#82 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:43

Excellent update, and thank you very much.

Just food for thought....

The current stamina max is 500K gold per day and max stamina is 250K per day. Ignoring the one time upgrades of backpacks for 7.5 million, that is 750K max per day possible per player. A great start, but I would recommend monitoring how things go, with the thought of possibly adding more options at a later time, ones that can take even higher amounts of gold out per day.

I would suggest future options at a 200K rate, where it's roughly the same as the marketplace.

But again, awesome work, HCS :lol:

#83 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:53

First off, this is a worthwhile update for everyone, so big thumps up to the moo moos on that!!!

Secondly I am sure it has sunk a storm of gold initially, but I doubt it will have a long term effect on the marketplace, unless more options are added asap, and the price for the upgrades are regulated - as they are now, the gold upgrades are mad cheap. Sure it helps the new players, but also undermines the fsp upgrade system.

The amount of upgrades for gold limitations are silly i my eyes. I get it is to make the gold sink constant, and add the incentive for ppl to still use fsp upgrades if they want major character upgrades - but tbh I find the upgrades too small. Had we been able to do at least the double (or preferable x10 times), it would already have had a more lasting effect on the marketplace.

.. and why the f*¤% can we only buy 5 bp slots in total with gold? Makes no sense to me at all! If you wanna open this possibility in the game (as you should, and now have) - well, open up for it. Don't just add a little taste, and then go "uuh no more than this hihihi" .. tease! :wink:

TL;DR version: Great addition, add more upgrades, unlock limitations on amount of upgrades.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#84 uscx

uscx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:53

You guys are smarter than you look :mrgreen:

#85 fs_griswold

fs_griswold
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:59

need way more for this to be any fun.. find more to put in there.

- +1% Experience towards next level (Max +5)
No, this can be easily abused by high-level players. I don't even understand why this was added in the upgrades section in the first place.

-Reserve Stamina. (Make it just like current stamina upgrade is) would be great to stock up for an XP event.

- +1 Component spots (Max +20)

- +1 Max Auctions (Max +5)

- +1 (Max +5) stam gain for 24 hours. make it reset each 24 hours and make it cost more each upgrade.

= +1 (Max +5 xp gain for 24 hours. make it reset each 24 hours and make it cost more each upgrade.
I don't like this. For me, any upgrade that gives XP really defeats the purpose of hunting.

#86 seven4ngel

seven4ngel

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:01

this are the best of best upgrade all time!!!
Keep it up HCS. thumb up

#87 Mekrushu

Mekrushu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:03

In this latest update, we're pleased to announce the addition of 'Gold Upgrades'.

You can now buy a limited amount of current and maximum stamina each day with gold!

You can also now use gold to buy up to 5 inventory slots.

Check it out on the updated Upgrades page by clicking here!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

While I LOVE the idea of using some of my gold for improving my character....seriously, buying 10 max stamina? I could see 100 at a time, but 10?!? :lol:

FSsig.jpg

Tact is for those that lack the intelligence to be sarcastic!

#88 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:03

The cap on the current and max stam should be increased, 100 current and 10 max per day is not much, it should be something more like 1000 current and 100 max per day.

just my 2 cents worth

#89 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:04

Let us have more backpack slots.. and turn current stam to reserve. Or just add a reserve option. Please. :)

Maybe even an option to bank stamina and turn it into reserve in the future?

#90 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:17

Keep in mind... there is a point where too many upgrades purchased via gold will cut down on the amount of FSP purchased through "donations". HCS can't cross that point and survive, so I think a slow approach is best. Let's see how this update works, then make more options available if necessary to keep the MP low without hurting donations.

#91 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:29

great update!

now i just need to remember to do that max stam upgrade daily 8)

#92 fs_griswold

fs_griswold
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:26

I think upgrades that do not affect game play balance should be the next candidates for the gold-upgrade, that way FSP can still be valuable enough to be purchased thru donations.

Ex:

+1 Max Allies
+1 Max Enemies
+1 Combat Sets
+25 Bio Characters

The reason why Maximum Stamina is a good candidate for the gold purchase upgrade is because it's usefulness is limited by the player's total stamina gain per hour. That's why I think that the +1 gain per hour upgrades (stam and xp) shouldn't have a gold upgrade counterpart.

#93 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:42

hoof after reading the thread would it be possible the +current stamina could it be made to go as reserve stamina ..after all current or reserved it still stamina after all.. reason is two fold lower players with a max stam could hoard there stamina they buy each day till a day they could really use it say a LE event or global event and ppl like me could just save it it can be months b4 i level not always cause i am not at full stam as i just leave it but till i have a enough lvls for it to be worth doing..

^This. More people would probably use the upgrade if it were reserve stam instead of current.

Agreed - I would anyway. 100 extra stam as current stamina is of no use to me, but tucking away 100 reserve stam definately is :)

+1 here

#94 VEGNA

VEGNA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:47

+1 here as well, it would be definitely way more attractive and usefull

#95 Bubbajoe10

Bubbajoe10

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:01

GREAT up date....fun to watch the micro economics of fs at work..points have already dropped ...smart...very smart update ..HOW ABOUT A GOLD UPGRADE FOR THE GUILDS?????

#96 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:29

GREAT UPDATE! I'm EXTREMELY happy and glad for this! its like having a short term goal for the new guys!

I think its a great idea to be able to buy reserve stam for gold. thats 500k to spent at per day!

#97 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44

I got confused. so can i buy the +10 stam upgrade everyday or just once?

#98 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:48

Question: what happens if i buy +4 max stam at (lets say) 3am and + 6max stam at 5am (total 10, that is the daily max).
On next day at 3am will i be able to buy again +4max stam, or i need to wait 5am to reset the clock?

P.S. i hope that makes sense

The reset timer starts when you buy any amount of the upgrade.

Every single day as stated above ^^

#99 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:54

Question: what happens if i buy +4 max stam at (lets say) 3am and + 6max stam at 5am (total 10, that is the daily max).
On next day at 3am will i be able to buy again +4max stam, or i need to wait 5am to reset the clock?

P.S. i hope that makes sense

The reset timer starts when you buy any amount of the upgrade.

Every single day as stated above ^^

Thanks! I understood but i needed to hear it from other people because i thought it was too good to be true :D Good thing its true!

#100 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:43

Excellent update, and thank you very much.

Just food for thought....

The current stamina max is 500K gold per day and max stamina is 250K per day. Ignoring the one time upgrades of backpacks for 7.5 million, that is 750K max per day possible per player. A great start, but I would recommend monitoring how things go, with the thought of possibly adding more options at a later time, ones that can take even higher amounts of gold out per day.

I would suggest future options at a 200K rate, where it's roughly the same as the marketplace.

But again, awesome work, HCS :lol:

Like the upgrade. Great for new players who don't make enough from a hunt to buy even a single FSP at current prices. But after the backpack slots have been bought, the price of gold will go back up! There is just too much gold being made by those with tons of max stamina, myself included... :oops:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: