153 replies to this topic

#81 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 22:41

I was ready to blow tons of fsps and high lvl pots cuz I thought it would be a x3 like last year but now I'm not sure about what to do lol

+1

#82 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 22:49

I was ready to blow tons of fsps and high lvl pots cuz I thought it would be a x3 like last year but now I'm not sure about what to do lol

I would suggest you to enjoy the event that HCS is giving us, being thankful - It doesn't have to be way overpowered to be a great event, it's just about being happy. HCS don't even need to give us such an event, they do cause they want to - so please don't feed the greed, let's have a nice event here in the spirit of HCS generosity

Cheers

Centus

I enjoyed it better last year better. HANDS DOWN!

#83 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 22:55

+1

LMAO!!

"I don't get out of bed for anything less than a triple XP event, darling!"

It may be a struggle, but I think you can force yourselves to participate in the poor man's triple XP event that has been put on for us. Or as has been said, save your gear for a triple that may never come. With the global reward potions that were not available last year at the triple XP event, many many people will be burning CON AM LIB AL 500+ distilled this time around, which will be a gamewide apocalypse of XP.

Surely you won't want to be left behind? :wink:

And how can you know in advance you enjoyed last year's one better, hands down? Are you Dr Who?? This one might surprise you!

#84 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 22:57

Christmas event, and quests, global pots burning a hole in peoples pockets err back packs, zombie brews to keep everyone awake while grinding out the levels, yep, good times. Looking forward to it.

Still would love to know the release time for 50 levels of content.Will it be after the event?

#85 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:00

Well ... I love everything about this update. A lot of people were hoping for that 2x event and your delivering. The returning players was an idea I pitched to you about 1-2 years ago and I'm glad your finally rolling it out. The 50 level release should be really nice / competitive for people shooting for top player in the game.

Any word on 1600 tier buffs?

Any LEs coming out soon?

#86 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:02

The greed and personal agenda driven suggestions in this game are really quite astounding. I'm so glad I stopped investing so much effort/time/money here, I don't agree with Hoofs choices here, at all, at least he/they are finally doing something unilateral though. Its frankly stupid to put almost all game decisions to the strange player commitee that we think we are. We players as a whole (not individuals) are too greedy and self centered to be entrusted with such things. Hopefully its a sign of things to come, you never know, perhaps if people don't think the game is ran by the 'forum commitee' any more they'll have more faith in the future, maybe.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#87 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:06

Excited about the double XP event! Will be using some mega potions

#88 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:15

The greed and personal agenda driven suggestions in this game are really quite astounding. I'm so glad I stopped investing so much effort/time/money here, I don't agree with Hoofs choices here, at all, at least he/they are finally doing something unilateral though. Its frankly stupid to put almost all game decisions to the strange player commitee that we think we are. We players as a whole (not individuals) are too greedy and self centered to be entrusted with such things. Hopefully its a sign of things to come, you never know, perhaps if people don't think the game is ran by the 'forum commitee' any more they'll have more faith in the future, maybe.

Well said mate.

Looking forward to the Christmas double xp event and hopefully gaining a few levels and helping Korova towards the top 250 guilds.

Cheers.

wil72

#89 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:22

+1 well said.

#90 darknin12

darknin12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:31

I would suggest you to enjoy the event that HCS is giving us, being thankful - It doesn't have to be way overpowered to be a great event, it's just about being happy. HCS don't even need to give us such an event, they do cause they want to - so please don't feed the greed, let's have a nice event here in the spirit of HCS generosity

Cheers

Centus

LMAO! all these ppl calling me greedy. I don't really care for an xp event I was just saying since we got one last year and the only way I would go the extra mile of getting pots and all that was if it had been a 3x (This maybe not apply to everybody). Believe or not I hate hunting ( don't know if u guys can tell by my join date and current lvl + no one ever said anything about saving fsps for an event that may never come cuz there are plenty of ways I can spend them.

#91 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:08

Mega Content Update

We'll be releasing a mega content update before Christmas which will include 50 levels of new content. This will be a heavily themed linked story arc which we feel will be challenging. We've also got a normal 10 level content update going live next week.

Why cant we have a release a prisoner type of day, once a month, when we can send a banned player an invte for a second chance.

If they do well for 60 days they stay, if they f... up again the whole game suffers a 10% exp loss for all hunting for 60 days.

This game seems to drip medieval or dark ages times aura about it, some people want to play again.

Is a good idea, may need some polishing.

#92 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:22

Mega Content Update

We'll be releasing a mega content update before Christmas which will include 50 levels of new content. This will be a heavily themed linked story arc which we feel will be challenging. We've also got a normal 10 level content update going live next week.

Why cant we have a release a prisoner type of day, once a month, when we can send a banned player an invte for a second chance.

If they do well for 60 days they stay, if they f... up again the whole game suffers a 10% exp loss for all hunting for 60 days.

This game seems to drip medieval or dark ages times aura about it, some people want to play again.

Bring RETSNOM back 8)

#93 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:48

Mega Content Update

Bring RETSNOM back 8)

If this guy was banned, probably HCS had a reason. Or if he opted to terminate his account, it was his decision. Hell no to this

#94 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:13

I'm glad we're getting the xp event we've been hoping for, but given last year's was 3x XP, should we expect that there will be quest rewards along the lines of stam gain boosts (like the epic questlines) and/or current stamina to counter the difference? I do take note that last year there wasn't global event potions to amplify this, which obviously explains the reduction to 2x XP. Just curious if we might expect something along those lines or potentially something more substanitive, which would assuredly be kept under wraps until the end.

Basically I'm curious if we might be seeing something of that caliber (or better) that would give incentive to do the holiday quests and other things during the 2x XP window instead of straight-up leveling.

#95 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:16

One side effect of this is that it will make it very hard - probably impossible - to keep my guild financially viable. Could you (HCS) please give urgent thought to an alternative way to get money to guilds? Is there any reason why the guild (maximum) tax rate needs to be capped at 25%?

Donate gold via deposits.

...Still, my question remains: is there a reason why the max guild tax rate shouldn't be increased?

I agree 100% I think one thing to alleviate this would be to enable guild tax rate to max out. If people don't like the tax rate people place on entry guild members they can leave the guild for elsewhere. (Insert sarcastic comment here about economic concepts. :P)

Besides, the money going to the guilds for structures/upgrades/etc would be another gold sink in an indirect way.

This IS one way to ease the likely sudden panic that WILL cause SOME people to constantly freak out over PVP and try to convert into FSP. It will NOT make a big impact on the likely bump in FSP prices, but it will have SOME impact, even if it lowers it by a few thousand or so, per dot, a simple value change on max tax rate is worth it, plus guild founders and their more devoted members have been wanting the capacity to do so since I started playing.

Also the rebuttal of "that's what deposits are for..." falls flat in rebuttal. I'm saying it serves THREE purposes here.

1) A nice update for guilds to bump up their tax rate that has been called for but refuted for at least three years.
2) GOLD SINK via sent to guild bank for upkeep and upgrade of structures/etc.
3) A SLIGHT drop in the effect of the (certain) MP price spike (how much it will be we won't know till after people use a plurality of the dots from the FSP event I point out...) due to people panicking each time they hunt.

***SUGGESTION: Might I suggest an Anti-Dark Curse for 1600 buffs to counter the Anti-Deflect and fear of smashing for gold??? (More Powerful in base percent than anti-deflect in return for no PVP gold protection upgrade?) To be honest I think the lack of a viable defensive counter to Anti-Deflect is a worthwhile buff to add, especially since it would be limited to the 1600+ people, who would LOVE a nice Dot maker that 1400 lacks (In comparison to the 1200 tier which i use 4 of each hunt, lol).

Edit:
I think these might offer a viable compromise. Should I make a thread in terms of this? Or is this too level-headed? lol

#96 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:14

:D nice update thanks alot, a little off subject here but do you think that guilds like the keep of the four winds could get at least one point for gvgt here would give us a little reason to do more as we do not get anything but rating for a win

#97 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:07

More Gold Upgrades

We'll be adding more Gold Upgrades later tonight which will allow you to buy more Bank Deposits per day and Component Slots.

With the above additions, I'm sure they'll do fine.

I know we haven't seen the price yet, but I would like to suggest HCS to make the ability to pay in rates for example 50k - 100k etc when ever you wish to pay a part (this should also help the new players to afford the upgrades over time without risk of lose the gold) hopefully if this was implemented it would state as followed:

61,352/x.xxx.xxx gold has been paid - and when you succesfully pay the rest (in rates or in full payment) you will achieve the upgrade

When that's said I would like to thank you HCS for the contests coming up, and all the new additions you're adding

Cheers

Centus

to be quite honest, i really like this idea. i don't often say this but a payment plan(for lack of a better term) may help those lower level characters get some of these gold upgrades. now that im responding after already seeing the price 5 mil gold is alot for a level 50 to hold even for the 60 seconds it would take to purchase the deposit upgrade

#98 lbbmf

lbbmf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:33

Alrighty HCS I enjoy this but i have an idea to help everyone make a buff or use cloak for example if you use cloak of level (75) is hides how much gold you have just as it hides your stats. This would stop people from being mad about the whole protection thing.

#99 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:34

Alrighty HCS I enjoy this but i have an idea to help everyone make a buff or use cloak for example if you use cloak of level (75) is hides how much gold you have just as it hides your stats. This would stop people from being mad about the whole protection thing.

There's already a specific buff for hidding gold (Hidden Coffin) - Potion only buff

#100 lbbmf

lbbmf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43

Oh well nevermind then >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: