Photo

Game Update v1.0451

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#81 ss_tumak

ss_tumak
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 23:28

I died a few times during my hunt today loosing about 50000. After dying I had each time still 1/4 of my HP left and I didn't respawn at healing facility so I wasn't happy today but have to get used to this. Shortcut key for MS would be nice since you have to activate it more often nowdays.

#82 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 July 2009 - 23:30

It would also be sweet if we could recast without having to deactivate. it is tedious to go through all the steps to keep the skill charged..........

#83 icsbird

icsbird

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 23:31

I think once the dust settles and all resets are out there, this didn't make purists that much weaker. It's a shock and will change how some things are allocated. Armor is the most difficult stat to obtain (maybe not for mutants but still hard) and purists can still ignore that. With mob damage getting into the high 200's that is still a major advantage to be able to ignore. Of course, ignoring it now costs psi points but with intensifier and the decent defense gear I think purists will find this isn't as hard as it might appear right now.

And in case everyone has forgotten, purists also have a base psi skill that increases our armor: Telekinetic Shield increases armor for players using psi armor. Almost every purist I have seen uses a full purist set of something. Simply using telekinetic shield would be a significant boost of armor if any points were spared for it.

#84 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 23:47

I feel like making hamburgers.

#85 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 23:50

It would also be sweet if we could recast without having to deactivate. it is tedious to go through all the steps to keep the skill charged..........

I agree 100%

#86 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 00:16

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

I'll talk with the team on Monday and see if we can arrange an evolution point reset as well.

Also we'll look to get the descriptions on the skills improved - we're happy to listen to any suggestions on what you feel would make them clearer :)

ty hoof :)

#87 doa4life

doa4life

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2009 - 00:42

THe bug of not going to the health center when dying is not just a purist bug, I found this out after leveling tonight.

#88 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:16

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

I'll talk with the team on Monday and see if we can arrange an evolution point reset as well.

Also we'll look to get the descriptions on the skills improved - we're happy to listen to any suggestions on what you feel would make them clearer :)

ty hoof :)

Woooooo!!!....wait....Monday?? :(

Weekends are the enemy...does this mean the horrible lag and respawn bug are going to remain with us for two more days? Dear lord, I hope not

#89 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:01

If we get a hot-key to recharge MS a hotkey to reload ammo weapons should be implemented at the same time. Not sure how difficult either is, but both would improve playability. Of course, I'm sure helper will do this shortly (MS anyway as ammo seems too much for helper to do atm).

#90 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:03

If we get a hot-key to recharge MS a hotkey to reload ammo weapons should be implemented at the same time. Not sure how difficult either is, but both would improve playability. Of course, I'm sure helper will do this shortly (MS anyway as ammo seems too much for helper to do atm).

Yea I don't think the cows will do it, but I'd like to see it on the helper. It's not really that hard for me to reactivate MS every 30 or 40 kills, but I only have 1.8k energy to burn. When new content is released it would be a burden to do so with 10k+ energy

#91 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:05

agreed....

Further.... we should compile a wish list of game mechanics we would like to see....

so far

1. durability meter
2. ammo reload hotkey
3. MS reload hotkey
4. repair packs
5. the mob number keys we were already promised
6. mercs
7. and ...........................

#92 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:06

I am sadly on board with you on this... I wish some of this stuff would be from the cows tho as I really dislike the helper... it slows everything down WAY too much for me.

#93 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:07

1)Extra levels on Doppler Array
2)Buff in replace of Haggle (probably too close to change now)
3)Evo reset, which I believe is coming Monday

Dunno if that's game mechanics but it's what I want

#94 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:08

I am sadly on board with you on this... I wish some of this stuff would be from the cows tho as I really dislike the helper... it slows everything down WAY too much for me.

I am lucky if I can run the helper. I can't run it on this computer even if I wanted too and am rarely on a better computer that can run it. But when have the cows been known to make anything easier for us?

#95 ss_bleltch

ss_bleltch
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:58

THe bug of not going to the health center when dying is not just a purist bug, I found this out after leveling tonight.

It never made sense to me why getting killed automatically transported you to a healing lab. I would say that was the bug and they fixed it.

#96 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:03

It never made sense to me why getting killed automatically transported you to a healing lab. I would say that was the bug and they fixed it.

except the classes all have a skill that is

"+0.1% chance to respawn at your current location with full health. (Only works when killed by an entity)."

so the benefit is really only full health... if you are right about how it was bugged before this skill actually could be useful for the first time. However as it reads, the benefit of the skill is the lack of teleport that we all have now....

If you are correct, health stims are about to become VERY valuable!

P.S.

don't bother - I already cleared out the hub

;)

#97 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:26

lol i just make my own health stims, right now i have 5 of the lvl 120 health stims and 10 of the lvl 50 health stims.

#98 ss_cloud1373

ss_cloud1373
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:06

This is just stupid.. the MS was great the way it worked and was a big reason a lot of people still play this game. Now it is exactly like ssi in fallen sword, why didn't you just call the game fallen sword 2 instead? This game is slowly but surely becoming the exact same game as FS. Are you trying to get people to quit? All this update does is annoy people by having to reactivate the skill over and over again.

#99 ss_insaner6

ss_insaner6
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:14

it actually bugs me as well.. cause.. i never knew that purists are like GODS.. never dying..
while me as a mutant i die about 20-30 times on each hunt..
with the all "loose gold, walk all the way back to repair and spend stamina that way".
not to mention the profit ppl had from soloing that way the Elites and HK..

and no i didnt know that purists were that way, cause the skill's info was clear enough..
that u only survive 1 hit.. or 2 hits, depending the level..

and now ppl are also crying that they are loosing that "bug"? or that they want a free evo poitns reset cause
they used that bug on their own advantage?!

#100 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:19

it actually bugs me as well.. cause.. i never knew that purists are like GODS.. never dying..
while me as a mutant i die about 20-30 times on each hunt..
with the all "loose gold, walk all the way back to repair and spend stamina that way".
not to mention the profit ppl had from soloing that way the Elites and HK..

and no i didnt know that purists were that way, cause the skill's info was clear enough..
that u only survive 1 hit.. or 2 hits, depending the level..

and now ppl are also crying that they are loosing that "bug"? or that they want a free evo poitns reset cause
they used that bug on their own advantage?!

I think the whole problem is that this was not really a bug... or at least it should not be considered one. It has been this way for 90 levels and on the forums as long. If it was truly a bug, it should have been addressed LONG ago. Instead it was accepted as a normal game mechanic and players strategically built their stats around it. If they want to take it away, fine, but they need to allow players to adjust to the change. If you were not clear about it you should have checked the forums long ago, you might have even jumped the fence to the greener side too. You also might ask faction mates why they didn't tell you about it sooner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: