Photo

Upcoming Achievements (and suggestions!)

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#81 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:52

One of the most guildoriented things are relics, right?

So there should be achievements around that. And somehow find a formula to balance them to the size and level of guild.

Relic Kings: Guild has held 1 relic for HOUR X LEVEL of guild.

Relic Snatcher: Guild has captured X amount (formula here with guild virtual level) of relics

Relic Hoarder : Guild has held 3 or more relics same time more than X times.

This obviously goes to individual achievements too. Groups joined, groups created,relics captured.

One of the most guildoriented achievements should be buffs casted. Yes totally abusable but still ...

The mercenaries reward is plain silly since its buyable. But it will be a gold sink so let it stay.

Creature classes :does anyone ever care about that? They have no meaning in current game mechanisms whatsoever, apart from the odd Holy Flame usability on undead or Necrosis+HF combo for a non 1-hit critter.

#82 oucho

oucho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:56

guild has invited/enlisted X amount of noobs... say - [ lvl 1 to 25 ]

guild has invited / enlisted x amount of multis ;)

sounds like an expert

#83 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:01

No retroactives places unnecessary restrictions, anything one time is than out like doing quest, reaching level

If the reward is like an extra backpack space than it should take effort to earn. Would love to see the reward related to the achievement.

Got one idea, think you can guess what it's for: :)
It's got to be Perfect

#84 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 13:27

Great addition to collectively achieve something else in game. I hope this can include all activity to date, many players won't have quests or certain things left to do in game.

#85 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2012 - 13:28

I'm really liking some of the ideas that have been suggested - please keep them coming! :D

#86 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 13:34

I think its being mistaken as these are going to be medals coming.....from what i am reading and understanding it looks like these will be icons and counters...not medals.

#87 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 13:56

At current state of PVP within game I cant come up with any solid promoting PVP activity that will not be even bigger fail than all previous stuff :

If you make a guild building like the training pit / combat pit as of Scrogger suggestion. If xp loss is involved ( maybe nerfed). Then you could have guild achievements for those that train alot by combating each other inside guild . Must be capped to prevent obvious abuse.

#88 fs_lordneo

fs_lordneo
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 14:05

my idea for a new achievement for guild to be added is....
have x number of active players staying in your guild for a length of time.

#89 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2012 - 14:08

shopaholic : buy 100 items from ah
mercent : sell 100 items from ah

#90 Phlyon

Phlyon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 14:49

These all look good. I've been needing a few new goals to shoot for lately.

#91 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 15:04

I continue to be far more interested in the types of "special bonuses" that could be given out for Achievements, instead of the actual achievements themselves. (Frankly, most of the suggested ones, in principle, are both relatively self-evident and agreeable to me, so I see no reason to add my two cents on that, whereas NO ONE has commented on the bonuses yet.) Upon further reflection, I'm not sure you need to restrict bonuses from Personal Achievements -- as a friend pointed out to me, even now, older players have an advantage over newer ones because they can buy the better gear, Epics, etc, so this wouldn't be far too different. Still, I would not want to see an increase to base stats (attack, defense, etc), but I think I'd be more accepting of an increase to gains.

As for Guild Achievements, though, again on further reflection, I would like to see these give unique bonuses, which aren't achievable through Relics -- which already exist in the game as a method for Guilds to improve their stats, as a whole. Relics focus primarily on gains (stamina, xp, and I think even some gold), max stamina, and base stats. I would like to see Achievements, then, give different benefits, such as extra Guild Inventory slots, discounted Mercenary costs, access to special Mercenaries not normally available -- just some possible examples, the point being that these benefits are not available otherwise. I think that by differentiating the benefits from Achievements from the benefits derived from Relics, it would prevent the power gap between new and established Guilds from getting greater than it already is, while also adding interest for established Guilds, as they would be able to attain a benefit that they can't already get through their Relics.

#92 Arnagast

Arnagast

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 15:38

For a personal achievement. How about something for not wearing guild tagged gear. Could be called Hardy = capable of enduring. If you use a guild tagged item then it would be reset and you start over. Only one I can think of at the moment.

#93 Hagg

Hagg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 15:50

I totally agree with LawyerGod that making the bonuses from the achievements different than relics would motivate all players to get them. It would also not widen the gap between the established guilds/players and any new guilds/players. Giving extra guild/player bp spaces or individual PvP protection so that if a player accomplishes a goal he/she is immune from PvP, but if they lose it they have to work even harder to get it back. or extra component spaces for pot makers, or an increase to resource gathering/Invention/Extractor skills. How about an achievement that allows players to case skills at a level higher than 175? Could limit it to other players or something. Well I am out of idea's for now. Will get on later if I come up with any more. Thanks HC for implementing these achievements.

Whydha

#94 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 15:50

There are a lot of good suggestions here. Here's some I DON'T want to see:

Anything that penalizes/limits you due to past accomplishments (gaining levels, building structures, buying upgrades, doing quests)

Anything that overlaps existing medals

Anything which involves doing/killing X things should really be considered for a tiered medal. Once a guilds kills X thousand whatevers, then with a single tier achievement, that task is complete. But with a tiered medal, there's more to aim for.

#95 jbutler16

jbutler16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2012 - 15:54

Most of the achievments are stupid, who cares who has killed a lot of goblins?

#96 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 25 August 2012 - 16:02

Achievement for giving no constructive feedback ... if you don't like that one come up with better ones.

#97 Arnagast

Arnagast

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 16:02

The goblins mothers obviously!. Next time they see you they will club your charactor to death knowing how much of an evil goblin slayer you are.

#98 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 16:10

Anything that penalizes/limits you due to past accomplishments (gaining levels, building structures, buying upgrades, doing quests)

Anything which involves doing/killing X things should really be considered for a tiered medal. Once a guilds kills X thousand whatevers, then with a single tier achievement, that task is complete. But with a tiered medal, there's more to aim for.

Would you agree that there should be some kind of balancing factor involved, so achieving the medals is more or less equally hard for big and small?

#99 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 25 August 2012 - 16:19

Would you agree that there should be some kind of balancing factor involved, so achieving the medals is more or less equally hard for big and small?

Since the amount of people in a guild is dynamic and may consist of inactive donkeys to store items I think it isn't a good idea.
It will be harder for smaller guilds, but it will be more satisfied for them, getting the achievement. The journey is often more fun than the end :twisted:

#100 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 16:43

How about a... I spent X gold on getting us to the next global event? [/color][/b]

Now wouldn't that bring down FSP prices? ,oP

Now that could be a phenomenal gold sink - sink 1 billion gold in the next 7 days to "spawn" another global event :)

Yeah... that I could be Guild as well, ie., Guild spent X gold on getting us to next global event.

7 days seems a bit quick to me... but I do think HCS could easily use their same Global Event schedule (whatever that may be) and include a gold amount. If Guilds and/or players get a "square"... well, hey... wouldn't that also be FS teamwork?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: