Photo

please extend pvp attack range

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
325 replies to this topic

Poll: should the pvp range be extended (130 member(s) have cast votes)

should the pvp range be extended

1. no (79 votes [60.77%])

Percentage of vote: 60.77%

2. yes (51 votes [39.23%])

Percentage of vote: 39.23%

Vote

#81 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:23

1 person can attack another person so that sort of makes it a pvp game

1 person can attack a titan, does this make it a titan hunting game?
1 person can sell an item, does it make it a merchant game?
Etc...

This game is so much more then just leveling and pvp. It's an mmorpg. Lots of different roles. Not just 1. How would you feel if I called it a leveling game. It isn't. It's much more.

#82 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:33

1 person can attack a titan, does this make it a titan hunting game?
1 person can sell an item, does it make it a merchant game?
Etc...

This game is so much more then just leveling and pvp. It's an mmorpg. Lots of different roles. Not just 1. How would you feel if I called it a leveling game. It isn't. It's much more.

You do have a point.... but I think your points are essentially the same, in as much as those that hate PvP so badly don't play the whole game, I think leefy is pointing out that PvP is an integral part of the game, it isn't going away, nor should it.  And although there are countless threads about the topic in this forum, it has historically gotten the least overall attention as far as improvements are concerned than any other part of the game.  It just gets nerfed nerfed nerfed.  Time for us to get some good stuff, too....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#83 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 19:54

You do have a point.... but I think your points are essentially the same, in as much as those that hate PvP so badly don't play the whole game, I think leefy is pointing out that PvP is an integral part of the game, it isn't going away, nor should it.  And although there are countless threads about the topic in this forum, it has historically gotten the least overall attention as far as improvements are concerned than any other part of the game.  It just gets nerfed nerfed nerfed.  Time for us to get some good stuff, too....

My point is simple... this game has a lot to offer. some may want to do pvp, some may not. Some may want to chase SE's, some may not. You think PVP is nerfed, I think it's Over powered. I don't think it should go away but it should be fixed. I like some of what rocknoor suggested. Real PVP.

I do understand why some fight it tooth and nail and will send nasty PM's to anyone that dares take away the teeth PVP has. How else to punish players who dare break the unwritten rules of PVP or mouth off or send nasty PM's. Somehow I don't think that's the players job. Fix this and I'm all for it. Until then, can't wait to try it myself and see who complains.

It does disappoint me that some of the thinly veiled threats within this post as well as the goal of ostracizing players (Attack the whole guild until the target player is kicked out) is accepted practice.

#84 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 20:18

You continue to argue with sarcasm and run-a-rounds but never anything to fix the real problem. As I've said before, if you don't like my fixes that's fine, but bring up some real reasons. Until you want to bring up some real reasons to advance pvp and solve the real problem at the same time then I'm done replying to you.

I just brought a sincere and serious proposal before you! You laugh it off. Why? It gives you everything you want - namely no attacks, no PvP. You needn't worry about PvP since you don't want any part of it, or do you?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#85 Gooner111

Gooner111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ireland

Posted 17 February 2015 - 20:41

l voted no. The suggested range is far too much. Would need lot more work before acceptable

The thread, like all pvp threads,  is quite funny. It always seems to go pvpers v levelers. You then have few pvpers saying this and that needs changing to evolve with the game yet moment levelers say drop xp loss to evolve with levelers of the game its 'you signed up to pvp game so tough'. lol  Also have few levelers who do the same thing. Thread then becomes chaos. Becomes so hard to stay on topic :-D

My own suggestion is make pvp protection cheaper than chips!!!! Not sure what the cost is these days but lessen it. Then levelers can have it running non-stop. XP is protected. Maybe protect first  half - million of gold on hand???? Go 1 cent above that and Gold is fair game for pvpers. If its cheap and easily affordable for all (ie new players with lack of funds) then it is effectively an opt-out of pvp button. Could increase level ranges for pvpers this way too. Big increases to give them much more options. Leveler who forgets protection, gets caught while leveling.... own fault lol

Hey Mzzery.... 20 mill on hand lol I'd have taken swipe at that :-)

As for prestige, personally I don't think it should be in the game but it is. I definitely think it shouldn't be changed from its current format. You lose levels from hits.... that can be a consequence of hitting. You can gain those levels back from leveling. Prestige assists with regaining them quicker - just seems wrong to me. So does the complaining that levelers work to get prestige in as safe a way as possible. Can't be having it all your own way lol 

#86 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:00

I don't mind if the PvP attack range is extended for high level players as the gear to beat and get beaten is more or less the same over 100s of levels. But for the lower level players I fear it would be a disaster. Try to beat a level 200 with level 50 gear - it will be impossible. Know thy setup ranges! :D

So I would agree with the proposal if it were only introduced in the higher levels, say above level 1000. Below that doesn't make a lot of sense, in my opinion.

#87 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:35

I don't mind if the PvP attack range is extended for high level players as the gear to beat and get beaten is more or less the same over 100s of levels. But for the lower level players I fear it would be a disaster. Try to beat a level 200 with level 50 gear - it will be impossible. Know thy setup ranges! :D

So I would agree with the proposal if it were only introduced in the higher levels, say above level 1000. Below that doesn't make a lot of sense, in my opinion.

you have misunderstood the level ranges....

level 25 -  200 +/- 5

level 200 -500 +/- 10

level 500 - 1000 +/- 25

level 1000 - 1500 +/- 50

level 1500 - 2000 +/- 100

level 2000 - 2500 +/- 150..

level 25 - 200 is only + or - 5 levels.. so a level 200 couldnt attack a level 50

#88 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:35

If the idea is to improve PvP, then let's have a Live PvP Arena where online players can attack each other with full gears and buffs and without fear of being bountied or gained up.  What's the point of pvping if your target is offline?

Increasing the level range doesn't encourage or improve pvp.

Just my thought.

Edited by beg2lose, 17 February 2015 - 21:38.

#89 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:49

There really is no need to increase the range fact is if the reasoning behind it is so fellow pvper's can hit each other they can do that now via the pvp ladder after all regardless of its setting its pvp...

#90 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:50

you have misunderstood the level ranges....

level 25 -  200 +/- 5

level 200 -500 +/- 10

level 500 - 1000 +/- 25

level 1000 - 1500 +/- 50

level 1500 - 2000 +/- 100

level 2000 - 2500 +/- 150..

level 25 - 200 is only + or - 5 levels.. so a level 200 couldnt attack a level 50

Yeah. I can agree.

Other ranges could be this:

level 25 to 1000:  +/- 10 level range

level 1001 to 1300:  +/- 50 level range

level 1301 to 2000:  +/- 100 level range

level 2001 to 3000:  +/- 200 level range

I picked lvl 1300 due to the fact that PvP gear wasn't designed very well after about lvl 1250, or at least it becomes one large pool of similar stats in gear setups after that.

#91 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:53

those levels would work for me :)

#92 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:58

There really is no need to increase the range fact is if the reasoning behind it is so fellow pvper's can hit each other they can do that now via the pvp ladder after all regardless of its setting its pvp...

The ladder is limited. Try it and see for yourself :)

The reasoning behind the proposal is to allow for more action than what the current range allows you to have. i.e. I hit you, you hit me or bounty. It may increase activity on the bounty board, which is welcome.

#93 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 22:07

The ladder is limited. Try it and see for yourself :)

The reasoning behind the proposal is to allow for more action than what the current range allows you to have. i.e. I hit you, you hit me or bounty. It may increase activity on the bounty board, which is welcome.

i did it was full of just ted members i got slapped around more times then a 3 stooges sketch

#94 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 22:17

i did it was full of just ted members i got slapped around more times then a 3 stooges sketch

Yeah. That's why if you really want to build up decent prestige, you'd need to seek it in the range of players outside the ladder. The ladder needs to change. But meanwhile, we should be able to slap each other around like old buddies even if we're 200 levels away, right?

#95 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 22:27

Yeah. That's why if you really want to build up decent prestige, you'd need to seek it in the range of players outside the ladder. The ladder needs to change. But meanwhile, we should be able to slap each other around like old buddies even if we're 200 levels away, right?

see the problem is there is the odd player not many but enough to make ppls lives miserable who constantly attack anyone within range for no other reason then they can i have seen it so know it happens ...only advice has been to lvl out of there range ..can you imagine if they had a 100 lvls to kill in some poor sods would be hounded out the game

#96 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 22:37

XP loss is overrated, hades. You gain XP back every time you hunt. At the end of the day, it's really harmless. The only range it may feel like a burden is when you're a little tadpole trying to level up at lvl 70. Once you're a frog, you'll be the one catching the flies. If you see what I mean.

#97 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 22:40

XP loss is overrated, hades. You gain XP back every time you hunt. At the end of the day, it's really harmless. The only range it may feel like a burden is when you're a little tadpole trying to level up at lvl 70. Once you're a frog, you'll be the one catching the flies. If you see what I mean.

yoda has spoken hehehe

#98 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 22:42

If it's overrated then why not get rid of it? Or substantially reduce it?

#99 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 February 2015 - 22:50

If XP loss is so overrated then I really like the idea Hades had of an offline buff that when activated costs the attacking PvP'er multiple levels, it's only "XP after all".  Let's put some risk in attacking off-line players for the PvP segment.  As it is, what risk does a PvP'er have in attacking an offline player maybe a 1 in 100 chance of losing if they are bad at it and virtually no risk if they are any good at it. 

Edited by Rocknoor, 17 February 2015 - 22:54.

#100 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2015 - 22:55

If XP loss is so overrated then I really like the idea Hades had of an offline buff that when activated costs the attacking PvP'er multiple levels, it's only "XP after all".  Let's put some risk in attacking off-line players for the PvP segment.  As it is, what risk does a PvP'er have in attacking an offline player maybe a 1 in 1000 chance of losing if they are bad at it and virtually no risk if they are any good at it. 

the risk is getting bountied and lose XP or to get attacked back and lose the same XP. such is PvP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: