Photo

Increasing unhappines in the game? Let us fix it together.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#81 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:35

Players should only have 1 character hoof. Please, don't open the floodgates for more multies :(

I believe it was meant to be on 2 different servers which means there would be No co-mingling between the 2 characters

Indeed :)

Would it be exactly like the FS we play today except we start from lvl 0 ? How would it work if a new player started on server 2 but then wanted to play with all the big player from server 1 ?

#82 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:59

In the forum if they could just do something as little as leave a hoofprint on the threads and comments that they have read it would help. At least we could see that they have been present.

I like that idea :)

Would that be the X's on posts now?

Looks like it -- and here is a perfect place to let rip with the icons lol -- HCS has a literal, sorry, pictoral hoofprint already,. Replace those Xs with the HCS hoof ... perfect :)

#83 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 21:01

Looks like it -- and here is a perfect place to let rip with the icons lol -- HCS has a literal, sorry, pictoral hoofprint already,. Replace those Xs with the HCS hoof ... perfect :)

8)

#84 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 21:03

LOL -- that was fast :lol: Looks great :D

#85 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 21:43

Please don't split the game in two servers, you would have a rush to join the new one and the old one would die, new players would join only the new server so the result is:
server1: old players who dont want to restart, and obviously everyday there would be less players
server2: a much lower number of players than now (and the game already has too few players)

sorry but theres no space for 2 servers

#86 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 21:45

Please don't split the game in two servers, you would have a rush to join the new one and the old one would die, new players would join only the new server so the result is:
server1: old players who dont want to restart, and obviously everyday there would be less players
server2: a much lower number of players than now (and the game already has too few players)

Agreed - rather than spend the time and money to invest in a 2nd server, spend it on the first and get everything tickety-boo with it :)

#87 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 April 2012 - 22:05

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread!!

And thank you for creating it :)

I realise we aren't perfect and don't always get everything right. We really do always try to do what's best for the game as a whole - which not everyone will always agree with.

It's always difficult when there is two opposing groups of players discussing an aspect of the game (for example PvP).

I really like the idea mentioned earlier in the thread about adding a hoofprint to threads that we have commented in as it would not only be a good reference for us, but it would give a cleared indication to the community that we were actively getting involved on the forum.

What would be really helpful would be if everyone could list their issues with the game currently (ie. if skill isn't working as intended etc.) then we can systematically go through the issues and do our best to resolve them before implementing any new features etc.

- hoof

this post gives me hope at least for the immediate future

#88 fs_kairy

fs_kairy
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:36

Agreed - rather than spend the time and money to invest in a 2nd server, spend it on the first and get everything tickety-boo with it :)

You're not quite understanding one of the points that makes the idea of a second server so great. New players on the current server aren't going to donate as soon as they realise that they would have to donate over $1000 to stand a chance of one day becoming a high ranking player.

Secondly not all new players would head straight to the new server. I will give an example. I started playing iRO again at around the same time as they opened a new server. I still made an account on the old server and played on that for nearly the same amount of time that i played on the newer server. This goes right through most of the other MMORPGs I play.

Some players would rather join the old server where there are more people than play the new one. And the majority of players on the new server at the start would be players that already have accounts on the pre-existing server.

I do not think that this would draw players away from the new server. Think of it this way. You have 2000 max stam. You hunt. You now have nothing else to do apart from maybe converse with guildies. So you say, i know I'm going to make an account on the other server (this could cut both ways) and that way I would have something to do whilst my stam is recharging.

Hoof even said himself that content wouldn't be a problem. The only real expenses would be for the servers as more data would make it harder to maintain. You also said that HCS would be better off fixing the first server instead of wasting there time on a new one. Couldn't these "fixes" on the current server then be applied onto the new server? If say that the amount of content that needs to be generated suddenly increases greatly to the point where the current staff can't handle it they could always hire new staff. As i already pointed out the amount of potential profit to be made is rather large, and this would be one of the major factors for a profit organization such as HCS.

And as an extra point there would be no communication,trades,buffs, auctions,pvp,gvg or anything at all going on between the two servers.

I wish to thank hoof for responding so quickly, you have no idea how great it feels having staff that actually respond to peoples ideas and concerns, instead of just decorating over it and acting like everything is going greatly. I've had enough of that from Activision lately.

#89 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 13:33

The game is Good, but there are issues that make it unfair, which generates anger toward players that follow the rules and play fair...

We need to look after our new players and eliminate multis who profit from the new whilst simultaneously killing the game. Other games online either kill multies, or allow multiple accounts and make folk PAY to swap items between accounts - is this impossible in FS?

This is making a LOT of Super elite hunter mad now. I reported 1 multi in hollows cave,(used to scout for destroyers) and I even knew who it belonged too, but I did not report the name of the person I knew was using it. The Cows did a GOOD job tracking down the IP, and got the account of the person I knew was running it, even though I did not tell them who it was. That system worked...

BUT...

While the multi's are gone, the main player is back, after a 24 hour ban. He made a good profit from running those multi's, found a lot of se's with them, plus reward videos no doubt. And you don't even have to waste much stam. Odd's of doing it again? very high i'd guess...

Why do I have to play by the rules if others do not, or are not even punished for breaking them?

#90 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 13:39

The game is Good, but there are issues that make it unfair, which generates anger toward players that follow the rules and play fair...

We need to look after our new players and eliminate multis who profit from the new whilst simultaneously killing the game. Other games online either kill multies, or allow multiple accounts and make folk PAY to swap items between accounts - is this impossible in FS?

This is making a LOT of Super elite hunter mad now. I reported 1 multi in hollows cave,(used to scout for destroyers) and I even knew who it belonged too, but I did not report the name of the person I knew was using it. The Cows did a GOOD job tracking down the IP, and got the account of the person I knew was running it, even though I did not tell them who it was. That system worked...

BUT...

While the multi's are gone, the main player is back, after a 24 hour ban. He made a good profit from running those multi's, found a lot of se's with them, plus reward videos no doubt. And you don't even have to waste much stam. Odd's of doing it again? very high i'd guess...

Why do I have to play by the rules if others do not, or are not even punished for breaking them?

I think it is probably a good idea not to make uninformed statements...

#91 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 13:44

BUT...

I think it is probably a good idea not to make uninformed statements...

I asked earlier and will ask again, why should we as a player base be tasked with doing your job and finding multies. I SE hunt and see them all the time. My guildie recieved a message saying to let a farmer switch accounts as he was out of stam on his main one. HCS is supposed to provide us with a game free of these and you say you have a system, it clearly is not working.

Your player base is fed up with seeing accounts returned from those who are using multies and you continue to do nothing and sweep our anger under the rug. A lot of people don't submit tickets for fear of getting on your bad side. I myself was temp banned for using my blackberry and "accessing a banned IP" that I had no control over. Thats one strike against me so I will not submit any reports of a multie cause if im wrong you would prob view it as unwanted attention or false reporting. If im wrong than you being HCS need to change our, the customers, opinions.

#92 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 13:47

Perhaps i'm in error somewhere. I was glad they did a follow up on the ticket, and it is still active. It was the cows that did the work tracking it down, and i'm happy about that.

We could use a way to add a ticket to private messages, since I have had people tell me they run multi's, which I do follow with the report message button.

At any rate, thank you for giving us a place to vent abit, and a way to report it.

#93 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 13:57

I asked earlier and will ask again, why should we as a player base be tasked with doing your job and finding multies. I SE hunt and see them all the time. My guildie recieved a message saying to let a farmer switch accounts as he was out of stam on his main one. HCS is supposed to provide us with a game free of these and you say you have a system, it clearly is not working.=

I have not asked anyone to find multi accounts, but if they are aware of any they should report them to us. You cannot complain about multies in the game if you are in full knowledge of them and do not tell us.

=Your player base is fed up with seeing accounts returned from those who are using multies and you continue to do nothing and sweep our anger under the rug. A lot of people don't submit tickets for fear of getting on your bad side. I myself was temp banned for using my blackberry and "accessing a banned IP" that I had no control over. Thats one strike against me so I will not submit any reports of a multie cause if im wrong you would prob view it as unwanted attention or false reporting. If im wrong than you being HCS need to change our, the customers, opinions.

I, nor any other member of staff will discuss what has happened between other players accounts. This is not sweeping anger under the rug, this is a privacy issue. You hit a banned IP, and were released back into the game. This happens occasionally and is not a slight against you, nor is it a strike. You are entirely incorrect with your assumption that we would punish players for reporting suspensions about others, we have never done so nor ever will.

#94 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 13:59

Perhaps i'm in error somewhere. I was glad they did a follow up on the ticket, and it is still active. It was the cows that did the work tracking it down, and i'm happy about that.

We could use a way to add a ticket to private messages, since I have had people tell me they run multi's, which I do follow with the report message button.

At any rate, thank you for giving us a place to vent abit, and a way to report it.

We have investigated the issue, and the investigation is still ongoing at this time. Do you mean the PM's in the Forum? You can click on the (!) symbol in a PM in the forum, or click the REPORT link on any log message you receive in-game to report a message to us.

Thank you :D

#95 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 April 2012 - 14:05

You cannot complain about multies in the game if you are in full knowledge of them and do not tell us.

They are reported to the cows, quite frequently. Yet it seems that having a few family members with accounts or having husband/ wife accounts = instant get out of jail card. Bascally meaning risk free account sharing.

#96 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 14:07

You cannot complain about multies in the game if you are in full knowledge of them and do not tell us.

They are reported to the cows, quite frequently. Yet it seems that having a few family members with accounts or having husband/ wife accounts = instant get out of jail card. Bascally meaning risk free account sharing.

What would you suggest that we do in that case?

#97 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 14:10

Allow no sharing of anything between accounts listed in the same household, or charge them a large fee to transfer would be a start in my opinion.

#98 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 12 April 2012 - 14:12

This is opening a can of worms. Probably best if people (including HCS staff) stop discussing the current topic of multi's and the way support handle it here. It's only going to get messy.

People with Web and security experience, know what can be done. Limitations are only by what end user experience is then impacted by(the tighter the security, the less user friendly it becomes). This is not something that should be discussed on the forums though, there are too many presumptions thrown out. It's better the coders liaise with a security consultant if this is required.

#99 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2012 - 22:38

Perhaps a good (temporary at least) "pacifier" might be if the cows explained how they dealt with multis ? (not how they detect them, but how they punish them)

is it ..

1. All multis are terminated and the host account gets off scott-free.

2. All multis are terminated and the host account gets a "do that again and you're terminated too" warning.

3. All multis are terminated, the host account gets a suspension and is then free to do the same again.

4. All multis are terminated and the host account gets terminated too.

5. Something else.

I know the cow answer will be that "all cases are treated on an individual basis and won't be discussed". However, that, I feel, is not exactly an ideal solution.

If someone is blatantly breaking the very clear "you are only allowed one game account" rule, then it shouldn't matter who they are - the punishment should be the same, regardless of what it is.

#100 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 23:40

Prevent trading of any items fsp etc between approved accounts and monitor 3 party accounts used to transfer fsp gold and items between those accounts.
It wont take long to find where the profits are being sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: