110 replies to this topic

#81 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:31

Since the start of Mowgliks realms is incorrect I don't see that being clear and straight forward for any new player. Which is what we are talking about..

..but with that being said the official guide is FAR from being ultimate with its lack of and poorly presented information.. and the wiki is also a bit out of date but we can mainly blame ourselves and the lack of admins helping keep the front page helpful and up to date..

#82 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:55

OK, been thinking about these new people again, and how to keep them here...

Mentoring:

I am a mentor, and I have new people reach out to me all the time.  However, this is something that should be mentioned during tutorial as well, as it would give new players a better grasp of the game and someone to direct their questions to...  I am aware that we get no reward outside of a job well done, but that's all I really require.  I love Fallen Sword, it is an important part of my day, and I want others to feel the same joy as I do.  New players need to know about the mentor's list up front, rather than finding it by accident while checking things out.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#83 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:25

we're going to endeavor to bring the game to new audiences 

In this noisy world you have to be really clear on what you want these new audiences to know about you and your game. The ladders full of inactive players mean only one thing for new audiences - the game is already dead. 

#84 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:40

In this noisy world you have to be really clear on what you want these new audiences to know about you and your game. The ladders full of inactive players mean only one thing for new audiences - the game is already dead. 

That's easily rectified tho - change the ladders so that only those active within the last 30 days (for instance) are shown and any others are left off. Naturally, should anyone omitted return to playing and still are qualified to be on the ladder, they return.

That's what all the top rated ladders SHOULD be anyways ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#85 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:46

:D welcome and have a good time working on this may I suggest that you upgrade the hourly stamina gain a bit some time so much to do and not enough stamina to do it, a little extra every hour would help tons  :P

#86 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:56

Easiest way to fix the ladders is reset them every 4 weeks, a lot of them are reflective of how things used to be.

The Hard part is when New players go looking for buffers etc and keep finding inactive players...they need to be hidden from view somehow..

#87 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2014 - 13:25

Just finished a morning meeting with the Fallen Sword team and we're planning to update the game later this week with a number of things from the road-map, there after we're going to start by revamping the PvP ladders, I will keep you all updated with our progress and am happy to answer any questions you all may have :)

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#88 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 14:19

timeline on composed potion update ?

#89 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 November 2014 - 14:55

Just finished a morning meeting with the Fallen Sword team and we're planning to update the game later this week with a number of things from the road-map, there after we're going to start by revamping the PvP ladders, I will keep you all updated with our progress and am happy to answer any questions you all may have :)

Thanks HCS. Are we going to see an update to the road-map, so that we can get a feel for which items are being worked on, and add on the PVP ladder update to the road-map? 

Also, after this next "group" of items completed from the road-map, can you take some time to look into possibly thinking a re-vote of what's important to the game. The last vote, I believe, was well over a year ago. Many things change in terms of the game and the player base. Things that were important in the past, may not be as large an issue as something else that has come to the forefront. Heck, many of the players who voted may not even be playing the game anymore. 

#90 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 15:00

My my my, aren't we all like little baby birds, chirp chirp chirping for food....  Let's give the guy a little room to breathe, he just got back after all.... Radneto, I hope this isn't too overwhelming and doesn't drive you away.... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#91 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 November 2014 - 15:08

Welcome back to FS, Radneto!

It may take a while to get accustomed to the game after so long. My advice to get the community on your side, is to participate in the game when you get the chance. Leveling up to EOC would instantly get our attention. Achieving a few arena medals would create trust. PvP'ing against others will turn heads :) Try all aspects, so you can build your own opinion on the game in addition to listening to the handfull of players who contribute to the forum. The player base is much larger than the people who return routinely to the forum to state their opinions.

Here's an opinion on the arena:

The arena needs a more balanced level range. There aren't many lower level tournaments (lvl 1 to 200 - 500). Players such as Brice, an arena guru, can't rise up the arena list as fast as someone with a higher level - this isn't fair for him or others. Gold reward tournaments of 500K - 1M should return to get more interest from other (new) players. No one exchanges arena tokens for gold. That doesn't make sense when you can exchange them for much better things that are worth more. Having gold tourneys does make sense.

#92 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2014 - 15:58

Nope, I'm here to stay! Composing was discussed early today, however I feel we're going to aim for regular updates and have no hard date to give you on that yet, we're committed to getting game updates out more frequently and this will be independently from content updates.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#93 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 16:02

Welcome back to FS, Radneto!

It may take a while to get accustomed to the game after so long. My advice to get the community on your side, is to participate in the game when you get the chance. Leveling up to EOC would instantly get our attention. Achieving a few arena medals would create trust. PvP'ing against others will turn heads :) Try all aspects, so you can build your own opinion on the game in addition to listening to the handfull of players who contribute to the forum. The player base is much larger than the people who return routinely to the forum to state their opinions.

Here's an opinion on the arena:

The arena needs a more balanced level range. There aren't many lower level tournaments (lvl 1 to 200 - 500). Players such as Brice, an arena guru, can't rise up the arena list as fast as someone with a higher level - this isn't fair for him or others. Gold reward tournaments of 500K - 1M should return to get more interest from other (new) players. No one exchanges arena tokens for gold. That doesn't make sense when you can exchange them for much better things that are worth more. Having gold tourneys does make sense.

+1 million !!!  and more...could not have said it better..Radneto..join a few arena tourneys below level 400 and see how long it takes for them to start..12-36 hrs on average..that does not help generate new lower level players to participate....arena needs gold tourneys back..arena needs new prizes, been over 2 tears since last new prizes...old ones are stale..get rid of 16 player tourneys or have fewer of them..they take days to fill, no matter what level they are....token exchange for gold is a super bad deal..nobody does it, you would be ripping yourself off..almost all prizes are worth more than 4k per token...revive arena please...the best thing to do in the game while waiting on stam refill...it needs attention...check out thread - "simple solution to arena level spawning", ideas in this thread will solve the level range problem easily..pleeeeessde listen Radneto...do something to help arena...it needs it..arena is comatose...

#94 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 16:12

Please keep posting updates in game news.  There have been more players in forum since your post, it is good to see more players in here

#95 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 21:05

Nope, I'm here to stay! Composing was discussed early today, however I feel we're going to aim for regular updates and have no hard date to give you on that yet, we're committed to getting game updates out more frequently and this will be independently from content updates.

Hi John

Welcome back to fs.  Please do not disregard Composing updates so quickly.  Many of us have put a lot into Composing and have been promised on many occassions that new buffs will be added soon and we were even give a time frame of "weeks" by both BG and Hoof many many months ago.  Composing has been a huge gold sink but i have heard many say they are stopping at level 27 because of the current situation of no new buffs.  I personally at one point was sinking more than 2 million in gold and using 3500 common frags PER DAY !!

Composing never made it to the road map as the community expected that when Composing was introduced all the buffs were in place and they would be discovered by us as we reached each level.   So we did not think there was any work required on Composing.  But, as we are now aware, there were no buffs in place after level 20.

My first ticket about composing was sent 261 days ago.  I have been waiting patiently ever since and heard many promises.

Composing must be given priority as its not a change that is being requested, its something that should have been in place when composing was introduced more than a year ago!  We were told we would unlock new buffs as we progressed through 50 levels of composing......  Not 20 !!  We were also promised new Composing only buffs !!

So please John give Composing the priority it deserves !!

#96 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 21:31

Hi John

Welcome back to fs.  Please do not disregard Composing updates so quickly.  Many of us have put a lot into Composing and have been promised on many occassions that new buffs will be added soon and we were even give a time frame of "weeks" by both BG and Hoof many many months ago.  Composing has been a huge gold sink but i have heard many say they are stopping at level 27 because of the current situation of no new buffs.  I personally at one point was sinking more than 2 million in gold and using 3500 common frags PER DAY !!

Composing never made it to the road map as the community expected that when Composing was introduced all the buffs were in place and they would be discovered by us as we reached each level.   So we did not think there was any work required on Composing.  But, as we are now aware, there were no buffs in place after level 20.

My first ticket about composing was sent 261 days ago.  I have been waiting patiently ever since and heard many promises.

Composing must be given priority as its not a change that is being requested, its something that should have been in place when composing was introduced more than a year ago!  We were told we would unlock new buffs as we progressed through 50 levels of composing......  Not 20 !!  We were also promised new Composing only buffs !!

So please John give Composing the priority it deserves !!

completly agree...do not put composing on the back burner..many things were promised at the beginning of composing that have never happened..many players have spent loads of time, and i mean loads of time (trying to keep coming online every hr to progress is not easy to do) spent much gold , much effort, and tons of frags into composing, all players should be rewarded for this...especailly the part where there was supposed to be composing only buffs !!!   1 should have been in place for every 10 levels to get players started and to keep them going. ..composing only buffs would have done that...they are really really needed...please work on making composing better for all ,and for more to get interested in..awesome gold sink for the game..please do not put on the back burner..this is way way more important than most anything on the roadmap

Edited by yodamus, 11 November 2014 - 21:34.

#97 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 22:07

I don't agree that composing should, automatically, become a priority.

There are MANY MANY things that need attention of which composing is just one.

How about, rather than us all demanding that a facet of personal interest be given urgent attention, we just let him re-familiarise himself with the game and then let HIM AND THE TEAM decide what needs doing to each area ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#98 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 22:27

I don't agree that composing should, automatically, become a priority.

There are MANY MANY things that need attention of which composing is just one.

How about, rather than us all demanding that a facet of personal interest be given urgent attention, we just let him re-familiarise himself with the game and then let HIM AND THE TEAM decide what needs doing to each area ?

Of course its your right to disagree.  But my point was Composing is not a "change" that is required.  Composing was discussed and 50 levels of buffs and new Composing only buffs were promised when it was introduced over a year ago. 

However only 20 levels of buffs and no new composing only buffs were put into place.  

50 levels of Composed buffs should have been put into place more than a year ago when it was introduced and should not be viewed as something that needs ammending or updating....  IT IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM THE VERY START

#99 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 00:01

There's a lot of talk here about priorities and what we want as a community.  Nobody can dispute this.  A lot needs to be done, and many things that have been shoved to a back burner will have to remain there a little longer.  Everybody acts as if changes should just happen lickety split as soon as they are brought up, but things are just in a discussion stage here at best.  Let out new (old) guy here get back into the swing of things before we jump the gun and make demands.  I know we want composing fixed... I'd like to see what's next in Present Darkness, too, but neither are as important to me as seeing what changes will be made to PvP and the Bounty Board, whether the EOC players will ever get their portal (walking 50+ levels has got to be brutal, not to mention being a stam leak from Hades.) The things mentioned here so far barely scratch the surface.  

One thing I might suggest... There are current threads concerning most of the major issues we have.  Mr Mohawk/Radneto here has already said he would be reviewing such threads.  Post your views, ideas and concerns in these specific threads, rather than, here, so it's easier for him to digest....  And by all means, lets get more people back to the forum.  Tell your friends and your friends' friends to come weigh in too... This is how the cows can know what we need and what we want....  It's not rocket science, folks :)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#100 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 00:12

^ Well said.