• This topic is locked This topic is locked
336 replies to this topic

#81 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:37

Ladder - I was never a big fan of the old ladder but the only reason behind it was because the rewards there were really useless, I couldn't see a point to stay there and use my time/stamina/buffs for the rewards I don't need...I think loads of people were thinking the same but what would happen if the rewards would be similar to the current PvP Season rewards? Or if you would be able to get a decent BOUNTED gear set which could be received as a reward ONLY in PvP ladder? The old ladder would be stuffed with people trying to get these rewards and then literally only the best PvP'ers would get the best rewards and not the ones who has the most stamina, not the ones who beats an opponent 2000 levels below him self. All needed to do just to fix the old ladder and NOT completely change the PvP system!!!

BB - the new one doesn't make any sense at all!!! All could be said here, bring the old one! It was perfectly well structured and nothing needs to be changed there, NOTHING!

PvP Seasons - nice idea/great work HCS and obviously it should be kept with couple little tweaks but as an event! And people would be much appreciated for it, a lot people wanted some kind of PvP event and here you go, you have done, so well done!

#82 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:50

Please don't revert back to the old system, there has been too much hard work put into this to just throw it all away :( Also the new system is a lot more rewarding! Yeah there are a lot of things that need to be tweaked but I think if they are sorted it will be a massive success. No point in giving up on it at this stage!!

#83 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:53

Please don't revert back to the old system, there has been too much hard work put into this to just throw it all away :( Also the new system is a lot more rewarding! Yeah there are a lot of things that need to be tweaked but I think if they are sorted it will be a massive success. No point in giving up on it at this stage!!

If the community decide they prefer us to revert to the older system (and work to improve it instead), we'd most likely use the PvP Seasons as a sort of PvP Global Event so it wouldn't be wasted :)

#84 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:03

If the community decide they prefer us to revert to the older system (and work to improve it instead), we'd most likely use the PvP Seasons as a sort of PvP Global Event so it wouldn't be wasted :)

good ideea...but the older system  is broken too

#85 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:03

There are two issues here,

Titian League and Bounty Board:

Currently its open season and any one who cant carry EOC stat ( or stat close to it ) is easy prey, you have limited how often we can attack players in an attempt to stop farming which is a decent enough idea, the level range is still too broad narrow it down +/- 200 levels would still be competitive. the rating system is good because it scales. 

Exp should be lost in ALL PVP its just that simple exp loss=PVP you opted to pvp you knew the cost. 

if im going to be auto bountyed to greese a cog in the pvp machine then league hits should not be bounty-able. 

The exp multiplayer on the bounty board is bull , It needs to go if i am going to be auto bountyed  based off of my pvp activity that's fine i don't mind feeding the beast. bountys  Placed by players  can have an exp multiplyed based off of the size of the bounty.  

This way through a few adjustments i believe we can keep the newer systems and hard work while  keeping the punishment of a bounty bord and competitive nature of group pvp systems. 

#86 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:14

Like I said before, we'll work with the community to further improve whichever option the majority of the community decide they prefer :)

#87 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:16

Like I said before, we'll work with the community to further improve whichever option the majority of the community decide they prefer :)

yes i like that....

50 stam hit in old pvp is ok....and the 20 hits in your band to gain a reward is perfect :)

#88 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:24

do you believe that your pole is a proper representation of your intention?  i Said no on the pole because i do not currently like the new system but if you changed the pole to say old system i would still say no. i hope you do not base your decision on what system needs to be fixed based off of this pole.  

i would really like to see the new system fixed and worked on rather than the old.  

#89 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:26

i have a few issues with the league system 

#1 there is no xp loss in hits  (i like this) but we take gold (i dont like this) - but the whole i take gold which leads to me hitting the BB --- i dont really see the point of this -- if im not causing xp loss then why am i going to end up losing lvls 

#2 the BB should just be used for unrated attacks that cause xp loss/gold loss 

#3 the way rating is transferred in titan league is not logical as you have limited options on who you can attack - ie spend 5x the stam hitting players with a lower rating or skip players with a lower rating or eoc players that you cant beat 

#4 as with the old ladder rating system like this - you have 2 logical options - either be unbeatable or just wait and do your hitting in final day or 2 taking lots of rating from those that have it 

#90 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:32

do you believe that your pole is a proper representation of your intention?  i Said no on the pole because i do not currently like the new system but if you changed the pole to say old system i would still say no. i hope you do not base your decision on what system needs to be fixed based off of this pole. 

I think the news post for the poll and also the log message we sent to all players is quite clear :)

#91 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:34

I think the news post for the poll and also the log message we sent to all players is quite clear :)

the pole doesn't ask what system we prefer  the old or new it simply asks if we like the new.  you are asking two different questions =) 

#92 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2015 - 21:40

the pole doesn't ask what system we prefer  the old or new it simply asks if we like the new.  you are asking two different questions =) 

As I said before, I think this is quite clear in the news post and message we sent out :)

#93 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:02

No one is threatening to ban you :)

I don't remember deleting any of your post, so apologies if we did delete something constructive.

You may not see the posts or the threats. I have screen shots and so do many players. This is nothing new! It is WELL KNOWN in the community that disagreements with particular staff gets players suspended just for an opposing opinion. Even this post will likely get deleted for a disenchanted tone. I also don't care about the repercussions. I want YOU to know what's going on! I don't curse, flagrantly belittle or offend anyone, or break any written rules. I add my opinion good and bad, lately more of the latter but with reasons and logic. Just speaking up gets you suspended. It's usually some bogus reason like a bio is against TOS - that means NOTHING. If players are unhappy they should be allowed to voice that opinion and why. That is CONSTRUCTIVE!! Just because staff doesn't like to see negative opinions to their work doesn't permit bullying through threats. It's very unprofessional!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#94 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:02

older system started breaking when the rewards were not worth participating anymore

I posted here before https://forums.hunte...-13#entry942941

you said it yourself, "Old Ladder was good at start but they didnt upgrade the rewards."
there are others like me and they are not just a few who do not want the new system
some of us were only doing pvp and some leveling, now that the pvp part has been taken from us, we are now fighting for the part we were playing for all this years, this is not whining like you said, this is fighting for a system we believe in
they did not only replace the ladder, they changed everything about pvp

when I was playing a very active ladder years ago I spent 3-5k stamina every reset (24h - 48h)
in the new system players are spending 30k-50k stamina in few hours, that is 10 times more stamina for only a few hours

you said "I use to wait hour now I wait no longer than 5 mins to hit same player."
that means you can hit an offline player 12 times every hour (until he comes back) and increase your ranking gap, in the old system (ladder) you could hit him 1 time every hour and he could take back his ranking with less stamina and less attacks

the new system that you seem to like (which is no problem, everyone has his opinion) is inferior to the old system

the new system is only a stam eating / wasting system

they wanted to create a system to only hit online players who can defend themselves, switch setups and buff up but this system clearly is the opposite, you were even able at first to hit inactives, now you can farm offline players who are not buffed many times, the same player can be farmed dozens of time in minutes

for me not only is the ladder superior than the new system, the ladder lets you pick your stamina (10 - 100), bounty board was superior too, you pick your stamina

that being said, me and others will keep fighting for a better pvp system until we are forced to leave the game
I like the game and want to stay

#95 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:08

I think ladder rewards stopped 5-6 years ago, nobody was joining anymore, who would waste stamina for "nothing"

if the rewards were updated periodically then we would have had active ladders

with no rewards and profit, you can not really expect players to participate and spend stamina, fsps and potions

#96 NIBIRU

NIBIRU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:08

OK, Here we go again,  I dont know why are you guys trying to reinvent the wheel. Now we have to wait an Hour??, and how about those expensive buffs im using??? Gotta get new ones on each hour too??? On top of paying you 500cr+???? for skipping players lvl 2500+ Wich everyone and they mama know I dont have a chance to start a fight with..

And why Im I fighting  w LVLs 2000??? theres no way, I will win because their set ups are more powerful,( Did you guys forgot???) Can I use Sets 2000 only for PVP??? 

Bring Back the Ladder because It work, and Divide Bounties for Players who attack outside the ladder Like Its supposed to be.

this is not hard Hoof, we all being here for several years, you should have a formula for this already.....

ComonSense Bro Stop trying to scam us and building new tolls, if you trying to kill the game you are not too far away... Hire new people with new and real Ideas......

#97 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:15

I think ladder rewards stopped 5-6 years ago, nobody was joining anymore, who would waste stamina for "nothing"

if the rewards were updated periodically then we would have had active ladders

with no rewards and profit, you can not really expect players to participate and spend stamina, fsps and potions

That's un sustainable. That would mean HCS would have to continue pumping in new prizes to keep it active. The prizes will have to continue becoming better and more valuable until what point?

#98 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:20

If players are unhappy they should be allowed to voice that opinion and why. That is CONSTRUCTIVE!! Just because staff doesn't like to see negative opinions to their work doesn't permit bullying through threats. It's very unprofessional!

We do our best to listen to everyone's opinion, hence the additional of this in-game poll today.

Apologies if one of your posts that was constructive was deleted. As far as I'm aware we haven't banned anyone from the forum for expressing an opinion - we will sometimes ask players to ensure posts are constructive and if we feel they are continuing to post nonconstructive feedback or posting off-topic future posts may be moderated first.

#99 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:24

You were victorious over xxxxx in combat. (2 Rating Change)my out going hits 

You were defeated by xxxxxx in combat. (29 Rating Change)

in just a few hits ive lost enough rating to knock me down a lot  that took me over an hr to get and about 1k stam in stam use 

Edited by matt2269f, 03 August 2015 - 22:26.

#100 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 22:25

That's un sustainable. That would mean HCS would have to continue pumping in new prizes to keep it active. The prizes will have to continue becoming better and more valuable until what point?

it is sustainable, do you even know what ladder rewards are currently there?

there are no potions, there are only sets to invent,

do you really think that HCS can not release new sets for the ladder periodically? is it really un-sustainable for you?

how do you think we get new LE or SE sets, whatever is new has "value" :)

what has "value" and makes profit draws participation to the ladder, that is how every aspect of the game works, be it arena, gvg, pvp, titan hunting, SE hunting, ...

Edited by maxdragon, 03 August 2015 - 22:28.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: