• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 14:10

*waits to get slapped by grim*

1500 set is attack damage

1650 set is attack damage

Enough with the attack damage sets! OMG! LOL

It's not a leveling set, though, way too heavy on attack.

Doesnt really matter... With enough Attack, you can use NMV to safe hit ;)

I didn't say it's useless for leveling, but no item that is 70% attack, 30% damage is an exceptionally good leveling item. Efficient leveling is about 1 hitting, and the high level creeps that are difficult to 1 hit, generally don't have a lot of attack, so are easy to defend against.

In summary, it's not a bad set, but it's not even close to being as useful as Pounamu (even assuming equal availability).

#82 chianty

chianty

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 14:24

Just a thought about the event. This event is a battle between zorgrom and shroud so why not make it a bit more interesting?

1. At the start of the event (or when someone kills his/her first global creature) everyone is randomly assigned a side (zorgrom or shroud).
2. If you kill a creature from the opposing side (Foot Soldier of Burzzthak or Zorgrom Crazed Orc Foot Soldier) it goes to your side's total kill count.
3. At the end of the event the side with the more total kill count gets some extra reward (maybe one more chest, or a slightly better chest, etc.)
4. The loosing side will get the reward as before, so no one will leave empty-handed.
5. The current position of the battle should be hidden and only revealed at the end
6. Only the total kill count should be showed (as before)

I think this will attract even more players to participate. What do you think?

Oh and nice event HCS, I enjoyed it. Just finished my kills.

Nice idea! What about an update on the battle every 24 hours to give everyone a general idea about the score? This would add some more heated competition to it instead of assuming that your side is the best with 5 million kills when the other side already has 15 million kills.

I like this idea :mrgreen:

chibdsig.png

#83 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 15:25

Just a thought about the event. This event is a battle between zorgrom and shroud so why not make it a bit more interesting?

1. At the start of the event (or when someone kills his/her first global creature) everyone is randomly assigned a side (zorgrom or shroud).
2. If you kill a creature from the opposing side (Foot Soldier of Burzzthak or Zorgrom Crazed Orc Foot Soldier) it goes to your side's total kill count.
3. At the end of the event the side with the more total kill count gets some extra reward (maybe one more chest, or a slightly better chest, etc.)
4. The loosing side will get the reward as before, so no one will leave empty-handed.
5. The current position of the battle should be hidden and only revealed at the end

Nice idea :) but not sure about randomly.. will it assign big max stam players in one side or it will assign players compared to total max stam of player's on each side?

#84 ignotus

ignotus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 17:02

Nice idea :) but not sure about randomly.. will it assign big max stam players in one side or it will assign players compared to total max stam of player's on each side?

Maybe not random, just in some order (in time order of first creature killed) and even places go to the one and the odd places to the other side.
If stam would be considered, then it should be based on current stam not max stam in my opinion, but I dont think it's necessary.
With the even distribution of players more-or-less the high stam players will also be assigned evenly (also consider players going for min kill or players with little time to burn their stam, but want to join anyway, etc)
I think every rule to split the players evenly can fail in some scenarios (some more than others), so I think the assignment rule should be as simple as possible. That's why I suggested random, or arrival order.

But remember, I may be wrong (very remote chance :) ) so put your thoughts below :)
cheers

#85 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 18:04

Bravo. This idea is excellent.

One tweak I would propose is that only creatures of the opposing side would appear to each player so that they don't kill creatures that wouldn't count.

Another problem with only counting creature kills from the opposing side is that it locks you out of being able to invent half of the sets available. You would have to make each global quest creature have the exact same drops.

#86 Forbin

Forbin

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 00:08

can someone tell me what buffs to use to find a recipe off of these Legendary creatures. Would FI1k do the trick or do I need a resource finder? possibly something else

#87 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 00:19

can someone tell me what buffs to use to find a recipe off of these Legendary creatures. Would FI1k do the trick or do I need a resource finder? possibly something else

Using Reckoning and Find Item 1000(Distilled to 1150 with a Zombie Brew) is your best bet..if you can manage, just use those two..but if Stamina is a problem, Conserve/Animal Magnetism/Light Foot wouldn't hurt..you might even need more buffs to help you survive Legendarys around your level though..but the less buffs you use with Reckoning, the more chances you have at it activating with Find Item..

Resource Finder only works for Resources like how Quest Finder only works for Quest items...

#88 Forbin

Forbin

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 00:22

Thanks jedi! That really helps

#89 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:12

Hi there Everyone.

We are pleased to announce the start of our 96 hour special event which sees the return of the Zorgrom and Shroud Legions!!

From now until 16:00 GMT on Friday the eighth of March, we will be spawning 16 Legendary creatures and 2 Global creatures.

The Global Quest will require the entire community to work together to defeat the Zorgrom and Shroud common foot soldiers. To qualify for the Bronze level reward, you'll need to defeat at least 1,000 of the common Zorgrom and Shroud Foot soldiers.

Zorgrom Crazed Orc Foot Soldier (Level 1)

Posted Image

Foot Soldier of Burzzthak (Level 1)

Posted Image

The following Legendary creatures are running rampage in the world!

Burzzthak the Exalted (Legendary) - Level 15+
Zorgrom Bulltoise (Legendary) - Level 115+
Shroud Saurodon (Legendary) - Level 225+
Zorgrom War Lobber (Legendary) - Level 340+
Shroud Watcher Ballista (Legendary) - Level 415+
Zorgrom War Wolf Rider (Legendary) - Level 535+
Shroud Horror Horse (Legendary) - Level 665+
Zorgrom Ogre Axe Thrower (Legendary) - Level 770+
Shroud Grotesque (Legendary) - Level 845+
Zorgrom Shock Trooper (Legendary) - Level 915+
Shroud Heavy Infantry (Legendary) - Level 1025+
Zorgrom War Wyvern (Legendary) - Level 1120+
Shroud Wreathed Drake (Legendary) - Level 1210+
Revered Luz Tagoz (Legendary) - Level 1350+
Shroud Shadow Blade (Legendary) - Level 1500+
Zorgrom Back Stabba (Legendary) - Level 1650+

As well as the loot available from the Legendary creatures, the following new chest is the reward for completing the global kill quota :

Zorgrom Stash
Posted Image
For each tier that a player completes, the reward will increase as follows:

Bronze:1 x Zorgrom Stash
Silver:2 x Zorgrom Stash
Gold:4 x Zorgrom Stash
Crystal:6 x Zorgrom Stash
Ruby:10 x Zorgrom Stash
If you qualified and the Community reachs the total goal, the reward(s) will be delivered to your mailbox shortly after the event ends.
~ The Fallen Sword Team

What are the qualifying requirements as a community?

I see that it is 20 million kills for ruby, but what about for crystal/gold (which is the more realistic goal at this point).

#90 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:22

I see that it is 20 million kills for ruby, but what about for crystal/gold (which is the more realistic goal at this point).

4 million for Bronze, 8 million for Silver, 12 million for Gold, 16 million for crystal and 20 million for Ruby ..

#91 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:23

can someone tell me what buffs to use to find a recipe off of these Legendary creatures....

ummm, yeah... I would like to know that also, lol. Nothing seems to help much.

HCS, maybe you can add a 5th temple to pray at, to increase the chance of getting a recipe drop? :wink:

#92 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:27

4 million for Bronze, 8 million for Silver, 12 million for Gold, 16 million for crystal and 20 million for Ruby ..

oh. That's simple :D.

#93 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:41

can someone tell me what buffs to use to find a recipe off of these Legendary creatures....

ummm, yeah... I would like to know that also, lol. Nothing seems to help much.

I feel your pain - after killing the L1500 one innumerable times and getting lots of resource drops, I ended up buying the recipes 'cos they just wouldn't drop ....

#94 Cristela

Cristela

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 14:40

I have a question. The global creatures aren't in all realms?
I was until yesterday in my level area sorroundings, but because by mistake I hit a few times the usual creatures from that area and lost the fight and also my kill streak even that I had SSI activated I decided to move in the beggining areas of the game, but so far I didn't find any of the global counting creatures for the global quest in those areas. So far I was in mountain path, elya plains north, snow forest east, varas dungeon, but I don't want to spend more stamina to check all the possible areas.

#95 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2013 - 15:29

Global creatures only spawn in realms that are 10 by 10 in size and level 25 and above.

#96 Cristela

Cristela

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 16:27

Thanks for the help BigGrim. This is my fault because I missed 2 years from the game and my lack of knowledge grew during the absence. Last year autumn I came back, but didn't manage to recover all the things I lost. :)

#97 iambrad

iambrad

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 16:30

For fun! ZOMBIES: UPRISING!

Out of the East a single necromancer walks...In his wake the zorgrom and shroud awake. The dead begin to rise... the dead begin to walk... the dead begin to eat...

If the Ruby tier is not accomplished, this is Fallenswords fate. Immediately the dead begin to close in on any player character about them. If you kill them within one minute, no XP is gained and they crumble and you gain a useless rotting piece of corpse into your backpack for your troubles.

If you do not kill them quickly then they swarm you and eat your stamina (rate of 4000 stamina per hour). In your loyalty section is a 'zombie ward' potion. Each potion lasts 8 hours. If potion is active you are immune from zombies.
Then necromancers' walking dead will leave in 24 hours after the global event ends in the event the Ruby tier is not met. Will you dare to sleep?

This will help stop stamina hoarding during global events :)

#98 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 19:56

For fun! ZOMBIES: UPRISING!

Out of the East a single necromancer walks...In his wake the zorgrom and shroud awake. The dead begin to rise... the dead begin to walk... the dead begin to eat...

If the Ruby tier is not accomplished, this is Fallenswords fate. Immediately the dead begin to close in on any player character about them. If you kill them within one minute, no XP is gained and they crumble and you gain a useless rotting piece of corpse into your backpack for your troubles.

If you do not kill them quickly then they swarm you and eat your stamina (rate of 4000 stamina per hour). In your loyalty section is a 'zombie ward' potion. Each potion lasts 8 hours. If potion is active you are immune from zombies.
Then necromancers' walking dead will leave in 24 hours after the global event ends in the event the Ruby tier is not met. Will you dare to sleep?

This will help stop stamina hoarding during global events :)

Probably joking, I know, but if not, it will penalise players for not partaking in a (voluntary) game aspect that they may well not want to, for whatever reason.

#99 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 20:22

thats a GREAT event - pity the rewards aren't accordingly.... :/

We're a bit spoiled by the later global events, methinks. All of the other events' rewards are much better than this one.

That's a bit crappy to say. I mean, seriously? You are getting multiple potions for little stamina.

"oh this event sucks im entitled to al 1500 and conserve 1000 gimme more I WANT MORE"

Just be happy with what we get. It's all in stride. <3

I wasn't really speaking for myself. I've never done anything but the minimum because I think of hunting in general as boring. It's a means to an end, and if I can get to that end by doing 5000, that's what I'm going to do.

I was simply explaining the rationale from the post I quoted.

#100 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 21:57

well, I think there is nothing wrong with people saying they don't have enough motivation. I mean, that's a healthy feedback. They basically say to Hoof&BG & Co "we are not going to buy stamina (FSPs) to get more of those Global potions, top100 contributors is easy (without buying anything) since the activity is low, so we are not motivated to donate!". That's ok. That's probably what business owners/runners want to know, so they could adjust their strategy next time.

I don't understand, why some players come here to say "other players are whining or something". What's the purpose of showing deliberately obvious disrespect to other players? These "tough" players basically say "we agree that the rewards aren't great, but those players (whiners) are not tough as us, we are not whining about that, take a note, remember our names for the history books or something." How is this a feedback? Nobody really cares! $ for FSPs and satisfaction of players is what really matters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: