the Levelling Loop, or start a new one. If the game stop at level 2500 and don't create new maps/dark side/whatever a lot of players will stop playing because what they do (just press 1234r every once in a while) will die, so for the health of the game we need something, and keep going creating maps for lvl 4000+ is insane.

#83 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:02

I just love the fact that killing creeps is too much for someone who that is all they do. Now, so that we don't perceive too large a gap for new players, someone's suggested a 'dark side' to level that would parallel the current leveling world. I hate to break it but the 'dark side' being mentioned already exists; it's considered attacking other players and called PvP. Enjoy it before it is completely morphed unrecognizable by today's definition.

as wil said, just part of the game the pvp side, hardly too much for me either, hardly too much for most as they keep doing it, for new players daunting seems rational ;)

EDIT: never been a great idea, but you yourself want content kept being churned out so we level infinitely if we are to keep spending stamina in a leveling way in sword? i dont have a better idea, dev's will keep going in the direction they are going.

if we spent all our time pvping and releveling that sounds like headbanging to me, if i dont have buffs or something else to work for as im leveling that is headbanging too, that is basically what im saying ... also saying.

Edited by Undjuvion, 03 August 2014 - 06:10.

#84 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:22

How about at level 2176 you could begin a quest .. in which we learn that

Giggles is actually Hoofs father..

41658ea59249337917c0a6b439f5897cf8.jpgAnd upon completion of this quest you are deleveled  all the way to level 1.

But HCS continues to churn out new levels.  When you RELEVEL all the way to a level 2177 quest, you then learn that you dreamed your first FS experience. And Hoofs father is the God that the Temple Gods are praying to!  How about that ya'll :) That would be EPIC!

noooo-o.gif

Edited by bloody18, 03 August 2014 - 08:45.

#85 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:34

How about at level 2176 you could begin a quest .. in which we learn that

Giggles is actually Hoofs father..

41658ea59249337917c0a6b439f5897cf8.jpgAnd upon completion of this quest you are deleveled  all the way to level 1.

But HCS continues to churn out new levels.  When you RELEVEL all the way to a level 2177 quest, you then learn that you dreamed your first FS experience. And Hoofs father is the God that the Temple Gods are praying too!  How about that ya'll :) That would be EPIC!

noooo-o.gif

Can I suggest that you cut back on whatever you're smoking ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#86 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:38

Can I suggest that you cut back on whatever you're smoking ? ;)

lmao =)  Imagine the madness..... 

#87 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:57

[1]

The games center spotlight is the loot, it's 2014, it's time to make it more interactive, give us 3d/2d models allow us to create our characters appearance and allow us to show off our armour like modern dungeon crawler games....when we fight monsters give us real 3d/2d battling [optional of course], visuals is what this game is missing and I know it might not be the popular choice among current players but we gotta be real this game needs to adapt that means streamlining the game for the better

[2]

the main thing that throws players off is the stamina system, alot of people hate facebook games because of this and in all honesty facebook games know how to make a quick buck...we need to find a betta way to distribute stamina to keep players coming back to the game more then a couple times a week...I mean you'd make more money with 1,000's of players...then you would with 100's....with 1000's of levels and more coming it's a great time to take advantage of it

[3]

support has given this game bad reviews throughout the net from banning for no reason, to favoring specific guilds true or not people need to know that hunted cow is flying straight

these 3 things are major reasons why population is dying off and why few newcomers are joining also doesn't help you stopped supporting sigmastorm with some polish and the new navigation system it could have easily been revamped and be thriving allowing people waiting for stamina on here to hop over there and play...kinda shows what the fate this game has coming. 

some of the ideas are obviously people's selfish wants...were looking at whats needed to thrive here as a whole

Edited by xAnonemesisx, 03 August 2014 - 09:24.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#88 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 August 2014 - 19:42

I really disagree on the graphics aspect. I like the idea of making your own avi to represent yourself. I do not mind updating monster graphics to a higher standard but all graphics do one thing slow down a game.   I have played games with fancy graphics and yeah cool to look at but left me feeling  not wanting to play no more. The reason I had no control of my character movements much until battle is done.  I love this game for the aspect of community, hcs willing to work with community to make improvements and the simplicity of game.  

Stamina games can be difficult but I have played where games stamina was reset the same each time of day. I left those games like it was mentioned in another thread that some time zones have an advantage over others in those structures. Yeah stamina is like watching moss grow on a stone, but the fact is here if you want it bad enough there is the buying option.  I really support hcs structure of stamina as it is. Though I feel at times there should be a potion to accelerate what you have coming back tad faster.

I like to see more players but the best way would be helping players understand that the game is not impossible to play.  I nearly quit when I started. I thought my first 99 levels of the game was a drag.  I thought well if I am not able to level up I join the raiding game aspect.  I know how game used to be rather lively on attacks in all areas of pvping, gvging, bb, and plain gold stealing.  Looting when I started was the big deal. I see we have slowed down some.  I think once  these areas are updated or at least caught up to the rest of the game, players will come back.

I am currently  seeing many players waking up.  I think as long as improvements keep moving forward game will as well. Many players play the game because of the style of the game.  I sure hope we get some updated programs and graphics to keep game functioning well not lagging and such.  I will be honest that the fancier graphic style games are not my style unless I go to arcade or have the game boxes I play on.  I play here more because I love fs community of players. The diversity keeps me coming back.  Thank you and please do not take my comment as rant it is not,  just this players humble opinion. :P  

Edited by bigchaos, 05 August 2014 - 19:46.

#89 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 21:49

I really disagree on the graphics aspect. I like the idea of making your own avi to represent yourself. I do not mind updating monster graphics to a higher standard but all graphics do one thing slow down a game.   I have played games with fancy graphics and yeah cool to look at but left me feeling  not wanting to play no more. The reason I had no control of my character movements much until battle is done.  I love this game for the aspect of community, hcs willing to work with community to make improvements and the simplicity of game.  

Stamina games can be difficult but I have played where games stamina was reset the same each time of day. I left those games like it was mentioned in another thread that some time zones have an advantage over others in those structures. Yeah stamina is like watching moss grow on a stone, but the fact is here if you want it bad enough there is the buying option.  I really support hcs structure of stamina as it is. Though I feel at times there should be a potion to accelerate what you have coming back tad faster.

I like to see more players but the best way would be helping players understand that the game is not impossible to play.  I nearly quit when I started. I thought my first 99 levels of the game was a drag.  I thought well if I am not able to level up I join the raiding game aspect.  I know how game used to be rather lively on attacks in all areas of pvping, gvging, bb, and plain gold stealing.  Looting when I started was the big deal. I see we have slowed down some.  I think once  these areas are updated or at least caught up to the rest of the game, players will come back.

I am currently  seeing many players waking up.  I think as long as improvements keep moving forward game will as well. Many players play the game because of the style of the game.  I sure hope we get some updated programs and graphics to keep game functioning well not lagging and such.  I will be honest that the fancier graphic style games are not my style unless I go to arcade or have the game boxes I play on.  I play here more because I love fs community of players. The diversity keeps me coming back.  Thank you and please do not take my comment as rant it is not,  just this players humble opinion. :P  

+1 googleplex

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#90 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:21

the graphics aspect would be optional as in combat animation...the game structure would stay the same of course slaying 1000's of monsters, we don't all want to sit and watch our characters kill each monster 1 by 1 the reason you'd add the graphic animation is to show the armour/weapons off people love killing things so seeing the monsters in 3d/2d as your character rips them apart would be great, people also thrive on making bad ass looking characters  which is also where updated character profiles come in I want to show off my loot as this game is a loot based game it's important, your not going to get alot more people flying with the same old concept theres a reason this game is dying and its because it doesn't adapt, it adapted ones and people came back for a while, now that people are leaving again its time to push the envelope once again, and with respect I say to everyone, this isn't about what one person thinks, it's about whats best for business, graphics are everything in the gaming world yes people will say gameplay is key but were talking about from a marketing standpoint if a new game came out like fallensword with better graphics...this game would have alot less people, the only reason it's stayed afloat is because theres no other games like it otherwise it'd be dead in the water a long time ago 

#91 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 19:35

I really dislike the word what is good for business. To be honest games need players that is what is good for business. Graphics do not bring players all the time.  Some good examples of this is movies.  Have you ever been to a movie with the best graphics and it had the worst story-line? I think even better yet is a movie with no graphics but regular images and had such a rich story-line you had to see how it ended.  To me graphics is like frosting on a cake.  Cake is the game content.  I have a hard time enjoying a cake with tons of frosting and no cake.  

I am from the generation of Atari, Coleco, and first edition of Nintendo games.  I ponder the thought of graphics is best for business when those games come out.  We all look at the games now and say yup sad graphics but back then game was cool to play.  My point is games that are good in business are not always graphic games.  Word games online most do not have great graphics do well.  It is up to hcs to decide how they feel about their work. 

I like to give the staff of hcs on this thread a big compliment on how well they are doing. :wub:   I can say for myself graphics does not hold me to a game.  I can say seeing my gear all bloody does not hold me to a game either.  I can say all pvping in a game is another thing that does not hold me to a game.   I will say good response to my questions from staff and repairs to a game does.  I will state solid game content that works well is important to me.  I will state player diversity is another important factor.  In this player humble opinion having staff of a game like hcs playing the game and working wtih community really impresses me as a player.  Keep up the good work here and letting us players know of updates is very good for business work.  :D

I know this is not about me but the community and I hope the community keeps on responding. I am here to say all graphics are not  evil. I feel it is up to hcs to decide if they feel they need to step up graphics or not.  I am thinking that we may need a thread on what keeps you playing here on fs. ;)

Edited by bigchaos, 06 August 2014 - 19:38.

#92 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 20:18

Personally, I think upping the graphic level of the game would be majorly DETRIMENTAL to the game ....

The game is slow enough to perform at times as it is without massively increasing the overhead caused by flashy new graphics

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#93 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 21:33

Current EOC players have put a LOT of time, effort and resources into getting there. Believe it or not it was tough to get to EOC (at least it was for me personally). If a game is reset to level 1 for all irrespective of what level they reached prior to the reset I think it would be fair for EOC players to be a bit disillusioned.

To be frank (insert joke here), Belaric, aren't EOCer's a bit disillusioned with the lather, rinse, repeat as it is?  I sure know I would be.  An FS II could be a wonderful idea; doesn't mean FS has to khack.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#94 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:41

There are more people with updated computers that can run this game no problem then there are the few on here who can't...seriously it's 2014...I don't know what you people spend your money on but if you can afford internet you can afford to buy a modern computer for $200-$300...theres really no use being able to play a game...if it's going to be dead, a few years this will be sigmastorm unless hunted cow makes necessary changes, otherwise it will be the same 600 players everyday until we all die..which is stupid 

#95 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:18

There are more people with updated computers that can run this game no problem then there are the few on here who can't...seriously it's 2014...I don't know what you people spend your money on but if you can afford internet you can afford to buy a modern computer for $200-$300...theres really no use being able to play a game...if it's going to be dead, a few years this will be sigmastorm unless hunted cow makes necessary changes, otherwise it will be the same 600 players everyday until we all die..which is stupid 

Hmmm.... how can I put this?

FS is NOT dying... There are many of us that have been here from the beginning, and we will continue playing till HCS pulls down their servers... Just based on what I regularly spend as an average, HCS is pulling in the big bucks on this game, and I don't think they will abandon a winner... Sure, there are things that need to be done, but there always will be, no matter how many man-hours they put in... Since FS is an open-ended game, there will always be improvements and upgrades that need to be accomplished...  I think HCS does a pretty good job of keeping up considering how many games they are actually running.

Just my 2 Pennys

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#96 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 15:53

To be frank (insert joke here), Belaric, aren't EOCer's a bit disillusioned with the lather, rinse, repeat as it is?  I sure know I would be.  An FS II could be a wonderful idea; doesn't mean FS has to khack.

DP

Speaking personally - No. I like levelling, always have, like my stats going up, like having a huge cushion of skill points to spend as I please, like seeing my XP and my guild XP going up. Sitting at one level with over 1000+ levels of shiny unexplored content above me seems madness, to be honest, but that style of play does seem to float other player's boats - the great thing about FS is it accommodates all styles. And if anyone is disillusioned by lather rinse repeat it would be of a different order to the level of disillusionment that would strike if say the game were suddenly reset, and all the work done to get to EOC was washed away. Getting to EOC is an achievement and it does confer advantages - you can always get the newest highest level gear/titans/SE/legendary/spine mobs, your stamina is freed to do anything in the game in addition to levelling when new content comes out, you are a boss GXP generator for your guild. You have the highest level buffs... which at the moment is true for anyone within 575 levels of EOC, but hey ho - the principle was there.

I wonder if your (DP's) perspective is that the game would be better if the game were reset and the advantages the EOC segment of the community enjoy were erased. That is the sense I get, I could be wrong, and you can correct my misapprehension. In my case if such an action were taken my motivation to start again with no advantage conferred from my previous hard work would be very limited, for I would feel aggrieved that what I had worked for had been taken unfairly from me by such a reset. (Not that I see any inclination on HCS's part to entertain such an idea - thankfully). This is separate from the idea of ascending characters, which again - I do not think would work very well in this game system, or at least no reasonable interesting alternative to the status quo of open ended content has yet to be suggested. I'm cool with open content.

IF a FS2 started up and we all started from scratch there, fair enough. I think that would be a good idea, especially if on a fully mobile platform. With all the ideas for content and features already in existence in FS, the mobile version would have loads of content fast, and 'updates' that are just imports of existing ideas from the original game. HCS could look like rockstars to players of a mobile FS2. Just sayin'. But do they have the resources for such an endeavour?? I think the original game probably would wither as a result, but it could be argued it might get more traffic from peopled drawn in by the mobile version. We have not seen an Eldevin bump. Or have we??? LOL!

I think Undjuvion earlier referenced the fact that levelling is now a bit like headbanging as there is much less incentive to do so.

All HCS has to do to incentivise the high level crowd is introduce some level 2000 buffs, and promise the next set at 2400. Voila! Instant motivation to level from 1600 to 2000, and from 2000 up. We have shown we can go huge gaps between buff releases, lets take advantage but still produce a realistic goal. Even go 2000 for one set and 2500 for the next. Any form of carrot will do. The buff names and presumably ideas for their mechanics have been around for a long time - you can look them up in the AH under the grants buff tab. All HCS has to do is introduce some of them at 2000, and promise more at 2500. Keep some buffs spare for potion only and for composing only (as incentives for those areas of the game), but new buffs for high level players will motivate many, I think. Coding buffs must be a PITA by now, which I assume is why it has not been done. Interesting and non-game breaking buff ideas are still being made on the buff thread - give them a try!

So: in open letter to the cows style.

1) Introduce new high level buffs ASAP - it would invigorate the entire game. You know this. This is not a roadmap issue - this is a core game function issue and so can supersede roadmap priorities in my opinion.

2) Really think about removing the Players Online Graphs, or the registered vs playing info on your home page - you are just advertising your lack of numbers, which surely can't be smart - unless you think the bait and switch effect of not having the numbers there and letting players join and start playing only to find small communities online is worse. Your call, your company, your business strategy. And maybe it is a statutory requirement to have registered and active numbers up there somewhere, I don't know. 

Edited by Belaric, 10 August 2014 - 16:02.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#97 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:12

My whole stance has been that content is far too slow for far too great a climb to reach EOC. I've never argued for content past what is roughly the halfway point to be accellerated.

The best thing to help this game would be to boost the amount of xp mobs from 1-400 and 422-940 give drastically. Having xp/gold events every two weeks on random days (Mon-Thurs to incentivize activity during mid week without warning from time to time) Simple 10-25% bonuses to reward people who are regularly active can go a long way on top of this.

...Sitting at one level with over 1000+ levels of shiny unexplored content above me seems madness, to be honest

Edited by Gutie, 15 August 2014 - 21:14.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#98 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 August 2014 - 23:06

My whole stance has been that content is far too slow for far too great a climb to reach EOC. I've never argued for content past what is roughly the halfway point to be accellerated.

The best thing to help this game would be to boost the amount of xp mobs from 1-400 and 422-940 give drastically. Having xp/gold events every two weeks on random days (Mon-Thurs to incentivize activity during mid week without warning from time to time) Simple 10-25% bonuses to reward people who are regularly active can go a long way on top of this.

This isn't about the currently active it's about drawing in new players, we could have all 700 players at EOC and it doesn't change the fact that the game isn't drawing in the numbers that it could be, it doesn't matter if EOC players stay or go what's important is bringing new players to the game, if your a EOC you either have alot of time on your hands, alot of money, or you rode your way to the top with a top guild, that's not a insult just the truth if you love the game that much then present better ideas then what HCS can do for yourself, but for the whole community. 

#99 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 23:52

This isn't about the currently active it's about drawing in new players, we could have all 700 players at EOC and it doesn't change the fact that the game isn't drawing in the numbers that it could be, it doesn't matter if EOC players stay or go what's important is bringing new players to the game, if your a EOC you either have alot of time on your hands, alot of money, or you rode your way to the top with a top guild, that's not a insult just the truth if you love the game that much then present better ideas then what HCS can do for yourself, but for the whole community. 

I don't see how an XP boost for the first 940 levels would help a level 1700 player.

Anyway, I think Gutie's suggestion is a valid one. You are correct. it IS about drawing in new players. If you joined, why would you want to still play? The level 2Ks have years of play time on you. If players could get up to 940 faster, maybe they would feel like they have a chance? My opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, as I am under level 940. I don't, however, see a real counterargument to Gutie's suggestion

Edited by pinkdude, 18 August 2014 - 23:52.

#100 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:41

I love how that I suggested regular 10-25% xp/gold weekends that would benefit everyone not just "what HCS can do for yourself"... My whole aspect for posting idea and suggestions has consistently been about player retention.

Brining back FS banner ads can go a long way for getting new players. I made a thread asking about who came to this game from the banner ads of the dragon breathing fire on the sword back in 08-11.... a lot of people cited they did....

I've even suggested a supporters thing for FS to run similar to Eldevin's equivalent which could be then in turn used directly and specifically just for improving FS, like hiring another coder to help hoof with all the work he's trying to get done. (.php is a hassle to code a lot of things with).

Accellerating content for the first half of it would be a huge aspect.

I don't see how an XP boost for the first 940 levels would help a level 1700 player.

Anyway, I think Gutie's suggestion is a valid one. You are correct. it IS about drawing in new players. If you joined, why would you want to still play? The level 2Ks have years of play time on you. If players could get up to 940 faster, maybe they would feel like they have a chance? My opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, as I am under level 940. I don't, however, see a real counterargument to Gutie's suggestion

This is the key aspect why I think content needs to be accellerated. EOC people most reached End of content years ago. It's a real drain as is to get to level 900, let alone 2200.... IF one gives players a draw of the content and a number of the features that reaching the mid game enntails by making it not a total CHORE to constantly do so..... A lot more will stick around.

Boosting the base max stamina for everyone to 2000 instead of 500 can also do a lot to address issues, just as expanding the base BP slots from 3 to 10 helped a lot with things this can also negate a lot of issues with player retention.

Things like minor tweaks or improvements like this will go a long way to set people to go further in the game. Combine these two suggestions people will find staying around a lot more palatable.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: