252 replies to this topic

#81 Sparks

Sparks

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:12

So Me and my friends were playing last night. Noticed some things but I'll probably forget to tell any of the dev team this so I'll just make a post

Firstly: Why can't we heal through an open doorway? The mana gets used up but the target isn't healed if they're through a door (Othalo Guard Tower dungeon)

Secondly: I don't think having the loot dropped by bosses being "Bound" is a good idea. I "Greed"'d some loot and decided it would be better off in my friend's hand but was annoyed when I couldn't simply give it to him.

Thirdly: Will there ever be a way to respawn a dungeon without recreating the whole group?

Fourth: Fine Arched Bow displays the damage as Melee?

Fifth: 2lx8l85.jpg - Adam said this happened for the Light Dragon, as a Ranger he would kill the dragon "Before command" which I didn't quite understand, and he would get stuck. Unable to finish the quest.

#82 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 13:48

My suggestions for the day - it's about cosmetics ;) :

1. I'll start by saying that I LOVE the quests ;) very in depth storyline, long chain quests, very diverse and dense content, special locations and even NPC animations, just superb. It's beyond my expectations to be honest and so far Eldevin seems to be the only game that was able to match (if not even top) RS's famous quests. During all that voyage in the world of Eldevin though, you get in contact with various NPCs, get hold of special items and even join various groups (from official to the more "obscure"). But nobody knows of your great adventures and you have nothing to show-off...so here comes my first suggestion: how about creating an Adventurers' Hall where ppl would be able to buy special cosmetics, such as an Eldevin Army suit, a Crimson Macabre full outfit or maybe a Racketeer one...or maybe a special cape that will show you've completed all quests in a certain map? ;) Which brings me to suggestion no. 2...

2. Implementing an additional / second character outfit window for cosmetics only. These will have no stats and their purpose will be either the one suggested at point 1 and / or costumising your toon so we won't all look the same and in the same time covering those hideous standard armors - especially considering that a lot of ppl are forced to walk around with mismatched parts for the sake of squeezing more points (and I'd love a cape) :) And finally...

3. how about those relic sets ppl worked so hard for, but unfortunately becoming obsolete because of higher armor sets having better stats? Wouldn't be neat to be able to transfer the stats of your current gear to a lower relic gear set? So this is my final proposal of the day: implementing a special NPC that will transfer the stats of your current lvl gear to relic sets for a fee. You would be required to have the complete rare set and a complete set of armor that can be crafted. The relic will inherit the new stats and loose the initial ones... a trade-off for the ones willing to sacrifice older rare gear for the sake of looking good ;)

#83 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 14:22

My suggestions for the day - it's about cosmetics ;) :

1. I'll start by saying that I LOVE the quests ;) very in depth storyline, long chain quests, very diverse and dense content, special locations and even NPC animations, just superb. It's beyond my expectations to be honest and so far Eldevin seems to be the only game that was able to match (if not even top) RS's famous quests. During all that voyage in the world of Eldevin though, you get in contact with various NPCs, get hold of special items and even join various groups (from official to the more "obscure"). But nobody knows of your great adventures and you have nothing to show-off...so here comes my first suggestion: how about creating an Adventurers' Hall where ppl would be able to buy special cosmetics, such as an Eldevin Army suit, a Crimson Macabre full outfit or maybe a Racketeer one...or maybe a special cape that will show you've completed all quests in a certain map? ;)

Outfits/Cosmetics are already in the list ;)

2. Implementing an additional / second character outfit window for cosmetics only. These will have no stats and their purpose will be either the one suggested at point 1 and / or costumising your toon so we won't all look the same and in the same time covering those hideous standard armors - especially considering that a lot of ppl are forced to walk around with mismatched parts for the sake of squeezing more points (and I'd love a cape) :) And finally...

I'm sure we can work out details of the cosmetic system after it gets implemented.

3. how about those relic sets ppl worked so hard for, but unfortunately becoming obsolete because of higher armor sets having better stats? Wouldn't be neat to be able to transfer the stats of your current gear to a lower relic gear set? So this is my final proposal of the day: implementing a special NPC that will transfer the stats of your current lvl gear to relic sets for a fee. You would be required to have the complete rare set and a complete set of armor that can be crafted. The relic will inherit the new stats and loose the initial ones... a trade-off for the ones willing to sacrifice older rare gear for the sake of looking good ;)

Eh. That leads back to everyone looking the same.

#84 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 15:33

1. Outfits / cosmetics may prolly be on the list, but the suggestion was referring to the way ppl would get them. Buying them from CS for ex is one thing, getting them as a sign of your achievements is another - IMO, of course.

2. There is no current way to use such items since there is no free space in the char gear window. 

3. I don't think everyone will look the same, ppl have different preferences :) I don't think it will hurt to have more options since the makeover ones (that might get implemented later on) will not be visible anyway due to the zoom / camera angle issue :)

Anyway, this is just a suggestion list...it's up to the devs :)  

#85 Othimos

Othimos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 19:35

I'd like to see a monster kill list,  somewhere  i can see the amount and all the different mobs i have killed.

Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

#86 Shalken

Shalken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:19

Some suggestions I have thought of so far that I believe weren't mentioned before:

• Mounts
  • Guilds
  • Auction House
  • Ability to change hotkeys
  • See your character on the log in screen
  • Buyback tab on vendors
  • Dual specialization
  • Vendor price shown on items when selecting for quest reward
  • Display level of friends on the friend's list
  • Ability to link items into chat
  • Easy reply to whispers with one hit of a key
  • Increase message size
  • Show the set bonus before you equip all the pieces
  • Ability to inspect people nearby to reveal their gear and skill levels
  • Window that will compare equipped item versus item in inventory
  • Window that will allow you to see yourself with the item on before equipping
  • Resizable/filterable chat box with the ability to create new window
  • Mail system to send messages and items to other players

#87 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:28

Some suggestions I have thought of so far that I believe weren't mentioned before:

• Mounts  I disagree to this. This is one of those games that mounts would not work
  •  
  • Guilds  Already going to be in it
  •  
  • Auction House Agreed, added
  •  
  • Ability to change hotkeys Already in the list
  •  
  • See your character on the log in screen I would assume this is going to be added
  •  
  • Buyback tab on vendors I could see this being useful, added
  •  
  • Dual specialization ?
  •  
  • Vendor price shown on items when selecting for quest reward could be useful
  •  
  • Display level of friends on the friend's list Already in the list
  •  
  • Ability to link items into chat Added
  •  
  • Easy reply to whispers with one hit of a key not needed. /R is easy enough
  •  
  • Increase message size Didn't know there was a limit. seems unnecessary
  •  
  • Show the set bonus before you equip all the pieces Currently there is no set bonuses, so it is unknown if this was intended already or not
  •  
  • Ability to inspect people nearby to reveal their gear and skill levels Already in list
  •  
  • Window that will compare equipped item versus item in inventory Already built for next patch
  •  
  • Window that will allow you to see yourself with the item on before equipping would probably be a huge difficult thing to code. how about able to see char up close (Would fit into the more control over camera which would mean already in list.
  •  
  • Resizable/filterable chat box with the ability to create new window Resize/filter yes, new window not needed Already in list
  •  
  • Mail system to send messages and items to other players meh
  •  

#88 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:16

• Show the set bonus before you equip all the pieces Currently there is no set bonuses, so it is unknown if this was intended already or not

There are set bonuses. So far it just adds a small amount of vitality, energy, melee, ranged, sorcery or focus.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#89 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:04

It would seem everyone has forgot this one:

Highscores

This will let players see who's ontop, message people who have levels where they could use their services and generally ive you that sense of 'achievement'.

IMO High-scores is almost necessary for this sort of game ;).

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#90 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:17

please please please can we have a hotkey that closes all open windows. Nothing more exhilarating than fluffing around with your inventory and having an elite spawn and start chasing you. Really tests the hand eye skills!

#91 Zurion

Zurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:31

please please please can we have a hotkey that closes all open windows. Nothing more exhilarating than fluffing around with your inventory and having an elite spawn and start chasing you. Really tests the hand eye skills!

The Escape key doesn't seem to do anything. And I keep pressing it everytime I want to close a window :)

Electronic devices function with smoke. When the smoke comes out of them, they stop working.

#92 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2013 - 13:37

Option to login invisible, or friend requests needing to be accepted

I do not have any problems, everyone in the game is great tongue.png

This is just something I think would be a good option to have, upon full game release. Currently you can add anyone in the game as a Friend, they do not have to accept your request. This means anyone who adds you, is informed when you are online/offline.

Do you think it would be better to: a ) be able to "login invisible" or b ) to have to accept a friend request before you are listed on others friends lists

What does everyone think?

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#93 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 13:38

have to accept a friend request before you are listed on others friends lists

This ;)

#94 Zurion

Zurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 27 March 2013 - 15:11

Would be nice to be able to see both the action bars at the same time, rather than having to press z everytime we want to see one or the other. Z could be used to make one of those two the primary action bar, that will work with numbers, and for the other one you'd have to click the spells.

Electronic devices function with smoke. When the smoke comes out of them, they stop working.

#95 Zurion

Zurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 27 March 2013 - 18:01

Would be nice to have a pop-up asking us if we really want to Discard  a plot while farming. Sometimes we might miss-click, and losing a plot that's almost ready for harves won't make anyone happy :)

#96 Zurion

Zurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 27 March 2013 - 18:32

One more, and I promise I'll stop posting suggestions for a while :) A visible cooldown on the homestone would be helpful :)

#97 Neofito

Neofito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:56

I haven't been very active till the moment, but here are my two cents

• When we use (press the hotkey) a skill, if the char isn't in the skill-range the char autoruns till reach to skill-range; this can be good for melee chars, but no so good for range chars; maybe we could have an option to switch it on/off; if it is on it will work like now, and if it is off the char won't begin the autorun and a message is displayed at the top of the screen: "You are out of range in order to use this skill (or something like that)".
  • All the system chat is displayed into the general chat (coins you get, finished quest, etc....), and it's a lot of spam; would be good have an specific chat channel for this messages.

In life the things aren't white or black, the certain is that they are composed of a beautiful variety of grey tones.

#98 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 23:09

There are set bonuses. So far it just adds a small amount of vitality, energy, melee, ranged, sorcery or focus.

Really? When I was wearing the Azraq set from The Boondocks I didn't see any bonus at all.

It would seem everyone has forgot this one:

Highscores

This will let players see who's ontop, message people who have levels where they could use their services and generally ive you that sense of 'achievement'.

IMO High-scores is almost necessary for this sort of game ;).

Interesting, i thought that was already on the list.

Added

We are getting keybinds. But I'll specifically add this one, because omg I try to use esc to close windows constantly.

I do not have any problems, everyone in the game is great tongue.png

This is just something I think would be a good option to have, upon full game release. Currently you can add anyone in the game as a Friend, they do not have to accept your request. This means anyone who adds you, is informed when you are online/offline.

Do you think it would be better to: a ) be able to "login invisible" or b ) to have to accept a friend request before you are listed on others friends lists

What does everyone think?

Friend Requests needing to be accepted is on the list.

Would be nice to have a pop-up asking us if we really want to Discard  a plot while farming. Sometimes we might miss-click, and losing a plot that's almost ready for harves won't make anyone happy :)

could be used for more than just farming. Added.

One more, and I promise I'll stop posting suggestions for a while :) A visible cooldown on the homestone would be helpful :)

Added

I haven't been very active till the moment, but here are my two cents

• When we use (press the hotkey) a skill, if the char isn't in the skill-range the char autoruns till reach to skill-range; this can be good for melee chars, but no so good for range chars; maybe we could have an option to switch it on/off; if it is on it will work like now, and if it is off the char won't begin the autorun and a message is displayed at the top of the screen: "You are out of range in order to use this skill (or something like that)".
  • All the system chat is displayed into the general chat (coins you get, finished quest, etc....), and it's a lot of spam; would be good have an specific chat channel for this messages.

The auto-run thing I don't see as a big deal. You still need to move into range to use an ability, so why does it matter if it does it automatically or you do it manually.

I agree with the chat thing, added.

#99 MPrime

MPrime

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 00:41

2 suggestions: :ph34r:

1º - a better way to eliminate things from inventory (without that confirmation thing, if i want is because i want, dont ask me twice :P ) :ph34r:

2º - a better way to gain profession XP ( like with a better pick axe we can gain a little more XP, don't judge me, i'm a lazy ass matherf*****)  :ph34r:

and great game im loving it  :wub:  (excetp the "ice spiders" they creap me out all blue and stuff :angry: )

#100 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:46

2 suggestions: :ph34r:

1º - a better way to eliminate things from inventory (without that confirmation thing, if i want is because i want, dont ask me twice :P ) :ph34r:

2º - a better way to gain profession XP ( like with a better pick axe we can gain a little more XP, don't judge me, i'm a lazy ass matherf*****)  :ph34r:

and great game im loving it  :wub:  (excetp the "ice spiders" they creap me out all blue and stuff :angry: )

Both already in the list. #2 sort of. read my posts on Page 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: