#81 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 March 2014 - 22:30

17.5 Million kills on the heels of the Frag Global and the LE event is a lot.  Since so many do the minimum and have the stam to do more, I have no problem with the Top 100 getting a chest in reward; otherwise, they're just grunts serving many who have the stam and are unwilling to make the effort or stingy with their stam.  The fact that many do not have the stam to gain the top chest doesn't bother me as they haven't invested in their characters as yet, but they will get a great boon from the chest they do receive, thus I see it as a win-win.  But then again I think little kids should also not always get a trophy and learn how to lose at sports and in life, and if encouraged in the right way their esteem will grow from self respect for the effort they put in -- but I know ... old fashioned values.

For me personally, always do more than required on these events and plan do put in an effort as time allows tomorrow.  I've made no goal on kills this time, as I may not be able to sit for a concentrated amount of time and do kills due to RL, but will see what happens.  I know I'll do at least 15K I'm sure and hope that helps everyone.

As to the # of chest sitting around in bp -- that's a little deceptive as that also shows the #'s in inactive accounts.  I know it would be a bear and low priority to program, but would be nice on that game wide inventory if it only noted active player inventory -- say within 14 days or even 7 the typical line between active and inactive.

Cheers to all!

Edited by BraveKath, 29 March 2014 - 22:34.

#82 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:16

As to the # of chest sitting around in bp -- that's a little deceptive as that also shows the #'s in inactive accounts.  I know it would be a bear and low priority to program, but would be nice on that game wide inventory if it only noted active player inventory -- say within 14 days or even 7 the typical line between active and inactive.

Cheers to all!

Not to mention some players like myself already taken out the potions out from the chests, but have not used the potions.

In fact I still have all 3 potions from previous Emblazoned Royal Chests taking up my BP spaces along with others global quests rewards :(

#83 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 13:58

Going along with this, I have chests and rewards in my backpack from quite a while ago (that milk and cookies should taste real good around now :-\ )  It all depends on how you play FS as to how you use them,  Also, some of the players with struggling guilds and limited stamina,  have to use their stamina to buff beginning members or to hunt so that their structures will stay up.  There are good and sufficient reasons not to try and make every single kill that it's possible to make.

Except....

As I read on chat a few minutes ago, "This is the most boring event ever!"  

I agree with Kath, that this event came too hard on the heels of the last one, which was unique in a lot of respects, and so was a really hard act to follow.  

Along this same line of thought, don't forget that there are players out there experiencing their FIRST Global event, and the community should remember that this can be a big deal for them.  It strikes me that some of the "level at all costs" guilds would do well to add a proviso to their rules that would give a break from leveling during events like this.

Edit:  Also, it may not be much, but qualifying  gets you one step closer to that next event medal! 

Another thought: (no more after this, my head is starting to smoke...)  With the advent and advancement of composing, "some" of the lower level potilons aren't really needed to conduct a good  event hunt.  I know the prevailing philosophy is that "more is better" but the average player of this event has more options than what were available a year ago. 

Now, get out there and stop the first wave of the Zombie Apocalypse :wacko:

Edited by Tastria, 30 March 2014 - 14:02.

#84 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 14:14

Just want to say THANK YOU cows for this event....i personally try for top 100 EVERY global..guess i just like medals.  BUT i do want to say its nice for the "reward" of the added CHEST, for i spend FSP to try to stay in the top...help out the community and ALWAYS do way more, (hence staying to top 100, or trying). With that...i like what TASTRIA said...for some this is the first one..and would be nice if we made it to ruby....just my TWO CENTS :blink:

#85 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 15:46

Just became very calm :) thanks for the advice! LoL :P

Stay calm...oh no, I wouldn't be human and a man... Kill Zombies - absolutley!  :wub:

#86 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 15:50

Any and all the Global Events are great!  However, (yes, here's the "but"...), having this GE follow on the heels of the Springtime event, I am sure has players starting a low stam.  Even if you were to buy stam from the Upgrades, you would need much more in FSPs than the average player has or I am sure, is willing or able to buy.  So for that, I am disappointed about the timing of the GE... Still got my kills in, but I am hoping for 4th tier topping out.  Looking at the count so far, looks like we'll clear 3rd tier for sure, anything more remains doubtful.  FS Community, prove me wrong!   :ph34r:

#87 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 15:59

I am still waiting on stam to charge. *takes off gear* Now I am ready for some naked Zombie killing.

(I didn't expect the event so I hunted. Just bad timing for a lot of us but I love globals especially with zombies so no complaints other than I have to wait.)

Same for me...I missed the Springtime Event (unavailable during that time) and was fully stammed so I hunted -- next day, the Zombies come to town! 

#88 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 16:17

this is all needed to say - 2000 acitve players around x 5000 kills = 10 mil ...if top100 average 30k kills = 3 mil...13 million..still nowhere close to 17.5 mil ...there has to be more players active or 17.5 mil kills for any global will be hard to hit..game needs really badly to keep more players and get more players...

#89 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 17:26

The Bronze Tier has just been qualified for in the global event!

Note that the top 100 contributers to event will receive a Emblazoned Royal Chest in addition to the reward for the tier that's achieved by the community :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

I FU$%%%ING HATE THIS.... lol

Now, on a more positive note:

Hoof: that add-on is probably a great idea to be implemented for every GL. A tiny (let me underline "tiny") bonus for the top 100.

However, please, please, pretty please... STOP CHANGING THE GAME MIDWAY THROUGH...

Here's the deal: Ruby tier is something that needs community effort. And, for the record, I've seen a bit. This time I have actually seen an offer from one player for the top 100 on upping the "prize"... obviously, that may or may not happen.

In a real community situation, that'd be great and we've seen it many times.

Why do I hate the "sudden reward"?

The top 100 is reward enough in my opinion. Now, of course this is theoretically personal. Nonetheless, most people would be thinking this global isn't worthwhile for the super-stammed... they'd go for the top 100 medal thinking they have a shot and, all of a sudden, the big stam people have a shot at getting something more, above and beyond the community.

How is that helpful?

In fact, isn't it quite the opposite? Once again, the lower stam players will be blocked out.

Seriously. If just 3,500 FS players found it worthwhile to do the 5k hits... we'd have Ruby tier. That seems ludicrous to me, though I don't really know how many FS players there actually are nowadays. I also happen to believe getting the Ruby tier shouldn't be easy.

My main message is: don't change the rules. I hate the fact that you upped the reward, because you just screwed all of us who were going for the top 100 and had figured that the rest of stam people wouldn't bother.

I myself expect to make it. But if I had half my stam and had calculated that nobody would be going for it based on the reward... well, I used all my stam to get into the top 100 based on my analysis of the situation. All of a sudden, you decide to give a reward to the people that weren't participating... and now that they have a "reason", my logic is out the window.

Edit: made a typo... actually need 3,500 to do 5,000 hits to get the 17.5 million. It's changed above.

Edited by Egami, 30 March 2014 - 17:28.

#90 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 19:36

PS... forgot to say thanks for there being no top 100 reward. Hoping it gives others that want to give it a shot a chance to show their community spirit and get in on the event. Top 100 medal, especially considering the prize pots, are good enough for me.

Everybody sing: C is for cookie, good enough for me...

Wow, I can quote myself, lmao... So... can I take the thanks back since it was done anyway? lol

23k+ kills... will it be enough? Just hoping HCS doesn't decide to extend the time... *crosses fingers*

#91 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 19:37

if they extend the time and reduce the target, i will lose faith

#92 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2014 - 20:22

well can't go hunt em myself sadly so it's all up to you guys

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#93 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 30 March 2014 - 20:25

can we have 24h more? :P

Maybe some players dont play on weekends

Edited by spyders, 30 March 2014 - 20:28.

#94 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2014 - 21:04

Wow, I can quote myself, lmao... So... can I take the thanks back since it was done anyway? lol

23k+ kills... will it be enough? Just hoping HCS doesn't decide to extend the time... *crosses fingers*

I'm finally getting my medal yay!!  :D

fortune cookie: other will be impressed with your generosity.  :)

sigma_468x60.jpg

#95 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 22:04

can we have 24h more? :P

Maybe some players dont play on weekends

Doubt if it would make much difference... :rolleyes:

#96 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 22:22

this is all needed to say - 2000 acitve players around x 5000 kills = 10 mil ...if top100 average 30k kills = 3 mil...13 million..still nowhere close to 17.5 mil ...there has to be more players active or 17.5 mil kills for any global will be hard to hit..game needs really badly to keep more players and get more players...

Agreed, but perhaps if the time was extended, maybe 48 hours, or if the creeps dropped something, resources perhaps, that would spark more interest & lead to more, higher participation... :D

#97 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 23:12

if you extend and someone gets knocked out of top 100 then it's not fair to them to miss the medal and reward

Screenshot everything!

#98 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 23:45

The event shouldn't be extended, nor should the kill count be changed (for this event) - it is what it is. We can either succeed or fail - this time, we'll fail.

I don't know about other players, but purely from MY perspective, I've done the minimum this time (as, obviously, a lot of other players have, for whatever their reasons) because of an imminent content release taking the game to Level 2000 and I'm saving my stamina for that.

It's not written down anywhere that we HAVE to get the highest level reward everytime ya know ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#99 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 00:08

The event shouldn't be extended, nor should the kill count be changed (for this event) - it is what it is. We can either succeed or fail - this time, we'll fail.

I don't know about other players, but purely from MY perspective, I've done the minimum this time (as, obviously, a lot of other players have, for whatever their reasons) because of an imminent content release taking the game to Level 2000 and I'm saving my stamina for that.

It's not written down anywhere that we HAVE to get the highest level reward everytime ya know ;)

Saving stam for new content is the reason I only did the minimum this time also. 

#100 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:39

so close to gold enough time for one more hunt b4 its over

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana