#81 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:18

I was told the ladder is fair, you play the way pvpers do you will be fine..hit back take the hits and dont cry. I did that. I hit 12 times in the same ladder reset made it to the top spot which in itself was a feat...and for that i got bountied with mercs set on me..lost 5. and now getting hit 100 each hour and losing 5 if i hit back. pvpers honor...really? i will take levelers every day. i didnt get respect for fighting back...i got this.

So one ladder , speaks for all pvp'rs in FS? I get you're angry, thats fine, but don't generalize everyone. I know plenty of players who would help in delevels aganist those who hire mercs, or post ladder bounties ( without reason).

I am the highest level player in my guild, for now anyway until this ladder resets. No one in my guild can clear this guy, i can barely hit him due to us not being a pvp guild we have leveling gear. I do not think i should have to abandon this guild because i am trying to win a few tokens to make a set for my guild. I dont hate pvpers, but i do not think the way this is set up is right. I cant even take advantage of the bounty every hit because they CLEAR EACH OTHERS BOUNTIES. so they lose bare minimum to my what is now 2 players 100 stamming me with over 4 mil xp loss a hit...that is 8 mil xp lost to the counter of oh wow barely 1 mil xp each...so this is not a part of the game which i can partake in? I am only allowed to leave my guild to go to a pvp guild to play the ladder to make sets for my guild or i have to BUY the sets from the very guys deleveling me for hitting them back on the ladder

most leveling gear IS pvp gear :)

As for someone clearing the bounties you place,make friends? Schedule a party? Even 1 person 100 stam clearing a bounty you post on someone, adds up after a while. Wait, and post a player offline if necessary for lower level guildmates. There's so many ways to get *justice* or revenge.

#82 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:21

I was told the ladder is fair, you play the way pvpers do you will be fine..hit back take the hits and dont cry. I did that. I hit 12 times in the same ladder reset made it to the top spot which in itself was a feat...and for that i got bountied with mercs set on me..lost 5. and now getting hit 100 each hour and losing 5 if i hit back. pvpers honor...really? i will take levelers every day. i didnt get respect for fighting back...i got this.

HCS read this post, this is the problem right here. The 'honor' lasts until a player decides they don't want it to last.

#83 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:24

2:16 11/Jul/2012 [ Report | Ignore ] ****** says: that is also clear to me as well. I have seen people bountied for ladder hits by **, and it made me sick. That is not pvp, it is pure abuse of the system to intimidate, or punish, others, and that is a load of ****. [ Reply | Trade | ST | Buff ]

This is from an extremely well respected and well known pvp player. Obviously this player cannot be biased against pvp in any way, it's in his/her blood for goodness sake. Yet even they are willing to admit there are SERIOUS flaws in the way the pvp ladder is played.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#84 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:32

Those that use the BB to scare away ladder players are a joke. Typically they can not win on their own and need the help to even place. That being said, bounties should absolutely not be removed from the ladder as they are needed in rare circumstances. I myself have taken 5 on 2 occasions from a player. I am proud I did that and the issue was resolved after the 2nd time.

One thought I have is reverting the amount of bounties that can be placed on the ladder back to pre-update amounts (Idea from Rebornjedi). The possibility of 12 bounties from one person on one ladder reset will make only the most hardcore PvPers want to play. We need MORE people playing all aspects and yet people are not willing to bend at all.

#85 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:33

Take the ladder out of the bounty system...all i ask. I dont whine about losing levels for opting in if it is due to being hit for hitting or for ladder, but to get 5 levels taken for each ladder hit why would anyone play it? is this the intent of HCS? to allow this? It should not be a bounty area, it is INTENDED for trading hits...between the ladder.

#86 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:40

***** says: Now you know the drill. Be a bully, lose 5. Is simple. <<

#87 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:44

One thought I have is reverting the amount of bounties that can be placed on the ladder back to pre-update amounts (Idea from Rebornjedi). The possibility of 12 bounties from one person on one ladder reset will make only the most hardcore PvPers want to play. We need MORE people playing all aspects and yet people are not willing to bend at all.

See, the sad thing is, some won't even agree to this idea,( if the ladder was like before the hit = bounty) as there's a few who are set on wanting bounties removed from the ladder completely and will settle for no less then that.

#88 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:48

Why should bounty be on the pvp ladder? Explain this to me please. Some would say it would be to my benefit since i am the "weaker" player on it...i say not true..you want me to not whine about losing levels and hit back oh and to tell me that it is unwritten rule that bounty on ladder is taboo...so i play the way it is "ruled" by pvpers to play it..hit get hit deal with it...what part of this should be allowed to bounty at all? it isnt like the other areas of the game..it is INTENDED to trade hits to compete to top to get token rewards...not use the bounty board to win or bully people off it.

#89 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:59

Why should bounty be on the pvp ladder?

It's been explained hundreds of times in threads by various players. Either you chose not to agree with the reasons, you chose not to read the actual posts, or possibly you never saw the posts. Either way, it's been answered many times.

#90 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 16:01

Sure fine...but EACH hit??

#91 Zord

Zord

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 16:02

It's been explained hundreds of times in threads by various players. Either you chose not to agree with the reasons, you chose not to read the actual posts, or possibly you never saw the posts. Either way, it's been answered many times.

And it was answered many times why bounty should not be on the PvP ladder, just the actors - thus the views - are different. Probably having an in-game poll would give a better information on what the FS community thinks.

#92 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 16:05

Why should bounty be on the pvp ladder? Explain this to me please. Some would say it would be to my benefit since i am the "weaker" player on it...i say not true..you want me to not whine about losing levels and hit back oh and to tell me that it is unwritten rule that bounty on ladder is taboo...so i play the way it is "ruled" by pvpers to play it..hit get hit deal with it...what part of this should be allowed to bounty at all? it isnt like the other areas of the game..it is INTENDED to trade hits to compete to top to get token rewards...not use the bounty board to win or bully people off it.

Let me see if I can try and answer for you.
1. Some people feel the need for the bounty because apparently they are the FS police.
Any real or imagined insult etc should not be reported to HCS, no it should be dealt with on the BB.
2. Some people play the ladder differently to the pvp guys/girls who think they make the rules, they should also be punished.

I'm not really sure if there were any more reasons stated on the forum.
Although there is of course.

3. The BB should remain involved in the ladder so people who have garnered power via powerful pvp friends / guilds can use that power to manipulate ladders.
(I don't believe you'll see that reason openly stated on many of these discussions though. At least not by those that use those tactics)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#93 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 July 2012 - 16:06

And it was answered many times why bounty should not be on the PvP ladder, just the actors - thus the views - are different. Probably having an in-game poll would give a better information on what the FS community thinks.

I'd rather wait until there is a robust system in place to deal with multi's and they are dealt with before we have more decisions made based on polls in game. They skew the results too much.

even HCS have indicated on a number of occasions that Multi's are an issue in FS

#94 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 17:51

So now all this has done...is people sitting in my band in stam gain and also in crap gear to do caves with no buffs on...oh if i get hit ill bounty and take 5....nice work...nice.

#95 Tarnos

Tarnos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Poland

Posted 13 July 2012 - 18:30

Accepting a bounty will now allow the target to offer a bounty on you. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however).

I dont understand this, can someone explain it? I prefer if you send me pm in game, but if you cant just reply here.

#96 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 18:34

Bascially, it means a bounty hunter can be counter-bountied for simply 'accepting' to undertake a bounty. (they don't even have to make a hit to be susceptible)

However, none of the following bounty hit's made by that player, on that particular bounty can be posted.

In essence it gaurantees that a bounty hunter can only ever be counter bountied once.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#97 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 18:51

Nice for the bounty hunters :) they get better deal than a part of the game meant to give and take hits.

#98 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2012 - 18:53

Nice for the bounty hunters :) they get better deal than a part of the game meant to give and take hits.

They risk 5 levels and possibly more, like everyone else who pvp's :) Does it often happen to them? Not necessarily. CAN it happen? Yep.

#99 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 19:11

Actually, with the addition of the 48 hour expiration time, bounty hunters are at a higher risk than before.

Once it becomes the 'norm' for people on the bounty board to punish and demolish anyone with the cheek to clear them from the BB, bounty hunters are going to become as rare as the fabled rocking horse excrement.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#100 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 19:17

They risk 5 levels and possibly more, like everyone else who pvp's :) Does it often happen to them? Not necessarily. CAN it happen? Yep.

the problem is a bounty hunter can 100 stam ONE bounty(10 attacks) and will only be able to lose a max of 5 levels, however a person playing the ladder who 100 stams another player 10 times can lose upto 50 levels - do you not see that as a problem?

Eg, lets say i'm in your band and I'm also on the board. If you 100 stam clear me on the board with 10 attacks you will only be able to lose 5 levels, however if you chose to hit me 10 times on the ladder(in 48 hours timeframe) you could be bountied 10 times and lose upto 50 levels. Your 10 attacks on the ladder would take a max of 1 level off me. Your 10 attacks on the board could take a max of 2 levels from me.

For taking 2 levels (board) you can lose a max of 5 if I bounty.
For taking 1 level (ladder) you can lose up to 50 if I bounty.

Surely somethings wrong here? (possible me calculating stuff wrong lol )

Let me know if I've got anything wrong please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: