Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:11

I like how high it is. currently, its the most challenging thing in the game.

I agree on some of the achievements. Not everything has to be gained in a few days. Like medals it may take a while before you get them.
The kill streak and buffs achievements for example can take a nice while until a guild gets them (the buffs achievement is probably the easiest to get unless you actively try to get the kill streak one).

But some other achievements are a bit too high aimed. I doubt we'll ever see a guild with 50k group attacks. As an example, my guild is around 100 members of which 90% is fairly active. It 'only' has around 12k creatures killed through groups prior to the release of these achievements and I guess the average guild member has been a member for 2 years. So that's an average of 6k kills per year, meaning it will take 8 years and 4 months to get this achievement for a fairly big and active guild with fairly normal gameplay.
As another example, my guild currently has 30 group kills in the last 44 hours (since the achievements have been released). At that rate we'll get that achievement in 8 years and 4 months and 2 weeks (I guess not much has changed in the last 2 years in terms of group kills :wink: ).

So unless a guild has a member with 100k max stamina, who is willing to hunt some rats with groups (using 2 mercs) and who will use all of that 100k stamina 10 times (which will take a full year with maximum stam gain), or 20 random members who stop their other activities altogether and actively go rat hunting with groups for at least a month straight, I don't see any guild getting this achievement in the next 5-10 years. :roll:

Well... maybe one or two guilds... as there is some sort of respect earned for being first apparently. :roll:
But it will be the least achieved achievement in of these five by far... :cry:

Also I think it would have been better if there is some way that smaller guilds have to get less kills/buffs than bigger guilds.
And of course a system that prevents abuse of the lower amounts.

Maybe make it that a guild below a certain amount of players (30?) has to get X amount of kills/buffs, between that amount of players and some second amount of players (75?) has to get 2 times X amount of kills/buffs and above that second amount needs to have 3 times X amount of kills/buffs, and that if a guild grows it will lose the achievements if it had already gotten the one for the smaller guild, but doesn't yet has enough kills/buffs required for the higher tier. That way guilds won't go as far as to get the required numbers of kills/buffs for the achievements, then kick a lot of members so they become a smaller guild with reduced requirements for the achievements and thus automatically get the achievements and then invite their members back in. :roll:

Just a suggestion. Is there anyway you guys can add a tracker for it? Like show the progress each member individually has done. For example show how many vermin each member has killed.

That would be nice.
Maybe it can be put in the Guild Advisor or on the Achievement View page itself.
Even if/when we get many extra achievements then it might become a fairly big list, but with a decent lay-out it can still be good (just like the medal progress page has lots of medals to show but still is very usable). 8)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#82 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:11

The amounts for the achievements are too high, in my opinion. Could we shoot for more realistic numbers?

As for the donation potion, should be interesting with AH prices. some hard to make sets / inventable epics are going to drop in value.

As for the 4 new inventable potions, I like it a lot. great addition to the game. Some of those sets were really starting to bother me in the caves. unless I got a perfect drop, I was just nuking them. Even with perfect drops, the game gets flooded with it and it's not worth anything.

I would have preferred to see PERSONAL achievements BEFORE guild achievements. That would have boosted online numbers overnight and going forward.

#83 Qilon

Qilon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:41

just wondering regarding, [unstoppable]

if we have Summon Shield Imp on, will the died Imp reset the the achievement counter or it will as it's suppose to save our as... our player from losing! :-) have to confirm this, thanks!

#84 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:14

just wondering regarding, [unstoppable]

if we have Summon Shield Imp on, will the died Imp reset the the achievement counter or it will as it's suppose to save our as... our player from losing! :-) have to confirm this, thanks!

If the Imp saves your member from dying then the counter continues.
If you run out of Imps (or didn't use one) and your player dies then the counter resets to 0.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#85 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:18

wow, we get a few new pots,some achievements that are good too and some of you start trashing them. LMFAO, the 500 invent is too strong, we should have just got a medal instead of guild slot.,,,DO YOU CRY OVER EVERY SINGLE THING IN REAL LIFE TOO...get a life will you..AND THANKS COW THESE ARE GOOD INCENTIVES FOR ALL OF US,,RED

#86 nick7414

nick7414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 19:30

HCS you should make our personal achievements give us max stamina, back pack, spaces and +1 stam gain. that would help people want to play the game more too.

#87 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2012 - 19:53

wow, we get a few new pots,some achievements that are good too and some of you start trashing them. LMFAO, the 500 invent is too strong, we should have just got a medal instead of guild slot.,,,DO YOU CRY OVER EVERY SINGLE THING IN REAL LIFE TOO...get a life will you..AND THANKS COW THESE ARE GOOD INCENTIVES FOR ALL OF US,,RED

+1

#88 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2012 - 22:57

If you dont like the numbers needed for the achievements, or the rewards, then dont try and get them? just a thought.

Nice addition to the game, look forward to seeing the other achievements!

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#89 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:33

If you dont like the numbers needed for the achievements, or the rewards, then dont try and get them? just a thought.

Or players can nicely make suggestions how it can be improved according to them. :wink:

Prophet    
Warrior  

#90 Thriceborn

Thriceborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:55

If people have opinions, why should they not present them? I see plenty of praise and some reasonable, constructive criticism, but no "trashing".

All good creators need (and want!) helpful criticism, and this open thread is surely the place for it.

#91 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:49

Nice addition to the game, look forward to seeing the other achievements!

Well giving our opinions publicly on the forums gives HCS a chance to see how the community feels and really takes some pressure and any backlash off them when they implement new achievements because they wont necessarily be saying "this number might work here" more so than "ok this is reasonable to get with a decent amount of teamwork".

#92 silkyplay

silkyplay

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:30

I have read every post on this subject and just want to say I have mixed feelings....

I want to say first I enjoy the game and I am glad that HCS comes out with things to keep the game going. Yeah I would say mayb in some areas the game has died and FSP cost to much and small guild cant do this but lets take a moment and say this::::

IT IS A GAME WE CHOOSE TO PLAY.

We are not going to like everything we will hate some parts and complain and I also feel that no matter what.............

IT IS A GAME WE CHOOSE TO PLAY.

I think we are all addicts of the game so we must like something about it or else we would find a new addiction.

SO.......

In Closing.....

Great Job Cows for keeping us Addicts!!!!!!

#93 silkyplay

silkyplay

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:44

The guild 'Resurrection' has completed the achievement 'Unstoppable'
Unstoppable
Get a combined guild kill streak of 50,000...............

Congrats.....

Darn it I wanted to be first.....

#94 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:45

horray for killing 50K rats!!! wish i had the time and stam to do so hahaha

#95 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:02

The Image on the guild achievements once you've accomplished it and shows up on your guilds achievement section is WAY too large. It looks ridiculous. Needs to be shrunk to mini box size. If people stack up the achievements it will look even more ridiculous. Should be about the size of the guild structure images.

#96 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:07

The Image on the guild achievements once you've accomplished it and shows up on your guilds achievement section is WAY too large. It looks ridiculous. Needs to be shrunk to mini box size. If people stack up the achievements it will look even more ridiculous. Should be about the size of the guild structure images.

Nah it is fine ... you just got to get used to it. Centering it might look better tough.

Since the achievement will personalise the look of a guild page once more have been added and only 10 can be chosen. Thats why I find it good that they are a bit bigger. You can show everyone what your guild is all about.

#97 Mowglik

Mowglik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:52

We've just added the first 5 guild achievements to the game!

They are as follows:

Posted Image
Unstoppable
Get a combined guild kill streak of 50,000.
Reward: +1 Guild Store Slot.
~ The Fallen Sword Team

Can we have notification about this off from guild log? Or have option on User Interface?

really good idea... not necessary to overload guild log :wink:

The first & second are online 24/24 :

1st : ======>>>  http://rfsa.atwebpages.com/ <<<======
2sd :======>>> http://rfsa.eu5.net <<<======

3rd :  ====>>> http://rfsa.000webhostapp.com/FS/ <<<====
so, this last one is free too, BUT every day, around 05:00 A.M., the web site will be in sleep for 1 hour.

#98 fs_spudulike

fs_spudulike
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:30

natives too :D

#99 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:08

natives too :D

LOL, that's a bit like a global quest really ;)

#100 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:09

Overall I think Guild Achievements are a great addition, it brings the guilds players together to achieve something.

Personally I think that
- Medals are for personal progress
- Achievements are for guild progress

I don't believe there is a need for player achievements, just add 'more' medals

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: