• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#81 frenetic

frenetic

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:33

just to confirm, the event will end at the scheduled time (i.e. Time Remaining: 2 days, 9 hours as of now) regardless of if 50mil kills are achieved before that. correct?

#82 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:45

just to confirm, the event will end at the scheduled time (i.e. Time Remaining: 2 days, 9 hours as of now) regardless of if 50mil kills are achieved before that. correct?

Historically, events have run their duration regardless of hitting the highest target in the past. More so, Hoof (or BG) has awarded further prizes if another "tier" kill count is reached. So, potentially, a 5th chest "COULD" be won if the kill count goes to 60 million ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#83 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:51

Con 180 from loyalty, AM 250 from the Blood Ketchup, Global Booster 250 from the event elite, Distil 150, Reck175, and LF175

He used those buffs to get 5800 kills with 2k stamina.

All readily accessible to all in this event. Thanks for the response

#84 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 13:28

Out of curiosity, why are the Rotting Revenant resources Legendary, but the extracted components are just Common?

#85 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2013 - 14:16

Do you know what I think we should do??

Do away with the table showing the top 100. Keep whatever rewards they decided to allocate to players that finish in the top 100, but keep that top 100 information secret until the event is over.

There'd be a lot less arguing, and a lot less people doing their best to get on the top100 with the least amount of kills possible.

You'd basically have to throw as much stamina as you are willing to part with, then cross your fingers and hope your 'bet' was bigger than other peoples.

Would be a lot more 'fun' and cause a lot less friction if you ask me.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#86 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 14:59

Dear HCS,

I was online via phone most of the time the last few days and therefore couldn't join in with the seasonal titans. Now both the Gurgriss and Tommy titans have been secured by my fellow guild mates I am, along with 80 other active players in FFS blocked from taking part in the titan event which I believe finishes in 2 weeks from the start date.

Cooldown on the everyday titans is one thing, even if I personally don't like it, but cooldown on seasonal titans blocks a large proportion of players from taking part in the entire game on offer.

The online players figure ranges from 350 - 800 depending on the time of day, if 80 active players are in FFS and blocked from the event then 10% of the game can't participate in the event, which is a significant amount of the active player base. This is just an example of one guild and as other guilds get a secure then the players who were not online at the right time, with time on their hands to hunt the titans that time are also blocked from the event.

At present three guilds are now on cooldown from the Gurgriss Titan which constitutes *about* 180 ACTIVE players = 22.5% of the active players in the game.

I look forward to hearing back from HCS on their thoughts on this :)

#87 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 16:07

Historically, events have run their duration regardless of hitting the highest target in the past. More so, Hoof (or BG) has awarded further prizes if another "tier" kill count is reached. So, potentially, a 5th chest "COULD" be won if the kill count goes to 60 million ..

At the rate we are getting the kills now, I think we might just get 60 million kills by the close of this event.

#88 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 16:09

Do you know what I think we should do??

Do away with the table showing the top 100. Keep whatever rewards they decided to allocate to players that finish in the top 100, but keep that top 100 information secret until the event is over.

There'd be a lot less arguing, and a lot less people doing their best to get on the top100 with the least amount of kills possible.

You'd basically have to throw as much stamina as you are willing to part with, then cross your fingers and hope your 'bet' was bigger than other peoples.

Would be a lot more 'fun' and cause a lot less friction if you ask me.

I do like that idea, but I do not like the risks of it. By showing the top 100, players can see what they have to contribute to get there plus some extra.. By showing the top 100, there is a better competition to get more kills than there is if the kill count for the top 100 is concealed to the end.

Add: I think this idea might work if the Cows sent out an update of the current rankings every 24 hours of the event.

Edited by gomezkilla, 02 November 2013 - 16:12.

#89 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 November 2013 - 17:09

Dear HCS,

I was online via phone most of the time the last few days and therefore couldn't join in with the seasonal titans. Now both the Gurgriss and Tommy titans have been secured by my fellow guild mates I am, along with 80 other active players in FFS blocked from taking part in the titan event which I believe finishes in 2 weeks from the start date.

Cooldown on the everyday titans is one thing, even if I personally don't like it, but cooldown on seasonal titans blocks a large proportion of players from taking part in the entire game on offer.

The online players figure ranges from 350 - 800 depending on the time of day, if 80 active players are in FFS and blocked from the event then 10% of the game can't participate in the event, which is a significant amount of the active player base. This is just an example of one guild and as other guilds get a secure then the players who were not online at the right time, with time on their hands to hunt the titans that time are also blocked from the event.

At present three guilds are now on cooldown from the Gurgriss Titan which constitutes *about* 180 ACTIVE players = 22.5% of the active players in the game.

no offense but it seems like every year at this time this request is made.  while I understand your plight, I'd rather see more guilds have a chance at securing the titan. 

#90 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 02 November 2013 - 17:15

Out of curiosity, why are the Rotting Revenant resources Legendary, but the extracted components are just Common?

It sounds like u got tricked. Maybe you'll get a treat later.

Crystal tier! Let's beat last years event  ;)

#91 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 18:21

Dear HCS,

The online players figure ranges from 350 - 800 depending on the time of day, if 80 active players are in FFS and blocked from the event then 10% of the game can't participate in the event, which is a significant amount of the active player base. This is just an example of one guild and as other guilds get a secure then the players who were not online at the right time, with time on their hands to hunt the titans that time are also blocked from the event.

At present three guilds are now on cooldown from the Gurgriss Titan which constitutes *about* 180 ACTIVE players = 22.5% of the active players in the game.

You only got 1 out oh the 3 titans that showed up so your complaining? What's a fair figure? Your over half way through your cool down do say 3 more show up. How many of the 6 should the top 3 Titan guilds secure? All? I guess the one negative of being in the biggest baddest guild is not having a shot at the seasonal titans for ALL members. ;) sad indeed

#92 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 20:33

Dear HCS,

The cooldown was implemented to give other guilds a chance at securing a Titan rather than have 1 guild monopolize on them. Your example of 80 people or 10% of the people in your guild not able to hit a titan because of a cooldown is good. Now the other 90% will be able to hit the titan so that the playing field is more even!

#93 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 21:12

Not every player in the guild hunted the titan obviously, cooldown penalises the individual players by being in a guild which they may have been in for years.

Cooldown should affect the players involved in the secure not the entire guild.

#94 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 21:40

Cows, an idea for your consideration next year.

I saw a player in chat suggest a Seasonal Super Elite, perhaps inspired by a horror movie, that would only be available in the season.

#95 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 21:47

Not every player in the guild hunted the titan obviously, cooldown penalises the individual players by being in a guild which they may have been in for years.

The cooldown works just fine as it is ...

If it were implemented in the way you want it to be, how do you think titan hunting would change ? - it would revert back to how it was in the old days, with specific guilds dominating every spawn - and that, if you remember, was the very reason it was changed in the first place.

So, keep GUILD cooldown and NO to personal cooldown ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#96 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 22:05

Cows, an idea for your consideration next year.

I saw a player in chat suggest a Seasonal Super Elite, perhaps inspired by a horror movie, that would only be available in the season.

I know the team at HCS have worked exceptionally hard this year to create another excellent Halloween event. New LE's, new Titans, new quests and to top it off the Global Event. Nice going guys.

But, but, but! Where the frig is Michael Myers? The opitome of Halloween Horror. I see Jason Voorhees but no Boogey Man.

He, in my opinion, would be ace as a seasonal SE. The gear he could drop could be things like the W.S. White Helm ( W. S. standing for William Shatner ), The Original Slasher Knife and Lauries Pendant. Just ideas off the top of ma head.

For me, and i hope for others, he would be a welcome addition to the Halloween extravaganza.

Cheers.

wil72

#97 maf22

maf22

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:47

There are good things that come with being in a BIG guild and there are not so good things....You have to take them both

#98 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:00

The cooldown works just fine as it is ...

If it were implemented in the way you want it to be, how do you think titan hunting would change ? - it would revert back to how it was in the old days, with specific guilds dominating every spawn - and that, if you remember, was the very reason it was changed in the first place.

So, keep GUILD cooldown and NO to personal cooldown ...

Evidently penalising a significant proportion of the game (a whole guild) from taking part in the game is NOT working.

Place cooldown on the players that hunted the titan which caused the cooldown to activate.

I was awaiting a response from HCS, which is why I started my post with Dear HCS, not you giving your opinion and driving players away from the forum.

I vote for a forum cooldown from everyone who slams down an idea before HCS comment on it. We don't want your individual reasons why not, we want HCS to consider all thoughts and ideas.

#99 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:10

Evidently penalising a significant proportion of the game (a whole guild) from taking part in the game is NOT working.

Place cooldown on the players that hunted the titan which caused the cooldown to activate.

I was awaiting a response from HCS, which is why I started my post with Dear HCS, not you giving your opinion and driving players away from the forum.

I vote for a forum cooldown from everyone who slams down an idea before HCS comment on it. We don't want your individual reasons why not, we want HCS to consider all thoughts and ideas.

HCS has admitted to "listening" to the demands of the masses. If we don't voice our concerns, they may implement this awful idea. There have been 3 spawnings. With the faulty logic you came up with regarding the 10% of the game population your guild is, your guild still owns 33% of the titan kills. wait till at least 7 more show up (which at current pace would be about 10 days between spawns). I say take your 7 day cooldown. you only have 3 days before it's up.

#100 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:59

Its a short term event which I doubt I will be able to take part in, like many other players in other guilds. I will be at work all week and in 3 days its Wednesday when its available again.

It still penalises an entire guild from the event and this game is supposed to be based around guilds. Cooldown, especially during events does not encourage a guild mentality, its designed to break them up which goes against the point of guilds and striving for something together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: