170 replies to this topic

#81 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:21

Its fine the way they are implementing it right now i think.

At least until the new gear is out with the required enhancement, there will be 15 second cooldown. most players with very fast connections take only around 5 second to reach from one location to another while hunting titan so the skill is actually leveling the titan hunting.

I don't think this levels the playing field. Quite the opposite. Makes the faster players even faster. When titan hunting against the fastest, at the very least, you could hang in a corner and procure some kills as they raced across the map. No more with this buff. Frankly disappointed.

#82 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:31

This isn't even close to what many players envisioned when we began suggesting the teleport skill.

Severely disappointed.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#83 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:39

This is close to what some of the Community asked for but the Community almost never 100% agrees with any idea. :) We think it's an interesting and fun addition. There's nothing stopping us using one of the other ideas (like the Master Realm to Master Realm teleport idea) at some time in the future. This isn't the end. Like I said, I have an enormous document filled with Buff and Enhancement ideas.

But it all takes time. We thought this would be a fun and interesting addition to the game.

#84 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:41

everyone complaining now but once this buff gets out people are gonna be like OMG how did we ever titan hunt without this. I despise titan hunting for the simple fact its alot of walking around for a few kills to solo secure your talking 45min to maybe hours to get some kills in to matter. I dont have the time for that so ive never done it much. I think with the direction FS is moving towards the mobile version this buff is gonna be a must people that are going to be new and have what 1500 stam are going to be able to titan hunt when they have gear appropriate to do so hell I may even start titan hunting again maybe even SE hunt again its a buff that is better than conserve I dare say in the stam saver category im all for that any day.

#85 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:23

This isn't even close to what many players envisioned when we began suggesting the teleport skill.

I agree with the original thought of the teleporter skill

Teleport works on ALL realms, including those with Titans. We're hopeful the use of a buff such of this will level the playing field a bit with those abusing scripts / macros.

I am high level and like this skill for titan hunting but why not even the playing field even more for the whole community?

this idea is from a friend who talked about it some time ago:

Instead of putting the teleportation into a skill, better implement it into the game and player will teleport to the location of this choosing but spend stamina like he would have if he was "walking" there smile.png

the pro I see with this teleportation SKILL is that titans will be killed faster

the con I see with this teleportation SKILL is that titan epics will drop in price very fast because players will be spending less stamina (up to a 1/5th of how much stam they usually would without that skill)

with the idea a friend was talking about the stam usuage would be the same (epics still losing value but a lot slower that with the teleportation skill) but the titan hunting time would be a lot shorter smile.png

implementing this teleportation into the game would be great idea to finally stand a chance to those who have been teleporting on titan maps so far (I still remember the time when I was hunting together with 9 members in total and we got beat by 1 single player who was teleporting sad.png)

what do you hoof, zorg, grim, mojawk and the community think?

Edited by bilops, 10 April 2015 - 11:23.

#86 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:25

everyone complaining now but once this buff gets out people are gonna be like OMG how did we ever titan hunt without this. I despise titan hunting for the simple fact its alot of walking around for a few kills to solo secure your talking 45min to maybe hours to get some kills in to matter. I dont have the time for that so ive never done it much. I think with the direction FS is moving towards the mobile version this buff is gonna be a must people that are going to be new and have what 1500 stam are going to be able to titan hunt when they have gear appropriate to do so hell I may even start titan hunting again maybe even SE hunt again its a buff that is better than conserve I dare say in the stam saver category im all for that any day.

I understand you may find it difficult to deal with running back and forth for a titan.

Can you understand why people who have run back and forth after titans might find this buff difficult?

Of course it really depends what happens in implementation.

I personally do not want this to count against titan kills. I am 88% to ruby, the old fashioned way.

That represents tens of thousands of stamina. Hours and hours of my life. 

Imagine the diamond titan kills.

A teleport buff that suddenly allows folk to get the medal I spent weeks/months/years attaining in hours/days/weeks. 

Yes, I'm going to be annoyed about it.

But we don't know the details yet.

I will say I'm going to have a hard time living with seeing the one medal that mattered to me - the titan ruby - made simple by a buff. Especially when the buff was not originally designed as a titan specific buff.

However we should wait and see.

I'm going to wait.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#87 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:25

LOL.  They might. But none of us here can ever prove it.

You got him/her there.

But I do not think english is his/her first language.

'for sure' is an easy tell for a non-native user of English

So. Let go of your gotcha (a contraction of english usage) and just listen to his/her point.

He /she also had multiple feelings about teleport and titan hunting. i.e .was conflicted.

And the poster also felt that some dark and Maze maps would be hard to reconcile with this new skill.

None of that adds up to an accusation.

At. All. 

I'm just tired of people clinging to things they can't even prove or be sure of. Some people just can't accept there will always be someone out there better than them at certain things.

#88 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:38

Let's keep it chilled guys. :)

#89 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:42

Let's keep it chilled guys. :)

Exactly, when there truly is nothing to hide the best thing to do is let the haters be alone in their negativity and let them look stupid for constantly attempting to demean other players.
But then again, I've said this before and it keeps on going.

I agree that 2500 might be a bit too high level for a buff of this magnitude.

#90 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:04

Talk to me in PM. 

Edited by Belaric, 10 April 2015 - 12:06.

#91 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:06

Regarding the cooldown, we've tweaked the minimum up from 5 seconds to 20 with maxed out Guild Structure, Enhancements and buff level 175.

This Guild Structure will have a lower Guild Upkeep if there are less members.

~ Grim

#92 Blax

Blax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:12

So now the "lowest"cool down will be 20 seconds?

#93 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:20

Talk to me in PM. 

Not really worth my time, as we both know nothing good will come out of it.

#94 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:23

@BigGrim or Zorg

Just wondering. If you compare the teleport feature to just walking, which of the two gives the most stress on the database/servers?

If teleporting is a bigger stress, then prepare it well prior to releasing this coming update. Otherwise there may be a lot of lag issues again once every starts hopping around the maps instead of walking. :) (especially during titan hunts)

#95 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:24

Not really worth my time, as we both know nothing good will come out of it.

Thanks for trying. 

#96 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:35

Regarding the cooldown, we've tweaked the minimum up from 5 seconds to 20 with maxed out Guild Structure, Enhancements and buff level 175.This Guild Structure will have a lower Guild Upkeep if there are less members.~ Grim

Why? 5 seconds was reasonable and as many were pointing out this was a time saving buff. I was envisioning this buff as an easier way and faster way to get to a hunting realm. With the many times we have had to walk 20+ levels to get to the new Content. If you increase it to 20 seconds this saves no time at all..

#97 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:36

So now the "lowest"cool down will be 20 seconds?

Correct.

#98 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:45

If its going to be this cheap, 1 stamina to get anywhere on map, you will have to remove stamina from regular walking on map if those two should come anywhere near balanced.

Oh, and better start selling your Light Foot and Gold Foot potions/chests everyone, because this teleport skills will make those obsolete.

Edit: just noticed the 20 second cooldown, if that is kept, scratch what i wrote above.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 10 April 2015 - 12:49.

#99 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:50

If its going to be this cheap, 1 stamina to get anywhere on map, you will have to remove stamina from regular walking on map if those two should come anywhere near balanced.

I think not. As said, chill out.

#100 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:57

Oh, and better start selling your Light Foot and Gold Foot potions/chests everyone, because this teleport skills will make those obsolete.

Edit: just noticed the 20 second cooldown, if that is kept, scratch what i wrote above.

If you're hunting creatures, it will still be more effective with Light Foot / Gold Foot due to the chance of not using any stamina while moving as you search for creatures smile.png

We're happy to review feedback on the skill once you've had a chance to give it a try smile.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: