Photo

Suggestion: PvP Protection Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (625 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Voted Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players). (186 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

2. Voted Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects. (84 votes [13.44%])

Percentage of vote: 13.44%

3. Voted Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. (355 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote

#81 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:43

Keep the protection but lower the gold. Heck, even have it 'tax' you a little when you hunt with the protection on. The gold to me isn't the issue, it is the xp. You can't gain xp from hitting people (other than the prestige bonus and I'm not even taking that into consideration since it doesn't balance out) - so to me pvp has no purpose other than stealing gold and pissing people off.

I know of at least one person in the last 2 months who left the game because of PvP. She wasn't one to carry lots of gold so what was the real reason she was being hit? The hitter knew it bothered her and was getting his or her jollies from making my friend miserable. She never told anyone why she was leaving, until after she had gone for a while. I wish she'd told someone sooner what was going on so maybe someone could have intervened. Heck, I'd have given her the dots to buy the protection for a little while because I value her companionship in the game more than I do the lil purple bouncy balls.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all PvP is bad. Just -sometimes- some people are nasty to others just to be nasty. The case with my friend is an extreme case. There are plenty of PvPers who are nice folk, however the ones who are rotten are ruining the game for everyone on BOTH sides of the discussion because the ones who bully and harass cast a pall over it for the rest. They're the ones that everyone thinks of when they think of PvP, and THEY are the ones that make PvP protection in just about any form enticing for those who don't want to put up with it.

Just my 2 cents.

and thats the point i tried to make i have seen it myself i almost quit myself for the same reason till pvp protection game out and have had it since ..if i am hit cause i have too much gold then i dont mind that it was my own stupidity for letting the gold get that high but to be constantly hrly smacked isnt nice

#82 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:45

If pvp is just for gold i see nothing wrong with it as everyone can move it most time but when you want to put some PRIZE for smashing everyone that was kinda a no brainer as to what the results were gonna be.

#83 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

hoof the problem you have isnt about all the pvpers some play the game with good morals and are respectful but there has and always will be the odd few who are bullies within a game like they are in real life and hound someone constantly hr after hr is that what you had in mind when you thought of pvp? drop the gold after all its what the pvpers want isnt it? or are some willing to walk up and say nah i dont care of the gold i want to just take a persons xp they took weeks gaining in afew hits?

drop it to a max of 2 million held gold that should please most no cornering the mp then or have pvp protection protect xp like a constant xp lock and not gold like i said personally i dont care if they take the gold ..

If a few bullies are as big of a problem as you say ... why not just ban them? Lowering the pvp protection upgrade would be a very good idea though ...

because pvp is part of the game and if someone so wished they could 100 stam smack 24 times a day for a month and be within the rules ..even though the game rules state you cant hinder a persons enjoyment of the game or words to that effect .. pvp has the loop hole

I've seen this happen a lot of times over the years (more when I started playing and spent my time between a lot of level 1-100 players).
There were some PvPers who would demand payment for not hitting, or found it funny to hourly 100 stam someone so he/she couldn't get out of range. Quite a few players in that guild I was in back then quit over it.
Luckily most PvPers have more curtousy, but if someone wants to pay for not participating in a game's aspect then I won't stop him/her. After all it sinks FSPs (which will lead to more income for HCS) and it leads to more joy in the game for that player. 8)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#84 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

That is nonsense -wish some players who I have watched buying & selling points steadily as a means to income would come in here & own up to the deed -so you can see it's not the imagination running wild. I'd post names of 3 I have seen pass through if it were allowed. I watched the market & there gold amounts closely..and mugged their @$$'s when they crossed the protection line proudly :P

#85 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:46

Hoof,

I'm not trying to derail this poll, but I think some clarification is in order. You are only asking about PvP protection, correct? Part 2 isn't going to be, by the way, all 100 stam hits count towards Smasher Medal since we lowered the price of PvP protection?

*edit* added "100 stam"

#86 Grimmhawk

Grimmhawk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:46

If it is removed can you look into adding a structure so guild members can hit each other? It can maybe get some interested in pvp that normally wouldn't try it and also work as a gold sink with upkeep.

#87 Llamedos

Llamedos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:48

Wouldn't it be better to open up a "new world" or probably "new areas" that would be totally PvP where anyone can go regardless of level and seek out targets to PvP within their level band, at least that way PvP will seem to be a bit of a hunt rather than just logging on and selecting targets from a console screen to hit.
I'd much rather have the hunt then the kill, rather than just the kill (as I do when I go out hunting things in RL).

Just food for thought.

Although I do expect that no players would even consider it as a viable option for PvP.

#88 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:48

wow fast thread. remove all protection, including the 5 level bounty level loss for those over aggressive pvpers who want to bully. a happy medium will be once again attained: pvp bullying = a tonne of dleveling parties (do those exist anymore).
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#89 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:49

absolutely get rid of it .Pvp protection has no place in the game. Every player in the game can get rid of gold or control the amount of it they have on hand. Allowing protection will continue to allow Marketplace manipulation.

Of the people I know with PvP protection no one got it to keep their gold safe. They just didn't want to lose the XP.

Would you have any issue then with protection simply protecting XP and 0 ( ZERO) gold?

If you mean reducing the current protection to 0 then yes, because that would make the entire PvP protection end if someone has 1 gold.
On the other hand, if it would mean that PvP protection would always protect your current XP, but never your gold then I'm a bit more in favour of it. Though I would increase the gold to something like 500k or so. At least players can then buy and sell 1 or 2 FSPs without having to worry too much. And a 500k limit won't get people to manipulate the MP. :wink:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#90 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:50

Wouldn't it be better to open up a "new world" or probably "new areas" that would be totally PvP where anyone can go regardless of level and seek out targets to PvP within their level band, at least that way PvP will seem to be a bit of a hunt rather than just logging on and selecting targets from a console screen to hit.
I'd much rather have the hunt then the kill, rather than just the kill (as I do when I go out hunting things in RL).

Just food for thought.

Although I do expect that no players would even consider it as a viable option for PvP.

Really? are we 14 year olds who play that other game?
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#91 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

absolutely get rid of it .Pvp protection has no place in the game. Every player in the game can get rid of gold or control the amount of it they have on hand. Allowing protection will continue to allow Marketplace manipulation.

Of the people I know with PvP protection no one got it to keep their gold safe. They just didn't want to lose the XP.

Would you have any issue then with protection simply protecting XP and 0 ( ZERO) gold?

I for one wouldn't have any issue at all with that.

I do use the pvp protection from time to time.
I've also had someone hit me, when I let it lapse and hadn't realized it was down while I had a bunch of gold on me. Master Thievery went off. Funny thing is, that didn't bother me. I hated losing the Xp, but the gold, oh well. I actually complimented the person who hit me for all the work s/he put into catching me out in the open and on the luck of having MT go off. It wasn't random, and even though I'm not into PvP I could appreciate the time and actual effort the player put in to actually get a swing at me.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#92 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Then they are fools if they also carry millions in gold .And you need to remember some players have made themselves targets by their actions and words ,yet now they have the ability to hide from it. that is fundamentally wrong.

#93 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:51

Just food for thought.

Wouldn't be enough people, because pvping has been tarnished in the game. plus, the "bullies" or masters of pvping keep others out. Same can be said of arena ... hence why I don't bother.

#94 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:51

Just food for thought.

You mean you'd have to be in the same area like just about every other game out there? Perish the thought.

#95 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:53

wow fast thread. remove all protection, including the 5 level bounty level loss for those over aggressive pvpers who want to bully. a happy medium will be once again attained: pvp bullying = a tonne of dleveling parties (do those exist anymore).

your naive if you think that. ANY bounty that has been placed since the BB change has resulted in at least 1 level lost. in many cases the the full 5 levels, some of which were only 10 stam hits.

What was the result? no one bothers to 10 hit anymore, because they are going to lose the full 5 levels anyways, so I might as well get the smasher hit + try to get as much gold as I can.

#96 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:54

And as long as pvp is up for nomination, how`s bout putting some pudding in the pie here....Say, if you win an incoming battle while on the BB it takes like 10 times xp from the one doing the bounty....now i can get some excitment from this

#97 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:54

And you need to remember some players have made themselves targets by their actions and words ,yet now they have the ability to hide from it. that is fundamentally wrong.

Sometimes it's PvPers who bully a person. If PvP protection would be removed then they can never escape a bully. That would be equally fundamentally wrong in my opinion. :?

Prophet    
Warrior  

#98 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:55

Rye: Add my name to your "list", if you didn't already know it.

Who cares???

I've freely admitted it's the best way I've found to offset the cost of the PvP Protection I purchase. Frankly, it can be a pain. It takes a lot of work to earn up 100 FSPs. Most days nothing moves at all. Sometimes, for my patience, I can sell a bunch of gold-- probably to scavengers since I typically sell in large bunches, and I NEVER hear them complain about that-- but most months I don't make my 100 FSPs. I've profited maybe three times.

Look at how the market works: players BRING gold, and WANT FSPs. So they offer a gold amount in hopes someone "buys" their gold. PvPers are trolling for those with gold so the hunter/leveler (maybe PvPer!) puts their gold up high enough to hopefully get a buyer before the pounce of the PvPer.

IIIIIII buy that gold. A lot. I trim the top of the market. I bank, then re-sell LOWER (that would be the opposite of inflation), and try to be patient.

PvP forces players to increase the market. It's not the players with PvP protection causing inflation. The "inflation" of the market has more to do with fewer players and fewer gold sinks. Guilds aren't as active, not as much gear is selling, and potions in the AH are more-easily-available than ever. I used to pay 300,000-350,000 gold for wither350 pot and be sniped 10 times before finally winning it. I just got three the other day fr 50,000. Gold's not sinking. PvP sinks gold... but not as much as SOOOOO many other things.

#99 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:56

And as long as pvp is up for nomination, how`s bout putting some pudding in the pie here....Say, if you win an incoming battle while on the BB it takes like 10 times xp from the one doing the bounty....now i can get some excitment from this

+1, considering most people are doing smasher hits on the BB. the people clearing them are probably much worse than the average pvper.

#100 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:57

And you need to remember some players have made themselves targets by their actions and words ,yet now they have the ability to hide from it. that is fundamentally wrong.

Sometimes it's PvPers who bully a person. If PvP protection would be removed then they can never escape a bully. That would be equally fundamentally wrong in my opinion. :?

Actually your wrong again because you then have recourse through HCS support to stop that happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: