• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#81 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 20:49

I personally don't hunt Titans because I play off of my phone only bud If I could hunt this one I would just get w group going and everyone gets assigned squares and you can post when you found him in your square kill him re step it's meant to be a group effort not solo anyways I know this is off topic but what about Titan frags? I don't know if that has ever poped up anywhere

#82 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 22:10

Lets talk about next afew months .. how long it will remain unkilled? for real think for long term, you are killing titan hunting for small guilds who farm tkp eventhey will struggle to secure.

Only big guilds can hunt it easily

So true, and it hurts players who by no fault of their own do not enjoy being in big guilds.

#83 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:26

i think ill manage doesnt seem others want to hunt it either

#84 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:28

I do not see this hurting smaller guilds.  I am not in a big guild and we do fine.  In general this is something different to try and a challenge.   I will state since I am in a smaller guild,  means that we have a reason to get our team mates out as a group and go to town. hunting,  

I will agree that it will take longer to kill and that is good as long as there are other spawns of titans at different levels constantly spawning and going through different stages of titan process to be killed.  The cool downs and re-inventing titans is a good thing and I am looking forward as is many other in the community to see what else HCS has up their sleeves in the future.  ;)

#85 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:48

i read this topic and would like to offer my thoughts on the new titan - i started hunting this titan mid-day and kept at it for hrs then had to go to work but got off work and went and secured it -solo  -i spent 6+ hrs hunting it - one thing that irritated me the most is it has a tendacy to jump after just  1 or 2 hits . one other thing is you dont know when it jumps cuz of another player killing it nulling ur search - i like the idea of an arrow pointing either up or across depending of where u are compared to it thus giving just a general direction of where it is 

#86 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:59

i read this topic and would like to offer my thoughts on the new titan - i started hunting this titan mid-day and kept at it for hrs then had to go to work but got off work and went and secured it -solo  -i spent 6+ hrs hunting it - one thing that irritated me the most is it has a tendacy to jump after just  1 or 2 hits . one other thing is you dont know when it jumps cuz of another player killing it nulling ur search - i like the idea of an arrow pointing either up or across depending of where u are compared to it thus giving just a general direction of where it is 

Exactly, one thing is to search him by all the map, but searching the titan nonstop because you can't know if it moved is what makes it way too painfull for me.

For me the direction pointer is the best answer, gonna bring a lot of fun to Titan hunt, and I would recommend to introduce even more Titans with this feature, but the way it is now, I would not really bother to hunt it again.

PS: I have no idea how the pointer would work, how it would do to refresh and keep updated with the titan location, if we would need to keep pressing '0' to make it work, but if HCS have a way to make it work, I think they should give it a try (you guys can leave this Titan the way it is, but create a new one to work with the pointer perhaps)

#87 mazulis

mazulis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 19:26

Do you mean add the scout tower info onto the map screen? If so I think that's a pretty good idea :)

That would be awesome. somewhere on the top of the map maybe.

Yeah, kinda, only on realms where there is a titan active, showing something like this:

2000/5000HP - (1000 kills - 20%) (33% of total kills)

2000/5000HP - Titan actual HP / Titan total HP.

(1000 kills - 20%) - Total kills your guild have done, 51% means a secure.

33% of total kills - that shows us how much % of the kills we have done compared to all the kills, and we will be anle to see if we are losing space or getting ahead...at least for me would be a great addition.

I do not think we need so much info on the map screen. The complete info of your contribution you can see on the scout tower. While hunting invisible titan it is enough to know the amount of HP left. so you can know when to clear the footprint.  I think it should refresh together with the map - when you move or when you press '0' or refresh button. 

#88 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 15:48

Hello HCs,

Since you still didn't introduce "Titan immobilise" skill, Maybe instead add new skill as potion works like vision , that will show invisible titan within certain percentage of character range?

looking for every square for titan can be tough , look this titan sitting there forever..

even make similar skill for SE's maybe will help to increase activity on SE's

Edited by shindrak, 25 December 2015 - 15:50.

#89 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 19:47

The Invisible Invader is a demonic being of gargantuan size and power. It has another ability too. It can make itself invisible at will! - <<<< this implies its sometimes invisible not constantly invisible  - maybe it should blink every few mins / another thing i would like to address is the tkp needed for claim ----- 12k?  thats incredibly high for a titan like this - secure is 3k+ so maybe tkp claim should be more like 9k? this is by far the hardest titan to hunt - no one is going to want to do clean up with the time and stam required 

#90 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 22:39

Curious, out of all the people that liked this titan who actually hunted it?

#91 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 December 2015 - 23:42

We have no problem with that.No problem with that either.

I dont see the point in the temporal shift enhancement, i don't see the item being used in any hunting or titan hunting sets... it just seems like a waste

Edit: spelt shift wrong xD

Edited by macb00k, 29 December 2015 - 05:50.

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#92 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2015 - 00:25

I dont see the point in the temporal shit enhancement, i don't see the item being used in any hunting or titan hunting sets... it just seems like a waste

Isn't Temporal Shift meant to speed up the cooldown between teleporting ? - if so, then its FAR from being a waste ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#93 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:22

Isn't Temporal Shift meant to speed up the cooldown between teleporting ? - if so, then its FAR from being a waste ...

It also has to be an item with good enough stats to actually hunt the titan at the same time.

#94 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:55

It also has to be an item with good enough stats to actually hunt the titan at the same time.

My point exactly, if the item isnt used for hunting or titan hunting then it is really useless, i don't see anyone using it to hunt or titan hunt with, maybe it could have used an enhancement that might help protect the player or help with fury caster... ive noticed it with the latest epics aswell and there stats havent been the greatest for hunting or titan hunting... its just odd to me
yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#95 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:52

I would - if for no other reason that it's a (current, at least) big hinderance to the scripters and it makes titan hunting, once more, a TEAM effort. If you can't see it, you NEED a lot of players on the map working as one.

Yea? You don't even hunt titans. Go ahead and hunt it for about 6-7 hours alone or 3-4 hours with a team and come back to me and say that. Now those hours you spent only got you a drop that sells for 50-200 fsps? Who is gonna waste all that time for that? I wouldn't even considering hunting a titan like this unless the drop was guaranteed 2-2.5k fsps. Wanna know what makes TH a team effort? No CD...Wanna know what made TH a solo effort? CD...unfortunately.

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 December 2015 - 11:55.

#96 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:55

Yea? You don't even hunt titans. Go ahead and hunt it for about 6-7 hours alone or 3-4 hours with a team and come back to me and say that. Now those hours you spent only got you a drop that sells for 50-200 fsps? Who is gonna waste all that time for that? I wouldn't even considering hunting a titan like this unless the drop was guaranteed 2-2.5k fsps.

What does my hunting titans (or not) have to do with anything ? - I'm in favour of invisible titans 'cos they hamper scripters. No more, no less - something that everyone with any degree of game integrity should be in favour of.

Edited by Pardoux, 29 December 2015 - 11:56.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#97 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:57

What does my hunting titans (or not) have to do with anything ? - I'm in favour of invisible titans 'cos they hamper scripters. No more, no less - something that everyone with any degree of game integrity should be in favour of.

Because your asking to kill TH off for good...You totally dodged the point of my post anyhow. There really is no point in stopping all the TH scripts if TH in general dies off is there? But whatever i'm in a big guild which gives me 100% chance of beating any small guild :).

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 December 2015 - 12:00.

#98 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:01

Wanna know what made TH a solo effort? CD...unfortunately.

With all due respect I believe that titan hunting was sort of "solo effort" before CD was introduced. CD just made it a viable option for wider spectrum of players in my opinion. But thats all just a bit off topic, isnt it?

#99 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:02

With all due respect I believe that titan hunting was sort of "solo effort" before CD was introduced. CD just made it a viable option for wider spectrum of players in my opinion. But thats all just a bit off topic, isnt it?

I can't remember being to solo secure before the CD was here... Was ALWAYS group hunts...It was close pretty much everytime and i was in a dominant TH guild at the time. Was at-least always about 10+ players on most spawns as well. Overall each titan spawn was way more active player-wise. CD is part of the game now unfortunately and I've accepted that but i will sure as hell argue it to death.

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 December 2015 - 12:06.

#100 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:07

just thought about this too...Now what about the scripter's that have multis? If they don't they will just make some. Instead of having one account script they will have have multiple scanning the area in certain quadrants. They would be back in the drivers seat again. Probably slightly easier to detect but i'll take it to another extreme...They can just have multiple accounts scanning the area and when it finds the titan feed the info to the main account and it can just TP around using next to no stamina...The possibilities are endless and always will be for them. That would not be the right path to combat scripting... Although i don't believe its that big of a problem...I personally doubt it even really exists to do with TH if so its like the .01% and negligible. You can only move so fast now on the map.

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 December 2015 - 12:16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: