Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 September 2012 - 18:39

@ bound potions:

PvP/ GvG pots, titan hunting pots, SE hunting pots could be sunk much more then leveling pots.Since those activities don;t need max stam to participate in, and they can be done at any time.

I don't see bound potions cluttering someones BP if they are participating in various aspects of the game.

#82 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 18:41

hades youre telling everyone your agenda is to get rid of useless gear....if the pots are bound a higher % of players will participate = more gear destroyed. unless your agenda is something else?
i have 150 back pack slots and i could make a profit as good as anyone. unlike others my backpacks arent full of useless stuff i failed to make a profit off of and want an easy way out on.

i have no agenda except to maximise the amount of gear gone... how many bound pots can you use ? myself i lvl once every few months so after i make my couple pots what then the same can be said for many others when a event happens ppl farm no matter ur lvl u try get a set if u need it and a few spares for friends or with the hope of making a few fsp .. so when you have farmed ur few spare pieces and you realise you cant give them away let alone sell them so you scrap them in only to find you cant even sell the potion you made what then how does that help anyone .. i can guarentee you if they bound what is ever made from this it will fall flat on its face cause once everyone has there few pots you will still have tons of gear laying around collecting dust

+1 no point making them bound... when we have LE's event more players will participate when they see drop worth 5 fsp instead of 1 fsp

#83 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 19:17

"+1 no point making them bound... when we have LE's event more players will participate when they see drop worth 5 fsp instead of 1 fsp"

i thought the point was to get rid of the clutter of gear not find a profitable alternative to dropping them?

Maehdros has a good point in that none of the potions are set in stone yet and can be made to be profitable for you in other ways. like high level find item potions or inventing potions.
there are so many ideas that come with bound potions like the idea of a potion being created specific to your character.

#84 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:11

"+1 no point making them bound... when we have LE's event more players will participate when they see drop worth 5 fsp instead of 1 fsp"

i thought the point was to get rid of the clutter of gear not find a profitable alternative to dropping them?

You still didn't notice how it's hard for low lvls to continue in this game while there's very small parts for them to earn fsps without donating (farming plants not profitable anymore with powerful RF pots, merchanting not working like old days and cant make fsps from gold to upgrade their characters )... its free game , if it wasn't free HCs wont make it possible to make fsps through playing ;)

#85 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:26

Well, no matter what happens, there will always be ways of making things work to your advantage (more FSP from drops, sold potions, ect.).

I agree with the idea that some new potions could be made for specific things (SE hunting pots, PVP pots, GVG pots, ect.) where max stam is not an issue to use those pots with (able to use them up as you make them/get them). Let's not forget alot of us make FSP from selling buffs so, a few buff related pots could be useful.

As for bound or non-bound, I say some potions should be bound while others can be sold (equal the playing field and, hopefully everyone is happy with that). That way the big dogs (or little one's) of the game have a chance to make something from it no matter what and, no one can really complain too much (wishful thinking? LOL).

Either way, it's a sound idea and one I think worth doing. Now it's just to work out the kinks in it and, get it primed and ready for use.

Remember, this will not only rid ourselves of old, useless gear but, allow us to have more events to get new gear and get more activity in the FS community. The potions we can make along the way is just icing on the cake. Wouldn't you like to see FS start returning to some of it's glory days? This could be our ticket in doing so.

#86 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:13

Make the potions not bound or at the very least put the potions in containers with potions to suit a variety of different playing styles .

#87 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 14:12

Add chest items to the stuff you can compose! Most worthless stuff in the game (except pots)..and the hardest to find on your own....

#88 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 21:48

how about have it so that the "smelting" process gives you 100% chance of creating a chest like glob of potions that has a chance of extracting 5-10 different potions all at different success rates. the glob is not bound but the extracted potions are.
we could also go into more detail on the extracted potions being catered to the player doing the extracting. such as a player with 1000 max stam would extract a level 550 doubler while a player with 50k stam would extract a doubler 2000. "just an example"

would this idea in any way help out all sides?

#89 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 October 2012 - 21:27

Agreed an epic potion as the top reward would solve the problem of a freebie epic item bit by bit being created and not resacrificed in the cauldron -- because once you have the top item it doesn't make sense to sacrifice it to maybe get it again.

I'm kind of astounded the cows actually read a thread and are going to implement it. that is pretty rare, but Leos has a good handle on this game.

So the premise of this idea is to DUMP flooded elite, champion, super elite, and legendary gear so that you can earn points. These points can be used to get powerful potions?

Champion? Don't think that was suggested in original post mate.

#90 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 October 2012 - 22:07

That epic potion could also easily be made level 10 or something really low like that -- such that everybody (who can use the Temple) could use it. And if it were made after the model of the ones in the recent global quests, then a variety of playing styles could be rewarded.

I agree that an item sink is needed in the game. Some items are too good to be dropped AND don't sell. I also thought the idea of allowing the items to be put into the cauldron over a period of time (as long as you want) until you press the button -- kind of like PVP prestige builds up a buff until you decide to use it -- is a very good idea.

The sacrificed items build up "CauldronPoints". When a certain level of points is reached, you gain the option of pushing the button.

The Elite and Champion items shouldn't ever lead to an epic item. They could lead to an AL180 potion or something of lesser value like that.

Also, possibly distil and brew master of different levels would make very good reward potions, wouldn't they?

#91 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 October 2012 - 23:14

maybe have special items every week that may give you a small increase in points gained

also have it to where you can see where you gained your points from( so if you have 80 total points, you got 20 from common items and the other 60 from unique) and the items that you can receive are better items from using better points(if that makes sense)

#92 fs_jabba

fs_jabba
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:41

ok onw question say you save the 500 points but ony get an item from the 50 point bracket do you lose all 500 points or just the value of the items approate position cause if you lose all 500 cause you could have gained the same item with 50 points would make this prity risky even for older gear there would need to be some method of say if you get a 50 poit mix using 500 mix you only lose 75 points the item price 50 points + 50% safe with 100 point you lose 150 and 300 for 200 point items this way ppl have an incentive to keep trying for the item thay really want. but on the whole concidering howmany purple items i throw away each hunt cause i don;t have the full set or isn;t worth it is annoying.

#93 oucho

oucho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:35

do it already

#94 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:23

The concept is a good idea, but the more I think aabout it, the more changes I would want to see from the op. lol

I still think that "items" should be bound, but instead of crafting item, potions, etc, one would craft sellable chests, as smileynirv suggested. The extracted items would then be bound. Each level chest should have 4 items/potions that can be pulled from it. The most desired having only a 5-10% chance of extracting, 2 moderately sought items with a 25% chance (1 should be Leveler style and 1 should be PvP style), and 1 lesser item at a 40-45% chance.

There should be little incentive to amassing a ton of elite drops in the hopes of gaining an epic level quality item. To that end, I would say let there be 4 classes of Alchemy/Crafting - Elite, SE, Le/Crystal (and yes include Chest drops), and Epic. You can only get out a chest type based on the items you input. Perhaps make the 5-10% extraction I previous proposed, be of the next class, meaning a small chance to get a SE class item from dropping Elites or a small chance to get an epic item from dropping LE.

The potions should be equal in level to the class of items crafting like Elites only offer 180-200 level buffs, but the epic could have level 500+, depending on the buff. If the potions created had buff that did not repeat from one level to the next, players may try to use at least one potion from each category at the same time.

On the epic extraction from a LE chest, I'd love to see a level 1 weapon, call it maybe the Wand of Calque, that has 0 xp/stam gain and 0 max stam, has base stats of 1 across the board with crafting adding 1-4 on each, and be bound. The thing that makes it epic, is not the stats or gains, but the ability to use it kill any creature that requires a specific weapon to attack, such as the Kraken titan or Lord Shuito, but a player MUST have completed the accompanying quest first. This would in essence allow a player to free up some bp, at the reduced cost of power.

#95 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:34

The concept is a good idea, but the more I think aabout it, the more changes I would want to see from the op. lol

I still think that "items" should be bound, but instead of crafting item, potions, etc, one would craft sellable chests, as smileynirv suggested. The extracted items would then be bound. Each level chest should have 4 items/potions that can be pulled from it. The most desired having only a 5-10% chance of extracting, 2 moderately sought items with a 25% chance (1 should be Leveler style and 1 should be PvP style), and 1 lesser item at a 40-45% chance.

There should be little incentive to amassing a ton of elite drops in the hopes of gaining an epic level quality item. To that end, I would say let there be 4 classes of Alchemy/Crafting - Elite, SE, Le/Crystal (and yes include Chest drops), and Epic. You can only get out a chest type based on the items you input. Perhaps make the 5-10% extraction I previous proposed, be of the next class, meaning a small chance to get a SE class item from dropping Elites or a small chance to get an epic item from dropping LE.

The potions should be equal in level to the class of items crafting like Elites only offer 180-200 level buffs, but the epic could have level 500+, depending on the buff. If the potions created had buff that did not repeat from one level to the next, players may try to use at least one potion from each category at the same time.

On the epic extraction from a LE chest, I'd love to see a level 1 weapon, call it maybe the Wand of Calque, that has 0 xp/stam gain and 0 max stam, has base stats of 1 across the board with crafting adding 1-4 on each, and be bound. The thing that makes it epic, is not the stats or gains, but the ability to use it kill any creature that requires a specific weapon to attack, such as the Kraken titan or Lord Shuito, but a player MUST have completed the accompanying quest first. This would in essence allow a player to free up some bp, at the reduced cost of power.

i like the idea of wrapping all 'quest received item to kill a creature' items being tied up in one special weapon,

i dont know how well these would be recieved but it opens up the door for other 'special' epics such as maybe 3 others ..... one that tells you if there is a chest within a 3 square radius of you, one that does the same for elites and one that does the same for SE's and no this idea or similiar has been suggested for buffs for the record.

#96 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:47

why do people feel the need to over complicate things sometimes the best idea is the simplest and the quickest to implement

#97 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:59

i think if 'some people' are showing interest in an idea that you helped create you should feel honored that people take time outta their lives to post about it and offer any thoughts they may have, regardless its pretty safe to say that what arrives will be nothing like any post in this thread spare ironic karma anyway ;)

#98 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 17:10

i think if 'some people' are showing interest in an idea that you helped create you should feel honored that people take time outta their lives to post about it and offer any thoughts they may have, regardless its pretty safe to say that what arrives will be nothing like any post in this thread spare ironic karma anyway ;)

yeah i do feel honoured the issue i see the more a idea is mutated the less chance of it ever reaching reality this game has had 100's of ideas and many of them were great but they was chopped and adapted so much they just vanished

#99 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:24

Add chest items to the stuff you can compose! Most worthless stuff in the game (except pots)..and the hardest to find on your own....

That's already covered considering Chest items are crystalline. ;)

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#100 djb306

djb306

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 20:34

i really do like this idea, but as suggested by other players, why the need to over complicate such a simple concept?

If you all stop trying to be greedy and stop trying to add more grander schemes in order to cash in more, then perhaps this idea will have a slight chance of actually being introduced rather than it just ending up like a fart in the wind like 90% of the other amazing ideas thought up in here that just end up being talked and tweaked about into oblivion!!!!!

keep it simple ladies and germs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: