118 replies to this topic

#81 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 19:28

It's never going to be implemented. They can call it what they want,  but Hoof would never go for free hits without consequences. That would be the final knife in the back of pvp. 

PvP  is part of the game. You knew that when you signed up, or you learned it fairly early on.  If you want to be left alone, there are lots of ways to make that happen. Don't carry gold, don't talk trash in your pm's, your bio, your guild chat as the case may be,  etc......    If you get hit, there is a reason.  A daily, prestige, guild wars, gold, trash talking, etc.  How you choose to respond to said hit is your right. You have lots of options.  But hitting someone without any risk is what the arena is for. If you want to stand up for yourself against a pvp attack, you need to take the same risk as ANY other hitter does.  That's pvp. 

#82 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 20:27

PvP means player vs player.  PvP should not be player vs gang which is the current scenerio.

You have the right to hit  me for whatever your reason, but I should have the right to  hit you back without your buddies getting involved.

If you hit me I should have the right to hit you back or bounty  you, one or  the other  but  not both. 

You should lose your right to bounty me because you were the instigator.  If you dont want me to get a free hit dont hit me first.

Seems so simple but  fair.

#83 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 20:33

pvp = player(s) v player(s)    is that simpler for u

#84 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 16 November 2016 - 20:33

*stuff*

You do not get to control the actions, or reactions of any player in the game. Period.

Make some friends in the game, and I am sure they would hit for you as well.

And b4 the grim one comes around, stay on topic please :rolleyes:

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#85 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 21:42

Ok.. As I continue to read this I realize how much I am disliking the whole revenge button thing.. I mean seriously it is PvP .... why dont we just make the button called hmmm... ohhh i know how about a " pillow fight button " Players act like getting hit and losing some xp wether its 5 levels or 1 level is the end of the world... use your stamina buy the buffs or purchase from composer / Lib .. AL / Cons / Stalker / Overkill / Lightfoot / AM and any other hunting buffs needed and gain them Back...

If pillow fight button is approved Id like it patented and my own custom Weapon for the Great idea that is indeed a pillow... Id prefer my pillow to be stuffed with Feathers not cotton and my pillow cover be made of silk so when I hit with Revenge it doesn't hurt them as bad as a regular pillow

#86 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 22:12

1. I'd like the ladder to be removed, and all hits (with the exception of the BB and GvG) to count towards it.

I love this idea! It was the ladder that drove me away from PvP to start with.

2. I'd like pvp protection to be removed. 

This too.

3. I would like ALL 100 stams in the game, not just ladder and BB hits, to count towards smasher medal.

4. I'd like every single hit in the game, including ladder, to be bountyable.

It would help the BB I believe.

5. I'd like the amount of levels you can take on the BB to be increased to 10+.

Wasn't this the case at one time? seems like I read about it, but it was before I started playing if it was.

6. I'd like MasterThief to kick in 20%+ of the times.

kk, let's not get TOO greedy! lol

7. I'd like Gloat to work FAR better.

8. I'd like Deflect to be completely removed from the game.

Maybe deflect works a little too well, but completely gone? 

9. I'd like prestige to be based on stamina used, so you get less if you 10 stam, and more for a 100 stam hit.

maybe on the BB?

10. I'd like a cappuccino and a grilled vegetable/goat cheese sandwish.

Make my cappuccino French vanilla please! With grilled cheese topped with a slice of tomato! yum, yum!  :) 

It's just my wishlist, not a list of suggestions ;) <3

og3DxyP.gif

#87 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 22:30

It's never going to be implemented. They can call it what they want,  but Hoof would never go for free hits without consequences. That would be the final knife in the back of pvp. 

PvP  is part of the game. You knew that when you signed up, or you learned it fairly early on.  If you want to be left alone, there are lots of ways to make that happen. Don't carry gold, don't talk trash in your pm's, your bio, your guild chat as the case may be,  etc......    If you get hit, there is a reason.  A daily, prestige, guild wars, gold, trash talking, etc.  How you choose to respond to said hit is your right. You have lots of options.  But hitting someone without any risk is what the arena is for. If you want to stand up for yourself against a pvp attack, you need to take the same risk as ANY other hitter does.  That's pvp. 

+1... no, +872987379 rather :)

og3DxyP.gif

#88 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 23:33

I really dislike PvP, but as many said before, it is part of the game. Even when I am hit I just let it go. But I am always trying to avoid to be a target. Sometimes is very difficult because I cannot play 24/7 and I earn money by selling something, thus, eventually I have more than I want in hand.

Even so, I would like to suggest something as PvP is unwanted by many (don't know how many). Every time I got hit I realized people hitting me always use all or most gears from the guilds. As PvP is person versus person maybe it can only be done using gears you own. Also using buff and potions of your own.

I think this is not so hard to implement and will be good for the economy of the game.

When someone hits me, I don't care about the money as I always can make more. My problem is XP lost.

Cheers!

Edited by MSCruz, 16 November 2016 - 23:35.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#89 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 23:59

When someone hits me, I don't care about the money as I always can make more. My problem is XP lost.

you also loose XP an gold when you die from creatures..... should that be padded also?

Edited by Necra, 17 November 2016 - 00:00.

#90 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 00:05

you also loose XP an gold when you die from creatures..... should that be padded also?

But this is different, right? I am assuming the risk and also only when I try to hit the creature. It is something planned. PvP is not planned at all. I am playing and suddenly...got hit by someone I am not even fighting against. When I hit some creature I know what can happen, so I use SSI to avoid death. I mean, creatures don't do PvP.

Edited by MSCruz, 17 November 2016 - 00:06.

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#91 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 00:36

But this is different, right? I am assuming the risk and also only when I try to hit the creature. It is something planned. PvP is not planned at all. I am playing and suddenly...got hit by someone I am not even fighting against. When I hit some creature I know what can happen, so I use SSI to avoid death. I mean, creatures don't do PvP.

You can not plan for how another player plays the game (FS). PvP is what gives this game an edge. There has to be consequence for lording about in certain gears, not making allies, not getting random buffed by friends, not smashing now and again to gain at least a bronze PvP medal. And that consequence is likely to be a PvP target. And rightly so.

As many have already said. PvP is part of the game, if you don't wont to be hit don't be an easy target. Geezzz, it's not brain surgery.

Cheers.

wil72

#92 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 00:39

Exactly " RISK" you should convert your gold send it to a friend bank it. dont stack large numbers in your pockets with gold you make your self a target for a gold hit.   if you take the "risk " away where is the competitiveness and the challenge in the game ?  you enjoy going to the store and buying a game u can beat in a day because its to easy (padded)? i know i dont.  why do it to this game.  HCS has gone as far as adding "protect gold" and specifically "pvp protection"  those "protections" dont work with creatures only pvp to save you from the 100 stams... come on now... can there be any reason-ability? pvp has been so distorted for almost a decade now. even the smasher medal is confound to the pvp ladder, so being on the pvp ladder you can earn dominance and smasher.... bit ridiculous.... double incentive for 100 stamming ( isolated )

is this your first MMO? with other live players game play is always unperdictable

Edited by Necra, 17 November 2016 - 00:45.

#93 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 00:50

For the regular player protect gold is probably beyond reach, it is beyond my reach, that's why I have asked for the ability to make one.

#94 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 00:55

you can buy it with gold or fsp

#95 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:11

Bound purse is 3 dots and up in the ah, at 19 dots to my name I can't afford it, I did not see anything for gold at this time, I'll keep looking. Dots are used to buy buffs when I hunt and I spend way more time than I like just to get the few I do.

PvP protection keeps me at the level I am, if it goes away, I'm out.  It is after all the only reason that I keep climbing into new zones which is the only reason I play this game.

When I made my account, they had removed any mention of PvP from the description of game.  I was hooked by the time I got hit the first time. That's game life.

I can be driven from this game though, that's a given.

Oh, and to keep this more or less on topic, I still will not become a PvP player.  It really holds no interest for me.

Edited by Pythia, 17 November 2016 - 01:16.

#96 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:16

+24 Hours PvP Protection. 200,000  gold_button.gif n/a -     +7 Days PvP Protection 1,000,000  gold_button.gif n/a -     +28 Days PvP Protection 3,000,000  gold_button.gif n/a -    

under upgrades in the gold section

your guild dont look after you?  ur paying for buffs.....  guild dont make hunting potions?

Edited by Necra, 17 November 2016 - 01:18.

#97 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:31

+24 Hours PvP Protection. 200,000  gold_button.gif n/a -     +7 Days PvP Protection 1,000,000  gold_button.gif n/a -     +28 Days PvP Protection 3,000,000  gold_button.gif n/a -    

under upgrades in the gold section

your guild dont look after you?  ur paying for buffs.....  guild dont make hunting potions?

Wish i could donate some composing pots to the cause. Got about 200 Free ones in Guild.

#98 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:33

Oh yeah, I have that, I was talking about bound purse.

I take care of myself, If I take care of me, I am always cared for. I don't ask anyone to take care of me, it's hold over from another time and place.

I don't care for PvP and this is the only game I've ever played that has it set up like it is here.

I don't ask for a win button. 

I just play the game as much my way as I can manage, and let others do the same.

#99 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:39

You can not plan for how another player plays the game (FS).

Geezzz, it's not brain surgery.

Hi, wil72. You are quoting my comment out of context. I just replied to Necra because she/he compared PvP with hunting creatures, which is very different. If I get killed by a creature I lose money and XP, but because I did not plan carefully. I can always use SSI and I am not hit by a creature if I don't cry to kill it.
I know PvP is part of the game, but I don't like it. I accept it and I don't take part or hit back or whatever. I don't support PvP. It is my point of view. My suggestion was to make it more fair from my point of view. To me, PvP should only be possible if using its own gear and money to buy the buffs used to attack. For GvG it is OK, if using guild's gear and buff and potions. Probably will not be implemented. It is just a suggestion.

Exactly " RISK" you should convert your gold send it to a friend bank it. dont stack large numbers in your pockets with gold you make your self a target for a gold hit.   if you take the "risk " away where is the competitiveness and the challenge in the game ?  you enjoy going to the store and buying a game u can beat in a day because its to easy (padded)? i know i dont.  why do it to this game.  HCS has gone as far as adding "protect gold" and specifically "pvp protection"  those "protections" dont work with creatures only pvp to save you from the 100 stams... come on now... can there be any reason-ability? pvp has been so distorted for almost a decade now. even the smasher medal is confound to the pvp ladder, so being on the pvp ladder you can earn dominance and smasher.... bit ridiculous.... double incentive for 100 stamming ( isolated )

is this your first MMO? with other live players game play is always unperdictable

I really don't know the problems with PvP from a PvP'er point of view. I am not into taking gold from or deleveling someone. Maybe there is a problem with PvP, dunno. As I said, I accept being hit because it is part of the game. Of course I know I cannot impose what one can do while playing. When I am hit, I just move on. Not complaining anymore about that. I always try to do as you say and don't carry much gold and when I cannot, I accept the consequences. I just think it is not fair to use guild's gear with PvP. But that's OK too. It is not real money, and I can always make more. But as I like to level up, losing XP is not good for me. As for the protection, many times it costs the same as the money "stolen".

As I don't support PvP, it is natural to try to make it harder to happen. You do the same for you opposing point of view, right?

But I am really curious what you think about my suggestion.

Cheers!

#100 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:47

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=63994

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana