• This topic is locked This topic is locked
188 replies to this topic

#81 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:17

About the price of potion creation, I suggest that it takes into consideration the skill level, the potion's duration (an easy formula) and the number of buffs

Please read this entire reply to understand what I mean with it.

>>>>Suggestion one for prices

Example if a player want to make a potion with

Adept Learner 200

Librarian 200

90 minutes

X2 ->  number of buffs

The price could be:

[(200+200) X 90] X2 = 400 X 90 X 2 = 48000 -> 72K gold

[(Buff 1 level + Buff 2 level] X Duration] X Number of buffs(in this case it is "2")

If with three buffs

[(Buff 1 level + Buff 2 level + Buff 3 level] X Duration] X Number of buffs (in this case it is "3")

Example

Conserve 300

Light foot 250

SSI 150

Duration 60 minutes

[(300+250+150) X 60] X3 = 700 X 60 X 3 = 126000 -> 126K gold

And on...

The more buffs on the potion the more expensive it will be (meaning more gold demanded to make the potion but also logically more pieces will be needed to make it too)

This is not so much expensive (and not even so cheap) and even low level players would be able to make potions to help their progress in the game [the higher the level of a player the more buffs s/he will need and also the creation of potion will be more expensive so there will be a balance with this formula on creation potion this way because the will be a time to make the potion like 20 hours i think so  and high level players will need to add more buffs on the potion].

But players will still need to break many itens into pieces to make the potions, so it will not be so easy to make many potion at little time.

1) And about how the amount of pieces needed;

2) The type of the pieces need to make a certain buff on the potion;

3) And if will be able to change a amount of pieces of one for a higher type;

All this three values must also be wisely decided.

------- Remembering this is just a suggestion. If anybody disagree, feel free to give your point of view and contribute to the forum

* This in not directly conected with this thread but I think new player could start with 100 alliance tokens because they won't be able to create a potion for their first hunt so they could get scholar draft (AL 180) and auspice of ancients (Conserve 180) to have a good start on the game (or it already be on their backpack for them to use with no extra alliance tokens for joinning in the game)

#82 uscx

uscx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:42

+1  Leos3000

The simpler the better.

Hope the goal here is to sink lackluster, sundry items.  

#83 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:50

Here's a thought, how about you implement those NEW Skills into the game as Composing potions. This way everyone has a chance to obtain them at the same cost, and the only difference will be the duration and level people are willing to put into them. I'd do it this way that way you don't piss off current potion makers and buff sellers by allowing everyone access to much stronger buffs.

Everyone will be on an equal footing because ALL levels can do down to Mountain path and hunt rats for common items. And Legendary events usually have low levels included as well so there's no exception there. People who don't level will have no excuse to cry foul about it only being available to higher levels. If you don't make enough gold from hunts to afford a potion, choose lower level buffs. You can't complain about gold because the time it takes to save up enough fragments will probably be enough to save into your Bank.

So yeah...that's my idea on this matter. Make all the NEW skills that aren't out yet into composing potion rewards. MAYBE keep in that Global Booster 500 that Leos suggested because we could all use that lol.

EDIT:

And if you do it this way, you will still keep the incentive for people to donate! Their special offer chests won't be outdone and if people need more BP space for item hoarding, donating will be the answer.

Would it be possible to unlimit the amount of BP and Bank Deposits under the Gold Upgrades? That way more gold can be sunk by people wanting to item hoard and gold deposit while they save for potion creations.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#84 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:54

Here's a thought, how about you implement those NEW Skills into the game as Composing potions. This way everyone has a chance to obtain them at the same cost, and the only difference will be the duration and level people are willing to put into them. I'd do it this way that way you don't piss off current potion makers and buff sellers by allowing everyone access to much stronger buffs.

Everyone will be on an equal footing because ALL levels can do down to Mountain path and hunt rats for common items. And Legendary events usually have low levels included as well so there's no exception there. People who don't level will have no excuse to cry foul about it only being available to higher levels. If you don't make enough gold from hunts to afford a potion, choose lower level buffs. You can't complain about gold because the time it takes to save up enough fragments will probably be enough to save into your Bank.

So yeah...that's my idea on this matter. Make all the NEW skills that aren't out yet into composing potion rewards. MAYBE keep in that Global Booster 500 that Leos suggested because we could all use that lol.

Like this idea, But I think the new skills should be added with the already formed list.

My thing is though, would we be able to have a buff active while inventing these (like Inventor 2) to possibly save an item while composing or a fragment while inventing? Noone wants to break an epic down just for one potion and no chance of saving anything...well maybe some do but I find that if people had a chance to save an item or precious fragment it would be an easier concept to conceive to break down an Epic.

just my thought

#85 Blixen

Blixen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:04

I dont like it at all. I dont see why you would make a new system with "composing" parts, which reminds a lot of components. Instead of doubling the system, why not integrate it into the existing system- and just make some more potion recipies that require epic and / or legendary items.

In reality you get the same effect, but in a much more complicated way- with your composing ideas.

Imaging being a new player and trying to tell the different from components and composing parts. Of course it might seem different for us- because we know the existing system so well, but really... is it?

Keep it simple.

#86 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:11

Like this idea, But I think the new skills should be added with the already formed list.

That is the list I was mentioning because I know HCS originally had plans for some skills to be potion-only. Now would be the perfect time to finish up those skills and implement them.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

#87 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:18

That is the list I was mentioning because I know HCS originally had plans for some skills to be potion-only. Now would be the perfect time to finish up those skills and implement them.

Yeah, The list here + the New skills would be amazing!

#88 hamidkhaf

hamidkhaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:18

hi. even the cheapest epic items worth more than 20 fsps. no one pays that amount of money for a potion that is  not far stronger than combination of ordinary potions. i think it's better to define a 'normalized amount of fragments' according to item rarity. for example common items can be extracted into one fragment and the amount of extracted fragments can be multiplied by a factor for rare itmes and by a greater factor for legendary items and...  

#89 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:34

Yeah, The list here + the New skills would be amazing!

I was hoping they wouldn't do the list here because they would risk pissing off potion makers and buff sellers like others pointed out. If they do this using NO exisiting buffs(with the exception of Global Booster500) then that risk goes away. And if the new buffs are any good it might warrant people spending epics to get a higher skill cast or duration.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

#90 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:40

+1  Leos3000

The simpler the better.

Hope the goal here is to sink lackluster, sundry items.  

JUST having the composing use the "bog standard" items means that, basically, we all get uber potions for nothing - at the expense of both the potion sellers and donations to HCS.

Composing has to factor in less easy pieces to get as well - be they Elite, Super Elite, Crystalline, Legendary (but I'm opposed to the idea of junking epics) - and, for the reason laid out above, I'm also against there being an exchange mechanism allowing you to trade X common fragments for, say X/10 rare fragments ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#91 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:50

we will need some time to understand well how to do it :(...and i think Guild potions should have more power or for more players in the same time like RP buffs

#92 Nordom0

Nordom0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:01

Alright my Idea for this, and you guys can agree or disagree with this, but still

Either we could go with an uniform Fragment System meaning there is only Fragments
and these fragments are not based on rarity, though the amount that comes from the items
are based on rarity and level

Basically the base amount would be like this like this (numbers are not to be set in stone)
Common        x10 Fragments
Rare        x50 Fragments
Unique        x100 Fragments
Elite        x150 Fragments
Super Elite    x200 Fragments
Crystalline    x250 Fragments
Legendary    x300 Fragments
Epic        x400 Fragments

and then for level, we would use something like this Fragments= (Level/25) rounded up to the nearest whole number, so for items up to level 25 you just get (1xRairity) so for a level 15 Legendary Item you would get 300 Fragments (like i said all numbers modular right now) could even go for level/100 to try to even it out,

and then as for making potions, it would give you an amount of fragments needed to make the potion based on the Amount, Levels, and Durations

Fragment Cost = ((Total Buff Level)/20)*(Amount of Buffs*Duration)

so for a Potion with only One buff, of level 200 for the duration of 2 hours it would look like this
Cost = 200/20 * (1*120)
so the cost of fragments would be in and around 1200 Fragments

OR

If the other system must be used whereas you have different Fragments for different items
Allow us the option to Fuse the Fragments into the Next Highest Type

10 Common -> 1 Rare
10 Rare -> 1 Unique
10 Unique -> 1 Elite

and so on and so forth, that way a lot of the people wont have to go broke trying to get 1 Fragment for their potion when they are like 1/3 of the people in this game and are broke, or too young to afford anything more...

The Fragment Fusing could also be Used as a more effective and cost efficient Gold Sink for the players than the Outrageous Cost of Making the Potion, Especially if it requires the ever popular EPIC Fragments,

Also on another Note about Fusing the Fragments, allow us to break them back down for a lesser cost, and maybe add a 2 fragment penalty to make us watch what we are fusing

#93 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:01

I just Lost total interest in the composing idea if this is how it is to be implemented...

you need to make the buff levels relative to the gear used to create them

Having Buffs that use less epic shards to make them and still receive a non epic buff level is simply out of line with the intention of composing that is removing items from the game.

#94 Noeni

Noeni

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:07

Epic's are so expensive with the cost of  an epic items that's gonna be out of reach of those that can't afford epic's .that will make epic items skyrocked. couldn't unique items be used instead. and have a unique potion that' equivalent to epic .

bannerfans_6199711.png

#95 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:17

Not sure if I follow the formulas exactly, but I have to usually do things for it to come together conceptually.  Seems like a cool idea.  I have no problem with these being bound to an individual or guild and in fact think that's great.  It can encourage some good team work within a guild potentially.

I think limiting the variety of potions that can be done using this new method will be important to the FS economy as this shouldn't put all the potion makers out of business, as that could be detrimental to the game and it's not bustling active now.

Thanks to Hoof and all those who worked on this project.

#96 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:28

Good to see you Hoof. My opinion lies with the folks who think it's overly complicated for what you get. Just looking at the list of skills you want to use I wouldn't devote any time towards making them nor would I bother buying pots made from the 'fragments'. Oh yeah oops forgot this is a guild only thing... Shame! Once again the bigger guilds benefit. The pots should at the very least be tradeable. So, will you institute any change to the AH so that only people online when it goes live profit from buying up the 'parts'?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#97 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:36

bound? guild bound? how is hades going to make a profit? this is not what he intended!!!!

#98 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:42

Haha i love the "Hoof's special potion" :P

There are allready some pots out there with some of the buffs listed like doubler and lib, but their level are higher now then this new pots

If you want people to make them they have to someway be more affordable then the ones existing allready, otherwise its just waste of a potion. Who want to make a lib lvl 200 that doesnt work with Distil if the cost is close to the allready existing pot lvl 225 that work with Distil. You get my idea? :D

Also in AH under the "select buff" list there is many buffs that has'nt been introduced to the game yet. What about make some potions with them? :D

#99 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:53

I certainly like this idea!

However, I think it would be better if the potions are affected by brewmaster, distil, and other skills like regular potions.

I like the idea of having only one type of fragments. Perhaps you can make a formula that involves level, hell forge, craft etc?

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#100 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:09

bound? guild bound? how is hades going to make a profit? this is not what he intended!!!!

i doint need to make a profit i di quite fine without this idea..but just because i think they should be unbound doesnt mean i want my pockets lined i cant spend the thousands of fsp i already have why would i want more...i actually do think of the game as a whole and would like others to profit from their work..after all if we didnt have pot makers and merchants in this game you wouldnt be playing ..so troll someone else

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: