Photo

De-leveling Change Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
364 replies to this topic

Poll: De-leveling Poll (322 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like us to look at changing how de-leveling works?

1. Yes. (175 votes [54.35%])

Percentage of vote: 54.35%

2. No. (147 votes [45.65%])

Percentage of vote: 45.65%

Vote

#81 SkyWizard

SkyWizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:45

Remove Virtual Level.

If a player loses a level (s)he loses the leveling point(s) won. That way when a player levels up again (s)he is hunting his level creatures of his/her level and never above their level for better xp.

What level points are lost? random, as long as basic start points remain there. after all players can relocate points again.

If the de-level happens at a level where a player gain new skills (example 700, 800, 900, etc) points will remain where the player had put them but will not be able to cast them while below that level.

If player is level 777 and is on the realm 777 and loses 1 level game send player automatically to Krul island and takes 25 stamina

#82 Stoneman

Stoneman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:45

It's clearly an exploit.

#83 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:49

I really don't care about anything unless it is hurting someone. Speaking of which, don't counter players if they don't use 100 stamina when they hunt your bounty. That's just easily unfair for regular bounty hunters.

I think we should forget all about the EXP exploit thingy for now and focus on this thing first instead. Bounty hunters are getting abused out there.

LOL,,yes indeed they are!!!

I suppose if bounty Hunters are more important to this game that EOC players, change things for them...thanks fallen Sword, beautiful comment.

#84 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

An even better question would be to ask, "Is it okay to exploit a loophole in the game?"
Then have the poll created be a public one. See how many people would openly admit to be an exploiter.
(If you don't want to admit you're an exploiter either don't vote, or vote the right way)

This is not a slight on you Doom or anyone else, but it's funny to me that it seems we need a poll to ask what the poll question should be...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#85 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • United States of America

Seems to me the problem isn't with the exploit. It's with a lack of content to keep the exploit from happening.

The deleveling/releveling isn't the root of the problem...it's the result of a bigger one.

#86 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:52

After reading this topic over and over and reading the answers to some people's questions I STILL do not know what the REAL problem is.  What exactly is it that people object to through the de-leveling process"  At this point I'm leaning towards just keeping things the waay they are.  Unless someone can convince me otherwise and tell me what the true issue is.   Tell me in an unbiased manner and not with an answer that is geared towards the solution giving you what you want or making things to your advantage.   I'd like to know A: How my deleveling and releveling will hurt you and B: why will the game be better if I can no longer do this. 

#87 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:53

Mick they lose levels and regain them for Guild XP, that the main reason (Discounting those pvp or the benefactor of one too many smashes on the BB). Im assuming thats mostly the problem everyone has with it.

now i see thanks

well if its a guild XP gain loophole then why not just close the loophole

when in a guild if you are de-leveled then your guild xp is locked until you return to you AL

this will stop the loophole of guild XP but players can keep leveling up and down as much as they like

#88 BeigeRhino

BeigeRhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Next we wont be able to use the BIG pots to relevel I suppose. I dont care one way or the other, but you have to drop levels to gain more levels and the best way is to bounty. If you change the xp ratio then why would we even do this!!!

There is now viable change now as it`s been going on for a long time. Our guild has long term plans and we just practically revamped the whole guild and this involved leveling an deleveling in our future. I thought this issue was closed lat time.

Big red I have no issue with you delvling to gain GXP , my issue is the way it is done , you can use big pots just like everyone else , the issue is you sitting on a EOC champ/elite and doing it. , if you got teleported back to the start so you can lvl up again like the rest of us the issue is solved

#89 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Please, do not alter xp variances subject to a player's level, just boot them out of realms their actual level does not permit them to be in!!! it is the only solution that will work and makes sense.

i'm leaning more towards this now..

would have to have some room when deleveled in case a hunter is robbed and dropped a level during a hunt. could see it being a pain being teleported back to krul island after losing from a PvP attack..

and i don't see it being convenient to code that it teleports you back to the realm that is the same as your Actual Level because of certain areas that have multiple realms that are the same level 

add in the gold upgrade to delevel yourself.. and everyone should be happy.. besides those who are all for leveling off one creature to gain back hundreds of levels.. but let's hope HCS does what is good for the overall integerity of the game

#90 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

LOL,,yes indeed they are!!!I suppose if bounty Hunters are more important to this game that EOC players, change things for them...thanks fallen Sword, beautiful comment.

So the question then begs, whose opinion do you care more about if someone is an EOC bounty hunter?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#91 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

You mean add up each member of a guild xp, divide by four and have that as the guilds xp?

Update that hourly and you have a winner, a player loses xp, bam guild loses xp, player gains that xp back and bam, guild gains it back.

Basically, but even simpler. Just the total, no need to divide, lol.

And simpler still. Use the 9:00 ST reset. Personally I enjoy taunting the player I'm currently battling it out with on my monthly ladder when I get ahead for 24 hours, hehe.

I also don't "think" we'd have to necessarily change the Guild XP lock to keep it as simple as possible.

Of course, this change would get rid of deleveling. However, deleveling really seems to be a product of an imperfect system.

What it would do (and what nobody seems to have pointed out) is keep the ability to super level in Karthak (for example) and smack Champions for a couple levels. It would make the AM 500 point mute. It would not require reprogramming the XP gains and, more important in my opinion...

Well, nobody seems to remember, but... isn't there anybody out there who has lost levels going to bat for their Guildies? PvP is still a part of the game, no matter how broken, but some of us still grin and bear (I grin a bit more, hehe) 5 levels lost (forget 20) to face up to a foe or foes. I was bored out of my mind relevelling to get back what I'd lost on revenge. I can't even imagine having to do it with the XP gain from 15 levels below my AL.

The suggestions here really make it so that nobody gets "punished" on the BB. Well, not in my case, but hey...

#92 Stoneman

Stoneman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:55

HCS is worried about the frequency of adding content to the game.  An easy way to regain levels just compounds the problem.  If I 100 stam you or I am 100 stammed by you, it should be hard to regain those levels.  If it isn't, what's the point of the Bounty Board?

#93 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:56

hoof already said he's not changing the GXP formula.. 

deleveling and releveling for GXP should be here to stay so other guilds have an option to compete with those who have been doing this for years.. 

#94 eljackal

eljackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Personally, I have no interest in levelling up, along with many other players who go for the pvp/titan/gvg aspect of the game.  I don't intentionally lose levels, and it does help to be in a higher level realm when regaining them if lost via a bounty, etc.  I don't see why that  small advantage should get taken from players like me, who actually lose levels via the natural course of the game, solely because people are complaining about high level players filling up the BB and counter-bountying everything that isn't a 100 stam.

Sidenote:  all of this intentionally losing levels on the BB is well and good, but totally against the spirit of the BB.  that is what bothers me the most about this whole ordeal.  I thought that the BB was supposed to be for players trying to get back at people for attacking them, not a bunch of friends 10 stamming and paying each other in order to post bounties that other friends 100 stam.  kind of defeats the purpose of a bounty board, doesn't it?

#95 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

After reading this topic over and over and reading the answers to some people's questions I STILL do not know what the REAL problem is.  What exactly is it that people object to through the de-leveling process"

People delevel to get more guild XP. People complain about it, who dont have the means to delevel and relevel themselves, so this thread is the result

Edited by Placeboo, 09 December 2013 - 19:57.

#96 Jonathan69

Jonathan69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:57

dang sadd thing about this is it will prob be changed seeing less delevel compared to those who dont , i thought we were abele to play how we wonted too ! if some one wishs to be deleveled it's there right seeing they put in the time to gain the level thay loose . i have not seen any harm done to the game by some one being deleveld any number of levels , only players who dont whining about it !

#97 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:58

Please, do not alter xp variances subject to a player's level, just boot them out of realms their actual level does not permit them to be in!!! it is the only solution that will work and makes sense.

Everybody 100 stam me! Uh, that's not serious... I changed it to "me", just in case, lol.

The point is:

We seem to be forgetting that you can lose levels for other reasons than what is being discussed here.

#98 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:58

People delevel to get more guild XP. People complaining about it, that dont have the means to do delevel and relevel so this thread is the result

That's a little insulting boo, some people just also don't like to see exploits that go against the spirit of the game.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#99 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 20:00

If you want to call it an exploit (not everyone agrees with you btw) then that is fine. Other people's point is that there is no benefit from it besides the bragging rights of having more GuildXP or a higher guild rank. Frankly, I think if someone is going to spend tens of thousands of stamina doing this, then it justifies the results.

#100 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 20:02

If you want to call it an exploit (not everyone agrees with you btw) then that is fine. Other people's point is that there is no benefit from it besides the bragging rights of having more GuildXP or a higher guild rank. Frankly, I think if someone is going to spend tens of thousands of stamina doing this, then it justifies the results.

The thing is nothing in this game is worth anything in the real world, so everything in the game that we get has 'fs value' which includes gxp.

Whether an exploit is used to gain FSP, gold, xp or gxp it doesn't matter. They are gaining something. Right?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: