91 replies to this topic

#81 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 21:19

Since this has to be directed at me (if not just me) I'll answer...

1) There is no difference between a bug and an error other than it's ramifications. A bug is an error that causes something in the game not to work properly....

2) There is no judgement other than HCS that matters. Nobody but HCS can "pass judgement", but it is clearly within the intended use of the forum to discuss what HCS should do relative to this event.

Nobody is claiming that individuals gained directly - though some may have as not all the pieces are tagged from what I've seen. But, all the pieces created (minus 1 potentially - haven't seen if that one is made yet) are made through a bug. At least one group has come forward and admitted that they knew they were exploiting a bug (or error - you choose the word it's all the same). All of the players that made them know exactly how Behemoth drops and item creation works. My personal opinion is that all those pieces should be removed from the game. As for "restitution for FC, energy and time" that's where the TOA comes into play. Removing the items is the SMALLEST thing HCS should do. In this case I argue the only thing, but the TOA is clear on the largest possible penalty.

#82 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 21:22

If those blueprints had the behemoth drop listed and I was able to make the weapons anyway without the drop then I would be exploiting a bug and should report it. The blue prints didn't have the item listed so I made the weapons.

Wow, interesting point here, I was not aware of that! On a "social" point of view, it doesn't change much, but on a "juridical" point of view, it almost inverts the problem! O_O

#83 ss_tobz

ss_tobz
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2010 - 21:43

Just made a poll - go vote!

#84 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2010 - 22:36

all the major people having there say ,so little old me will put my 2 cents in as well.
Wand and nog went out and read the blueprint ,saw that it was makeable so they went and made it .
nothing wrong with that,well done Wand lots of energy and fc used in the process (so hcs cant complain about that)

Was it a bug ??,proberly was the cows should of checked it but we are only human ,some of us make mistakes.
As for taking all the weapons back ,dont be so stupid ,I for one would leave game as soon as the cows do that
its a level 230 weapon we are talking about ,ok it will help those coming up but what good is it to a e.o.c player

Or is this just a bigEGO thing about bragging rights and whos the best behe hunter ??

The best behe hunter is the player who goes out there with 600 or so energy and trys there best to beat us to the behe ,with all there energy used and only 3 hits they go back to where ever they were and wait for more energy and say next time ill get 4

give them the weapon . The rest of us should all think about that for a minute

#85 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2010 - 22:53

p.s the cows have said not going to change it so whats the issue?

#86 EliJohn

EliJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 23:07

This whole thing is quite humorous. :)

#87 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2010 - 23:24

We're not going to remove them due to our error.

all that needs to be said ???

#88 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 23:35

Aside from all the other U-turns in this game and other HCS products, sure, this says it all.

#89 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2010 - 23:39

Aside from all the other U-turns in this game and other HCS products, sure, this says it all.

no ones keeping you here ?

#90 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 23:41

no ones keeping you here ?

Of course not! I'm just saying - the final word is not always final, and there have been prior examples to show that.

Keep an open mind.

#91 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2010 - 23:41

all these need to be locked before i say something i wont regret :( :x :x

#92 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2010 - 23:43

Okay, this is getting out of hand.

Enjoy the new Behemoth as it was intended.

Do not open a new thread regarding this.

*Locked*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: