#81 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:10

Not at all.

Actual requirements and legalities will differ between countries.

#disclaimer: I am not a law professional

A couple of companies I have worked for in the telco industry have an underwritten contractual agreement with the government whereby all reasonable efforts must be made to retain records for a certain period of time (I am not going to elaborate on the lengths). If it is found that these steps have not been taken the companies can be penalised financially by the government for not keeping their contractual agreement. The information which is held will often be required to assist law enforcement with confirming the location of a person or where a transaction may have taken place from. Sorry if this is a bit vague but vagueness is on purpose.

That being said, relating it to something more familiar to the users here:

Transaction records such as purchases are often kept for a decent length of time should there discrepancies or fraudulent recovery action.

Having the Player/Guild ID historical information and transaction material is something which can be useful for covering your backside as well as supporting legal action should they be required.

Okay, got it. First post was a little vague to me, this one is fine. Seeing that you have some experience with this kind of thing, couldn't they just archive all the information of the guild ID, transactions, etc of the guild for supporting legal action if needed and still open up the guild name for future players to choose to use?

#82 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:19

Okay, got it. First post was a little vague to me, this one is fine. Seeing that you have some experience with this kind of thing, couldn't they just archive all the information of the guild ID, transactions, etc of the guild for supporting legal action if needed and still open up the guild name for future players to choose to use?

Refer to my earlier statement about renaming guilds as XX_$guildname. For example Angellife would become XX_Angellife and free up the Angellife name, with the original guild_ID being retained on XX_Angellife.

I guess it comes down to if HCS want to do that, or if they would rather leave things as they are in the event someone eventually comes back. Could be a minor headache for support if a couple of people came back and found their guild name had been changed to something else.

I'm not trying to say it's a good or a bad idea. Rather pointing out the bigger picture and potential limitations which could restrict it.

#83 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:22

Refer to my earlier statement about renaming guilds as XX_$guildname. For example Angellife would become XX_Angellife and free up the Angellife name, with the original guild_ID being retained on XX_Angellife.

I guess it comes down to if HCS want to do that, or if they would rather leave things as they are in the event someone eventually comes back. Could be a minor headache for support if a couple of people came back and found their guild name had been changed to something else.

I'm not trying to say it's a good or a bad idea. Rather pointing out the bigger picture and potential limitations which could restrict it.

Ah, gotcha. I was referring to all the guilds with no one in it to be changed, not ones that have players in them that are inactive so that there wouldn't be any complaints if someone came back to a changed guild name. Could be a job for the interns as someone said earlier.

#84 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:30

Ah, gotcha. I was referring to all the guilds with no one in it to be changed, not ones that have players in them that are inactive so that there wouldn't be any complaints if someone came back to a changed guild name. Could be a job for the interns as someone said earlier.

Might want to also potentially flush all pending invites to the guild through recruitment? Which would mean those guilds are completely dead guilds. Probably not a big drama there though.

#85 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:45

Might want to also potentially flush all pending invites to the guild through recruitment? Which would mean those guilds are completely dead guilds. Probably not a big drama there though.

That could be done as well. Do you know if the invites, before the guild invite records was implemented, were recorded into the records? I'm pretty sure some guilds have been dead a while now, most even before that update was implemented. If so, then it would be a little easier in cleaning up those dead guilds.

#86 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:01

That could be done as well. Do you know if the invites, before the guild invite records was implemented, were recorded into the records? I'm pretty sure some guilds have been dead a while now, most even before that update was implemented. If so, then it would be a little easier in cleaning up those dead guilds.

they were. When the ability to view outstanding invites became available many guilds were surprised to see a couple of pages or so of people who had not joined.

simple SQL command could clear them out

#87 DaveGilDin

DaveGilDin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:52

I'd like the revisit of the Guild Fortress idea.   Sounded like alot of fun to me.  

#88 jzarashi

jzarashi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:29

I personally would like to see arena improvements as part of the roadmap.

1. ui tweaks like make completed tournies be a bit more searchable, list down the stats that you used to join the tournament (for people that have different setups on same level range)

2. speed up arena by forcing tournaments to start after 24hours, consequently display closing time for the tournament

3. tweak other potions in arena to make it more useful. some are really useless. max of level 250 except for existing lightfoot potion. (and level 300 for composing perhaps?)

4. use extracts to make potions, this makes them more usable. extract rates of some resource are horrible, i get 10 xinlor left and 2 xinlor right. this is a fact known among fellow extractors no matter how hcs support says it is balanced.

5. arena tokens.
simple. titans hunters have tkp for failed secure. pvp laddr have pvp tokens. so why not in arena as well, i believe theres a separate thread by Shindrak in the forum.

6. tweak combat moves
Remove moves like lunge, increase poison and fire chance a bit (this was nerfed too much from previous update) introduce moves like increase defense and increase armor (permanent) raise stats like damage, def or attack by a higher rate but increase is temporary. or moves that increase one stat but decrease others by 'x' percent

7. bring back fsp reward in arena. this can be a separate tab so another 20 tournies. joining fee and reward can be discussed later

#89 jzarashi

jzarashi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:52

I'd alao like to see more guild achievments and the much awaited (close to a year now) personal achievements??

#90 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:28

I'd like the revisit of the Guild Fortress idea.   Sounded like alot of fun to me.  

^

(Mini) GvG turn based strategy game using the world map. Doesn't even have to give rewards, just something 'fun' to use our stamina/time on.

#91 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 13:02

I see a lot of good things/suggestions here....I wa inspired by reading some of them and thought of a suggestion, but posted a new thread for it.  Please check it out and comment =)

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=57723

Thanks!

#92 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 17:27

I personally would like to see arena improvements as part of the roadmap.

1. ui tweaks like make completed tournies be a bit more searchable, list down the stats that you used to join the tournament (for people that have different setups on same level range)

2. speed up arena by forcing tournaments to start after 24hours, consequently display closing time for the tournament

3. tweak other potions in arena to make it more useful. some are really useless. max of level 250 except for existing lightfoot potion. (and level 300 for composing perhaps?)

4. use extracts to make potions, this makes them more usable. extract rates of some resource are horrible, i get 10 xinlor left and 2 xinlor right. this is a fact known among fellow extractors no matter how hcs support says it is balanced.

5. arena tokens.
simple. titans hunters have tkp for failed secure. pvp laddr have pvp tokens. so why not in arena as well, i believe theres a separate thread by Shindrak in the forum.

6. tweak combat moves
Remove moves like lunge, increase poison and fire chance a bit (this was nerfed too much from previous update) introduce moves like increase defense and increase armor (permanent) raise stats like damage, def or attack by a higher rate but increase is temporary. or moves that increase one stat but decrease others by 'x' percent

7. bring back fsp reward in arena. this can be a separate tab so another 20 tournies. joining fee and reward can be discussed later

+1

#93 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2013 - 17:33

I guess I will post this, as one for you guys to maybe consider for the future...

Ability to suspend buffs (not buff duration)

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=54849

To quote Hoof from that thread  :P

I think if it cost gold to suspend your the buffs for 'x' minutes that could work well  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#94 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:30

:) nice to see all the updating here how about getting rid of the dead weight here tons of guilds and players that have not been here for over a year and more, would like to see you drop those accounts

#95 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 14:39

:blink:

#96 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:12

there was a time my job had me traveling around for over a year with no way to log in so you saying my account should have been closed ? by the way i was doing disaster relief work rebuilding homes and business  so no internet for miles and all the guilds who use dead players for guild storage gone ?? thats a lot of gear lost

#97 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:48

Diamond Medals implemented on schedule. Woop! :D

#98 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:55

there was a time my job had me traveling around for over a year with no way to log in so you saying my account should have been closed ? by the way i was doing disaster relief work rebuilding homes and business  so no internet for miles and all the guilds who use dead players for guild storage gone ?? thats a lot of gear lost

maybe just the ones who aren't in a guild and inactive for million of years :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#99 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 17:24

Requests for UFSG:
 - if a creature requires a certain item equipped to attack, list it and put a link to it
 - if a realm requires progress in a quest, have a link to the quest and which step you have to progress to
 - links on item pages to what recipes they are used in

Yes to these but also if a quest requires completion of an earlier quest show that in guide with a link to previous (and later?) quests.

#100 iceman66

iceman66

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:33

The purpose of this thread is to give everyone an overview of what we're currently working on (excluding normal game content) and what is in the pipeline for the game. We'll do our best to keep this as up-to-date and accurate as possible :)

Recently Completed

Diamond Medals (25th July)

Currently In Development (Estimated Release Date)

General Bug Fix Update (29th July)

Updates for UFSG (Thread) (1st August)

Composing (20th August)

Planned Development

Improve Chests (Thread)

Epic Quest (continued)

Personal Achievements

Map Footprints

If we've missed something from the list that you feel is important, please let us know :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

What about the new skills? I see them in the "Buffs" section of the Auction House :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: