• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

#81 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:36

as radneto said they did not remove or reset any medal progress, we still have our SE medals so they did not disrespected anyone

our SE kill history has not be erased, we have our medals as proof, only difference is that the "0 SE kills" number start from now

#82 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:40

I have silver SE medal and 0 SE kills too BUT this new 0 kills (number) is only telling how many SE kills you make from now on, you still have your SE medal, SE medal was not removed and in my opinion was good what admins did

I either want it to be my real number, or have it removed otherwise.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 13 November 2014 - 21:42.

#83 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:43

as radneto said they did not remove or reset any medal progress, we still have our SE medals so they did not disrespected anyone

our SE kill history has not be erased, we have our medals as proof, only difference is that the "0 SE kills" number start from now

true ... but ;) there will be people getting titled as ranked 1st to etc ... should make it so it resets every 30 days and award a winner otherwise its getting played as etc etc and who's ya name r the top hunters to any new guy that looks then they look at profiles and see someone has ruby medal and finally they realise that list aint very useful or to much of any point :P

would have been so cool to see how we all matched up and etc, an honest SE list like what was originally wanted :)

#84 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 21:55

true ... but ;) there will be people getting titled as ranked 1st to etc ... should make it so it resets every 30 days and award a winner otherwise its getting played as etc etc and who's ya name r the top hunters to any new guy that looks then they look at profiles and see someone has ruby medal and finally they realise that list aint very useful or to much of any point :P

would have been so cool to see how we all matched up and etc, an honest SE list like what was originally wanted :)

True, current SE top list is to me meaningless. If I should be on top in few months with 2000 SE kills, it would have no value to me as I know someone out there has 5000+ SE kills.

#85 KingHomer

KingHomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:27

Oops, I thought this was the SS2 needs level 500 thread.

Nice update, I guess I should kill an SE today. Or a titan.

I think there should be an individual titan kill list. Not to take away from the guild aspect of Titan kills - but the sheer numbers of titans some individuals kill are amazing.

#86 chslayer

chslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:32

Why not a compromise? 

Seems a lot of SE hunters are upset with the top 250 list and I can kinda see why. I can also understand the starting on equal footing bit, as it gives new SE hunters a chance to make a list.

With the guild top 250, there is the option to see the current list, and then the default list of locked xp

Maybe the SE top 250 list can be the same?

That way the SE hunters who have been hunting for years can still see how they measure up against each other.

Side note: The SE tally on the profile is VERY downheartening, imo. Would be uber happy just to see it removed.

Thanks cows for the update !

Edited by chslayer, 13 November 2014 - 22:32.

#87 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2014 - 22:57

Can we get a attributes reset in honor of the descriptions being added?  

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#88 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 23:15

Can we get a attributes reset in honor of the descriptions being added?  

I would hold my breath for this, but I already know when it will arrive... the same day we get additional stam gain upgrades to buy to take us up to 200 an hour (without epics)  

What can I bribe you with, John?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#89 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 23:27

Why not a compromise? 

Seems a lot of SE hunters are upset with the top 250 list and I can kinda see why. I can also understand the starting on equal footing bit, as it gives new SE hunters a chance to make a list.

With the guild top 250, there is the option to see the current list, and then the default list of locked xp

Maybe the SE top 250 list can be the same?

That way the SE hunters who have been hunting for years can still see how they measure up against each other.

Side note: The SE tally on the profile is VERY downheartening, imo. Would be uber happy just to see it removed.

Thanks cows for the update !

Leave the top rated SE kill list as is, I don't have to go to it. But please take the kill list off my profile. It's something I have to look at daily, constantly, knowing full well it is a gross misrepresentation of the facts. It's a fair compromise...

One final question: why couldn't the kill count be retroactive? Is the data not available?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#90 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2014 - 23:54

We're updating the game with the following changes

My comments in cyan.

• The Level-Up / Attributes page now displays short descriptions of what each stat does.

The description is good for newbies, but why remove the text box to allocate more than one point at a time? It used to be like this, plus one, plus one, plus one, plus one, plus one... but then it was changed to do more than one at a time. Why revert?

• Characters under level 20 will have Damage 'recommended' to them.

mkay

• On the character profile the new descriptions will be added to the 5 common stats.

Ok, but the sprinkling of underlines on profile pages is UGLY. It also spaces the things out and makes the profile less compact.

• The skills page has been improved as well as all mouse-overs for skills throughout the game to give more detailed information on what the skill actually does at the current skill level.

I like this one. Nicely done on the buff pop up window, but on the skills page it doesn't factor in Fury Caster in its numbers.

• Find player will now auto-fill in an appropriate level range when first opened.

This is highly annoying. It's filled in with +/- 5, which is low level PvP range. If someone wants to find that, that's what the Attack Player page is for. Find Player is for finding players for other reasons.

• Right click for menu text added to player profile page above the inventory.

This is more ugly text that makes the page longer. Do not like. If you're going to have "hints" like this, make the option to turn them OFF once we know how to use our backpack.

• Messages received from players now include a quick link to Send at the end.

I guess this only applies to messages received after the update, as ones already in my log don't have it.

• Player profile pages now have an 'Invite to Guild' button.

More profile page clutter. Also, useless when looking at people already in a guild. This is another thing that used to be on profile pages, but was removed as being useless, especially for people who don't have recruiting permissions in their guild. Recruiting is done on the guild recruit page, and cluttering up the profile is unnecessary.

• Add total Titan Kill Points to guild profiles.

This is needed because...? Also, starting at zero is demoralizing, when I just spent about 20 hours soloing that Statue accumulating TKP.

• Add Super Elite Kills to player profile.

This is needed because...? We already have a medal for it. Also starting at zero here is frustrating too. The data is in the medal info, and should be added. Showing "0" Super Elite kills, when someone has a medal for it, is just flat out false information. Remove this number, and put the stamina count back where it was.

• Added new top list for player Super Elite kills, all players will start from 0.

Pretty much same comments as above. If you want everyone on "even ground" for a new Top Rated list, why not make it a weekly or monthly Top Rated list, to reset every week/month?

• Added new top list for guild total Titan Kill Points Earned, all guilds start from 0 as this stat was never recorded in the past.

Pretty much same comments as above.

• Auction House now has a search button next to the text entry field.

More clutter. Using the Enter key is not that difficult.

Moving forward we are aware of many parts of the game players wish addressed and our aim is to get these updates our more frequently and consistently.

Thanks for showing us you're making an effort at improving FS, however unfortunately, many of today's changes feel like a step back or just plain unnecessary.

#91 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 23:59

If historical data for SE kills isn't available, then the least HCS can do is make an approximation on the number of kills based on medal progress percentage. This way the 'Top 250 Super Elite Kills' and 'SE kills' in the profile page would make sense.

#92 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 00:22

Thank you for the speedy update! It is much appreciated. Also, I feel as though the update reassured me a little more about this game's future.

As for the content of the updates. I find very little fault in them. It is good to add descriptions of the stats.

Only negative:

Single click point allocation- I'm really missing the box.

Keep the content rolling! :D

Edited by pinkdude, 14 November 2014 - 03:36.

#93 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 00:46

i dont mind the se and titan kills in the top-rated being set at 0 - it has just unleashed a whole new area of competition..se hunting has some meaning again and titan hunting will be more competitive...all good to me..now just get rid of all the inactives in all the top-rated lists...if they come back..they get back on the list where they belong..

#94 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:07

I support the majority on SE kills on my bio I do not like seeing it.  I think seeing who is on top of the SE kill list is fine with me and if it is 0 I am okay with that.   I also agree that inactive players have made it hard to see where you are at on top lists. I would like to see ranking separated like the guild top level has actual xp showing and the locked xp option.  I will be looking forward in seeing this process applied to inactive players on several listings.  I hope to see in the future some guild activity lists of some sort for example top guild gvg list or even top medal achieved guild listing crazy things of interest would be fun.  ;)

Edited by bigchaos, 14 November 2014 - 01:08.

#95 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:38

The Find Player Page is showing wrong numbers for me.

I'm lvl 1210, and the page is showing players level 1205 to 1215, after any player reach level 200 the attack range expand to 10 levels, so the page should be showing players from level 1200 to 1220.

#96 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:48

I would hold my breath for this, but I already know when it will arrive... the same day we get additional stam gain upgrades to buy to take us up to 200 an hour (without epics)  

What can I bribe you with, John?

Yeah the more time people are playing the game the better...we need to raise that stamina gain people still can pay for the upgrade but give us the option at least, obviously the current stamina formula isn't favored by anyone so why not try something new facebook games are a clear indication that energy based games are no longer popular which is why Zynga has fallen the only platform this is acceptable on is mobile devices this is a game so let the people play it more right now I have to wait a week and a half....so lets quit complaining about the stupid SE killing top list and get this game back on track focus on something thats important not trivial stuff 

Edited by Anonemesis, 14 November 2014 - 02:49.

#97 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:00

My comments in green.

• The Level-Up / Attributes page now displays short descriptions of what each stat does.

Add text box to add more then 1 attribute point to stats

• Characters under level 20 will have Damage 'recommended' to them.

+1

• On the character profile the new descriptions will be added to the 5 common stats.

Remove the underline

• The skills page has been improved as well as all mouse-overs for skills throughout the game to give more detailed information on what the skill actually does at the current skill level.

+1

• Find player will now auto-fill in an appropriate level range when first opened.

Meh

• Right click for menu text added to player profile page above the inventory.

Option to turn off

• Messages received from players now include a quick link to Send at the end.

+1

• Player profile pages now have an 'Invite to Guild' button.

Convenient for guild founders and recruiters but as said not necessary 

• Add total Titan Kill Points to guild profiles.
     Remove
  • Add Super Elite Kills to player profile.

I'd suggest you put a pop up when you scroll over kill streak [change kill streak to something else like Total kills] that shows kills for monsters/SE/LE etc this saves space and still allows for the kills to be shown in our profiles can put kill streak inside it as well the profiles need cleaned up change the text to actual buttons for a cleaner UI

• Added new top list for player Super Elite kills, all players will start from 0.

+1 don't care though

• Added new top list for guild total Titan Kill Points Earned, all guilds start from 0 as this stat was never recorded in the past.

+1 Don't care though

• Auction House now has a search button next to the text entry field.

+1 not everyone knows the shortcuts

Edited by Anonemesis, 14 November 2014 - 03:01.

#98 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:05

SE kills top list is great and all, but could you remove SE killed from profile? I don't really see the point with that this late, it is only giving a wrong picture as "this player has killed 0 SE's" is incorrect on many profiles.

Regarding new TOP lists/ profile view --- maybe at least default to the players medal they have already earned ... same with titan kills... maybe ? I have a bronze SE medal no big deal but if i had earned a diamond and it showed 0 SE kills in my profile ..that would be a little deflating -- however I love the idea and the medals ..MORE MEDALS PLEASE ..lets roll out PLATINUM levels now :)

Edited by bloody18, 14 November 2014 - 03:09.

#99 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:22

tests.jpg

Quick Draft by streamlining more things the easier it is to organize. 

level can have a box that shows the total XP when moused over bringing stamina up a spot making it even and cleaner looking

Edited by Anonemesis, 14 November 2014 - 03:34.

#100 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:30

tests.jpg

Quick Draft by streamlining more things the easier it is to organize. 

I am happy with what i have (classic) but that is BAD @SS =) nice work ! ( the blue glow of the gear is really cool ! )

Edited by bloody18, 14 November 2014 - 03:32.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: